Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest bishie_bashie

hihi

just recently started to practice my singins skills..

so i'm a noob at recording and that..

so.. what recording system do u use??

or recommend for me??

You could use:

- Goldwave

- Audacity

- Adobe Audition

- Cool Edit Pro (Similar to Adobe Audition)

- I know know those...

Personally, I like Cool Edit Pro / Adobe Audition. =]

Guest lovejoo

i use audacity.....

omg i just noticed i have a 'baby' voice too T_T"

----

does your voice sound cracky after singing just one full song?

my voice gets cracky T_T"

Cold water makes your vocal chords tighten because of the temperature, which causes like... the tissue to come closer together.. Think of ice and water... ice is solid because of the cold, but becomes freeflowing when it turns into water... I think that's one of the best comparisons I can think of... but it's not really 'bad' for you persay... it just doesn't help your voice very much if you drink a lot of cold water before singing.

And warm water/tea isn't good either because, like you said, it makes your throat dry. So the best thing to drink before singing is to just drink room temperature water, or warm-ish...not too warm, otherwise it'll start having the dry effect, but room temperature is best.

Here's something I found from a vocal coach:

"Drink room temperature water as often as you can to keep your voice organ hydrated. If you only have cold or hot water available, swish it around in your mouth for a moment. This action will keep your voice organ from being startled or stressed by different temperatures."

I hope that helps a little.. I'm not a professional so if you want more information, I suggest you go on an informative site.

Oh~ alright! I read somewhere that drinking tea might

help, but really, it doesn't lol. Thanks for the info xD It

makes sense to me now~ :D

Guest sungiebaby637

You could use:

- Goldwave

- Audacity

- Adobe Audition

- Cool Edit Pro (Similar to Adobe Audition)

- I know know those...

Personally, I like Cool Edit Pro / Adobe Audition. =]

have u use goldwave before?

This is a Goldwave question...

When I record, I listen to the music while I sing.

My Goldwave never used to do this but...it records the song playing...I don't know how to explain this clearly.

Like, it only records the song [extra loud] and not my voice.

How can I fix this?

Anyone?

I used an old mic i found lying around the house.. sounds so nice XD lol.

Anyways I was wondering...

I heard my voice recorded and I sound like I'm out of breath each time I start a verse..

Is it because I'm not drinking water ??

ahh quick question.. or maybe no so quick..

when i sing and play around,

i notice that there are a LOT of ways to sing?

like.. i dont know how to explain it.. lol

but if any of you guys know what im talking about,

what is the best or proper way to sing??

if anyone would mind typing that out.. ><;

okay... I use goldwave.

and if you listen to my new recording

you can listen to the mike

it adds a bit of echoish sound to everything

AND I HATE IT!!!! I think it's because it's a

sucky mike... but do you know if there is

any possible way to fix it up a bit?

Guest baybiifusion

This is a Goldwave question...

When I record, I listen to the music while I sing.

My Goldwave never used to do this but...it records the song playing...I don't know how to explain this clearly.

Like, it only records the song [extra loud] and not my voice.

How can I fix this?

goto control properties & click on the volume tab.

in your case, Stereo Mix has been checked.

Uncheck it & check Microphone.

it should work then.

Guest cluel3ss

help help x_x.... im really new at this... i just got cool edit pro... and i want to mix some melodies but dunno howwwwww

edit* does neone know how to use FL???

Guest mang0muncher

ahh quick question.. or maybe no so quick..

when i sing and play around,

i notice that there are a LOT of ways to sing?

like.. i dont know how to explain it.. lol

but if any of you guys know what im talking about,

what is the best or proper way to sing??

if anyone would mind typing that out.. ><;

um, ur probably singing using different resonances. theres chest voice, head voice, throat voice, falsetto bla bla. you usually sing in head voice for higher notes after u reach ur "break", chest voice is like ur normal speaking voice and is the easiest voice to sing in. you'lll usually sing with this voice..throat voice im not sure...and falsetto is either ur head voice or the voice between ur head voice and ur chest voice. if ur not sure heres how to check : sing a high note and feel ur head, if its vibrating then ur singing in head voice. feel ur chest when singing lower notes, if its vibrating then ur singing in chest voice. im not a pro singer or anything, but this is what ive been told. hope it helps :)

Guest angimun

is anyone willing to provide a tutorial for audacity? nothing too complicated just the basics \ :)

the thing most troubling is that the music is always louder than my voice and then ill put the mic really near but then its too loud

Play around with this thing.. Where the red arrow is.. That should change the volume of the background while the mic volume stays the same.. or if you want to change the volume of the mic you do the same thing with the other one. (with the pic of the mic.)

Lol im not too sure if it will work because I myself never used audacity before..

PLEASE HELP!

can i make my singing voice go higher/stronger with practice?

are people born with good singing voices, like, if you suck at singing, you will never be good, or is it like, although you're not very good at singing right now, with practice, you can become great?

just wondering...

and my other question is, is it just me or do you have to sing louder for your voice to go up? how loud do singers usually sing when they hit the high notes? do they all belt out the notes? can they hit the high notes without making their voices louder? i have to really try and belt to get the high notes (although my voice usually cracks) lol

i also find that i sound better if i sing along to a singer's voice and when i sing without any music, i dont have confidence to sing. what does that say about me?

ok, one last set of questions..how do you know which key is the right key for you? and how do you know which voice to sing in (out of the difference voices each person has, throat, head, whatever)..i realize that when i sing, i sound better in one voice verses another, but i cant find that voice all the time when i sing bc i dont know where that voice is coming from. also, do singers have bad/off days where their voice just doesnt sound good and isn't as strong/cant hit the high notes as their normal/good days?

I think that just says that you're not used to hearing yourself singing without music/another person's voice. Don't be afraid to listen to your voice alone. It'll help you find the depths in your voice--your qualities as well as whatever may need some tweaking.

hey I was just wondering if you suggest any good mikes for me.

Because my really sucks...

like which ones are good? The price... I don't really care

I just need something with good quality

and do you guys plug your mikes to the computer?

Or elsewhere?

I was thinking of a mike plugging to the computer

You know the little red hole in the back.

Where should I buy the mike you refer to?

Guest babiepooh

Hi can anyone tell me how to use adobe audition 2.0? :sweatingbullets: I tried looking in the beginning of the forum for tutorials but all the links are dead. Please help!