Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest sikkony

Try changing the mic volume, you can do so by clicking that speaker icon on the bottom right. If Microphone isn't there, go to Properties and check it.

That cracking noise is probably because you're clipping, it's when you get too loud for the mic to handle and yeah...

Oh yeah why didn't that come into my mind (the clipping part)..... cos I'm noob XD

Guest xingjing

Okay. I just wanted to say I noticed something that is a major boo-boo with almost eveybody. I'm not pertaining to anybody in particular, but, yeah.

Anyways. What is it with people stressing like words? The problem is that they over-stress some words, meaning they hold that word/phrase/whatever for too long and it usually messes up the rhythm. Also, sometimes it's not MEANT to be overstressed. Meaning it doesn't sound too good if you do so!

So. Just wanted to say, people should stop overstressing.

Just kind of got on my nerves.

Uhhh... Regarding my 1st question, I hope I'm not asking it in the wrong thread....

But anyway, my question is, how to rip a karaoke audio from a karaoke vcd/dvd...

Cos no matter how I tried to rip the audio.. it's always with vocals... not the karaoke version~

Anyone can help me please? I need the karaoke audio.. ><

And... I know this have been asked lotsa time!...

How to do a sweeet pleasant vocal cut using GoldWave?

I tried wad's taught here and there... But the original vocals still pretty loud...

Please help moi and thanks in advance! :)

^ I need to know the same thing about the karaoke vcd xD

On the vocal cut, you just have to experiment. Some songs just can't be v/ced nicely because of how they're mixed.

Guest VictorGalaxy

Guys, I've a new question:

How to sing/harmoized the others? like...I heard people singing karaoke, and then another guy harmonized the main voice...I want to sing the harmonization too...but how? Any tips?

Guest falling U P

Typically, what program do you normally use when singing/recording? I've been using Goldwave for the longest times but just recently my freetrial died on me and so I'm in dire need of a recording/mixing program asap! Any tips or recommendations? Please give me all you got!

i dunno if this question has already been discussed...

do u kno wuts a good recording program i could download? i hav a mic and stuff, but nothing to record on... -___-;; thnkz

edit+++

whoa i juss realized ^ dat person asked almost the same question... hahaa

ok. this is going to sound very amature basic and ....weird [?] but im curious. ^^; ermm what is a "program" are you refering to a recording studio thing, or a program on the computer? how much are they?..like the cost, and which ones do you recommend? [a lot of ppl asked that. sry.]

is there a way to record your voice in the comp with just using a mike?

thanks and sorry for being very...slow and stupid.

ermm just a recomondation, but what if you put up links or do something like a "faq" sorta thing? i think it ll be easier for everyone. ^^ thanks again.

Guest ah-yi

ok. this is going to sound very amature basic and ....weird [?] but im curious. ^^; ermm what is a "program" are you refering to a recording studio thing, or a program on the computer? how much are they?..like the cost, and which ones do you recommend? [a lot of ppl asked that. sry.]

ermm just a recomondation, but what if you put up links or do something like a "faq" sorta thing? i think it ll be easier for everyone. ^^ thanks again.

Cooledit (Adobe Audition). That should answer the other similar questions too. Cost? Go check www.adobe.com.

Guest memefluzit

@rai rai

yeah, I dont' know what is middle voice :P

BTW, I can see that a lot of people asking how to develop vibratto...and here is what I did to reach vibratto:

-3 years ago, I want to develop vibratto. So I try to surf the net and find in, formation about vibratto. There are two ways to do it:

a) Somebody say that when you try to sing a note for long...at the end, when you are like "running out of breath" then it automatically "vibrate" a little bit.

b ) try to sing two notes that are one after the other and switch back and forward...faster and faster and then you reach vibratto....

I THINK for a) is a BAD method, I heard someone say it's not good for your vocal chord. But i used method a) for like 1-2 years. but it wasn't working well...I developed an not controlled "fake" vibratto.

But during last year,I use a method...I choose a pitch that is most comfortable for me. Then I sing that pitch and try to end that pitch with vibratto...and eventually I get it with a mixed method of a)

Now, I have a steady vibratto(almost perfect control). I think the key is...you must choose a pitch that is the most comfortable for you. then try to reach vibratto for that note.

on this....

i learned vibrato from playing the flute, and i use almost the same thing for voice.

first there's the "french" way (wtf go figure):

first sing a note, one you're comfortable with. then push on your stomach with a rhythm. if you notice, your voice...vibratos. it's teaching your muscles to push to make that thick vibrato sound. now, try doing the same thing without pushing your stomach. it takes a while to get this to sound strong but it's good and thick.

with the throat:

um. i'm bad at explaining this. they way i learned this, i made small waves with my vocal chords. wow, that makes no sense. but then i listened to songs with girls that had heavy vibrato. just doing that made my voice vibrato. kind of like listening to someone with a certain type of voice makes you talk that way?

gah~ i hope this helped.

Guest eumsung

this is kind of off topic... but do you singers ever get annoyed that BoA uses falsetto when she goes up high? i kind of think it's cheating... not really but... like, other singers don't need falsetto to reach high notes and they're the really good singers... BoA isn't a soprano perhaps a mezzo soprano and I think she can only reach like a high D or E whereas Bada and Ock Ju Hyun and Gumi etc can reach high Gs...

I love BoA but sometimes her dependance of falsetto itches me

Guest sikkony

this is kind of off topic... but do you singers ever get annoyed that BoA uses falsetto when she goes up high? i kind of think it's cheating... not really but... like, other singers don't need falsetto to reach high notes and they're the really good singers... BoA isn't a soprano perhaps a mezzo soprano and I think she can only reach like a high D or E whereas Bada and Ock Ju Hyun and Gumi etc can reach high Gs...

Yes I noticed this too. She's an inconsistent singer (although she's one of my favourite singers). Notice her full voice singing is really loud and strong though, so I guess when she wants to sing high but soft, she has to force herself to sing in pure headvoice. She doesn't use falsetto that much (but then everyone's perception of falsetto is different; I guess her headvoice is 'falsetto' to some). She can sing in full, but it's really loud and definitely not ballad like LOL. When she sings and has that yawning nasal kinda tone, that's her full voice there on her high notes (I believe).

What program do i need to use to record? I want to sing but i have no idea where to start. thanks.

Hmm, scroll up and read a few post up.

I think it depends more on whether it sounds good or not. Some ppl can sing in full really high but it makes me want to plug my ears because it's just ugly and too much. BoA's falsetto is really well trained so she can switch into head voice really smoothly and it sounds very pretty. <--that's as much talent as just singing it in full because a lot of people have problems easily transitioning into head voice.

I've felt that way with BoA as well. I think without meaning to, she's influenced others to inflate the beauty of headvoice.

Sony Acid can do a lot with mixing. Unfortunately, I'm not even an amateur, so I can't do much with it. ): I use it for recording anyway. aha

A program refers to a DAW (digital audio workstation) or a more amateur recording program that is available as software. Costs from free to a LOT of money.

You can get some trials --- goldwave and such. You can search on google for free recording programs.

Some professional ones include ProTools, Reason, Cubase, etc. but they're good for different things you want to do and quite expensive if you're just an amateur with no idea how to do anything.

There is the voice recorder program on your computer that is the most basic recording you can do.

Guest eumsung

i agree BoA sounds good when she uses her head voice and falsetto guys.. and it's from all her training but doesn't that mean that other people aka me and you can get that good too like.. recording artist standard? whereas other singers have God given talent that no one can copy.. i think i can sing BoA's songs fairly easily but Gumi or Park hwa yo bi i have to sing in head voice and that sounds weak..

thanks for replying guys.. now i know i'm not the only one

Guest alicechan

I'm here to ask some few questions, I've learn alot singing from BoA reaching high notes, using virabtto ect..But it seems like my voice is getting to sound a little similars like hers now, I don't really like that either. It's like immitating own singers voice.. But when i sing diffrent female songs i sound diffrent. My voice sounds to weak, shaky,lacking and baby-ish when i song BoA songs but when i sing other songs it comes out clear and older (do i even make sence? lol) Especially when i sing mostly like Lee Soo Young or CSJH songs i start to sound diffrent my high notes goes up in high way (higher than i mostly sing BoA songs), Does anyone know what is wrong? I don't even know if i really make sence here.

--JENNY

Guest VictorGalaxy

since nobody answer...I'm going to ask again :P

Is there anybody who know how to sing in harmony? like harmonizing the main theme etc...