Shim Mina, The Bellydancing Queen

Guest UNee4Life

Guest UNee4Life

I knew it! :lol:, ok saw i was watchin one of your Mina videos, and I was reading the comments and then i read like some of the nicest things ever about Mina and then somehow U;nee was brought into the conversation so I was just like "hmm...where have I heard that before? and then I remembered it was you. haha

yeah you hear of so many like super famous people getting discovered just off the streets. i wish that happened for people over in America! I wanna be discovered! but instead you gotta go to all these auditions or be on American idol or do all this stuff. So i think i'll pass...

HAHAHA wow that's kewl how you figured it out hahaha, yeah I talk about U;Nee alot :blush: I try to defend Mina as much as I can lol but i'm glad people really like her too

YEAH they're never gunna have that in America, it's SO SAD! I really wish they were OPENMINDED like other countries

Mina's Answer the Phone music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYooXKY3p0c

:w00t:

WOW thank you for posting her music video, it's pretty amazing and everyone should watch it!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chakra'ca

hmm... is there any news about Mina at all? I feel at a loss right now, like there's nothing to discuss. it's quite sad actually. I wish she'd release something soon, but wasn't she goin to Europe or something? That's what I thought she did anyway. Well, I'm bored I guess I'm gonna go comment her myspace or something, since her and Jessica H.O. are the only two celebs who actually seem to respond...

Guest UNee4Life

hmm... is there any news about Mina at all? I feel at a loss right now, like there's nothing to discuss. it's quite sad actually. I wish she'd release something soon, but wasn't she goin to Europe or something? That's what I thought she did anyway. Well, I'm bored I guess I'm gonna go comment her myspace or something, since her and Jessica H.O. are the only two celebs who actually seem to respond...

I can never find anyhting new on her, I have no clue what she is doing now, the last news I had was when she went to U;Nee's funeral.

That's how it was with U;Nee too, I cvould NEVER find any information on her either, until she passed away. This is SO DUMB why is Mina so underrated, if she was like BoA or Hyori, there be like 20 topics about her house or whatever, I can't find anythhing I hope she does release something soon!

She already went to Europe, that's where she got her bellyndacing from and made her *kiss Kiss* music video and all but she came back. She went to the philippines too, but she's back from that too.

I kno! the celebs with myspaces neer respond lol, Kaila Yu only responded to 1 of my messeges haha, I was SHOCKED

Guest Chakra'ca

I can never find anyhting new on her, I have no clue what she is doing now, the last news I had was when she went to U;Nee's funeral.

That's how it was with U;Nee too, I cvould NEVER find any information on her either, until she passed away. This is SO DUMB why is Mina so underrated, if she was like BoA or Hyori, there be like 20 topics about her house or whatever, I can't find anythhing I hope she does release something soon!

She already went to Europe, that's where she got her bellyndacing from and made her *kiss Kiss* music video and all but she came back. She went to the philippines too, but she's back from that too.

I kno! the celebs with myspaces neer respond lol, Kaila Yu only responded to 1 of my messeges haha, I was SHOCKED

yeah i know and it sucks because most of my favorite celebrities that I actually care about are the ones who are really underrated and not over-exposed. Like I will never obsess over DBSK, Hyori, BoA, Suju, any Johnny's or H!P person because I can't stand it. And these are the artists who most likely have no originality and not much talent. God, it's so annoying, especially when there's a new thread of screencaps for each performance of the same friggin song every other day. oh and whenever a not so high-profile artist does something they must be copying *insert name here* because that artist came up with it and is the only one who can ever do anything remotely like it. I sware I can't read comments on anymore youtube videos because on every performance I watch some idiot goes "they're not as good as..." "____ did that first". god people are stupid

oh yeah now i remember. I liked that video a lot cuz I love seeing non-asians in music videos, it makes me feel less weird or like outsider-ish

haha, yeah I know. I'm always so surprised when I get a response. It's so exciting actually being able to talk to some of them :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UNee4Life

yeah i know and it sucks because most of my favorite celebrities that I actually care about are the ones who are really underrated and not over-exposed. Like I will never obsess over DBSK, Hyori, BoA, Suju, any Johnny's or H!P person because I can't stand it. And these are the artists who most likely have no originality and not much talent. God, it's so annoying, especially when there's a new thread of screencaps for each performance of the same friggin song every other day. oh and whenever a not so high-profile artist does something they must be copying *insert name here* because that artist came up with it and is the only one who can ever do anything remotely like it. I sware I can't read comments on anymore youtube videos because on every performance I watch some idiot goes "they're not as good as..." "____ did that first". god people are stupid

oh yeah now i remember. I liked that video a lot cuz I love seeing non-asians in music videos, it makes me feel less weird or like outsider-ish

haha, yeah I know. I'm always so surprised when I get a response. It's so exciting actually being able to talk to some of them :)

New update on 1st page

YEAH I HATE THAT!!!! like I used to like BoA during her *My Name* stage but not anymore she is SO BORING and her songs are so UNORIGINAL! I hate how my favorite singers are so UNDERRATED TOO and there's three billion picture threads about artists I can CARELESS about! they like even put pics of the LAST NAPKIN they used, or some other crap like that! People only like BoA and Hyori the same all the time! like BEST DANCER in KPOP they always say BOA and HYORI! have they ever seen BoA freestyle, and I saw Hyori freestyle against U;nee and Hyori just shakes her butt and THAT'S ALL! U;Nee and Mina are ON THE TOP OF THE LIST, but no one cares, they always pick their favorite singer for everything even if it's NOT TRUE!

I am concerned with Mina though. Bjunkyard.com said that her song will be almost exaclty like *Hyori - 10 Minutes* I hope it isn't or I hope it's the same but dufferent style or something because Mina is going to get ATTACKED LIKE NO OTHER if it's noticable she copyed from Hyori, I'm so excited for her NEW ALBUM though, it comes out in APRIL!!!! and she is in UNITED STATES right NOW OMG!!!

Mina must talk some decent english to have americans in her music videos and performances, right?!?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chakra'ca

New update on 1st page

YEAH I HATE THAT!!!! like I used to like BoA during her *My Name* stage but not anymore she is SO BORING and her songs are so UNORIGINAL! I hate how my favorite singers are so UNDERRATED TOO and there's three billion picture threads about artists I can CARELESS about! they like even put pics of the LAST NAPKIN they used, or some other crap like that! People only like BoA and Hyori the same all the time! like BEST DANCER in KPOP they always say BOA and HYORI! have they ever seen BoA freestyle, and I saw Hyori freestyle against U;nee and Hyori just shakes her butt and THAT'S ALL! U;Nee and Mina are ON THE TOP OF THE LIST, but no one cares, they always pick their favorite singer for everything even if it's NOT TRUE!

I am concerned with Mina though. Bjunkyard.com said that her song will be almost exaclty like *Hyori - 10 Minutes* I hope it isn't or I hope it's the same but dufferent style or something because Mina is going to get ATTACKED LIKE NO OTHER if it's noticable she copyed from Hyori, I'm so excited for her NEW ALBUM though, it comes out in APRIL!!!! and she is in UNITED STATES right NOW OMG!!!

Mina must talk some decent english to have americans in her music videos and performances, right?!?

Yeah I know, those dancer threads get on my nerves. BoA obviously can't freestyle cuz if she could she would've done it, even her commercials and little things like that are fully choreographed. They're just like little robots that are programmed by their labels, I guess that's why they are "manufactured" oh yeah and about her songs, they all sound the same, her japanese singles are pretty much crap. Hyori's stuff all sounds the same too. Same feux-hip hop beat, same "sexy" dance. Nothing changes

Oh I heard that too. I was kinda disappointed because I like her style in the last album. Maybe when they say it'll be like 10 minutes, they mean the concept. Like she can get any man she wants, not the dancing or sound.

Yeah, she obviously works very hard on her english skills, to be able to come to America and work with English speakers over here. cuz if she couldn't speak english, there wouldn't really be much of a point to coming here.

Guest UNee4Life

Yeah I know, those dancer threads get on my nerves. BoA obviously can't freestyle cuz if she could she would've done it, even her commercials and little things like that are fully choreographed. They're just like little robots that are programmed by their labels, I guess that's why they are "manufactured" oh yeah and about her songs, they all sound the same, her japanese singles are pretty much crap. Hyori's stuff all sounds the same too. Same feux-hip hop beat, same "sexy" dance. Nothing changes

Oh I heard that too. I was kinda disappointed because I like her style in the last album. Maybe when they say it'll be like 10 minutes, they mean the concept. Like she can get any man she wants, not the dancing or sound.

Yeah, she obviously works very hard on her english skills, to be able to come to America and work with English speakers over here. cuz if she couldn't speak english, there wouldn't really be much of a point to coming here.

I know, I really think people are too scared to adventure out in other singer's talents because BoA and Hyori are considered the NORM in what people like in KPOP! Don't get me wrong, I like Hyori's song, but to say Hyori and BoA are the best FREESTYLERS hahah just cracks me up! I saw a freestyle dance battle against HYORI and U;NEE and all Hyori did was shake her butt hahah it was really...funny/sad and U;NEE she was WORKING THE CROWED hha so much that she did her own little solo dance at the end, but Oh no, no one remembers amazing dance skills U;Nee has lol.

Yeah I loved her style in her 3rd album and in her single, manly the song *work it* lol...I really like her with the hip-hop/Arabic feel, it suites her voice very well. Well her POP songs are very well too hhaha she is amazing and VERSITAL! yeah I hope they just mean the LYRICS are like Hyori's because if the song beat and dance is kinda like hyori's too, MINA will get BASHED like NO OTHER!!! I'm really concerned, people will attack her left and right!

YEAH OH and I herd 3 other songs she sang in ENGLISH! but she only promoted those in Europe, they arn't on any of her albums or singles, kinda makes me mad!...I hope she sings at *HOLLYWOOD BOWL* this year!!! I would be so excited and definitly would go!!!!! too bad U;Nee won't perform

Guest Chakra'ca

YEAH OH and I herd 3 other songs she sang in ENGLISH! but she only promoted those in Europe, they arn't on any of her albums or singles, kinda makes me mad!...I hope she sings at *HOLLYWOOD BOWL* this year!!! I would be so excited and definitly would go!!!!! too bad U;Nee won't perform

Where did you hear them!? I wanna listen!

Do you know if she was successful at all in Europe? I knew she was there I just never heard anything about her activities there.

Hollywood Bowl would be cool, but I probably would never be able to see it. I live too far away :(

Guest UNee4Life

Where did you hear them!? I wanna listen!

Do you know if she was successful at all in Europe? I knew she was there I just never heard anything about her activities there.

Hollywood Bowl would be cool, but I probably would never be able to see it. I live too far away :(

well I thought I put the site on my favorites list, but....

I DIDN'T!!!

lol, sorry, all I know is they were REALLY GOOD SONGS lol with the ARABIC feel, kinda like her 3rd album kinda lol.

I was gunna buy the Mp3's because they were selling them, but when I came back home, it wasn't on my favorites so I couldn't

I have no clue if she was successfully, I can barely find any news on her AT ALL! EUrope, Philippines, china... all that she went to promoted her 3rd album and MORE but yet I can barely find any info. on either

Guest Chakra'ca

well I thought I put the site on my favorites list, but....

I DIDN'T!!!

lol, sorry, all I know is they were REALLY GOOD SONGS lol with the ARABIC feel, kinda like her 3rd album kinda lol.

I was gunna buy the Mp3's because they were selling them, but when I came back home, it wasn't on my favorites so I couldn't

I have no clue if she was successfully, I can barely find any news on her AT ALL! EUrope, Philippines, china... all that she went to promoted her 3rd album and MORE but yet I can barely find any info. on either

oh that's ok, maybe I should look for them. I always seem to have luck finding the most random stuff online.

I'm surprised that it's so hard to find info on her. It doesn't make sense to me. She's like the sexiest singer ever, best body, most beautiful, good music, she's got the whole package but no one cares to talk about her. There are hundreds of blogs and fansites dedicated to these real mediocre singers who either can't dance or can't sing, or can't do either of them, but it's hard to find news on the one actually worth watching. Weird...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UNee4Life

oh that's ok, maybe I should look for them. I always seem to have luck finding the most random stuff online.

I'm surprised that it's so hard to find info on her. It doesn't make sense to me. She's like the sexiest singer ever, best body, most beautiful, good music, she's got the whole package but no one cares to talk about her. There are hundreds of blogs and fansites dedicated to these real mediocre singers who either can't dance or can't sing, or can't do either of them, but it's hard to find news on the one actually worth watching. Weird...

YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I don't understand it either, maybe because a lot of people are jealous of her beauty? A lot of girls and whomeever can relate to a BoA or a Chae Yeon, but not many can relate to MINA because she is too UP THERE in the TALENT, personality, looks department and what people can't relate to, they hate instead of ADMIRE!

but from the looks of her self cam pics and everything, she seems VERY HAPPY with all her friends, and it seems she has a lot of friends, which makes me happy. I hope she isn't depressed

oh and I saw a clip of her at U;Nee's FUNERAL! I was so happy because they are my 2 most favorite korean singers and it's nice to know Mina cared enough to go to U;nee's funeral and MINA was CRYING like crazy! it really made me feel good that she cared. Well esspecially because people were saying how Mina and U;nee were rivals because of their similarities. I'm glad to see they werent!

Guest Mythra

OMG SHES RELEASING A NEW ALBUM THIS MONTH. Lexy and Mina releasing in the same month, this is so great. I been waiting for some new music from her ever since that fly high single, which I only like Work it off of there. I hope she doesn't make anymore bad music videos tho.

Guest UNee4Life

OMG SHES RELEASING A NEW ALBUM THIS MONTH. Lexy and Mina releasing in the same month, this is so great. I been waiting for some new music from her ever since that fly high single, which I only like Work it off of there. I hope she doesn't make anymore bad music videos tho.

Mina making bad music videos, no such thing?

well Turn and Ggoom Eun Ee Roo Uh Jin Da were very low quality lol

but Kiss Kiss, Fly High, and Korean Ariba, were great music videos!

yeah work it was amazing! so was Fly high, and korea Ariba. She has a lot more english songs that I found out about.

Belly Dancer

Hustle to Me (Wabba in English)

Shake Ya Boom Boom

her english is amazing

I can't waite till her comeback YAYAYAY!

Wow there seems to be a lot of artist bashing here. Don't get me wrong, I like both BoA and the "underrated" singers. But yea...I know how you guys feel. O.O

Anyway, I can't wait for Mina's comeback. I never really listened to her stuff until around U;nee's death because BoasBiatchLeo recommended her or at least talked about her a lot. I remember seeing a lot of pictures of Mina during the world cup days and I always wondered who she was. I really like her song Kiss Kiss. That's got to me my fav. I also like Turn (Funky Mix) feat. Eun Ji Won. I really don't want Mina's style to turn to Hyori's 10min. I like the more techno dance style like Kiss Kiss and U;nee's Go.

btw, BoasBiatchLeo, i dunno if u recognize me but i'm hypergrl09 on bjj forums. i made a couple of u;nee gifs for the u;nee fans in the u;nee perf dl thread u made in the temp forums =] just wanted to say hi hehe

EDIT

found some recent pics from her cyworld =]

Mina in LA

img68473406lg0.jpg

^the guy who directed(or something like that) for BEG's "My Humps" (he looks scaryO.O)

img78168832hq3.jpg

img78328832rc3.jpg

img82989478jc3.jpg

img83189478sb0.jpg

img83969478eu4.jpg

img84193052oc7.jpg

img84523052xo7.jpg

img84953052fl8.jpg

^look at them abs O.O

Guest Mythra

I loved her last album, but I'm sure she can't keep that overall style going and I don't think she would with the horrible album sales. Im so excited for new music from her. Her body is sick, she must work out like 24/7, the woman is gorgeous.

Guest UNee4Life

HAHAHAH!!!! Kiss Kiss was a good one? Oh lord. I thought that was the worst MV ever.

awwwe you have bad taste.....

Wow there seems to be a lot of artist bashing here. Don't get me wrong, I like both BoA and the "underrated" singers. But yea...I know how you guys feel. O.O

Anyway, I can't wait for Mina's comeback. I never really listened to her stuff until around U;nee's death because BoasBiatchLeo recommended her or at least talked about her a lot. I remember seeing a lot of pictures of Mina during the world cup days and I always wondered who she was. I really like her song Kiss Kiss. That's got to me my fav. I also like Turn (Funky Mix) feat. Eun Ji Won. I really don't want Mina's style to turn to Hyori's 10min. I like the more techno dance style like Kiss Kiss and U;nee's Go.

btw, BoasBiatchLeo, i dunno if u recognize me but i'm hypergrl09 on bjj forums. i made a couple of u;nee gifs for the u;nee fans in the u;nee perf dl thread u made in the temp forums =] just wanted to say hi hehe

EDIT

found some recent pics from her cyworld =]

Mina in LA

^look at them abs O.O

YEAH YEAH I remember you, your the amazing personh who made like 3 gifs of the perfect U;nee and now you converted to MINA. I'm so happy, your pretty amazing. You put all these pictures I've NEVER SEEN BEFORE! wow amazing! this is her recent wowowowow lOOK AT THOSE ABS WOW I'm so happy that she is FIT and not anorexic or obese. she is amazing! and yeah that guy is SCARY, he is lucky he is seen with such beauty. she muyst speak really good english now! I have a feeling she will be siccessful debute in AMERICA! I cna't waite till her COMEBACK!

ummm you don't know how happy you make me. All the news you have is AMAZING and all the pics gifs you give make me so happy! I go on her cyworld, but it wasn't updated for so long, I stopped going, but obviously she updated it!!!!! your the best!

I loved her last album, but I'm sure she can't keep that overall style going and I don't think she would with the horrible album sales. Im so excited for new music from her. Her body is sick, she must work out like 24/7, the woman is gorgeous.

well she changed her bellydancing style for her single. I don't think it was her style that gave her bad album sales, I think it was just the biased people and how they won't listen to her no matter how good she gets. They think, because she is sexy, her songs can't possibly be good. But her songs are the 2nd best in korea. Yeah her body is amazing, I can't waite to see what style she has to compliment her body this time.

[edit] um...I just looked at her cyworld, and please tell me why she is so amazing! hahaha she went to BIG LOTS and IHOP wow hahahaha wowowowoow BIG LOTS, Mina is so amazing. I saw clips of her in LA and MAN I wish I saw her :tears: I should have went there while she was here. I'd die if I saw her...OMG! OMG she looks so freakign AMAIZNG! ahhahah those pics are the best!!!!!!! I LOVE MINA!

Guest UNee4Life

^your welcome. I'll try to come to this thread more often as Mina is gonna make her comeback soon. =]

can't wait to hear new songs =]

woah Iwas just wondering.. how do you save the pictures people have on their cyworld?

I looked at Mina's Cyworld and at all her new pics and so many of them look AMAZING and I really want to save them...I don't know how.

I'm SO EXCITED! too bad I don't know when exactly her comeback is.....

Archived