Guest putasmileon

也没有啦.. 我不回中国就拿不到红包 -_- 真惨.

我有个朋友收到了$200+还敢问要. 好想教训教训他 >:/

那就叫做欠揍!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure: Ive got Pinyin IME but its pinyin for manderin and my mando is REALLY REALI bad...is there somewhere i can get pinyin for cantonese :huh:

I never actually thought there was pinyin for cantonese :lol:

I'm assuming the system is MUCH more difficult =/

你的朋友真不要脸!

I never actually thought there was pinyin for cantonese :lol:

I'm assuming the system is MUCH more difficult =/

I guess Rebeccat~ is asking about the romanisation of Cantonese? I'm not sure if there's a standard set of pinyin for Cantonese. :huh:

也没有啦.. 我不回中国就拿不到红包 -_- 真惨.

你的朋友真不要脸!

I guess Rebeccat~ is asking about the romanisation of Cantonese? I'm not sure if there's a standard set of pinyin for Cantonese. :huh:

Ya, people just make things up that sound like it. At least mandarin made a STANDARD :lol:

No more "xiao" = "shao" crap xD

It's like typing korean =/

You don't type in romanization if you want to type -_-

Unless there is a set korean romanization which I haven't heard of.

But really, I don't think typing in korean is that hard if you memorize the keyboard layout.

The text system is similar to english anyways with the set "letters" and "putting them together".

Guest putasmileon

Cantonese doesn't have a standard romanization system.. Jyutpung and Yale are used, but tones and such are extremely hard to use. The best thing to do is to use an IME pad. The reason is because most people don't know the tones.. natives even.

Guest cpx3s0ul

Cantonese doesn't have a standard romanization system.. Jyutpung and Yale are used, but tones and such are extremely hard to use. The best thing to do is to use an IME pad. The reason is because most people don't know the tones.. natives even.

haha yeah, and everyone has different ways of romanizing it too.

and the bad thing is if you dunno how to use the pad... well hahah =S

^plug it in...install if you have to...get the writing instrument, and then write out the character on the pad. The computer will put out the best matching results, and you chooose which one...

It's not that hard. You'll know once you use it.

And how many other ways are there to romanize pok gai?

Guest putasmileon

haha yeah, and everyone has different ways of romanizing it too.

and the bad thing is if you dunno how to use the pad... well hahah =S

Gei ma fan la.. deem gai yut yu yao gum dou mm tong gong fat...

Gei ma fan la.. deem gai yut yu yao gum dou mm tong gong fat...

Haha oh my gosh. Seriously, I wish that Cantonese really did have a proper 'pinyin' system because I didn't know what you meant by the bolded word :P I need to practice my Chinese writing again >___<

那就叫做欠揍!

哈哈..厉害!

我拿到红红的红包喔!! :P 虽然不是很多..可是比没有好吧..过了20可能就拿不到了..唉 -_-

去喝早茶时..看到好多服务生的口袋里都是红包..真好啊..个个都笑着个脸 :phew:

Haha oh my gosh. Seriously, I wish that Cantonese really did have a proper 'pinyin' system because I didn't know what you meant by the bolded word :P I need to practice my Chinese writing again >___<

I think s/he meant uh "yut yu" is cantonese(粤语)

I can't type chinese. I just copied and pasted that from the first post.

I quit chinese school when i was in third grade so ever since I watched a ton of tvb series/movies, look at the subs and then read some parts of the newspaper. I don't do that now. At chinese school (in some church)...we didn't get to learn pin yin -___-...

Guest putasmileon

I can't type chinese. I just copied and pasted that from the first post.

I quit chinese school when i was in third grade so ever since I watched a ton of tvb series/movies, look at the subs and then read some parts of the newspaper. I don't do that now. At chinese school (in some church)...we didn't get to learn pin yin -___-...

Haha smart. Yeah, that's what I wrote.

I thought she said 'yut' as in 'one' so i was wondering what the yu was :P silly me.

Guest trueloveway

那就叫做欠揍!

没错!

不过,这次我好心,饶了他.

( 他请我吃饭了 :P )

i wish i knew how to speak cantonese. i'm trying to learn but i always get told my pronounciation is way off :/

Guest putasmileon

I thought she said 'yut' as in 'one' so i was wondering what the yu was :P silly me.

ahem. he. :-P but yeah.. yeut/yut/yoot.. w/e proves how complicated romanizing cantonese is.

Archived