P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I have a maltese x pekingnese and she gets a lot of tear stain around her face which makes her smell really awful. I wipe her face everyday but it doesn't help much. I've been looking at some tear stain removal products and looking at reviews but people say many on the market are not very effective. Then I heard about a product could angels' eyes and it has gotten a lot of positive reviews but also there are some saying that it contains an antibiotic and that is not good for the dog. Has any sommpiers tried it before? Or are there other tear stain removers that you guys found really works?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest power_ranger

*quoted image*

me and my baby turtleeeeeeeeee

I have 2, but I was taking pictures for yearbook and it's hard to take a picture with a turtle in each hand >:

and the other one doesn't like to come out of his shell

awwwwwww, those tend to get pretty stinky/messy if you don't clean them often. My two baby turtles ran away and found them under the fridge 2 years later. You can guess from there... =(

I've lost about 6 parakeets, 2 turtes ^, 8 fish?, 1 bunny, and I still have one dog left. Wonder when he's gonna run away, lol jk he's my baby I'd never let him. The bunny was given away without my permission, and the rest either ran away/died.

I have a maltese x pekingnese and she gets a lot of tear stain around her face which makes her smell really awful. I wipe her face everyday but it doesn't help much. I've been looking at some tear stain removal products and looking at reviews but people say many on the market are not very effective. Then I heard about a product could angels' eyes and it has gotten a lot of positive reviews but also there are some saying that it contains an antibiotic and that is not good for the dog. Has any sommpiers tried it before? Or are there other tear stain removers that you guys found really works?

Maybe consult your vet about that Angels Eyes product and also ask if he/she can recommend you something for the tear stains that will be safe to apply to your dog.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aznscrewball

Disclaimer: I am not a dog expert, but I did a lot research on the internet on the subject. However, it would still be best to consult your vet before giving anything.

I tried using polysporin eye drops for pink eye when my dog was excessively tearing eye-gunk. Experts say that it is harmless to dogs. I took a chance and there were no adverse effects and it cleared up her problem pretty well. It was readily available and solved my problem.

Guest InfiniteTime

I was wondering, I just bought a albino corn snake and I was wondering if i could have two snakes in one tank? An Albino Corn Snake and a Albino Snow Corn Snake.

Guest Littlofoott

toGETherONE

cute. Ive never seen a white Shiba Inu.

The pink nose will get pinker with age.Normal

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markspencer

question. hope im at the right thread.

anyways, im a dog lover and even though we are a family of asthmatics - we still have 'em.

but there is one thing, a friend gave us a white japanese spitz {is that how u spell it?}.

it's ubberrrr cute, but my problem right now - is that his fur is everywhere.

now he's not sleeping in my room, because i might get an attack because of it - lolxxx.

im wondering, what type of dog should i get that has less maintenance on their hair?

a small one would be nice, but not that furry furry type.

help?

thanks.

Guest Mentos

question. hope im at the right thread.

anyways, im a dog lover and even though we are a family of asthmatics - we still have 'em.

but there is one thing, a friend gave us a white japanese spitz {is that how u spell it?}.

it's ubberrrr cute, but my problem right now - is that his fur is everywhere.

now he's not sleeping in my room, because i might get an attack because of it - lolxxx.

im wondering, what type of dog should i get that has less maintenance on their hair?

a small one would be nice, but not that furry furry type.

help?

thanks.

Hi,

I would suggest a hypoallergenic breed. If you're looking for a small dog with less pet dander (great for those with pet allergies), I would recommend a poodle (they have three sizes: toy, standard, and giant), maltese, yorkshire terrier, shih tzu (sp?), or a "designer puppy" (ex: maltipoo). I will warn you that if it is MAINTENANCE on hair that you're worried about (grooming), these dogs may not be right for you. Although these breeds are hypoallergenic, because their fur is like human hair (keeps growing until it falls out), you will need to have them trimmed and brush frequently.

Good luck!

Guest xxkorean_babiixx

Nice to read there are several Shiba Inu owners out here.

Update pic:

*quoted image*

I want to understand if his pink nose will ever return black? I read a pink nose may be an indication he's sick; highly unlikely. I know he loves to dig his nose in grass and dirt scrapping his nose pink. Is it a serious concern? Any similar stories/concerns to share?

Pup pic: http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/130370-show-off-your-pets/page__view__findpost__p__16139152

My boy is growing too fast.... :tears: [tears of joy]

He's microchipped.

I'm looking into getting another pet, most likely a black Pomeranian.

Don't worry about the nose color change. I have a Jindo (a breed similar to a Shiba) and his nose went from black to pink as he grew up. For most dogs, this loss of pigmentation is a natural sign of aging. Some breeds have a seasonal nose color change from black to pink and vice versa. However, it can indicate some kind of ailment.

For these type of dogs, it's just a natural sign of aging that has to do with genetics...unless you notice otherwise :) My Jindo's pink nose makes him all the more lovable!

Guest Kaiyuu

Is it just me or are dogs from asia cuter than dogs in north america? I'm not talking about different breeds, I mean like a toy poodle from Korea looks way cuter than a toy poodle from North america. Is it just because of how they're groomed? Or how they're bred? For example, Korean celebrities' dogs look so much cuter and fluffier than my neighbours dog and they're the same breed...

Am I the only one that thinks this?? hm~

Guest Mentos

If a dog fell out of nowhere and saw you butt naked, do you think he's like "Dude you're naked!" and that you should freak out? Or it doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter, right?

Haha, that's a funny question. When my dog was a puppy, he would try to come in while I was showering or doing my business in there. Eventually, I let him come in. It does not matter at all.

Is it just me or are dogs from asia cuter than dogs in north america? I'm not talking about different breeds, I mean like a toy poodle from Korea looks way cuter than a toy poodle from North america. Is it just because of how they're groomed? Or how they're bred? For example, Korean celebrities' dogs look so much cuter and fluffier than my neighbours dog and they're the same breed...

Am I the only one that thinks this?? hm~

I've noticed this, too. I can tell the difference between an English-bred Golden Retriever from an American-bred Golden from a Korean/Asian- bred Golden. They all have different faces to me. I think it all comes down to what physical trait is most wanted. The English Goldens tend to have fuller, bigger, stockier heads. Their coats are generally a lot lighter only because the English people prefer lighter coated Goldens. American Goldens (from my experience) tend to have smaller and "sharper" heads (like the muzzle looks a bit longer). And Korean Goldens, well... they tend to look a bit like stuffed animals. I can't explain it, but something looks *off* compared to what I'm used to seeing (American/English). I actually don't like it :X My friend has a Golden Retriever and although it was identifiably a Golden, something looked a bit off to me.

Same with Doberman Pinschers and other German breeds. German-bred Doberman Pinschers tend to be more "masculine," meaning that they have leaner muscles, a thicker built than American Dobermans. American Dobermans tend to be more "petite" in size (but does not stray away from the Doberman standards).

If you're talking about smaller breeds, I'd like to say that there are two different kinds of Maltese faces for me. The ones with the babydoll faces (those cute adorable apple shaped heads), and just the regular ones (haha, I don't know how else to put it). Same with chihuahuas and other toy breeds.

I'm no doggy expert, and I don't have solid scientific evidence for why they may look different, but I can totally see what you mean. I'm guessing it's just about the desired physical traits wanted in that area? And the up keeping? I guess it's like humans. A Korean-American vs. Korean. They're both Koreans with noticeably eastern features, but something is just different between the two (not necessarily clothes, attitude). I can spot a foreigner from Korea a mile away just by looking at their face. KDHGLJDGOFSDLJL.

Guest Kaiyuu

Hmmmm, yeah I was looking on Naver for puppies and their pictures are obviously photoshopped and look adorable, but I think they do look more like a doll. And I totally get what you mean about two types of Maltese, because my aunt's maltese was brought from Korea and I've never seen a maltese that cute before in my life and she always smells SOOO good like perfume... >.>;; odd huh?

Haha, that's a funny question. When my dog was a puppy, he would try to come in while I was showering or doing my business in there. Eventually, I let him come in. It does not matter at all.

Ah ok... But... Do you know why your dog always wants to accompany you in the bathroom? :wacko:

Ah ok... But... Do you know why your dog always wants to accompany you in the bathroom? :wacko:

=p they couldn't possibly care less if you have clothes on or not, they're really just looking at you. They mostly always want to be wherever you are, including the bathroom. Mine can't come in to stay with me because she's too big, but she tries. I had a cat that always came in when I had a shower.

Guest illumiinate

Yesterday while my sister was with our puppy, he got into a little fight with my cousin's dog and from what she told me, our puppy Kovu jumped out of her arms and landed on the concrete. When he got home he couldn't walk on his left hind leg and remained still the whole night, so we took him to the vet and turns out he fractured a bone.

A butterfly fracture, to be exact.

But with all the little procedures that are ridiculously expensive, is it possible for the fracture to heal on its own? I don't want to go back every week and pay $45 to splint his leg if I don't have to... especially if we go back consecutively for three to four weeks, and then pay for the x-ray exam that costs about a $100 afterwards.

I'm just asking because apparently my uncle's dog fractured her leg and was fine after they left it alone for a couple of weeks... if it matters, our puppy is about three months.

Guest Yueguang1430276635

Hey guys, I got a 4-month old kitten about 2 weeks ago, and I love her to death. Only problem, she keeps getting into things creation potential danger for her, and possible destruction for me. :( She'll climb up my clothes in my wardrobe area (I have a big studio apartment, so no closet, just a wardrobe area with shelves and what-have-you) and end up on top of the rack crying for help at 3 AM, almost EVERY NIGHT! And then she'll get up on top my bookshelf and accidentally knock EVERYTHING down, like my c.d.s, camera, book, etc. 

I know she's curious, but I need to find a way to train her to stop doing this! I read somewhere to fill a container with coins and shake it at them, and that worked at first...but now she's not as frightened by it.

HELP?!

Yesterday while my sister was with our puppy, he got into a little fight with my cousin's dog and from what she told me, our puppy Kovu jumped out of her arms and landed on the concrete. When he got home he couldn't walk on his left hind leg and remained still the whole night, so we took him to the vet and turns out he fractured a bone.

A butterfly fracture, to be exact.

But with all the little procedures that are ridiculously expensive, is it possible for the fracture to heal on its own? I don't want to go back every week and pay $45 to splint his leg if I don't have to... especially if we go back consecutively for three to four weeks, and then pay for the x-ray exam that costs about a $100 afterwards.

I'm just asking because apparently my uncle's dog fractured her leg and was fine after they left it alone for a couple of weeks... if it matters, our puppy is about three months.

I would talk to your dr about it--and even get a second opinion from another vet, if you want. some puppies, because they're young-will heal okay (also depends on how bad the fracture is)--others might not.

Yueguang~ we had two kittens (brought from outside like all our cats, and cousins to the older ones we had)--brother and sister---and they were like that, too...especially Licorice. His sister was fairly calm, even when she was tiny. Licorice did everything your kitten does--and we decided it would be safer for them to sleep (when we slept) in a big cat crate[with small cat box just in case]--and we didn't want the dogs (who loved the cats) to be chasing them all over when we couldn't watch, either. (There was Catlympics here every night.) After only a couple of days, they got used to sleeping in the crate, and even went in to rest during the day--we left the door open for them. When they were big enough, the crate was put away, and they slept where they wanted- which was usually on the couch, sometimes with the dogs.

When they're up and doing stuff and you're at home--at least you can tell them no if they get into trouble. Coin thing didn't work for us--it just terrified all the cats. Dogs didn't like it either. >< We did try spray bottle with water in it--but they became immune to that, too. Honestly--telling them no worked better than anything. =p What does she do when you're out?

Guest lipoko

Occasionally, he'll vomit runny yellowish foam or has an upset tummy  :tears:

Dogs puke the yellowish foam if their stomach is empty (often during walks). If you're feeding your dog twice a day, please switch it to three times (you give half of the normal morning amount in the morning and the other half when you get home from school/work). This often occurs especially when dogs get older.

--

And pink nose is not something to worry about, but because pink nose has no pigment it burns easily in the sun. So you might need to use cream to prevent it burning.

--

And to people who want to feed their pets homemade food. (since industrial food is often no good)

Brown rice and potatoes (especially good for dogs that gain weight easily, since they keep the hunger away)

barley, buckwheat and millet

meat (any meat is good! petshops often sell meat especially for dogs, which is usually cheaper) (the food should contain enough meat! at least 1/3!)

vegetables (carrots/pies/cauliflower.. vegetables should be smashed or sliced into really small pieces, cause canine digestion can't use vegetables effectively)

Easiest is to just cook rice and mix in meat and for example carrots. With barley, buckwheat and millet you can make kind of porridge and then mix the meat in.

Dogs can eat either raw or cooked meat (of course check that the meat is clean if given raw). But if your dog has never eaten raw meat before, let him get usen to it slowly.

Garlic is super good for dogs, so you can add it to their foods. Onions should not be fed to dogs.

(You can also add seaweed etc. if your dog likes them) :)

Archived