Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest Tic-Tac-Toe

Hi!! Well... I'm kinda new to audacity... So I need some help.... Especially on the editing and saving!! Like I don't know how to save it right... Like I want to post it somewhere but it wont work....

HELP!!

Edit!!

Nevermind!!

I figured it out!! ^^

Guest Tic-Tac-Toe

Okay! I have another question... hehe... How Do I edit.. So that it doesn't sound like I'm singing by a waterfall? Anyone? Help.... Me PLEASE!!! ^^

Guest kerorororo

My question:

If you sing, and your voice feels raspy [as in you can feel it, but the sound of it being raspy isn't heard] does that mean your voice is damaged?

And if you've damaged your voice, does that mean you won't be able to sing at all?

my voice sounds raspy when i sing too...>w< apparently it means that i have extra air or something? please~ someone help me get rid of it xD

^ you have to download LAME mp3 encoder...

you can find it on google easily.

it's like... less than a mb i think. if not, i know it's no more than like.. 3.

then all you have to do is click

file>>export as mp3

and theres going to be some kind of pop up saying you need lame

and if you have it downloaded, click "locate lame"

then that should do it. :)

Guest SMiiLE**

my voice sounds raspy when i sing too...>w< apparently it means that i have extra air or something? please~ someone help me get rid of it xD

same with me~

hahaha.

when i sing it sounds really like breathy????

hm...

yeah.

any help getting rid of it?

^ screw the ratings! they're not important use myspace instead if you're trying to promote yerself!

no no no no lollll~ i record myself and i put it on soundclick but i never shared my link anywhere so i am wondering~ i am #50 for something and i'm just wondering how is that chosen or psobbile or osmethinggg

edit//

see i checked again and it went up some numbers.

Guest ultaeja

I have a question!!! How do you get rid of singing through the nose??? Like, when I sing, I don't sound nosey, but whenever I say a word like "man" or "No' then it sounds so plugged? Do you just have to practice a lot for it to go away? O_O?

Guest raspberylotion22

no no no no lollll~ i record myself and i put it on soundclick but i never shared my link anywhere so i am wondering~ i am #50 for something and i'm just wondering how is that chosen or psobbile or osmethinggg

edit//

see i checked again and it went up some numbers.

i think it's the amount of listens your song has.

but since you didn't share your link w/ anyone, maybe....ppl just stumbled upon it? haha ^^

ok ill tell you guys what programs to use when recording with a crappy computer mic to a high quality mic.... what i use is a program called adobe audition 2.0 or cooledit... if your familiar with cool edit pro then its basically the same thing, adobe just bought it... simple.. open... put your mr in track 1... adjust volume, etc... and on track 2 record yourself.. if you want to edit just double click the vocals you recorded and it will take you to the edit window.. from there you can add reverb, remove odd noises, dynamic edits, etc..... and den mix it down after your done editing, panning watever and just save it to mp3.... it may take time to get the right effects to your vocal.. but its not that hard.. for singing you need more editing,effects done to get the right sound...... rapping is pretty simple, but there are times where 1 verse can take and hour just to make it sound right... but from what i see you guys have cheap mic to record so why all that trouble, just record blah blah and add your reverbs, remove odd harmonic noises, add some warmth to your voice, remove high notes, etc and your done.. you cant make cd quality but at least you can record....

i think it's the amount of listens your song has.

but since you didn't share your link w/ anyone, maybe....ppl just stumbled upon it? haha ^^

oh went up like 47. lemme check again LOL..

..... ok now it's like 43. so i'm just wondering why is that so.

i know ppl are rated like #1 or something but i wanna know how i got that number if i haven't even shared the link or anything o.o

Guest JungYunho<3

^ you have to download LAME mp3 encoder...

you can find it on google easily.

it's like... less than a mb i think. if not, i know it's no more than like.. 3.

then all you have to do is click

file>>export as mp3

and theres going to be some kind of pop up saying you need lame

and if you have it downloaded, click "locate lame"

then that should do it. :)

I tried that and it says "Can not open MP3 encording library." Or something like that!! Did it work for you?

Guest alicechan

i don't know if i should post my question here or not, but i have a couple of questions:

When did you guys start singing? i mean, i'm 14 now and is it too late to start learning to sing and to learn piano? like taking a music course?

cuz many ppl start since they were young...

and i was wondering where should i start??

how much does it cost per hour? (refering to the rate in US)

thanks... i hope i didn't post on the wrong section... if i did, i'm sorry.

I started to sing when I was 9 years-old. :) You know, It's never too late to do anything. I'm 13 this year and I'm going to be taking piano lessons.

I came here for some more questions. When I sing (especially singers with powerful vocals), My throat locks and gives out a forcing/fake-ish sound as if I'm forcing my voice. It doesn't sound natural from how I hear. Am I forcing it out or is it just coming out naturally? If it is naturally coming out, It so doesn't sound like it is. :blink: Hopefully, I'm not damaging my vocals doing this.

Guest mikez

oh went up like 47. lemme check again LOL..

..... ok now it's like 43. so i'm just wondering why is that so.

i know ppl are rated like #1 or something but i wanna know how i got that number if i haven't even shared the link or anything o.o

its rated based on the plays you have within a 24 hour time period. if you sit there and play your songs all day on soundclick you can advance to #1 too :P

but yeah thats how its rated, thats why sometimes on the charts they have pretty crappy people on there lol

Guest mikez

well by unique plays it means how many times someone clicked on lofi or hifi, so you can just play it yourself if you wanna

Guest juhjuh

From soundclick ^^

How are the charts compiled?

The most important factor are the unique song streams (song plays by different users). But we also count the hot/flop votes.

BTW, the numbers you see on your band statistics page are total plays. But for the charts we only count unique plays. Example: someone listens to your song 10 times in a row. On your band statistics you'll see all 10 plays, but for the charts only the first play is counted. The other plays are no longer 'unique' for that day.

Yesterday I had x more plays, but I lost places on the charts. How's that possible?

The numbers you see on your band statistics page are total plays. But for the charts we only count unique plays.

Example: someone listens to your song 10 times in a row. On your band statistics you'll see all 10 plays, but for the charts only the first play is counted. The other plays are no longer 'unique' for that day.

Guest thesweetestkrn

quick question

what is a good program for vocal cutting

that is free

gold wave and audacity arent working for me

anything else out there that i can use

PM me a link please

(free program also please)