Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

there's also the diaphragm voice LOL where you use both the diaphragm, chest and your head..connecting them and making your voice sound good without hurting anywhere. if you use just chest you're gonna kill your vocal cords and lungs..if you use your head it's not gonna work either..all about the breathing your diaphragm.

how do u breathe from ur diagphragm? and how do u know when ur breathing from ur diagphram??? AHH SO CONFUSING. ehhee.

haha it's true! your music teacher is right! if you wanna try it what you wanna do is place your two feet a bit apart kinda like alined with your shoulders. After that stand up straight and tall with your chest high up, shoulders back. try breathing in and out, and you'll feel that your stomach would automatically blow up into a big balloon. and then exhale. DONT BREATH AND MOVE YOUR SHOULDERS because that won't work. So try that. When you see that your stomach is expanding like a balloon you know that you're breathing the right way. After that try that with singing it should work, your stomach would feel cool with your stomach inflating and then deflating haha =D

^from a previous post I taught another girl o_O..she says she's singing better lol..so ya..just use this breathing technique..apply it to your singing and it will work..there's more stuff but ya breathing is very important

^ oh yeah i saw that post but its still kinda confusing. like id ont know how to apply it. i'm more of a visual learner O_O

but i've been trying that so hopefully im doing it right :)

thanks!

but how can someone sing as high as kelly & christina? b/c not a lot of people can do that. but they can.. and they sing w/ their chest voice/diaghram.. lol.

training perhaps..but in the long run they're gonna hurt their chest and vocal cords with the way they are singing. If you look at all of the old stars they have problems with their vocal cords because they sing too much with their throat and chest. Wheesung also had vocal cord issues because of that. Ya they can sing high but not for long. If you really want a good range you have to sing through your diagphragm, connect it with your chest and vocal cords and make your notes high and float it with your head. It's really confusing I know -_- but ya. Check out Celine Dion and Barbara Streisand, they have one of the biggest ranges ever and it's because they've had really good training through the operatic way. Once you're trained through the operatic way and get it then you can basically sing anything.

I'm really not sure..about the nose? o_O..cause you're supposed to breath with your diaphragm and not through your nose..O_O..so I don't know why they need their nose fixed..unless it gets plugged all the time *shrugs* then maybe..I don't know much about the nose..LOL..cause since I'm singing my mouth is opened and that's how I breath from my diaphragm..

Guest River Angel Odin

I have a question about vibrato. What is the proper way to create it? I've developed some vibrato throughout my years of singing on my own, but it's never been controlled vibrato. I've tried to control it, but I'm having trouble. =/ I'd really love some tips on this!

Thanks in advance!

just keep on practicing and singing..vibratto comes naturally =) I used to never have one till I kept on practicing and now I have vibratto..=)

I got a question, my problem is that for some reason I sing at a low voice, but its not that I cant singer higher its because my comfortable range is in that "low" voice. So, is there any way I can sing "higher" or...will i just have to work with it?

Guest cmy_185

I don't know if it has to do with this but I was tone-deaf and I practiced a lot for a whole year to fix it and now I'm finally singing like an average person. Before this, I couldn't even hum in tune.

I could practice and practice to fix my tone-deafness but I don't know what to do with this.

I have a huge problem when I'm singing with music & if I don't sing with music, my tempo will be VERY messed up. Actually, it's still messed up when I sing with music. I can NEVER get the tempo right. It's always slower and is very inconsistent. I wouldn't know if I've made them mistakes unless I play back what I've recorded (sounds horrible btw).

When I sing with music, I don't know when to start/end and I'd be so caught up with it that my pitch will be everywhere. I'd sing soft and then loud and soft high low strong weak. ARGH. It's just very very very very messed up.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Does practicing 1000000 times help? because afaik it's NOT WORKING. :(

Guest lshluvr

I got a question, my problem is that for some reason I sing at a low voice, but its not that I cant singer higher its because my comfortable range is in that "low" voice. So, is there any way I can sing "higher" or...will i just have to work with it?

Just keep doing scales..or if that's boring..do what I did XD Sing high songs XD But don't push yourself too hard..

Guest flyaway01

I don't know if it has to do with this but I was tone-deaf and I practiced a lot for a whole year to fix it and now I'm finally singing like an average person. Before this, I couldn't even hum in tune.

I could practice and practice to fix my tone-deafness but I don't know what to do with this.

I have a huge problem when I'm singing with music & if I don't sing with music, my tempo will be VERY messed up. Actually, it's still messed up when I sing with music. I can NEVER get the tempo right. It's always slower and is very inconsistent. I wouldn't know if I've made them mistakes unless I play back what I've recorded (sounds horrible btw).

When I sing with music, I don't know when to start/end and I'd be so caught up with it that my pitch will be everywhere. I'd sing soft and then loud and soft high low strong weak. ARGH. It's just very very very very messed up.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Does practicing 1000000 times help? because afaik it's NOT WORKING. :(

yeah practice 1000000 times ^^ singing is the same as any other instrument, it needs practice and different practicing methods, try doing scales (w/ piano) with a loud voice working on the pitch too.. if you know how to read music, try singing/playing the music,... or listen to the song carefully and don't sing along... try to feel the tempo of the song b/c it will always be constant, you just have to adjust to be with the same one.. something called internal rhythm... listen to professional singers and their different styles and methods and learn how they do it and imitate... then find your own voice. think about it, really good singers practiced for years! just like really good musicians practiced for years... get comfortable w/ your voice and practice everyday w/ different techniques. perhaps singing different intervals, or going from low volume to high, practice certain rhythms like triplets and other.. yeah.. i'm not really a singer :sweatingbullets: heh, but i play an instrument so i understand music.. i hope i helped

hmm, I think I read somewhere that if you want to learn how to sing in pitch you would have to do scales, but is that how you learn to sing in pitch? I can do scales just fine but pitch is a little bit of a problem. :blink:

Ok.. i dont know if ill get any answers..

there r so many pages -_-

is there any program there u can make the MUSIC.. becouse i would like to create own songs ^^ i dont know if thats possible..

thanks

bye!

Guest snoozinhen

^ yeah download audacity. it's free and pretty simple to use. My only problem is finding the instrumentals since you can't just take the voices out like other programs.

I have a quick singing question tho. How you do have more support? A lot of my feedback has been that my singing is really thin... are therer any techniques u can recommend to have more "support"?

Guest bishie_bashie

Really sorry if this has been repeated as well.

Does any of you know of a good microphone to record songs? (model, etc)

Thanks!

edit./

New page!!