Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

lol how to connect the mic into the comp... there should be 3 holes in the rear end of the comp. one for speaker, one for mic, and one for something else. sometimes it might be on the front if u use a certain old school mac/dell

the one with the mic icon above the hole should be the one u plug in.. if the plug is too big, then wow lucky you! :D

jk haha.. gotta lay off the corny jokes

most mics, other than computer mics, cannot directly plug into the comp, you need a adaptor thing, i dont know what its called, but its like a plug where u can plug the big end into it, and there should a smaller plug on the other side u can plug into the comp

just to go bestbuy or radioshack and ask them "if they have a mic adaptor for pluging mics into computer" thats what i asked to get myself one for my other mic

okay it took my like 5 reads to understand your joke... lol. im kinda retarted. jk. but i think your jokes are funny!

anyways, thanks so much for helping me with the whole mic situation im having. you're helping a bunch.

Guest dark intuitions

Thank you for clarifying the mic business! I've been afraid to go out and buy a decent one, because nothing I buy for my computer syncs without an adaptor -_-

So, singing question... okay, I'm cursed with a horrible immune system and respiratory difficulties. Nothing too big, but I catch colds quite frequently and my voice is, as always, the first to go. I also noticed that I can't hold in as much breath as everyone else I know. I used to think it was because I had allegies all year around and my nose was clogged all the time, but then I realized that I breathe in through my mouth when I sing anyway.

Does anyone have a tip for protecting my voice from cold? I heard people drink tea to soothe their voice sometimes, but I always hear that water is the best.

And any techniques or exercises you use to work on your breathing?

Mmm i've been told avoid coughing at all costs (and I've learnt my lesson too--no more coughing for me :sweatingbullets: ) Try breathing exercises (also used in meditation) where like you breathe in for three, hold for three, release for three while lying down, and then you gradually increase the number. Obviously you keep a constant count. It helped for me, then I stopped and it died after a while. Keep your chest and neck warm to stop catching colds, that might help a bit. And warm, not hot, water and honey is nice. (just because i don't like plain warm water)

Guest diamondsisters

I'm using a Sony FV07T Dynamic Microphone Mono and the sound is pretty clear, but I'm having trouble with the volume. When I record myself, the sound is very soft and really quiet, I can barely hear my voice. I checked the mic volume in the system and that is not the problem.

When I switch to another mic, it works fine (Normal Volume). Could it be the mic? And if it's not the mic and the computer instead, can anyone tell me how to fix it?

I use Audacity. If that helps.

Guest sikkony

I'm using a Sony FV07T Dynamic Microphone Mono and the sound is pretty clear, but I'm having trouble with the volume. When I record myself, the sound is very soft and really quiet, I can barely hear my voice. I checked the mic volume in the system and that is not the problem.

When I switch to another mic, it works fine (Normal Volume). Could it be the mic? And if it's not the mic and the computer instead, can anyone tell me how to fix it?

I use Audacity. If that helps.

Some more professional mics will require an amplifier to lift input.

EDIT: The mic that might be working fine at normal volume could be a computer condensor mic, hence why it inputs at good volume without amplification. My guess. I could be wrong.

Sony FV07T Dynamic Microphone means its most likely a dynamic mic... which means its not a condensor lol

condensor mic dont even work withwithout amp, u wont even hear a thing. usually any mic other than computer mics record at a low level, u have your amplify the vocals urself within the recording program. like normally my vocals are amped about 12db in my final mixdowns

Umm...lemme open audition and do it properly:

Options> Windows Recording Mixer> Select your microphone instead of stereo mix

Thanks =D I figured it out a couple of days ago hahaha. I felt pretty stupid -.- but thank you :D

i have a prob! =(

everything i try to record sth.

either norm windows recording or goldwave.

it says i have a recording gg on. when i dont.

any suggestions?

Guest dark intuitions

^ ulynn :sweatingbullets: say what? I'm not quite sure what you are asking...

sth=something, right?

gg...? As far as I know, that means "good game" hehe :mellow:

sth=something, right?

LOOOOOLL

you brought back memories of my online role playing game days

GG

Guest angimun

hey everyone :) i was wondering do all the people that use AA/cool edit pro use the trial version or do they buy it? if they use the trial version what do they use after it expires?

Guest sungiebaby637

hey i'm not sure if this is the right place 2 ask question but anywayz...

all i want 2 ask that can someone sing with me >.< i'm jus 2 shy 2 sing a

song by myself... >.< dont kno y hehe ^^

Guest dark intuitions

Hmm..

Well, if you ask any of the singers in their threads and let us know some of your stuff, I'm sure someone would be happy to teach you the basics of collab'ing. Otherwise, ask in the collab thread--heck, if you pm me back sometime and show me, I might be interested :D Don't be scared of us, we're nice people, really.

sth=something, right?

lol. yea sth = something.

i kinda got the prob solved. but when i play like the instrumental thru earphones,

it gets recorded too. =X

Guest ladeyxsuzie

okay so lets say your one of those starting out artist.. who just can't afford those WONDERFUL professional mics haha and has to deal with a cheap karaoke mic.. *cough like myself... is there a way to get rid of the hissing and the muffle? cause its driving me crazyy >.< any suggestion would be appreciated.. and i have a condenser foam thing on the microphone if that helps.. haha

Guest itrayya

^^ i know! i just got this karaoke mic... im scared its gonna suck... but.. that foamy thing did cross my mind...

anyways... my brother just order that adapter thing for me. 3.5mm adapter.

but... i dont know if this goes here....

but my laptop doesnt have a mic hole.

and im not a comp wiz so...

that can mean... i'll just use the earphone hole.... or... i get stare at the comp..

?????

it should have a mic hole....

but if it dont then youre out of luck lol, and no pluging it in a headphone hold would not make it work haha.

all the foam does is minimizes the puffing sound if you breath into the mic by accident, the hissing you have to remove manually when mixing