Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

do you guys know why GOLDWAVE isn't opening some of my files? They are MP3 files and I don't know why it's not opening. Everytime I try it just says

Could not open the file. Either the file does not exist or the format is not supported

do you know why?

...mine is red... it's right next to the speaker/headphone place near the usb on the side

btw... some laptops have built in mic so maybe you might not have a hole for it.. (they kinda suck though)

if you use cooledit pro/adobe audition

feel free to pm me with any question, ill try my best to help you since ive been using it for about 3 and a half years now lol

as for the other programs, i can probably try downloading and messing around to see how to work it, but usually cooleditpro/adobe audition is the best for recording since it can be use for simple or pretty advance purposes.

Guest sungiebaby637

do you guys know why GOLDWAVE isn't opening some of my files? They are MP3 files and I don't know why it's not opening. Everytime I try it just says

Could not open the file. Either the file does not exist or the format is not supported

do you know why?

well... i guess u have the old version of the goldwave

it did that 2 me too but then when i dl the new version

of it. it should work coz it works for me it should workds for you ^^

u trying to sing a song with it or wut? i'm not really good at usin goldwave >.<

coz i dont even ko how 2 do some settings and stuff i only use it 2 record haha!

hmm can anybody help me to find a song that is suitable for a person with low range of singing?

please and thank you =]

The only song I can think of is Junjin's Love Doesn't Come. His range isn't as high as the average Kpop singer and it's decently low (maybe a G or Am.. most Korean songs are in the B range).

Guest Random10034

Ah. Hello, kind of new.

Anyways I was just wondering what kind of software everyone has been using. It would be nice to include the type of mic as well.

:)

Edit: Never mind...I got GoldWave...I just don't know how to use it. Could someone send me a tutorial? It would be much appreciated!

hey everyone :) i was wondering do all the people that use AA/cool edit pro use the trial version or do they buy it? if they use the trial version what do they use after it expires?

Exactly what I was wondering :unsure:

why would anyone use the trial version when you could get the full version for free lol

Where can u get that? I've been looking all over the place :sweatingbullets:

use bittorrent

nvm that

ill see if i can pm you the crack for it lol

Thank you xINFINITY!!!

I can't express how much I appreciate ur help!

You are such an amazing person, superb at singing/mixing AND really nice. ^_^

Guest sungiebaby637

why would anyone use the trial version when you could get the full version for free lol

i never use that but i wanna try it hehe is it free 2 dl or u have 2 buy it?

Guest Random10034

HELP!!!!!

HELP!!!!!

I have noooo idea how to use Goldwave. Does anyone know a good tutorial?

Ehehe...if not then does anyone know how record vocals into an instrumental audio?

This is a Goldwave question...

When I record, I listen to the music while I sing.

My Goldwave never used to do this but...it records the song playing...I don't know how to explain this clearly.

Like, it only records the song [extra loud] and not my voice.

How can I fix this?

Guest faymui

oh, man.. i'm sorry, but i've only read up to page 13 in this thread, and i've seen how many people are fed up with repetitive questions, so i'm really, really sorry if they've been asked already. (you can throw eggs if they've already been asked ^^)

1. certain vowels bring me lots of grief when singing. when i use those vowels specifically to sing in scales, they're fine. But when I sing songs and the words in the songs contain that vowel, then it cracks and i just go "Rwarrr"... the vowel is... uh, i think "E" in english, but it's the "I" in either japanese, or... vocal excercises? (Na Ni Nu Ne No... the 'Ni') This only happens when the notes are high for the song. Then just as i "sing" the consonant sound, it cracks.

2. I tend to go flat on the same vowel as above. Are there any tips to help me stay on the note? When I sing scales on the note, it's fine, but... >_<

3. I have a feeling this one's been asked already, but the transition from your chest/throat voice to your head voice... mine is quite noticable. Because I want the song I'm singing to sound strong, I want to stay in throat voice for as long as possible, but as the notes go up, I switch to head voice. Not only does it suddenly sound much weaker, it's very, very noticable. What can I do to make that break smoother??

EDIT: again.. i'm sorry if these questions have been asked already ^^

Guest dark intuitions

faymui:

I think "eee" tends to be one of the harder vowels to sing up high, your throat constricts when you sing that sound, so when you go to sing up high, it's a lot more difficult. I suppose you could try to change it to a slightly more round sound by dropping your jaw when you sing it, but I'm not sure if that's proper technique...I guess because if you drop your jaw like you would for an "ahh" or "oh" sound, you open up your throat and the back of your mouth (soft palette) area and produces a fuller sound which is easier to sing up high...but that's just my guess. Same goes with the flatness on those sounds, plus, aim slightly above the note as though you're dropping down on it, instead of reaching up for it.

The bridge/break between chest and head--I think they say to blend it, so practice singing songs that might help you to blend the two voices, or doing scales.

And don't worry, I much prefer answering questions about singing as opposed to the 10 gazillion ones asking what programs to use and how to use them...at least this stuff you can't google. *rolls eyes*