Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

Guest thowysg

Gifs (baeksang)

hi hye! thanks for the pix...that one with "you will win" very nice... :D hello & welcome loversixteen...watch him in Capital Scandal..you'll swoon! :D

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ripgal

A recent news on KJH's reaction to his nomination in the Baek Sang Awards

The news article just touched briefly on KJH's reaction to his nominations in the Baek Sang Awards. He said he's very happy to have been nominated in the Baek Sang for his performances in HGD and CS. He considered the nominations an honour because as seen, he's being nominated with so many veteran and experienced actors. All of the actors' dramas in the Best Male Lead category had high ratings.. CS's like the underdog because the ratings garnered weren't exactly high.. But for the drama and his performance in CS to be nominated, KJH felt really proud.

---

And for our Ji-Ji shippers

eccaeeb465b0f2748ad4b27tm5.jpg

credits: baidu

Guest baby1talk

unfortunatly I can't help you. I succeded to register because my Korean friend helped me. I also received a message by telefone. I know it says a code to put in our registration.

Sorry ;__;

BTW I truly advise you to follow the detailed and good tutorial written by kity in http://jihwansarang.cjb.net/

Welcome here daysgoby!

Baby1talk fighting!

I just come at working, another busy, hard and bad day waits me....

I have a bad period .__.

Hi Sofia, thank you, I feel a lot better today. I hope you feel better. :) Don't get too stress out at work.

good morning everyone...dropping this off before i head out

fanart

credit as labeled and Baidu

Thanks Jink, I love this fanart so much. Who ever draw this fanart is real talented. :D

hi baby1talk...aawww...hope u're feeling better....ya...pity we don't see the same pairing very much....of cuz, jiji couple is my fav... :D u take care now...

hi hye..hanjae...jinkzz..sophia...& all jihwan fans! & yes...if anyone knows of where in Singapore they might be selling CS..pls share...thanks!

Hehehe, yes I know you love Jiji couple. :) After sleeping, I feel so much better. Good luck to you guys on finding CS set in Singapore. :)

Thanks ripgal for the news article. I'm very proud of KJH for making this far, he has remained on the top 2 position despite being nominated along side with many other established actors likes BYJ. It showed that his popularity has increased tremendously and received the recognitions he truly deserved.

For those who haven't seen CS, can download it from here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=95E6LFSB

Guest mariella

In my opinion, nationalism is also one of the reason. Korean used to dislike Japanese because of the bitter history when Japan invaded Korean..So I think when Korean actors can become popular in Japan they would be kind of proud as they can conquer this country..something related to their nationalism..That's only my opinion though..

About this nationalism, I think most of Korean have a very strong nationalism towards their country. I once knew one Korean friend. One day I saw him wearing a head scarf printed with the World Cup Logo (Korea Japan one) but I saw that the Korea was written as Corea with C instead of K...so I thought it was misprinted..However, when I asked him about it..he said it was deliberately printed like that because the letter C was come before J (for Japanese)..so if using K for Korean..the letter K was come after J (for Japanese) in alphabetical order..Or briefly it means that they wanted Korean to be ahead of Japan..

I don't think nationalism is that big of a reason.. For the people in the industry (executives) they are more concerned with making money because it is primarily a business to them. That is the nature of the industry in any country. However, yes Koreans on a personal aspect are very nationalistic. I don't think they feel like they conquered any country.. but yes they are proud their industry is popular in other countries... not just Japan. If you go to Korea.. it's not something on their minds nor do most people care very deeply that their dramas are popular in Japan.. everyone is just busy living their day to day lives mostly... like the way it is in any other country. I think some people exaggerate the extent of the Korean/Japan tension. Yes it exists.. but the normal native Korean is not really thinking about it.

Also with the spelling of Korea as "Corea" with a C. There is a reason for that. Long ago, maps in many other countries had it spelled "Corea". The United Nations also was in the process of initially spelling it "Corea". However Japan stepped in and changed it because they did not want their colony to be ahead of them in the alphabet. That is how Corea became Korea to the world officially.

Guest SARANGHAE_.

UGHHHHHH

the baeksang voting thing is killing me, i keep checking every 10 mins and the gap is getting bigger and its killlllllllling me.

i also hate the fact that the poll is only 70% of the actual popularity award. i mean whats the point of all the voting then? the netizens are complaining that its a huge money scam for the baeksang people cus they collect money from the cellphone votes and for once i agree with them.

i realllly want KJH to win this award ughhhhhh gotta pray!!!

Guest baby1talk

I think the voting is just a formality, the actual winner is determined by a panel of judges. So even with the most votes in the Popularity Category doesn't guarantee that person will be the winner, like previous year. I have confidence that KJH will either win the Best Actor Award or the Popularity Award, of course it'll be even better if he grabs both of them. :)

Guest thowysg

A recent news on KJH's reaction to his nomination in the Baek Sang Awards

..... But for the drama and his performance in CS to be nominated, KJH felt really proud.

---

And for our Ji-Ji shippers

hi ripgal ! thanks very much for the article.. & of cuz, the jiji pixs... :D & pretty glad to hear that KJH is proud of CS cuz he was nominated for best actor cuz of it... :)

hi baby1talk..glad u're feeling better...yup yup...i'm a great jiji fan.. :) & yes...hope to be able to buy a copy of CS soon in s'pore...

hi mariella...thanks for the insightful comments...btw..are u the same mariella in the HJM thread before? if u r, we miss u! if u r not, welcome... :)

i'm sure jihwan will win something!

hi hye..hanjae..dariav...sophia..jinkzz..& all the jihwan fans!

good early morning everyone...been busy the past 2 days and would prolly be busy for the next 2 weeks but will try to come by as often as i can.

I'M FINALLY A MEMBER OF withTG !!!!!! :w00t:

(am.dying.to.explore.it.but.CAN'T! I've got work due, i've got piano class tomorrow [which i'm totally not prepared for and my teacher will angst again T.T]. Gah. Die.)

dariav...congratulations!!!! youre finally part of the withTG family.

Jinkzz, thanks for the fanarts you created and the baeksang update as well as the article :) you are making this thread so lively :)

hye091...youre welcome...have been MIA the past 2 days...busy helping a friend with her GY Poem book ...thanks for the fanarts/gif/pics.

hello dadedum, thowysg, bajing, acemaverick, rochinipark, kishaleigh, pecanpie, hanjae, saranghae_, Sophia

Hey there Jink, thank you for the update. :) I've been busy as well. Not feeling so good today, I'll be back tomorrow, see you all tomorrow. :P

hi baby1talk...get well soon

I loved Kang Ji Hwan in Capital Scandal. I had only watched him in Hong Gil Dong before that, but watching him do a great job in CS just solidifies my opinion that KJH is truly a good actor, no matter the genre or the situation. There's a certain charisma about him that he carries over to his characters and makes him dominate in absolutely every scene that he's in. And then regarding the female lead in CS--Han Ji Min--I liked her character for the most part and she never annoyed me to any degree, but I wouldn't say she was the best. I definitely felt that their characters (KJH's Wan and HJM's Ma Ja) didn't have the oomph that Gil Dong and Yi Nok had. But no matter, I enjoyed KJH's presence in CS immensely :)

hi daysgoby...im the same way with you...i started to like KJH in HGD but CS solidified my admiration for him as an actor....with regards to pairing, i like KJH-SYR tandem and would love to see them in another drama again.

I'm loving him in Hong Gil Dong and I never knew he was also in 'Phoenix' now I'm rewatching that again. but I just love him in one of the interviews he had while filming Gil Dong. He is such a funny and honorable actor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loversixteen...hello and welcome to KJH thread...KJH was in phoenix? i didnt know that...did he play a cameo role there?

I don't think nationalism is that big of a reason.. For the people in the industry (executives) they are more concerned with making money because it is primarily a business to them. That is the nature of the industry in any country. However, yes Koreans on a personal aspect are very nationalistic. I don't think they feel like they conquered any country.. but yes they are proud their industry is popular in other countries... not just Japan. If you go to Korea.. it's not something on their minds nor do most people care very deeply that their dramas are popular in Japan.. everyone is just busy living their day to day lives mostly... like the way it is in any other country. I think some people exaggerate the extent of the Korean/Japan tension. Yes it exists.. but the normal native Korean is not really thinking about it.

Also with the spelling of Korea as "Corea" with a C. There is a reason for that. Long ago, maps in many other countries had it spelled "Corea". The United Nations also was in the process of initially spelling it "Corea". However Japan stepped in and changed it because they did not want their colony to be ahead of them in the alphabet. That is how Corea became Korea to the world officially.

Mariella...welcome to KJH thread...thanks for your insight.

fanarts

th_fde2ddde780adc4695ee372f.jpg th_c5ad19eab76664c1d539c9b0.jpg th_6462012e0466cb424ec22640.jpg th_98334b38af8bc13196ddd846.jpg th_7916c8031e3eeffe09fa93ee.jpg

th_07489cfb324b3d304e4aea47.jpg th_6974b13d045f8112bba1672d.jpg th_6336c836f67236230b55a9ee.jpg th_5725a0cf3164cd2ff8dc61aa.jpg th_357cd34f3859a524afc3abb1.jpg

th_6c076e09fbc0a4366b60fbab.jpg th_6bb20f3f00882bfe55e72328.jpg th_5e40f9ca074e5a54f31fe72f.jpg th_5d976ca7fa6e9887d0435846.jpg

Guest Hanjae

Thanks for the Jiji fix, ripgal :P I'm glad he was nominated for Capital Scandal so that he knows that people DID notice and appreciate the work he put into that drama, even though it got floored ratings-wise when it went up against War of Money. Let's hope he wins!

Hi Hannah, it'll be so nice if he can collaborate with Han Ji Min again, but I think chances are slim since K-dramas hardly have the same co-stars appearing in the same series. Well, let's not lose hope and wait for their partnership again in the near future. :D

Hey there Jink, thank you for the update. :) I've been busy as well. Not feeling so good today, I'll be back tomorrow, see you all tomorrow. :P

Feel better, Trish! Don't spend too much time working, gotta relax and get your drama fix too, haha.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's not too often that you'd see the actors/actresses co-starring in the same series more than once, it's such a shame. But then again, I was quite surprised when I saw Han Ji Min with Eric AND Uhm Tae Woong in Wolf together, so we can hope she has the same kind of fate with Kang Ji Hwan :D We Jiji shippers will have to keep our fingers crossed! *waves to thowysg*

I'm loving him in Hong Gil Dong and I never knew he was also in 'Phoenix' now I'm rewatching that again. but I just love him in one of the interviews he had while filming Gil Dong. He is such a funny and honorable actor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, was he seriously in Phoenix? I've got that series somewhere, but I've never noticed him in it before. Must've been because I was too busy staring at Lee Seo Jin the entire time to see anyone else appear. Was it a cameo? What episode(s)?

Guest garnet_yuna

hi i just finished watching the hong gil dong special and they mention that KJH uses 7 different types of cosmetic products. does anyone know what they are?

Guest kimjini
Guest hye091

hi hye! thanks for the pix...that one with "you will win" very nice... :D hello & welcome loversixteen...watch him in Capital Scandal..you'll swoon! :D

you are welcomed!! :)

hi i just finished watching the hong gil dong special and they mention that KJH uses 7 different types of cosmetic products. does anyone know what they are?

Hi, welcomed to jihwan thread :) enjoy your stay!!

hi, glad to see you in this thread :)

Jinkzz, thanks for the fanarts :)

Hi ripgal,baby1talk,hanjae and all !!! :)

Hi garnet-yuna...welcome to kjh thread...im sure he uses the usual stuff like eye

cream, day and night mosturizers, sunscreen, toner, anti-wrinkle cream, blemish remover, etc

hi kimjini...welcome back...thanks for the magazine scans

Jinkzz, thanks for the fanarts :)

youre welcome hye091...thanks for the Baeksang update.

here are the magazine scans for the links that kimjini provided

Asta TV magazine

January 2008 issue

th_img_229_1114_4.jpg th_img_229_1114_3.jpg th_img_229_1114_2.jpg th_img_229_1114_1.jpg th_img_229_1114_0.jpg

found this in Baidu...looks like there is going to be a desk calendar that is going to be released on May (?) but is limited only to 3000 copies...hope someone can translate the article:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=358689915 ===> Baidu

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=kangj...8030&page=1 ====> DC gall article

Guest s395299

He is such a talented actor and i have so much respect for him and i luv him too. He plays his characters so well...can't get enough of him...i really do hope he wins because he deserves it!

He is such a talented actor and i have so much respect for him and i luv him too. He plays his characters so well...can't get enough of him...i really do hope he wins because he deserves it!

s395299...hello and welcome to KJH thread...enjoy your stay

th_b_E4B79378BAE4B9555E5DBE510A8776D7.jpg th_b_C4ABEC531504AD1BB87ABCD824579AD1.jpg th_b_B859DA802B15AAA0B46B4445DE4B44F7.jpg th_b_619E064EFE4091DF8B80E771BF1E51BF.jpg th_b_1A19F0F41AF23ED915AD2A2A98620266.jpg

credit Baidu

Guest baby1talk

good early morning everyone...been busy the past 2 days and would prolly be busy for the next 2 weeks but will try to come by as often as i can.

fanarts

Aww, seems like many of us are busy these days. :(

Wow, those are really nice fanarts, Jink. Thanks for sharing. :)

Feel better, Trish! Don't spend too much time working, gotta relax and get your drama fix too, haha.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's not too often that you'd see the actors/actresses co-starring in the same series more than once, it's such a shame. But then again, I was quite surprised when I saw Han Ji Min with Eric AND Uhm Tae Woong in Wolf together, so we can hope she has the same kind of fate with Kang Ji Hwan :D We Jiji shippers will have to keep our fingers crossed! *waves to thowysg*

Wow, was he seriously in Phoenix? I've got that series somewhere, but I've never noticed him in it before. Must've been because I was too busy staring at Lee Seo Jin the entire time to see anyone else appear. Was it a cameo? What episode(s)?

Hahah, well, I tried not to work too much, but can't help it/ :) Yeah, HJM, Eric and UTW were in Wolf together, JHM was also in Resurrection with Uhm Tae Woong, and again she was in Korea Secret Agency with Eric. So many there's a slim chance she might collaborate with KJH again in the future.

I didn't know he was in Phoenix neither, I mean I never seen Phoenix before, is it an old series?

Guest hye091

Jinkzz, thanks for posting his pictures :) he looks great in thay style!! :w00t:

s395299, Glad to see you in this thread :)

Hi baby1talk,ripgal,thowsyg,deemei,dariav,sophia,betchay,oink and more!! have a nice day!!

He is in the drama Phoenix??I don't really recall seeing him in this drama..I guess i was too busying starirng that eric mun^hehehe^the series it's kidda old, erm around mid 2002 or so? I couldn't recall..

I am well again thanks for the wishes that you guys write for me. This past few weeks are the worst for me bcos i couldn't hardy lift my head up, that's how serious it was. Anyways, forget about the past i'm glad that i'm back in this thread...

hi hi to hye091,jinkzz, baby1talk,ripgal,thowsyg,dariav,sophia,betchay,oink and fellow new threaders in this thread!!!Have a nice day and stay healthy by drinking lot's of water yea!!

p/s- Oink, tell me about the hair...Hehehe, i'm curious to see his hair now..I guess we will b able to see his new hairstyle when he is in the baek sang award..WHen we do i think this hair isssue will be a ''HOT'' topic again to discuss here...^hehehe^

Plus i have a good news today, i just know that my local televisyen station are airing 90 days time to love..I'm so excited to see it but mostly it's chinese dubbed voice..So sad but i'm seriously curious what his voice will sound like in mandarin...^hehehe^

Guest baby1talk

He is in the drama Phoenix??I don't really recall seeing him in this drama..I guess i was too busying starirng that eric mun^hehehe^the series it's kidda old, erm around mid 2002 or so? I couldn't recall..

I am well again thanks for the wishes that you guys write for me. This past few weeks are the worst for me bcos i couldn't hardy lift my head up, that's how serious it was. Anyways, forget about the past i'm glad that i'm back in this thread...

hi hi to hye091,jinkzz, baby1talk,ripgal,thowsyg,dariav,sophia,betchay,oink and fellow new threaders in this thread!!!Have a nice day and stay healthy by drinking lot's of water yea!!

p/s- Oink, tell me about the hair...Hehehe, i'm curious to see his hair now..I guess we will b able to see his new hairstyle when he is in the baek sang award..WHen we do i think this hair isssue will be a ''HOT'' topic again to discuss here...^hehehe^

Plus i have a good news today, i just know that my local televisyen station are airing 90 days time to love..I'm so excited to see it but mostly it's chinese dubbed voice..So sad but i'm seriously curious what his voice will sound like in mandarin...^hehehe^

Hi Deemei, I'm so glad you feel better. Thanks for your advice, drinking more water is always good for the body. :)

Hahhaa, hopefully they will choose a nice voice to dub over his voice, but then again, no voice can sound better than his voice. :)

Archived