Chinese Help

Guest putasmileon

Guest ~*.:Yuki:.*~

What's wfl forums? http://wflforums.org/ is this the place? I'm not a member. I'm not a fan of w-inds or flame or lead btw :sweatingbullets: (someone is using my pics there? O_O)

我的另外一半是台灣人.

Opps, 我蛮确定是你的... 等一下我在去看看,网站现在不在线.别担心,也许我搞错了...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

我想要帮助你任何时间那我能够,它努力地在生活中早被在 married。但是你能够使其工作。但是我在 military 里的 remember 这样我在 thay 在船上时知道人的和离开他们的妻子。我希望他为了他的告诉你真理。它为我是困难的关于它跟你谈话 because 我 don't 想要你认为我刚刚尝试进入你裤子。我不!!我关于所有一切喜欢性会谈时间。这样我希望始终是一 friend!!!

My friend want's this deciphered :s.

That alone, is totally wrong in terms of sentence structure (a lot of it sounds like direct translation from English sayings such as (trying to get in your pants) so a lot of things are in reverse and don't make much sense.

Opps, 我蛮确定是你的... 等一下我在去看看,网站现在不在线.别担心,也许我搞错了...

請幫我看一看. 謝謝!

Holy crap I can't even read what AngeloDS typed up, much less point out grammatical structure error -_-

That just tells me I need to work harder :mellow:

Holy crap I can't even read what AngeloDS typed up, much less point out grammatical structure error -_-

That just tells me I need to work harder :mellow:

But if you translate it to English in the exact same order, you'll know this person is probably an English speaker and not a Chinese speaker. You know how in English the sentences are kind of in reverse versus Chinese where it's not.

For example, the first line....

我想要 = I want to 帮助你 = help you 任何时间 = whenever 那我能够 = I can.

I want to help you whenever I can.

...I could not read 7 of those words in the first line -_-

Another way you could tell they're not very proficient in chinese is the most basic "don't" used in context -_-

How do you practice reading/writing? Just continually write the same word over and over again until you get it in your head?

Another way you could tell they're not very proficient in chinese is the most basic "don't" used in context -_-

How do you practice reading/writing? Just continually write the same word over and over again until you get it in your head?

that was like this one girl in my class, she opened up the dictionary and did literally translations for her essay =S

writing the words over and was what I did when I was at Chinese school, I literally sit there and fill sheets of paper with the words I'm suppose to know by the day of dictation O__O I'm weird but I thought it was fun

but I think the best way is to watch TV and read newspapers, for me it's Taiwanese, TVB series and reading the newspaper because they are in Traditional Chinese (I can't read Simplified)

and in that way you will recognize the characters and your sentence structure is correct

Blah, I have to start learning chinese the REAL way.

Screw this english-chinese dictionary, where can you get full-chinese dictionaries -_-

Most of the North America sucks at teaching other languages cause everything is still based on english. Damn system.

That alone, is totally wrong in terms of sentence structure (a lot of it sounds like direct translation from English sayings such as (trying to get in your pants) so a lot of things are in reverse and don't make much sense.

:lol: who wrote that..that sounds completely off...the pants part craked me up

edit:

two cute saying/text messeages

我祝你狗年里, 百事可乐, 万事七喜, 心情雪碧, 学习芬达, 工作红牛, 生活如梦, 天天娃哈哈, 月月乐百事, 年年高乐高, 永远都醒目!

for those for been to any part of china should know most of these "drinks" XD can u name them?

happy new years!!

想你想你好想你,找个画家画下你,把你贴在杯子里,每天喝水亲亲你.

this is just so cute >.< aw..wish a guy would say this to me

Blah, I have to start learning chinese the REAL way.

Screw this english-chinese dictionary, where can you get full-chinese dictionaries -_-

Most of the North America sucks at teaching other languages cause everything is still based on english. Damn system.

North America is better at teaching languages than anywhere else (in upper education, not high schools) mostly because they have the best universities which of course attract the best teachers, and the system is open to changes and criticism. Prevalent monolingualism in America does not equal poor education, just laziness. Are you still in high school? Because at all universities the language classes are usually fully conducted in the target language, with separate lectures for grammar and vocab and such. Maybe Chinese schools in America are the problem?

You're right that word-pairing isn't a great way of learning, but there's nothing else for beginner's to do really. It's a good feeling to be at the level where you have to look words in a dictionary for the language because they don't have it in a X-English English-X one. For learning vocab I know alot of people use flashcards, or use mneumonic devices in order to remember the meaning of the character, etc..Try it sometime

omg lol

i can barely type in chinese

cause whenever i type the pinyin its always wrong

the character i want never pops out

lol

i just hate the way 那兒 sounds haha

its annoying, lol random i know

omg lol

i can barely type in chinese

cause whenever i type the pinyin its always wrong

the character i want never pops out

lol

i just hate the way 那兒 sounds haha

its annoying, lol random i know

Really? It's cute when Beijing people say it I think. People outside of Beijing trying to mimick it will sound a bit different and strange. It just flows natually with Beijing accented mandarin, that's all.

I like it.

Maybe you're typing pinyin wrong.

When I grew up in China, and when I had Chinese language class (语文课), we were assigned new vocab every day. We just wrote them out over and over and have quizes testing them. As for reading, reading a book that interests you is the best way to learn. It's always boring reading something you're not interested.

Just have to force yourself. Although motivation is very hard to get. ><

Guest trueloveway

^ i love the Beijing accent. i have this friend from Beijing who always says 哥儿们. i find it really cute, haha.

春节到了。。祝大家万事如意!

MUXU: lol, those phrases are really cute. even though i've been to China, i could only name like 2 drinks from that list >__<

EDIT: yeah, i remember in Chinese school, we had 听写 all the time. to learn the words beforehand, we'd write out the word heaps and heaps of times. we'd also come up with ways to put the new words into sentences and the teacher would correct it for us. this way you learn how to use it because although the sentence might sound alright to you, it might actually be in the wrong context.

Guest putasmileon

Yes, maybe it's just cause I'm in high school...

You can just take language classes at a community college and transfer those credits to high school.

i remember in Chinese school, we had 听写 all the time.

Same here, only we also had 默写 as well. It was really useful for getting the hang of things.

I remember reading a lot of 武侠小说 to brush up on my Chinese, and to improve my reading of 繁体字. It's a pretty useful method if you're interested in 武侠小说.

But honestly, if you're truly into a language, it will make things a lot easier, because you are genuinely interested and want to master it. People find learning a new language hard sometimes because they don't have enough motivation from within.

^ true true..u__u'' i want to learn japanese..but never got around to really learn it

if i can in the future..i would love to go and live in japan for a few years

Guest trueloveway

也没有啦.. 我不回中国就拿不到红包 -_- 真惨.

我有个朋友收到了$200+还敢问要. 好想教训教训他 >:/

Archived