Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

@LyraYoo, thanks for sharing ! :) I'm happy he wrote this message, this is very like him. I guess he had a hard time finding the words and maybe from @jade715 shared (thansk by the way !) the fans who went to meet him and treat him like they usually do reassured him a bit. It is also wise to wait a few days that the "hot news" die down and talk while everybody had time to calm down. Still feeling a bit sad he feels the need to apologize but hoping it serves at least to calm down the haters by showing he is considerate of everybody. 
I guess he has a heavy heart but like some of you mentioned, he is not new to this industry and has now the maturity to handle those things and not being too distraught about it.

• Like 14

I read some comments on his apology article and then I wished I didn't do it. Gosh, they gave me a negative energy. I mean, what are these people?!! Are they really his fans or some haters found it as a chance to bash on him like this??!!

I really prefer him to stay away from all those social media even fan meetings and Instagram.. fans like them don't deserve such efforts he is doing for them. Aiiiii, my heart breaks for him.

• Like 11

@oyashirazu @missmaudy 

You two have said all that needs to be said.I am so boiling in anger.For the sake of PR or non fans, since they may not have studied his personality enough, or not really paid attention to his interviews, or the fans of the other parties associated with this so am happy that he has made this move so the dust can settle and that only shows his maturity.But really I am boiling with anger with the fact that he had to do this to make an apology like this to his "FANS"!!!!. I don't even have the words to describe how disappointed I am.Even actors who have committed crimes have a unified fanbase than this! even if it's wrong but you can appreciate their unity unlike what we have seen today.

They are NOT fans.I repeat they were NEVER fans to begin with.They don't deserve him and they are not needed in his/our fanbase.Like Yoo Ah In said people who thrive on manipulation and living their fantasies on other people are bad news.No one needs people like that regardless of money, popularity or furthering his career.He doesn't need people like that for him to succeed.

End rant!!! 

Now I will just wait for his FM so we can see him even though I'm so far away and focus on what criminal minds will bring us.

• Like 14

Btw there's something that us, international fans didn't know, but for hardcore long term Joon's fans in korea, i understand how they hurt and dissappointed. one of the problem is not about he lie or appear in MEC, but they really disappointed with Hye Bin 's image. For korean people who have a conservative mind, u can understand why the oppose it. In Korea, JG have a "noble" and "clean" image as a public figure, and K-netizen is really a judge people, i have see many actor /  idol, their career has been destroyed by their "past". Korean really concern about "image". so the fans really scare if her image can give negative effect to  his work and image too

• Like 2

I think the biggest group who are disappointed and voicing their disappointment are the folks who have been pushing a relationship between Joon and IU. They are frustrated.  It's true that the two looked great together but it appears that by the time she came along Joon already had lost his heart.   I'm sorry for anyone hurt by this outcome but our dear IU will find someone. 

As to dear Joon and his love.  I am happy for him.  This is hardly a major blow to his career. While I was not aware of him longer than the last year and a half, the rumors he was gay and the rumors he was cold and rude to the press seemed far worse and those died as well. 

Joon is hurt and disappointed that things were exposed the way they were so we need to support and continue sending him our good wishes.

I think these two have a lot in common. I found this vid and given her moves she could dance with our Joon and keep him on his toes!

Spoiler

• Like 12

Lee Jun Ki officially apologizes for the late reveal of his relationship with Jeon Hye Bin

By KpopJoA
Spoiler

lee-jun-ki,jeon-hye-bin

Actor Lee Jun Ki spoke up for the first time since going public with actress Jeon Hye Bin, officially apologizing for the late reveal as well as the halt in tvN's 'My Ear's Candy 2.'

On April 10, Lee Jun Ki wrote on his fan page with the title, "To my dear family." He left a message expressing his, "sincere apology for the sudden dating announcement."

In the letter, he said, "My heart feels very heavy just thinking about everyone's shocking and confused state.  Though it is a bit late, I would like to present my true feelings."

Onto his relationship with Jeon Hye Bin, Lee Jun Ki mentioned, "I had felt a different emotion after meeting with her on the drama set and I needed some time to straighten out my thoughts.  That friend was someone who understood and comforted me a lot who happened to be a bright and warm person."

He continued, "Since we began to meet in secret, I pondered on how to tell everyone.  Though I wanted to wait for the right moment to tell my family it didn't quite turn out that way, which breaks my heart," sending his deep message of apology to his dedicated fans.

Lee Jun Ki went on to comment on tvN's 'My Ear's Candy 2', "I also feel a tremendous amount of responsibility in terms of my appearance on the variety program.  I would like to sincerely apologize to all the fans and viewers who showed much love and support."

Lastly, the actor stated, "I will do my best to respond to everyone's love and support with great works in the future.":thumbsup:

Meanwhile, Lee Jun Ki and Jeon Hye Bin announced their relationship on April 4, after more than 2 years of dating rumors.

Allkpop

======================

Spoiler

C9EpP-4WAAA9dfJ.jpg

===================

Lee Joon Gi Posts Apology Over Dating News And Variety Show Controversy

lee-joon-gi.jpg

Lee Joon Gi has posted an apology for the controversy regarding his dating news with Jeon Hye Bin.

Earlier, he was criticized by some for not being genuine on the variety program “My Ear’s Candy,” in which he appeared to be romantically interested in another actress.

On April 10, he posted an apology on his fan cafe with the title, “For my dear family.”

Below is the full letter:

“This is Joon Gi.

“Firstly, I’m very sorry to be relaying my thoughts to you so late. I wanted to pay you back for your trust and your time with me by only showing you good sides of myself, but to think that this family would have been shocked and confused at this sudden situation, my heart was very heavy. Although this might seem out of the blue, I wanted to relay to you my genuine feelings.

“Since it was very foreign to me to feel another emotion towards a colleague that I met through a project, it took me a while to realize what my emotions were. She is a bright and warm person who understands a lot about me. Because we were being careful with the dating, I wasn’t sure how to tell you. I wish I could have told you in a better way at a better time, but things didn’t work out the way I wanted, so I’m very sorry. I’m sorry… and thank you so much for cheering me on and worrying for me.

“As for my behavior on the recent variety show appearance, I feel very responsible. I would like to apologize to those who have given me so much love and everyone involved.

“In the future, I’d like to make up for it by showing you more genuine and careful actions. And I will try harder to give back the love and trust I got from you with good acting.

“I hope that you’re not sad and tired because of me. I hope you have a good night and I hope every day is filled with happiness.

“Thank you always, and thank you again.”

Source (1)Soompi

==============

Lee Joon-gi's statement about his relationship with Jeon Hye-bin

2017/04/10

photo837997.jpg

Actor Lee Joon-gi apologized for the issue he caused and came out with a statement for the first time since the scandal with Jeon Hye-bin broke out.

He posted a letter on his fan café on the 10th; "I am truly sorry it took me this long to say something".

"My heart was heavy the whole time to think that everyone might have been confused about all of this. I don't know if it will make sense, but I would like to explain myself here".

"We met as co-workers and it wasn't easy feeling what I felt for her when we met. She understood me, related to be and she is a warm person. We were very careful about our relationship so we didn't know how to start. We wished we were able to tell our families in a better way when the timing was right, but it didn't work that way. For that, I would like to apologize to our families".

"I also feel responsible for the issue regarding the recent TV show. I am sorry I disappointed those who put their faith in me".

"I hope to compensate for this with more responsible actions in the future. I want to show everyone better things through my work and I'll work hard".

Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin's scandal broke out on April 4th. They admitted rumors were true and they'd been seeing each other since early 2016. They had a lot in common and fell for each other but they weren't sure about themselves until later.

However, Lee Joon-gi appeared on a TV show called "Candy In My Ears 2" which made it seem like he was single. Although it's just a TV show, he should have had respect for his viewers and that's what caused the criticism.

The following is the post by Lee Joon-gi on his fan café:

"It's Joon-gi...

I am truly sorry it took me this long to say something.

My heart was heavy the whole time to think that everyone might have been confused about all this. I don't know if it will make sense, but I would like to explain myself here.

We met as co-workers and it wasn't easy feeling what I felt for her when we met. She understood me, related to be and she is a warm person. We were very careful about our relationship so we didn't know how to start. We wished we were able to tell our families in a better way when the timing was right, but it didn't work that way. For that, I would like to apologize to our families.

I also feel responsible for the issue regarding the recent TV show. I am sorry I disappointed those who put their faith in me.

I hope to compensate for this with more responsible actions in the future. I want to show everyone better things through my work and I'll work hard.

I hope my family doesn't suffer anything because of me. I hope everyone doesn't get upset.

Everyone have sweet dreams and I hope your days are full of happiness.

Thank you".

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl.../Hancinema

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Fragile Geegee said:

I read some comments on his apology article and then I wished I didn't do it. Gosh, they gave me a negative energy. I mean, what are these people?!! Are they really his fans or some haters found it as a chance to bash on him like this??!!

WORD!  It's so hard to navigate around online right now without running into all these richard simmons reactions. Deal with your outrage people. Open your mind. We are talking about grown adults here. And a heavily edited TV show. I'm simmering along with @violina and find this all so ridiculous.  Let's move on! 

The one part of Joon Gi's letter that I :wub:

She is a bright and warm hearted person who understands a lot of things of me and empathises me.

THIS!!!  Makes me happy. :D  You go Hye Bin!  Love our Joon Gi! :heart:

And @minmar, that dance video?  Geez,  I now have a fangirl crush on her!  She can match and even beat LJG in Sexy Back.  LJG and JHB...come do a fan meet in America and you both can dance to that song.  We won't have ANY problem with it!   It makes me giddy thinking he found someone as fun & sexy & warm as he seems to be.  I going to have to rewatch Joseon Gunman again for their parts...because I do remember thinking his tension with her was pretty good and I wanted him to end up with her in the drama!  Yes, IU is beautiful and talented but I never saw her with him because she didn't match his energy.  

I will be sad richard simmons if this issue makes JG fully reign in his fun, flirty, fanservice behaviors.  I know many are asking him to do so....I am NOT one of them. I wish you could BE WHO YOU WANT! 

And I will miss @luvkstyle.  

• Like 13

He didn't break my heart when he confirms the relationship, but he broke my heart when he apologized. :bawling: why r u apologizing when you have done nothing wrong! It hurts to think of how we must have hurt you for you to penn this letter. I'm getting angry.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

@violina

And @minmar  

I will be sad richard simmons if this issue makes JG fully reign in his fun, flirty, fanservice behaviors.  I know many are asking him to do so....I am NOT one of them. I wish you could BE WHO YOU WANT@luvkstyle.  

Yap I agree.But nah I don't think he can even if he wanted to.:lol:Thats an aspect of his personality. The guy is extroverted.Even pre military 2005-2009 when he was finding his feet in the k-entertainment,when he was a bit withdrawn than he is now.There were still hints of that side of him coming through in talk shows at FM, guest appearances in variety shows, interviews with reporters. Everytime he interact with people he will always be fun and flirty.He just doesn't fit the cold, mysterious cool image these other actors have.He has too much energy.He has also been master of fan service from day one.Even when he got in mini controversies before, even when there were strange rumors about him, even when sunbae scolded him to calm down at film set.He will only sit down for 10 mins and start messing around with everyone.Maybe he might reduce it but give it a few months, he will be back to square one(or I hope he does).

4 hours ago, minmar said:

It's true that the two looked great together but it appears that by the time she came along Joon already had lost his heart.   I'm sorry for anyone hurt by this outcome but our dear IU will find someone. 

I agree with your observations and everything you have said.But what these people seem to be forgetting is that, IU at the time of filming all the way to the time they visited each others fanmeet.She was in a public relationship with JKH or at least the public perceived that she belonged to someone else.If we follow the time of these two's respective relationships(JG and IU).IU was the one who started dating earlier so it's a combination of "he already lost his heart when she came along" and "she was already ahead of the dating field, by the time he came along and dating foundation would have been weak."

Anyway that said, I agree they looked good together and had great chemistry.IU is very beautiful and talented and lovely woman.I know there are many worthy of her who are already lining up and dying to pursue her.I wish her well in everything.I pray that love will find her some day.

Phew it's been a long week, I hope we can all get along and put this behind us.

• Like 14

LOL lo siento. The sheer ridiculousness of KEnt. Like my friend said, you would think he killed someone accidentally or you know drove drunk or beat women. I always try to picture celebrities when they write their apologies for dating . Like the eyeroll and the cursing as they have to explain themselves. Someone clearly did him dirty because they were annoyed with him by outing them at the wrong time. The sheer hypocrisy when no one said anything about his skinship with Milla. Didn't she even kiss his cheek or something? I swear if they ruined my future romcom with PMY, ill go Spartans in Seoul! LOL Anyway, I'll stop. I'm not getting into this dark road again.hehehe

LJG, just focus on your work and they'll forget that nonsense and praise you for your acting. You didn't do anything wrong. I hope he doesn't lose his liveliness on the set. Like MCW making a joke, and he doesn't respond in fear of delulu shipping lol The funny thing is my favorite pairing of his is still Sato and Arang ( emphasis on the characters not the ACTORS). *shrugs*

Still need my character's synopsis, dear CM producers!! Pali Pali! Patience is not my virtue!

• Like 13

Hi chingus!

I've been reading and lurking this thread for months now happily reading thoughts and news from co JG fans. :) thank you for giving me company and making me enjoy my fangirling more for our beloved JG. :3

This my first time to post something. I guess what made me react and post is the apology statement recently released. :'( For me it's totally not needed.

I shipped JG and PMY hard when I watched Candy. Who wouldnt? They where so cute! but when the dating announcement happened I ddnt get mad. I was so happy with the news! Being famous has it's consequences. Its hard to date and find someone that will jive with you. And so what if they hid their relationship for 2 years? It's much better to take time finding out if they are sure with each other than admit it earlier then break-up. That I think will be a bigger 'scandal'. And I place ' ' on the word scandal because I still can't understand why dating someone at age of 34 is a scandal. (Taking drugs, selling them or killing someone IS A BiGGER and MORE LEGIT SCANDAL!) Choosing to make his love life private is not a scandal, people! I literally laughed hard when I saw some comments on some news and thread that they pity PMY for being 'played on'. Wth. How did they know how PMY REALLY feel? Lol. And can we please not make PMY look like a fragile damsel here? :( She's old enough and I think even smart enough not to be fooled. And why are other people bashing JHB? How do they REALLY know she's not good for JG? Just because of what they see on TV? That's sad.

Another note on Candy show.. Eventhough there are no scripts, people have to be reminded that PD's and prod people still give instructions to the actors on each scene. That's why they are called DIRECTors. There's always a theme for where the actor's could think on what they can start the conversation with. Heck, I won't be surprised if the truth or dare game was initiated by the prod team (leading questions). Those shows are well thought by prod team. They spend big money for those prod and not having a plan on how to direct actors are a big waste of time and prod money. Also note that the show was edited to have the romance feel in it. Take out the lovey dovey love songs and side comments on the screen and the feel of the episode could be way different. I can attest to this because I've been working for a production team for a long time now. I've worked from pre prod to post productions. We do everything we can to make video shots have more interesting story because it brings audience and advertisers.

I sincerely hope that JHB and LJG's relationship becomes more stronger. And their careers prosper more!

P.S. Can't wait for Criminal Minds! :D

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Littlebelly house said:

Btw there's something that us, international fans didn't know, but for hardcore long term Joon's fans in korea, i understand how they hurt and dissappointed. one of the problem is not about he lie or appear in MEC, but they really disappointed with Hye Bin 's image. For korean people who have a conservative mind, u can understand why the oppose it. In Korea, JG have a "noble" and "clean" image as a public figure, and K-netizen is really a judge people, i have see many actor /  idol, their career has been destroyed by their "past". Korean really concern about "image". so the fans really scare if her image can give negative effect to  his work and image too

I'm curious. What's JHB image in Korea?

Are those sexy model pictures of hers on magazines considered not acceptable image for the fans?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, oshiroayaka said:

I'm curious. What's JHB image in Korea?

Are those sexy model pictures of hers on magazines considered not acceptable image for the fans?

K nets fans are totally hypocrites bunch. They wanted someone who is innocent,goody two shoes artists. This is entertainment industry. hello!! those are weak will be trample on. Especially the innocent one. Just face the reality. goody two shoes and innocent person have no place in entertainment world. JG or HB or whoever K artists can date,marry or having babies as their like. We shouldnt judge them just because they are dating or get married. They didnt commit any sinful crime for Godness sake!! 

JG have to apologized just because he date HB?? That is too much. 

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, junejungki said:

K nets fans are totally hypocrites bunch. They wanted someone who is innocent,goody two shoes artists. This is entertainment industry. hello!! those are weak will be trample on. Especially the innocent one. Just face the reality. goody two shoes and innocent person have no place in entertainment world. JG or HB or whoever K artists can date,marry or having babies as their like. We shouldnt judge them just because they are dating or get married. They didnt commit any sinful crime for Godness sake!! 

JG have to apologized just because he date HB?? That is too much. 

From DC-korea, that apology letter was requested from TVN-CM, because joon once have broke the contract rule in MEC, one of the contract point in his MEC show was his status must single

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Littlebelly house said:

From DC-korea, that apology letter was requested from TVN-CM, because joon once have broke the contract rule in MEC, one of the contract point in his MEC show was his status must single

Yes. That is one thing. The other thing was, fans anger and outcry was really not necessary. He is human like you and me. There's nothing wrong for him to date. If we wait patiently, we probably hear his confession. He is in the early stage of his relationship. He probably wasnt sure about his feeling or feeling secure in their relationship and then bamm!!!

• Like 8

Be warned and beware of any speculations and any info about these and that. I tell you those are 200% not true. Paying attention to those unnecessary things is just a waste of time.

He is not like he is trying to avoid or delay his military service or avoid paying taxes or killed someone. He's only been found out that he has a girlfriend at the age of 35. He apologised anyway, though not necessarily but on a positive note at least he has broken his silence.

So can we move on now? Am I allowed now to lobby PMY and LJG for a rom-com on their next drama? These two have an amazing and undeniable chemistry on screen. 

Anyway, hope people should just chill and remember anything made for entertainment is not true and purely for entertainment just t like MEC. It was like a drama just in a different format. 

Further, I hope we can return this thread to be positive again and refrain those baseless speculations. Seriously those are actually passive defamatory statements. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 14

53 minutes ago, Littlebelly house said:

Dear Littlebelly, kindly point me to where I may find this information highlighted or share the source of information. Thank you.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

He didn't break my heart when he confirms the relationship, but he broke my heart when he apologized:bawling: why r u apologizing when you have done nothing wrong! It hurts to think of how we must have hurt you for you to penn this letter. I'm getting angry.

Hi Lynn, I couldn't agree with you more - I feel sorry for LJK.  I hope people would realize that there is a difference between off-cam, which is your real life & on-cam, which is “acting’ – He acts what it should be on-cam since that’s what the plot tells you to do, so what? I don't think he should be sorry for that. This is sad. I hate apologies especially if you don’t need it.  That’s his life. Aww... but, I really admire LJK for doing this - he's such a kind-hearted guy. :(

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Littlebelly house said:

Where's this contract that you speak of? By your argument, does that mean the previous same-sex guests on MEC also had to be single? 

(Not implying homosexuality should be frowned upon but South Korea is fairly conservative so they wouldn't approve of trying to date off same-sex couples)

• Like 13