P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

true, you don't want the puppy to become too dependant...but i don't find a problem in letting the dog sleep in the same room so they feel that sense of security when you're there with them :)

when we got our dog, he whined a couple times in the night each night. after a couple days my mom just put his bed in her room. he stays quiet all night all the time now ^_^

Well, I tried it. It didn't make any noise after I finally decided to take it in at 2AM.. :wacko:

Sigh.. I guess I gotta keep it in the room whenever we sleep then. :wacko:.__.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's okay--she sounds very young--and like she needs some reassuring and mothering. You can talk to the vet about her shots if you're concerned about unvaccinated puppy diseases transferring to humans, but we've never had a problem.

what kind of puppy is she?

I think it's okay--she sounds very young--and like she needs some reassuring and mothering. You can talk to the vet about her shots if you're concerned about unvaccinated puppy diseases transferring to humans, but we've never had a problem.

what kind of puppy is she?

Yeah. the doctor said they couldn't determine the age yet, even with the teeth somewhat grown out. I don't know, she doesn't seem like she has anything anyway from what the doctor has said during the examination. I'll ask next time we visit.

Um, we're not even sure ourselves, but the doctor was determined that it's a german shepard; mixed with something else.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YOKWA.

Any bunny owners here? c:

I don't know if this has been asked before (to lazy to check)

But is it really necessary to take a bunny to a vet?

I'm pretty sure she's healthy and in tip top shape, so I don't have to, right?

And, how much does it cost to get a bunny spayed? :\

Any bunny owners here? c:

I don't know if this has been asked before (to lazy to check)

But is it really necessary to take a bunny to a vet?

I'm pretty sure she's healthy and in tip top shape, so I don't have to, right?

And, how much does it cost to get a bunny spayed? :\

If it doesn't eat and doesn't poop.. take it to the vet immediately :tears:

Otherwise usually bunnies can take care of themselves.

Guest Staypon

Was it a bad decision for me to teach the dog to use the pads indoors? I mean, the only reason I did was because she's still in the phase of getting all of her shots since she's still a puppy. She's getting her second shot next week!~ Um, but I've read other people talk about pads and puppies and they say that it's a bad idea because it teaches dogs that it's okay to potty inside the house, like even accidents are okay. She has accidents every now and then but i'm starting to get irritated with having to dry up the carpet every time she decides to just take a leak in the house. Should I just have her sleep outside so that she can start pottying outside? Because I don't know if I can wake up every 2-3 hours during the night just to let her go out to use the potty...

Was it a bad decision for me to teach the dog to use the pads indoors? I mean, the only reason I did was because she's still in the phase of getting all of her shots since she's still a puppy. She's getting her second shot next week!~ Um, but I've read other people talk about pads and puppies and they say that it's a bad idea because it teaches dogs that it's okay to potty inside the house, like even accidents are okay. She has accidents every now and then but i'm starting to get irritated with having to dry up the carpet every time she decides to just take a leak in the house. Should I just have her sleep outside so that she can start pottying outside? Because I don't know if I can wake up every 2-3 hours during the night just to let her go out to use the potty...

Although we've never used them, I don't think it was a bad idea to teach the puppy to use the pads indoors--but now I guess is the time to start getting her used to going ONLY outside...she still is really little--so she's going to have accidents until she has better control over her bladder. The puppy we have now was a little easier to train then my last one (I actually lost 11 lbs running after him cleaning)--you're probably going to hate me, but just for a little while--you're probably going to have to do have to get up at least a couple of times during the night (other than taking her out after she eats dinner + before going to bed), and into early morning to take her out--and then praise her like crazy when she does go. We've had Irish Wolfhounds, so getting them out so I wouldn't always have to clean lakes was a good incentive. >< If I didn't get up fast enough with this one, she would climb on me and stick her nose in my face until she woke me up. Or she'd whine or bark. Loudly. Right in my ear. lol I think it took about 2 1/2 weeks to train her--getting her into a routine--which we had to anyway, because the idiots that bred her did let the puppies go in the house--on a huge heavy-duty vinyl sheet. -____- ((They weren't home enough to take good care of them. Some of her siblings still weren't house trained up to a few months ago--and she's 1 yr 7 months.)) I started to get a little irritated/impatient too--until I looked into her eyes and saw how upset she was if I seemed angry--once they know it's 'bad', they really don't want to go in the house either--they know they shouldn't, sometimes they just can't help it. =/ because she is still small, I don't think I would keep her outside no. But someone may have another opinion.

How has she been doing since she's sleeping in your room? Is she more calm?

Guest Staypon

Uh, i decided to fix my post.. I didn't realize until now that we couldn't delete our posts, so I just replied again. fixed post is below! vvvvv

Guest Staypon

Although we've never used them, I don't think it was a bad idea to teach the puppy to use the pads indoors--but now I guess is the time to start getting her used to going ONLY outside...she still is really little--so she's going to have accidents until she has better control over her bladder. The puppy we have now was a little easier to train then my last one (I actually lost 11 lbs running after him cleaning)--you're probably going to hate me, but just for a little while--you're probably going to have to do have to get up at least a couple of times during the night (other than taking her out after she eats dinner + before going to bed), and into early morning to take her out--and then praise her like crazy when she does go. We've had Irish Wolfhounds, so getting them out so I wouldn't always have to clean lakes was a good incentive. >< If I didn't get up fast enough with this one, she would climb on me and stick her nose in my face until she woke me up. Or she'd whine or bark. Loudly. Right in my ear. lol I think it took about 2 1/2 weeks to train her--getting her into a routine--which we had to anyway, because the idiots that bred her did let the puppies go in the house--on a huge heavy-duty vinyl sheet. -____- ((They weren't home enough to take good care of them. Some of her siblings still weren't house trained up to a few months ago--and she's 1 yr 7 months.)) I started to get a little irritated/impatient too--until I looked into her eyes and saw how upset she was if I seemed angry--once they know it's 'bad', they really don't want to go in the house either--they know they shouldn't, sometimes they just can't help it. =/ because she is still small, I don't think I would keep her outside no. But someone may have another opinion.

How has she been doing since she's sleeping in your room? Is she more calm?

Well, she would still have her accidents, but i've recently decided to make her potty outside because i couldn't take the stench of urine anymore... Also, she's recently decided to make the potty pads a toy... She has been using the potty outside -- which makes me proud! :) but ever since she stopped whining about sleeping on the other side of this baby gate I bought (the side that's out of my room), I decided to let her sleep in this separate room where its door leads to the outside. She wouldn't whine or anything since i'd tire her out during the day. I'd just have to wake up really early so that she wouldn't have an accident in that small enclosure. I know she's still young and all, but I think she has adjusted. ^_^

Guest janicebigbrother

My bf has a pet chinchilla and I help him to take care of it at times.. I'd say a clean cage is essential for starters. One time she got really sick, his Dad accidentally poured bath salts into her eyes and she almost got blinded.. but she was strong enough to recover luckily. So to avoid making the same mistake for anyone else who owns a chinchilla, I'd suggest being very careful with bath salts around the chinchilla.

Well, she would still have her accidents, but i've recently decided to make her potty outside because i couldn't take the stench of urine anymore... Also, she's recently decided to make the potty pads a toy... She has been using the potty outside -- which makes me proud! :) but ever since she stopped whining about sleeping on the other side of this baby gate I bought (the side that's out of my room), I decided to let her sleep in this separate room where its door leads to the outside. She wouldn't whine or anything since i'd tire her out during the day. I'd just have to wake up really early so that she wouldn't have an accident in that small enclosure. I know she's still young and all, but I think she has adjusted. ^_^

Since she's been in the room w/ the door that leads to outside, has she had any accidents in the house at all? it does sound like she's doing better! I know what you mean about the smell. >< We bought gallons and gallons of Nature's Miracle. Should have bought stock or something. lol Nothing seems to work as well as that.

do you have a pic posted of her anywhere? I'd love to see her.

Guest Staypon

Since she's been in the room w/ the door that leads to outside, has she had any accidents in the house at all? it does sound like she's doing better! I know what you mean about the smell. >< We bought gallons and gallons of Nature's Miracle. Should have bought stock or something. lol Nothing seems to work as well as that.

do you have a pic posted of her anywhere? I'd love to see her.

hm.. she still has accidents every now and then, but only when I let her roam around in the living room for too long -_- . I keep forgetting that she's still not exactly trained to hold it in, and she still thinks that the carpet is just one big potty pad. But she has been doing better, nonetheless. :D

The Vet said he still doesn't know exactly what breeds my dog is mixed w/... other than possibly German Shepard? Maybe you can infer another breed she's possibly mixed with? :0 I'm just really curious... :sweatingbullets: Anyway, this is the most recent one I found in my folder. It's of her and her brother, who belongs to my friend. She's on the left. ^_^

hazelandaiden2.jpg

Guest Ilikechocolate

^ such cuties vov

Our momma cat had kittens some time ago. They're now old enough to find new homes. 2 people have already come to take my babies away vov We still have 2 left, but i persuaded my mom to let me keep one HAHA Any good name suggestions?^^

Guest Staypon

^ such cuties vov

Our momma cat had kittens some time ago. They're now old enough to find new homes. 2 people have already come to take my babies away vov We still have 2 left, but i persuaded my mom to let me keep one HAHA Any good name suggestions?^^

What's the gender of the one you were allowed to keep? :D

Guest shikonari

Okay... this is an odd request, but does anyone know where I can get designer brand pet collars? Specifically for a cat, but a small dog would work too. I'm looking for Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc. Any help is appreciate! :]

Guest ceneash

i have a cat~ since i was little, i always wanted to have a cat. though when i get one, that wasn't made me very happy, because then i wanted a dog. xD but still, love my bb! he's damn big and fat. :D sorry for low qlty.

185839644.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1288541869&Signature=qqsXvlOWz7lAlc0owaQviQQJAEE%3D

Guest Octopus__

Okay... this is an odd request, but does anyone know where I can get designer brand pet collars? Specifically for a cat, but a small dog would work too. I'm looking for Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc. Any help is appreciate! :]

Coach has a lot of.. them too? I got one for my dog haha.

Archived