"Hey, you have a dimple there when you smile! that 's so cool!"

I smiled for the rest of the day wub.gif

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ayumi

^Aw, that's so sweet!

Rather than a compliment, it was when my boyfriend told me how to differentiate him from his identical twin brother. I liked it because it means a lot to him that I don't confuse the two of them (which I'm ashamed to say I'm guilty of doing).

Guest kiss_bunny

so me and the guy i like, sometimes, we're like physically affectionate with eachother cuz we're really close friends.

HOWEVER, we're not verbally affectionate with eachother. We don't really say we miss eachother or this or that. But we'll say other stuff to imply it.

So i was asked "what time are you coming over tomorrow?" and he was like "my boss said i might have to come in early at 11am =( =( so i don't know if we'll we able to hang out tomorrow before work =(". And i was like awwww what that really sucks!!!!!! =(

and then he was like "wanna hang out at 8 or 9?". And i'm like, "okie =] wow you wake up that early? =P" "and he was like "loll i will for you =P". >.<

And i know it seems childish but we don't really say stuff like that to eachother XD We'll compliment eachother, call eachother hot, pretty, wahtever, but we don't say stuff liek i miss you, i'll do this for you blah blah things like that. So when he said that, i didn't know how to react XD So i was just like "whatever!! XD!! we;ll see if you actually wake up =P"

A girl friend told me this once (she's popular and uber pretty):

"You know, you could be like us. With some make up, different clothes, you could be one of us. But what's it worth? We are all the same. Clones. And you are different. And I admire you for daring to be different."

It was probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

• 2 months later...
Guest lets_rockie_it

this one night sitting in my boyfriend's car like always, having one of our very many serious talk.

came across the topic of when we first started talking and then i stopped talking to him for a whole month because of my family

and he said to me that night while in the car that he thought he lost me forever, but when i came back around and we started talking again he said he was gonna tried his hardest to do his best to never loose me again, that he is afraid to loose me.

that just made me teared up. .... "-.- i miss him already....

• 1 month later...

Awwww~ These make my heart warm up!!

Oh oh! I have one xD 

Back in around April, I began walking. Yup, walking around the block 8 times [that's around a mile] and since then I became the walking girl. 

And there’s a bar on the corner of my street, so some people hang out there. One time, I was walking, with my headphones on, and some lady that I see around the bar stopped me, while she was in her car.

She says, “Can I ask you a question?” Here, I’m thinking “Omigod. I don’t know the directions to anywhere and HOLYCRAP what if she tries to kidnap me.” And then she asks me “Why do you walk? I see you doing it all the time.” 

I was dumfounded, I mean, what was I supposed to say? And I reply, “I just do it.” 

And then she says to me, “Well, I hope you’re not doing it to lose weight. You’re beautiful!” And I seriously almost broke down into tears. 

Me and my mom aren’t close, and I don’t have any close friends. So that was the first time some told me that and I felt like they were saying it genuinely. It was really really awesome, I was speechless for a few seconds after that. 

And then about a month later, she stops me and tells me that she’s walking around the block where she lives too and she’s trying to stop coming to the bar, and she only came to tell me that. I truly felt great after that, I mean, I felt like I had truly changed that woman’s life for the better. It was honestly the best feeling in the world. 

Guest hiswendy

On the topic of marriage, he said:

"Hypothetically speaking, if you are going to propose to me, please don't get me a ring. Get me a watch instead, so I can always countdown the minutes until I can leave work and come home to you."

=)

I countered it with, "Or it can mean that you'll always countdown the minutes until you can go to work and finally be rid of me for the day." Hahaha.

Last night my boyfriend and I were speaking on the phone to talk through a problem and he told me "I just want to be with you". That calmed me down quite a bit and really showed me how much we're willing to keep fighting to continue to work on us being able to move into an apartment together.

Guest starber

This happened with my ex awhile back ^^

Me: Why do you keep looking at me like that XD (I noticed he kept starring at me)

Him: Well...it's just that you look really cute today.

Guest PinkWaffles

I think it's the sweetest when children give compliments:

1. "You're so tall!"  (It's because you're so small.)

2. "You're so smart! (It's because I've been in school 15+ years more.)

3. "You're so pretty! (Only because you make me smile.)

Kids are awesome<3 ^__^

I was talking to my ex once . . he had never really been a good boyfriend. He had never made me feel. . . loved. However, while we were talking (we'd recently become on good terms again), he said "You're beautiful. And I've always wanted to say that; it's just I was stupid before." I started crying haha.

Guest daniikittie

"Sharing a bathroom with a girl is gross! I mean, I share one with my sister so I have to take the hair out of the drain every once in a while. It's the worst! But you know what? When we have our own house someday, I'll take the hair out of the shower drain for you. I would do that for you." :wub:

Guest cheerydumdum

i was talking to my best friend about how scared i was of failing and not getting through the nursing program, and he told me, "u always pull thru in the end" and i just started tearing up. it just sounded so genuine and different from the usual "you can do it!" that other people say. it meant a lot coming from someone who's not all sweet and cheesy that often.

My best friend is moving back to Asia soon, and we were having an conversation about it.

Him: "Of course, when I go back there, I'm going to make it big. When I do, I'll take you to Thailand and pick you up at the airport with an elephant."

Me: *smiling* "okay, If you're going to take me to Thailand, then I also want to try those fried bugs and those fresh durian on the streets, and then throw the shell at people to see if it hurts" (jokingly, of course)

Him: *chuckling* "Alright, If it makes you happy, then I'm happy."

Another good friend: "I'm so proud of you. You are such an amazing girl, and you're so tall, and pretty too"

These may not sound that sweet, but they remind me of how great my friends are =]

Guest Ryuzaki101

QUOTE(iammrsLee @ Mar 6 2006, 04:16 PM)

하늘이 아름다운 이유는 별이 있기 때문이고

땅이 아름다운 이유는 꽃이 있기 때문이고

내 인생이 아름다운 이유는 당신이 있기 때문입니다.

my bf said that to me ^ ^

i don't get it. i remember you saying you weren't korean... and he said that to you? unless you can understand it then what's the point.

its called a translation??? don't sass someones romantic moment thats meanDx

Guest snow_animal

I was going on a late night run for cupcakes with my crush.

Me: I'm bothering you, you should be studying...

-stops the car and looks at me-

Him: You know, I'd do anything for you.

:D <-- me cheesing out like an idiot lol

Archived