Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

This is a Goldwave question...

When I record, I listen to the music while I sing.

My Goldwave never used to do this but...it records the song playing...I don't know how to explain this clearly.

Like, it only records the song [extra loud] and not my voice.

How can I fix this?

i have the same problem!

Guest snowstar

i know that this question is soooooooo stupid but do you know how can i upload my song in soundclick i'm already register but dunno what to do next.

Guest angimun

why would anyone use the trial version when you could get the full version for free lol

OHHH can you also pm it to me too please?

oh, man.. i'm sorry, but i've only read up to page 13 in this thread, and i've seen how many people are fed up with repetitive questions, so i'm really, really sorry if they've been asked already. (you can throw eggs if they've already been asked ^^)

1. certain vowels bring me lots of grief when singing. when i use those vowels specifically to sing in scales, they're fine. But when I sing songs and the words in the songs contain that vowel, then it cracks and i just go "Rwarrr"... the vowel is... uh, i think "E" in english, but it's the "I" in either japanese, or... vocal excercises? (Na Ni Nu Ne No... the 'Ni') This only happens when the notes are high for the song. Then just as i "sing" the consonant sound, it cracks.

That happens to me too. I personally find the "E" sound easier to do than other sounds. Like in BoGoShipDa, most of the high parts are the 'E' sound like "meecheel" and "kee yuk ee" and are easier for me to do. I think it's cause it's easy to place the sound in your nasal area with E whereas its harder with other sounds like 'A'. I tried doing Footsteps by Emerald Castle (the song Jaejoong sang on X-man) and the lyrics make me belt it out which I suck at rather than doing it in my nasal area if you know what I mean. I could also use some tips....

And my main problem is I tend to stress and tighten my throat too much.. Tips?

Guest dankyung

i sound 'airy' when i sing a high note.

how can i make my high notes sound stronger?

sinec you're ussing your throat (falseto) voice it will sound airy. wat you can do is keep practicing singing high with that same voice and it will get stronger but not as powerful. or train yourself to sing high with your stomach voice. that's where all the power is. you should train yourself to go high with your stomach voice. ti's gonna be hella hard at first cause you can't control it but as time goes by it'll work. i did it with a kelly clarkson song. i sing it NO problem with my stomach.

hope i helped.

Guest I <3 SUNGMIN

sinec you're ussing your throat (falseto) voice it will sound airy. wat you can do is keep practicing singing high with that same voice and it will get stronger but not as powerful. or train yourself to sing high with your stomach voice. that's where all the power is. you should train yourself to go high with your stomach voice. ti's gonna be hella hard at first cause you can't control it but as time goes by it'll work. i did it with a kelly clarkson song. i sing it NO problem with my stomach.

hope i helped.

how can you not use your throat though?

so hold a high note...

but use your stomach?

Guest dankyung

how can you not use your throat though?

so hold a high note...

but use your stomach?

yu know how you sing low things and ti souns very powerful there? do the same exact thing but high. it's gonna be figgin hard to control at first but later as you keep doing it you will eventually be able to hit high notes with using your diaphram not your throat.

I don't know. Sometimes I sound tired, or childish, but I tend to sound better when I sing quieter. I figured that if I kept practicing singing loud, I would sound at least a little better. But in some songs, I sound ok loud and in some songs, I sound REALLY BAD loud. And the same thing for my low voice. So I'm guessing it depends on the song you're singing.

But I still need a lot of help. I wish I had a professional to help me~

Guest bishie_bashie

I think my question is sorta familiar.

I keep using my throat voice to sing a song, whether its high or low, its using my throat.

I dont know how to switch to Chest voice. Anyone knows?

@dark intuitions: thanks a bunch for answering! =D

to achieve a rounder "ee" sound, i usually drop my jaw and round the beginning with a soft "h" sound.... but with other consonants that require more articulation... well, that's when the note starts breaking and stuff. argh.

@` k s: i go off tune sometimes with the "a" sound too, but for me, if i concentrate on it really hard, then it doesnt go off. Usually, it's like... bathroom singing where I go off-key with "a" sounds. ^^ but then again, when i sing, i dont really have a strong voice. =(

Thanks so much for answering! i have some other questions as well... which are hopefully not too repetitive either. ^^ (..for some reason, it feels like i've spelt repetitive incorrectly... @___@)

1. When I sing songs, sometimes it's like... i sing the note, but it comes out a fraction of a second later. my voice is actually really weak, and so when that happens, the note--when it finally decides to come out--sounds really airy, and even has... a sorta scratchy-metallic sound to it... any tips?

2. and this one i'm SURE people have asked a lot... i've seen it on quite a few pages already (yet i'm still asking T___T). I'm really, really, really trying to achieve a stronger singing voice. Really. I can make the notes strong if it's in my chest voice or throat voice, but then the notes get high, and of course, there's the falsetto. *sigh* so i've tried even shouting the higher notes and forcing them into my throat voice. (I've tried not to damage them tooo much by drinking lots of water and warming up, and stuff...) and of course, with shouting, they come out reaaally loud. .......and my neighbours banged on the walls to tell me to shut up. LOL! Usually, my voice sounds kinda airy, but after singing/shouting loudly like that, and I resume my "normal" singing, my voice sounds more flexible and clear, without the problem above (#1). Well, how should I achieve louder, stronger singing without shouting? It doesnt hurt my throat, but it comes out really loudly. *sigh* I don't want to sing loudly, just strongly. When singers with strong voices sing, it sounds like they're always in their chest or throat voice....do they actually go up to their head voice?? [sorry for the loooong question. ^^]

(again, sorry for the repeated questions! =) I'm really thankful that people are willing to help!)

(Edit: reaaally off topic, but i heard there is/was a P.I.S.T. topic on soompi. I've been looking in pages of the korean celebs section, and i've gone back a good few pages, but i cant find it, and the search engine has been disabled. ^^ does anyone know where I can find it??)

Guest iloveyg

question: what program do you guys use to record? `cuz i just use sound recorder and it only let`s me record up to about one minute <_<. do i have to like download the program or something? can someone PM me the link please?

Guest koreangrlx

help help help.. X.X

I try recording something but this pops up . Your audio hardware cannot record into files like the current file. To record, create new document.

So I go to file new and the same thing happens when i click record. That popup comes up. Help please.

Guest disfunktional.

Hiii SOOMPI singers ^__^" I have a question. Like...what if your voice sounds sweet//clear//fine in real life but when you record you sound like..."Awkward" or "Deep" or...iunno bad?? Is that you or is that the microphone??