Shim Mina, The Bellydancing Queen

Guest UNee4Life

Guest UNee4Life

I like Mina! before I knew she was a singer... I saw tons of pics of her during the world cup days hehehe :P and I thought she was pretty then.. and she's definitely HOT now.. especially for her age.. I wish I had her body. I love her performance during the dance battle.. btw.. what song did she sing in this clip?
I love it!!!

wow your a serious fan then! good, Mina is PERFECT lol. Oh that song is the 11th song on her 1st album rendezvous. It's in korean so I'm not sure how to write it lol...but yeah, if that helps

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chakra'ca

^ ok so that's why I didn't know it, her first album is the only one I don't have

Also, I was confused on something I was listening to her second album and I put artist name as Mina but that gave me a different artist, so I changed it to Shim Mina, but nothing came up, but when I put it as Shin Mina. I got her artist page, how come people use Shin Mina but this thread is Shim Mina?

Yay! A Mina thread. I don't own any of her albums, but I do like some of her songs. "Oh Oh..", "Waba", "Work It" and "Istanbul" are my favorite songs. Do anyone know who is the girl rapping in "Oh Oh.."? It sounds like Lexy.

Guest UNee4Life

^ ok so that's why I didn't know it, her first album is the only one I don't have

Also, I was confused on something I was listening to her second album and I put artist name as Mina but that gave me a different artist, so I changed it to Shim Mina, but nothing came up, but when I put it as Shin Mina. I got her artist page, how come people use Shin Mina but this thread is Shim Mina?

IT TOOK ME FOREVER to find that stupid 1st album! I finally got it on EBAY. Now I have every single album Mina came out with YAY! well about the *Shim* thing. Her official website is *ShimMina.com* so I assumed that SHIM is her real last name. Oh and on wikipedia I tyope in *SHIM Mina* and her page comes up but when I type in *Shin* it gets confused and doesn't work. Also I herd somewhere that Mina doesn't like when peopel mix up SHIN and SHIM cuz I guess it is done often.

Yay! A Mina thread. I don't own any of her albums, but I do like some of her songs. "Oh Oh..", "Waba", "Work It" and "Istanbul" are my favorite songs. Do anyone know who is the girl rapping in "Oh Oh.."? It sounds like Lexy.

AHHA oyu have to buy her albums! she has some of the most amazing pictures EVER in them. Her *kiss Kiss* album has the BEST PICTURES I've ever seen in any CD case. Yeah those songs are AMAZING! she always comes out with the BEST! oh and for the rapper in *Oh OH...* it says it in the booklet in the cd case but I don't know KOREAN so I have no clue what it says...if it's lexy would they write LEXY or the korean name for lexy? I love lexy too! I hope she comes out with another album!

um...it's called bellydancing. You obviously didn't see any link I posted in the first post. SHe moves her hips, her stomach, her chest, in as many ways as she wants. Beyonce, she does booty popping, Mina and Beyonce dancing COMPLETELY different dancing.

i saw the link...that's why i commented on her ''bellydancing''

uh...no she's not really bellydancing...yeah she does some of the key movements from belly danceing,but she was mainly just doing ''booty'' popping...and yes i did watch the clip..and for ur info, i bellydance and hula dance..and you cant just move your hips ''any way'' you want...lol..

i don't know how Beyonce got into this...but uh..yeah...lol

watch Nanna Canderlaira dance...she's not just moving ''as she wants'' there is a technique to it...not just spaztic shaking and shimmying to make the shingles move....

watch how controlled her movements are...that is bellydancing.

NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID.

Mina can definitely get to that level, seeing that she does already have some of the basic movements down and she....she just needs practice..thats all...

but i like mina.. atleast she's being herself and not trying to be like all the others out there who try to be all cutesy then the next minute sexy overkill..like skitzos....lol

Guest UNee4Life

i saw the link...that's why i commented on her ''bellydancing''

uh...no she's not really bellydancing...yeah she does some of the key movements from belly danceing,but she was mainly just doing ''booty'' popping...and yes i did watch the clip..and for ur info, i bellydance and hula dance..and you cant just move your hips ''any way'' you want...lol..

i don't know how Beyonce got into this...but uh..yeah...lol

watch Nanna Canderlaira dance...she's not just moving ''as she wants'' there is a technique to it...not just spaztic shaking and shimmying to make the shingles move....

watch how controlled her movements are...that is bellydancing.

NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID.

Mina can definitely get to that level, seeing that she does already have some of the basic movements down and she....she just needs practice..thats all...

but i like mina.. atleast she's being herself and not trying to be like all the others out there who try to be all cutesy then the next minute sexy overkill..like skitzos....lol

hmm well is there only one style of bellydancing, can't Mina throw her own little skills in as well? She does some of the EXACT same moves as NANNA, you just need to see a clearer version of her bellydancing. A closer/clearer version, and the performances she bellydancing in is incredible. She moves her hips and chest PERFECT! If Mina only knows basics then I definitly like the BASICS more than the REAL THING! Mina looks sexier doing it and she does it FASTER, NANNA doesn't look sexy and she goes slow, and her stomach...

yeah Mina is perfect and can pull anything off!

hmm well is there only one style of bellydancing, can't Mina throw her own little skills in as well? She does some of the EXACT same moves as NANNA, you just need to see a clearer version of her bellydancing. A closer/clearer version, and the performances she bellydancing in is incredible. She moves her hips and chest PERFECT! If Mina only knows basics then I definitly like the BASICS more than the REAL THING! Mina looks sexier doing it and she does it FASTER, NANNA doesn't look sexy and she goes slow, and her stomach...

yeah Mina is perfect and can pull anything off!

LOL she can go faster...that was for a showcase..... and her stomach is actually desirable for ''bellydancing''...

it actually started as a fertility dance that other women would do for each other...so having a lil ''pouch'' is a sign of being a woman and being fertile...

anywho..back to mina.

like i said, she can definitely become as good as Nana if she keeps doing what she is doing. she seems like she is her own woman and so i doubt that she will jump onto the next trend...

..lol @ ''Mina is perfect and can pull anything off!''

you're silly...

~

random question:

what would u do if you met her in person....like somewhere totally random...like the supermarket..in the toilet paper isle?! hahha

Guest mistresstigress

To me she has the prettiest face ever. <333 Her and unee (rest in peace) are the sexiest on stage in my opinion, and the best dancers though unee's flexibility is just beyond.

Guest UNee4Life

LOL she can go faster...that was for a showcase..... and her stomach is actually desirable for ''bellydancing''...

it actually started as a fertility dance that other women would do for each other...so having a lil ''pouch'' is a sign of being a woman and being fertile...

anywho..back to mina.

like i said, she can definitely become as good as Nana if she keeps doing what she is doing. she seems like she is her own woman and so i doubt that she will jump onto the next trend...

..lol @ ''Mina is perfect and can pull anything off!''

you're silly...

~

random question:

what would u do if you met her in person....like somewhere totally random...like the supermarket..in the toilet paper isle?! hahha

yeah I kind of assumed that it was desirable because all the actual bellydancers I've seen had that belly too.

well I don't know what id do if I saw her actually lol. i'd probably freak out and STARE for a long time with disbelief. I'd be excited, it'll be more funny if she was in the Lady Need's area and had a tampon in her hand! wow i'd probably laugh and look away till she puts it away and then i'll talk to her. I'd grab like anything there and any pen so she could sign it! I wonder if she speaks good english? her song *work it* os in all english, so she most know some, right? Maybe she'd come to Cali :blush: AHAHAHHAhH i'd be so excited, i don't think i'd jump on her :P but ALMOST, i'd thought about how i would have felt meeting U;Nee :tears: but I never will!!!!! :tears:

To me she has the prettiest face ever. <333 Her and unee (rest in peace) are the sexiest on stage in my opinion, and the best dancers though unee's flexibility is just beyond.

i kno her face is amazing! it's nice to see other people like her too. Yeah they both are :tears: U;Nee's flexibility was AMAZING she was double-jointed and she was the only singer i saw use her abilities to her advantage! i never seen anyone dance like her before :tears: but Mina comes close with her uniqueness... she's the last sexy performer :tears:

I have been thinking about buying Mina's "Vol.3 Kiss Kiss" album. I have only heard "Kiss Kiss", "Istanbul", "Oh Oh.." and "Waba", but I only like "Istanbul", "Oh Oh..." and "Waba". Are the rest of the songs on the album similar to the three songs I like, because I like those three songs alot. Wait, is the album heavily R&B influenced at all? If not, could someone recommend me any of her albums that are heavily R&B influenced.

Guest UNee4Life

I have been thinking about buying Mina's "Vol.3 Kiss Kiss" album. I have only heard "Kiss Kiss", "Istanbul", "Oh Oh.." and "Waba", but I only like "Istanbul", "Oh Oh..." and "Waba". Are the rest of the songs on the album similar to the three songs I like, because I like those three songs alot. Wait, is the album heavily R&B influenced at all? If not, could someone recommend me any of her albums that are heavily R&B influenced.

hmm well I think it's more HIPHOP/POP influenced lol

oh yea her album is MUCH like those 3 songs you like. *Kill Mr. Bond* is my favorite song on this ALBUM, it's amazing. *Kiss Kiss (remix) is very good too. This is my favorite album of Mina's anyways. I enjoy every SINGLE song lol, nOT KIDDING! it's a rare, but I do! I don't really know which one of her songs r more R&B because I don't really know what makes a song R&B lol.

Guest Chakra'ca

Please, where can I download her discography? I really like her songs.

if you go to jpopmusic.com and go to the rest of Asia thread, there is a topic with over 1200 links of kpop cds and they have mina's 2nd & 3rd cd but not her first and I think you have to register to use it

Guest jasmine_korea

I heard "kiss kiss" it's the remake of Tarkan's song "Simarik" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpJcuivFuow ).

Now i know why it had such a poor sells.

First of all they had to realise remaking such a songs with middle eastern- turkish beat is not easy when your gonna put another language on it specially korean and that song need a really strong voice, i as a persian i love those beats but i'm not sure if korean ppl will like it. at least not all.

yeah i mean she can dance hella good i like her body she is also good looking but the song wasn't for her really.

Guest UNee4Life

I heard "kiss kiss" it's the remake of Tarkan's song "Simarik" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpJcuivFuow ).

Now i know why it had such a poor sells.

First of all they had to realise remaking such a songs with middle eastern- turkish beat is not easy when your gonna put another language on it specially korean and that song need a really strong voice, i as a persian i love those beats but i'm not sure if korean ppl will like it. at least not all.

yeah i mean she can dance hella good i like her body she is also good looking but the song wasn't for her really.

I LOVED HER IN THAT SONG!

theres a Chinese and English remake too and I htink the KOREAN was the best! I even like it more than the actual TARKAN song. It sounds so much more UP BEAT and her voice is SEXY GOOD IN IT!

Guest UNee4Life

ey, can somebody upload her first album and her single?? Please!! >-< Thank you

YAAYAY ur obviously LOVE MINA... ME TOOO!!!!!! well I uploaded her 1st and single before but it was a long time ago lol,, I may do it again but I'm so LAZY these days lol! her SINGLE IS SO GOOD! her english is AMAZING!!! WOWOWOWO I love all three of those songs I wish they had an instrumental to Fly High and Work It

Archived