Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

I have a question ^^;;

My music teacher tells mee to sing from my stomach not my throat how do i do that??

haha it's true! your music teacher is right! if you wanna try it what you wanna do is place your two feet a bit apart kinda like alined with your shoulders. After that stand up straight and tall with your chest high up, shoulders back. try breathing in and out, and you'll feel that your stomach would automatically blow up into a big balloon. and then exhale. DONT BREATH AND MOVE YOUR SHOULDERS because that won't work. So try that. When you see that your stomach is expanding like a balloon you know that you're breathing the right way. After that try that with singing it should work, your stomach would feel cool with your stomach inflating and then deflating haha =D

Guest bboyrushfive

how do u sing w/ your head voice?

are there any excercise that u can do so u can go from your chest voice to head voice easily?

lotta people get headvoice and falsetto mixed up

and its cuz they're REALLY similar

they're both the higher registers for voices

cept falsetto sounds more airy

and headvoice soudns more full, and you can actually feel it resonate in your head area

x_X;;

Guest i spell well

What brand/types of mics that are really good?

my price range is like 20-30$

Sorry, but that's really really low. A quality mic actually will start around 200$, but just try and go to a pawn/music shops and see if they have any used mics on sale. You might be able to get a good deal.

You can find okay-ish mics (just for computers, etc) for around 50$ new, or goodish used (but regular) mics this way. You can find a joiner to plug it into your comp or you could use a mixer. :P

Guest cutedorkable

oki a wuick question

i might sound werid asking but

how do someone make a demo cd?

can someone list qualities of a demo cd?

turn the music volume down in the recording program, or turn your mic volume up.

or turn your vocal volume up in your recording program

Sorry, but that's really really low. A quality mic actually will start around 200$, but just try and go to a pawn/music shops and see if they have any used mics on sale. You might be able to get a good deal.

You can find okay-ish mics (just for computers, etc) for around 50$ new, or goodish used (but regular) mics this way. You can find a joiner to plug it into your comp or you could use a mixer. :P

Actually, they asked for a good mic, not quality mic. For that price range, hmaster's been recommending the one that Sou uses. Behringer XM8500 I think? Something like that. It's around $20 if I'm not mistaken.

Guest 보석미남

How do I differentiate singing loudly/powerfully and shouting?

Why I go higher, I tend to sing louder (i try not to go into headvoice) but there are times when the notes are high and I try to reach it but I can't hear myself because I'm doing it too loudly! I think I was shouting but I don't know! :c

Guest sikkony

How do I differentiate singing loudly/powerfully and shouting?

Why I go higher, I tend to sing louder (i try not to go into headvoice) but there are times when the notes are high and I try to reach it but I can't hear myself because I'm doing it too loudly! I think I was shouting but I don't know! :c

I guess shouty is when your singing turns from pleasant to un-pleasant. Blasting is probably shouty too; an over amount of air supplied when singing in attempt to sing the notes wanted.

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere but theres 40 pages, I don't wanna look thru all of it and the seach thingy won't work.

Anyways, I use audacity but I'm wondering if theres a program that I can make my voice or someone's singing have that computerize effect. Kinda like metallic or whateverz, I don't know the name for it.

It would be sweet if anyone could help me, thanks.

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere but theres 40 pages, I don't wanna look thru all of it and the seach thingy won't work.

Anyways, I use audacity but I'm wondering if theres a program that I can make my voice or someone's singing have that computerize effect. Kinda like metallic or whateverz, I don't know the name for it.

It would be sweet if anyone could help me, thanks.

you mean vocoder? like those fake singing ish sound? i dont know how to do it but i think you need a special plug in for it, and something along the line of playing a melody on a keyboard or a midi file of the melody and sing along with the vocoder filter on and it will convert your voice to the same pitch and tune as the midi

oh thanks mike, didn't know that you needed to do all that haha, but still would like to know what program and where i can get it. i tried searching for vocoder with the winamp program but it brings up weird stuff. i dont have cooledit but maybe that will work.

yea i know theres a plug in for vocoder in cool edit you need to get for it to work

i dont know about anything else tho

this is a thread from the hiphop forum that im from, its a discussion about how to use vocoder, some of the people there explaining are real life producers so if you read thru it you might find something useful, its only like 2-3 pages read :)

http://www.aznraps.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89441

question:

i'm going to record my singing for an audition.

but i found people saying that when you record and listen over after you're done, your voice doesn't exactly sound like you. like it just sounds fuzzy or not clear enough, is that just what happens when you record?

i was going to record on video tape.

is there any difference when recording on something else?

-.- i've never recorded myself before.

does anyone know how to use fruity loops? i'm trying to learn how to use this thing, but i'm not exactly sure where to start and how to work it. >0<;; i need to start making my own music on the computer rather than on composition paper, but i need to know how to use fruity loops. O.O;;; anyone know any good tutorials site that explains how to use this with easy to understand details? xDDDDD would appreciate it a lot! thanks! :DDDDDDDDD

I kinda understand the difference b/w chest voice & head voice. so chest is louder (kinda like ur talking) and head voice is softer.

Christina Aguilera & Kelly Clarkson usually always since in their chest voice right? So how do they go sooooooooooooo extremely high in their chest voice? How do you practice that without damaging ur diapgram (?).

or do they do "falsetto"/head voice VERY VERY LOUD?

how do u sing high with ur chest voice w/o straining? i know practice helps but any tips?

also i know a lot of singers (not all) have gotten nose jobs... doesn't that affect your singing & voice?

there's also the diaphragm voice LOL where you use both the diaphragm, chest and your head..connecting them and making your voice sound good without hurting anywhere. if you use just chest you're gonna kill your vocal cords and lungs..if you use your head it's not gonna work either..all about the breathing your diaphragm.

Guest mooncake

Hi I have a question regarding using a microphone. I can actually sing into it but cannot hear my own voice coming out of the speakers. But during playback I can hear myself singing. Is it possible to make it so that I can hear my own voice while recording the song itself? Or is there something wrong I've done that caused this? I'm using Cool Edit Pro btw.

Thanks in advance!