[Movie 2008] The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은 놈, 나쁜 놈, 이상한 놈

rubie

:w00t: Dir. KJW is really working his magic again and the 3 actors' performance are so awesome! Thanks Fiona for this wonderful surprise of a sharing! Hope everyone will be able to view the trailer.. luckily my pc cooperated with the streaming.. phew!! It's so brutally cool that you can't take your eyes off the screen! All the 3 men are just exploding with exhilarating excitement of an awesome movie to come! :w00t: I love SKH's expression.. he's definitely the show-stealer! :lol: And each of the actors has his own "personality" that really jumps out off the screen... like.. literally. :P

--- Btw.. tried my hands again on one GBW blinkie to share with all.

If anyone likes them.. please feel free to put it up at your siggy space and no credits needed. :blush:

Any cool catchy taglines for GBW.. just let me know and I'll blink them up. ^^

GBWblinkie3.gif

GBWblinkie4.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Morty

Wow, thank you very much!! Fiona, you are the greatest! :blush:

That trailer looks incredibly fantastic and makes the long waiting time for the DVD even worse!! Hope we can still all see the movie this year... this is going to be an awesome action and entertainment fest!!

We need to look out for reviews next week!!

^ Fabulous captures! Really great action they've got, too.

Thanks.. hunnie-TY.. you're such a sweetheart. :wub:

Each of them has great action sequences to show in the movie.. in their own way.

Love the clip, a well-put together trailer! Really giving that lethal "kick" for GBW. :lol:

Wow, thank you very much!! Fiona, you are the greatest! :blush:

That trailer looks incredibly fantastic and makes the long waiting time for the DVD even worse!! Hope we can still all see the movie this year... this is going to be an awesome action and entertainment fest!!

We need to look out for reviews next week!!

Hi Morty! Welcome to the thread, so happy to see you posting with us. :D

The trailer just awesome, huh.. huh.. everything and everyone fitting the storyline, creating an explosive mood of continuous excitement.

Definitely looking forward for its Cannes screening.. in .. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 days' time! :w00t:

Here's one from Cannes; According to fans, if you forward to 10:55, you will see GWB 30 seconds clipping :)

Here's the gist, only La Brute was featured :sweatingbullets:, go catch his laughter, muahaha!

http://cannes2008.canalplus.fr/emission-Ce...4-mai-2008.aspx

Baidu

Is there a readily-available download link for this... somewhere? :unsure:

Btw.. Celina at LBH thread create these cool banners to share. :blush:

*Newly added* The Bad (Credit for caps: TY) :wub:

347wal3.jpg

fz847s.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

Feel free to use any :D

Advance (private) screening for GBW planned ahead of May 24th

Festival_de_cannes_logo.gif

Cannes market slimmer than usual

Dollar value struggling against high costs at fest

By SHARON SWART, PATRICK FRATER (May 17, 2008)

The one thing Cannes Market-goers agree on is that there are fewer people here this year.

Cannes feels lighter. Even on the usually jam-packed first Saturday of the confab, the Croisette is less crowded and at almost any given time there are seats available in restaurants and bars.

Execs point to the inclement weather, the astronomical prices charged around town and the weak dollar.

"The costs of coming to Cannes are having an effect on everyone; there are even fewer French producers of the kind that would come for a few days to hang out on the Grand Hotel terrace," said Nicolas Brigaud-Robert, co-chief of French seller Films Distribution.

The market for films is harder to read, but seems similarly diminished. Sellers can't agree whether there are fewer buyers or there's simply less walk-in trade.

Kathy Kim, co-head of sales at Korea's CJ Entertainment, said, "Our lineup is the best we've had at a market for several years, but we are not selling any more than last time. But then passing trade has been dropping for a couple of years."

The serious buyers, meanwhile, are coming to the market prepared and ready to buy. Several buyers polled said they were making precision strikes in the first few days of the market and some said they were going home as early as this weekend. Benelux distributors RCV, who are newly owned by Canada's Entertainment One, said they had targeted three films and were pretty much done by day 3 of the market.

CJ's Kim noted that buyers were focused on two of her titles in particular. In order to hit buyers who may not stay till the bitter end, company was mounting private screenings of its Official Selection film "The Good, the Bad, the Weird," ahead of Saturday's public screening.

But it's not just completed films that will see deals at this market. Prebuys are part of the mix again as well.

Diego Halabi of Sun, a pan-Latin American rights distrib that buys all rights for the 24 territories in the region, said, "We only buy all rights for all of Latin America and we can take the risk of prebuying. Sun pre-bought "Two Lovers" in Berlin and Soderbergh's Che project two years ago. Both are in Cannes' Competition this year.

Sebastian Darcyl, Halabi's TV partner in Buenos Aires-based Sun Distribution, explained, "We're very focused. We take calculated risks and can be efficient about who we want to be in business with."

"There is no underlying shortage of buyers," said Essential Entertainment topper Jere Hausfater. "There are multi-territory distributors, consortia and informal alliances, same as ever. But the days of multiple sales and packages are gone. There is no shortage of money either, but the money people are becoming really careful about who they ally themselves with and which projects they go with. They want more background checks, they want to know if the rights are really there, they want to know who and what they are dealing with."

"All the contraction going on in the (U.S.) business creates a certain apprehension and unease in the market. People are waiting for the next shoe or two to drop," Overture's Chris McGurk added.

There are plenty of local factors at play too. In some overseas territories weak DVD or TV sectors are removing ancillary market support for all-rights buyers. That may be the case in Russia, Brazil and Spain.

In others, the direction and strength of local production is inversely affecting demand for foreign acquisitions. Sellers cited Japan as a territory still plumbed by strong homegrown fare. And weakness at home has made Korea an aggressive new buyer. "I've heard some buyers are going crazy and offering three times asking prices, I wish they'd do that for my titles," Kim Seung-bum, CEO of Korea's Studio 2.0, said.

And while buyers from dollar territories are especially are hurting, Hausfater noted, "It is not about the currency, it is all about whether they want your movie."

Source: Variety.com

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=fe...id=VR1117985994

Guest Janie Simply

Adding on from the above...

20080518172512.440.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/movie/view...2&cp=yonhap

GBW poster decorated the magazine cover of the 61st Cannes today (May 18); Today is the 5th day of the FF. GBW will be screened on May 24th.

Aish, the columnist should have taken a better angle of the cover, so not clear :sweatingbullets:

---

And here's to all the bello senorita; a fanvid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teB41pQHUDI

Guest Juniper_girl

20080518172512.440.0.jpg

GBW poster decorated the magazine cover of the 61st Cannes today (May 18); Today is the 5th day of the FF. GBW will be screened on May 24th.

Aish, the columnist should have taken a better angle of the cover, so not clear :sweatingbullets:

---

Here's to all the beautiful Senorita; a fanvid.

the photo is the last scene of the movie. I mean thinking in the leone's movie.

Guest Janie Simply

the photo is the last scene of the movie. I mean thinking in the leone's movie.

Oh really? Then I must finish Sergio's version later today just to catch that glimpse :sweatingbullets: Aish, with all the hypes, I couldn't help but to borrow the dvd from the library and rewatch GWU as prelude to GBW :blush:

Guest White Star

I love the trailer....SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Althought i fought all three lead utterly talented and appealing...LBH is the most irresistable as a bad guy....what can i say...he is just hot hot hot

+WS+

I love the trailer....SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Althought i fought all three lead utterly talented and appealing...LBH is the most irresistable as a bad guy....what can i say...he is just hot hot hot

+WS+

Yeah I can't wait to see this movie now this is movie that should definitely be ranked the or amongst the best this year in Korea. Jung is the actor I looking forward to seeing, the one that blew that man away before the man could enter the room that was straight classic.LYB total badazz with him standing on the railroad tracks owns.

http://photo-media.daum-img.net/200805/18/...72512.440.0.jpg

---

And here's to all the bello senorita; a fanvid.

Thanks Janice for this update.. GBW's Cannes premiere is well-appreciated, huh.. that is awesome. What a keepsake to have... I mean to look at. :blush:

Hi Juniper_girl! Welcome to the thread.. the cover looks like the ending scene of the original western, ya? I really don't remember if I had ever seen the movie :blush: .. but it's been mentioned quite a bit that it's filmed quite seriously accurate based on the Leone's movie.. not a bad thing, though.

Hope to see you posting more at the thread.. GBW thoughts and all! :D

Waves to White Star and tanio12... hot,. hot, hot bada$$ trailer indeed. :lol:

May 20, 2008

놈놈놈, 캐릭터 예고편 공개 “송강호-이병헌-정우성 파격 변신 화제”

20080520163925.jpg

(리뷰스타 황유영 기자) 올 여름 최고의 기대작 ‘좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈(이하 놈놈놈)’이 캐릭터 예고편으로 영상을 첫 공개했다.

'장화홍련' '달콤한 인생'의 김지운 감독의 신작 ‘놈놈놈’은 송강호, 이병헌, 정우성의 화려한 캐스팅에 이어 미완성 상태에서 칸 영화제 심사를 통과해 공식 비경쟁 부문 진출까지 이뤄내며 최고의 기대작으로 떠올랐다.

이번 캐릭터 예고편에서는 세 배우의 개성과 파격 변신이 눈길을 끌고 있다. 카리스마 넘치는 마적단 두목 창이역의 이병헌은 그 동안의 부드러운 이미지에서 벗어나 비열하지만 매력적인 카리스마를 발산하고 있다. 특히 이병헌은 상반신 누드를 공개하며 조각 몸매를 과시하기도 했다.

또한 롱 코트를 휘날리며 목표물을 명중시키는 명사수 도원역의 정우성은 남성적인 아름다움과 현란한 액션을 선보이고 있으며, 곡예에 가까운 액션으로 강렬한 생명력을 내뿜는 태구역의 송강호는 코믹하면서도 존재감 있는 연기로 시선을 사로잡고 있다.

한편 캐릭터 예고편만으로 관객들의 기대감을 더욱 증폭시키고 있는 놈놈놈은 오는 7월 관객들과 만날 예정이다.

Source: http://web.reviewstar.net/view.php?code=1030&id=70877

Cool GBW highlight ^^

Posted on Sunday, May 18th, 2008 3:51:48 GMT by: quietearth

Subbed English trailer for Korean western The Good, The Bad, The Weird

Yup, everyone wants to be Sergio Leone, and after Takashi Miike's Sukiyaki Western Django, Kim Ji-Woon's decided to get in on the action and made this "Oriental Western" which has to do with the story of three Korean outlaws in 1930s Manchuria and their dealings with the Japanese army and Chinese and Russian bandits. The film is playing out of competition at Cannes and will hopefully dropping for us sometime soon, because I have to say I'm really digging the genre-bending that's going on now. The footage looks spectacular and the 80s soundtrack they have on it just makes it seem so whimsical, so check it out after the break. (similar YouTube clip, posted earlier - also updated at Page1)

Source: www.quietearth.us

via KFCCinema

The Good, The Bad And The Weird trailer is up. What more can I say? Props to fourm member Morty for the post in our The Good, The Bad And The Weird official thread.

Archived