Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest Dreamss

^yeh you can.

nd .. i have a few questions...

uhmm well i just downloaded audacity, do i just use a microphone, since thats all i have. and plug it in my computer?

and..i dunno how to use it..can someone teach me how?

nd like...for the instrumentals/background music, do i just play it wen i sing, or do i have to put it in audacity or something?

lols..im pretty confused bout this >__<;

Guest d0rkifiedxl0ser

^

Yea. Just plug your microphone into the computer. Open up audicity. If you have an instrumental, go to "Project > Import Audio" or just press Ctrl+I. Then just press the record button. Hope that helped

Guest Dreamss

^ well i went to google like that person said, and i put down

download audacity, and then i pressed the first result. and yeh. you can download it from there, and its free.

uh..i pressed Ctrl + I

but ..it doesnt show up..:/ ..

does it only work for the beta version ?

cuz i downloadded another version i think?

Guest sassydork_.

I know this was asked many times but Im a lazy backlogger :x

how do you improve your headvoice? coz I really suck with it everytime I try high notes using my head voice I crack up and the notes gets soooo bad...thats why I use falcetto when I sing in high notes :x

any suggestions or tips how to improve it so I can use it for high notes instead of using falcetto?

Guest alicechan

Hello, I came here to ask a question about vocals.

I trained myself home for 4 years singing BoA songs. Yes, My voice is high as hers. My parents said I've got a very high voice that nobody can immitate or follow, But I kind of regret now... I want to have a strong and powerful vocals as Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, and Zhang Li Yin but I can't seem to sing those kind strong and powerful songs. It doesn't suit my voice. Can I get a stronger and powerful vocals by practicing?

^ I say definitely. (:

If you wanted to try then instead of training with Boa's techniques, attempt with one of the others. Since your already have a high voice, it shouldn't be a challenge to sing a Christina song until you meet the really high climax notes. I think practice would be the main focus along with working little by little as to not strain your voice and throat. Good luck. (:

Guest alicechan
^ I say definitely. (:

If you wanted to try then instead of training with Boa's techniques, attempt with one of the others. Since your already have a high voice, it shouldn't be a challenge to sing a Christina song until you meet the really high climax notes. I think practice would be the main focus along with working little by little as to not strain your voice and throat. Good luck. (:

Really? T_T

I practice for 2/3 months with Jang Ri In and my voice got a little strong, I think. But it haven't got strong as hers yet, I only got my adlibs flow correctly. Throughtout 4 years of practice I don't even know if I was training myself correctly. XD But I started off myself with JoJo (Leave (Get Out), Secret Love, Never Say Good-Bye) at the beginning and got my vibratto and then BoA. I was in a close level of getting a strong, powerful vocals as JoJo but I had moved on with BoA so. Thank you for answering my question, starforme. I'll practice as much as I could without straining my voice and throat. ^^

Guest angimun

whenever im recording with my mic and i say anything with the "p" sound in it, it sorta echos and amplifies out by itself and usually so much that it causes the recording to have a static sound.

it happens with the "b" sound too and some "t" sounds but "p" sounds are the most

is it my microphones problem? cus i have dropped it a few times...

Guest sungiebaby637
i downloaded the 1.3 beta version (unicode).

i dont kno where 2 click?

O-o? anywayz haha i'm lost..

and how they make instrumental with those songs that jus came out?

does anyone have any tips on how to overcome singing in front of people? my voice gets all shaky and everything, i crack, or the words might not even come out ;_;

...and why do some singers move their mouths along with their vibratos? l0l.

Guest flyaway01

i'm thinking about seriously buying a mic... finally (is this an oxymoron? hah)

still debating a little b/c that means i have to admit to my parents that i like to sing... and then sing in front of them... :mellow:

well, i don't care about perfect quality, just need a decent one.

i was wondering about frequency. most mics, even the cheapest ones have the ability to capture high pitches right??

i hope so. so that's my question. can they?

thinking about these

one two three

maybe four

also, should i trust the chinese models? :sweatingbullets: or go by a known name? will they break over time? not by maltreatment i mean...

thanks!

i think for mic always go for the name brands.. the other mic arent worth it for the value

specially chinese brand lol. all mic can do high pitch, but with a lot of distortion at cheaper levels

does anyone have any tips on how to overcome singing in front of people? my voice gets all shaky and everything, i crack, or the words might not even come out ;_;

...and why do some singers move their mouths along with their vibratos? l0l.

Well, when I use to sing in front of audiences, my voice would get so shaky and even my whole body would start trembling. (My face would eventually go all red and I sweat in front of people!) I think you're just nervous though. The 1st and 2nd time, stuff like this happens to me. The third time, I was so surprised that I wasn't even shaking. I guess you just have to get used to the certain feeling though of performing. I remembered I wasn't really thinking about anything. You have to clear your head and pretend like you're in a room by yourself. (I know everyone says this, but when you seriously put it into practice it really works) My mindset that day when I performed in school was.. "Psh.. Look at all these people. They haven't heard the real me yet. I'm going to show them what I can do!" <-- hahah.

Oh and about the vibrato..

They move their mouths to get a bigger vibrato effect. I mean some people can do it naturally and some can't. So therefore I'm guessing that's why they move their mouths.

Guest ginaaax3

Heyy I'm posting here because I want to know what programs can make instrumentals.

I recently , well today I downloaded Adobe Audition 1.5, and I was mkaing instrumentals,

But then I did something stupid, by changing the dATe on my computer and it said that the trial expired.

I tried so many things as in changing back the date and all but I can't really use that program anymore.

So does anybody know a good program that will work like that,

Or could somebody just send me Adobe Auditoin with the serial code? LOL. Thanks

Guest babiepooh

Hi hope someone can help me. I recorded my voice with audacity but when I play back what I recorded along with the song, I can barely hear myself. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? :sweatingbullets:

Guest AMIbunny

okay.. i plugged my mic in and set it to my computer and stuff..but wen i talk into it, it doesnt work.. o.0

and how do i record with AUDITION????? how do i make instrumentals ?? lol

i have trouble recording with instrumentals on audacity.... ahh..

the timing is off. when i play it.. my voice sings after the orginal beatssss