Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

3 hours ago, haniiiii said:

Sixth - the "you have my attention" face. And those lips ... purrrrfect :D

I title that pic....the Wang SO Goryeo GORGEOUS pic!  Thanks for the 7 Shades of So!  Episode 2 might actually be one of my faves!  I do tend to watch Episode 1-3 again when I'm in a cranky mood. 

3 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I need airport fashion.... please don´t mention the posibility of him sneaking out of Korea

&

25 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi pixelsticks, we'll wait & see................I hope we can get to see his airport fashion, too. Looking forward to this. :tongue:

Yes, please JG....no sneaking out (that's assuming he is even in Korea right now) and give us some hunky outfit, smiles and waves to look for! 

3 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Mine is coming in a few hours, i was planning to do it yesterday, but i have to study for my Korean Class today... it's getting more difficoult every week.

Yay!  Throw in some Korean for us...to learn as well! 

2 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I can´t wait to see the seven shades of So turning into a 50 shades... :wink:

Between you two, I fully expect to see every aspect of SO represented here....

• Like 5

Episode 2 Review:

I liked episode 1 so much... but episode 2 is just AWESOME. i love everything about it. even So less scenes... like all the HS/Eun silly second meeting and first fight!

Spoiler

XvECxYY.gif

Eun really growns on you the more on every rewatch! specially when you know his bitter end :tears: it makes you miss happy times so much!!!

but now on the meaty stuff... that is WANG SO :heart:

First meeting doesn´t leave the best impression on Soo, but it left the best impression on me. From swooning time to this:

Spoiler

Es5lSUY.jpg

My bad boy :wub:U4bazmd.jpg

0oLGazI.jpg

and the best of all is this

OExuS8p.jpg

I'm really amazed at JG's skills:wub:

he was having a great time, no doubt 

gEvOIUf.jpg

0Hl0Cju.gif

:D

After a great first meeting... a greater second one

Spoiler

GZHh7pb.gif

i told you!!! who won´t fall for So collection of smirks :wub:

And now for my favorite scene... Bath scene. it's haunting!!! or at least it haunted me for a whole week the first time i watched the drama: My poor tormented dog wolf, for a moment he lets us (Soo) see how wounded, how afraid, how vulnerable he was... and i think that's what angered him the most! The thousand expressions that crossed his face... and those eyes. No need for talking: his eyes said everything (as always), this scene was the one that convinced me of JG's acting chops (not that i didn´t know he was a good actor before) but this scene was a turning point for me...and of course let's not forget the elusive torso... :wub::wub::wub:. As images spreak more than words:

17zXfLY.gif

Spoiler

The elusive torso 

1TJqG7E.jpg

The unearthly beauty 

CxglWRD.gif

the most perfect third meeting

Hk6NuM1.gif

9wDWof2.gif

61Ny6B1.gif

The elusive torso leaving:tears:

S4wzqeD.jpg

IsNxQM4.gif

I love the little moments of brotherly bonding... but what i really loved about this scene was So smile. the first sincere smile we saw. Maybe his first sincere smile ever since he was wounded... i don´t know why but it makes me so sad... what could have been....

Spoiler

sYo25xs.gif

Of course bad parents broke So's heart and mine... I'd never get to understand Evil Queen Yoo... and I can´t forgive daddy for not worrying about So. I'm sure it hurted more than his arm's wound 

Spoiler

9hmOQ0r.jpg

So running after the assassins, fighting with one of them and then stating that he doesn´t care about Soo's life (while his eyes were saying that he did care... a lot) was a treat to watch... but my favorite thing wasssssssss: 

vaKNb3B.jpg

싫은데

It took me a long time to watch this episode because i kept replaying so many scenes (So's scenes) I think i will never get tired of watching his scenes... because i like them better everytime. What can i say? i'll forever be in love with Wang So and MLSHR :heart:

until episode 3:

2uBhQQy.gif

All gifs credit to uploaders

• Like 5

5 Fascinating TV shows starring ghastly to hilarious ghosts

e7d7800d-50c2-4eb2-a406-49e038fcbed9.png

Are you interested in a good ghost story but are averse to scary horror films? We got your back! Whether it's someone seeing ghastly ghosts or someone possessed by a sleazy virgin ghost that grabs your interest, these TV shows will have you bewitched in no time!

2. Arang and the Magistrate

Martial arts and romantic comedy unite in this Joseon Dynasty period drama about a spunky maiden named Arang (Shin Min Ah) who’s in the habit of getting into trouble. But one day, she stumbles upon something that costs her life. The ghostly Arang employs the young and bewildered government official Eun Oh (Lee Joon Ki) to help her hunt down her killer and bring him to justice. This odd couple sets off on a murder mystery full of laughs and unexpected romance.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever

5 Actors who are good at giving you nightmares!

173bdee9-0666-4f07-ac69-0000e5942d7a.png

A good scary show succeeds with great scary stars! Many of the frightening characters are played by superb actors who are outstanding in different genres. In other words, we love them as actors even though we hate theirs characters that give us nightmares.

5. Lee Joon Ki - The handsome leading man plays a vampire in Scholar Who Walks the Night and battles his nemesis, an even more powerful and vicious vampire played by Lee Soo Hyuk. The drama must have filled buckets of (fake) blood during the filming.

6112eca1-fce1-47d7-90aa-760613ee8882.jpg

However, Lee Joon Ki wins the double-scare award because he is also the ruthless prince who is feared by friends and foes alike in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo. (On the other hand, few fans would turn down the chance to dream about Lee Joon Ki.)

8957894c-76bb-43af-b668-557dcf068015.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever

• Like 11

13 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

WS doesn’t talk that much in this scene, but when he does he shuts down Yo with style! The King of clapbacks, perhaps?

Ah the levels of sassiness I aspire to reach!  I was like wang so-nim, show me your ways.

Image result for scarlet heart ryeo ep 2

13 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:
On 10/18/2017 at 6:55 AM, pixelsticks said:

And we get to see the brothers laugh and play around with each other….wait did Wang So smile so pretty here???

WS standing alone, smiling fondly at his brothers’ antics, as if he is an outsider and not their brother; and when snake Wook notices it he notices it he hides it quickly. :( 

6 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I love the little moments of brotherly bonding... but what i really loved about this scene was So smile. the first sincere smile we saw. Maybe his first sincere smile ever since he was wounded... i don´t know why but it makes me so sad... what could have been....

This scene was heartbreaking:dissapointed_relieved:....someone summarised it better than I ever could with the appropriate gifs to emphasize her point, so here it is:

Jst watching Wang So broke me completely, in this one scene you see what an outsider he is, you see how much affection he has, you see how badly he wants to be a part of it, and you see how much he knows he can’t. 

It’s a slow process even before he begins to smile -

first he tries to look away and mind his own business,

Spoiler

tumblr_ovh053HPEA1r3hugwo1_400.gif

but he can’t help but smile at his brothers’ antics and its so sweet knowing such a simple moment caused his ‘dog wolf’ facade to break.

Spoiler

tumblr_ovh053HPEA1r3hugwo2_400.gif

tumblr_ovh053HPEA1r3hugwo3_400.gif

Which then makes the moment where he and Wook meet eyes, all the more heartbreaking - as if Wook’s attention on him is a reminder that he’s not allowed to share this joy.

tumblr_ovh053HPEA1r3hugwo6_400.gif tumblr_ovh053HPEA1r3hugwo5_400.gif

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

and now for my favorite scene... Bath scene. it's haunting!!! or at least it haunted me for a whole week the first time i watched the drama:wub::wub::wub:. As images spreak more than words:

17zXfLY.gif

This scene was just so GLORIOUS:heart::heart:.I know its stating the obvious, and we will be saying this through out the whole MLSHR review, but also well its JG but still:

This was my instant reaction for this scene:

Image result for he is so pretty i wanna cry

Also this;

@antoniaclamenshe lets us (Soo) see how wounded, how afraid, how vulnerable he was... and i think that's what angered him the most! The thousand expressions that crossed his face... and those eyes. No need for talking: his eyes said everything (as always), this scene was the one that convinced me of JG's acting chops (not that i didn´t know he was a good actor before) but this scene was a turning point for me..

14 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:
On 10/18/2017 at 6:55 AM, pixelsticks said:

31:13 Enter Wang So into the bathing chamber!!!!

One of my most favourite scenes, (well, all the scenes with WS are my favourites so…)and not just because of the Elusive Torso :tongue:. Even when he knows he is alone at the pool he still hesitates to remove his mask and checks again – my poor child! The confusion and fear in his face when HS comes out of the water suddenly; subtle trembling in his voice when he asks HS whether she has seen his scar; quivering lips and eyes. :tears: I love how he disguises his fear as anger towards her. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen it, but it breaks my heart every single time. :tears: :tears:

Reaction:

Dear Wang So

Image result for too precious for this world gif

It took me right back to Gong Gil..That raw acting talent..thats not the type that you learn in college..thats in born gift..That ability to express vulnerability that can cut through your spirit(look at those eyes)

Spoiler

tumblr_oh37w7qk8Z1vem8apo5_540.png

That innocence.Only that in scarlet..it is more nuanced and shows his experience and growth.Also it feels different because he is enacting a more feminine character while in SHR he is emphasising more, his masculine side.

Spoiler

tumblr_oeqi5xC3KP1tmjt2ko10_400.gif

• Like 4

So, this is an annoucement on the Splendor Japan official Fan Site

22519076_1909368762409844_18517979804376

It says that there will be Lee Jung-Ki Official Magazine vol. 3 e 4, following the one of 2016 in Hawaii, and, as we supposed, it will be make using the Okinawa photoshoot :wub::heart::wub::heart: They say that they'll given more information about the release date soon.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I wonder if this will be a limited edition for Japan only or not... anyone here is from Japan and can help me to understand if last year edition was only for japanese fans or not? :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, violina said:

in this one scene you see what an outsider he is, you see how much affection he has, you see how badly he wants to be a part of it, and you see how much he knows he can’t. 

&

Which then makes the moment where he and Wook meet eyes, all the more heartbreaking - as if Wook’s attention on him is a reminder that he’s not allowed to share this joy.

Love the gifs and the explanation.  So apt.  I remember when watching it...I was wondering why Wook wasn't being more open to showing affection/brotherly attention to So.  His words seem to indicate he wanted to give SO a chance, but his actions/reactions seem to tell a different story.  Therein lies Wook....so smart and intelligent and knows what to say (to please/placate) but his inner motivation doesn't match his words. lee-joon-gi-kang-ha-neul.jpg

@antoniaclamens For some reason, I cannot quote your last review post.  But yes I totally agree Episode 2 is AWESOMESAUCE!!! 

So running after the assassins, fighting with one of them and then stating that he doesn´t care about Soo's life (while his eyes were saying that he did care... a lot) was a treat to watch

I guess I can quote this way????  While waiting for Episode 3, that scene was replayed.... often. 

While googling Wang So Battle...this article came up. https://www.dramafever.com/news/lee-joon-ki-vs-kim-ha-neul-who-makes-a-sexier-prince/ 

Not sure if I agree with #7.  Well maybe in Episode 2 he follows through (knife to assassin's head and later when he also comes to rescue Hae Soo & Jung from local bandits).  But heck if he follows through as soon as Hae Soo gets in real trouble (marriage to King, poisoning, banishment, help with Wang Eun.)  So sexiest prince??? NO contest!  WANG SO!

Hey...are there any of the "twirly swirly Wang So fights assassin in the woods" gifs/clips anywhere?

• Like 4

On 10/17/2017 at 7:44 PM, pixelsticks said:

Maybe since no one is posting their FAVE HJ outfits....I should ask.....which HJ outfit did you dislike the most!???

I'm with @haniiiii on this, sorry @antoniaclamens :ph34r:

On 10/18/2017 at 1:41 AM, haniiiii said:

And another issue - double denim. I know it is acceptable and actually trendy this year, but eventhough I loved the combination with the dark blue denim shirt, I kinda hated the light one

I don't know why but I felt as if the light one made him look old... :wacko:

On 10/18/2017 at 12:13 AM, pixelsticks said:

You are trying SO hard to get me to like them all....aren't you???

I have no idea what you are talking about! hehe onion head

There are many honorable mentions.....hahaha.

Spoiler

wkHytI7.jpg&key=0fb16844262df44ce1b65a5c

The more I look at this one...I am not sure why it isn't in the TOP 15. But....it's not.

But, but, but why? I mean, how? *Blue is baffled*  (Sorry about quoting the pic - couldn't resist it :D)

On 10/18/2017 at 5:20 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Maybe that shirt is one of my faves, tough the beautiful man wearing the shirt is what makes it one of my faves

about the elusive torso...

And as always, you speak my mind! :wub:

23 hours ago, violina said:

Also when he starts doing photoshoots, it means its not long before we hear about his next acting project..like yes please..am so ready...

Yes please! hell yes onion head

Aww..you are welcome hun and am more than happy to engage in this glorious mission..and since we are discussing outfits...il continue and throw in some outfit/shirt highlights...

love you crazy rabbit

I dont see JG doing alot of green clothes but he rocks it well..its a tricky colour but it works for him

:heart: the gifs and pics you posted - JG looks absolutely lovely! The hair was also on point - we can see his pretty forehead too!!

21 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Question:  Does that mean we will also be graced with AIRPORT FASHION???

Pretty please! But I hope that it wouldn't be like this :ph34r::

Spoiler

19 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Don't make me go all scary Gwangjong (before he met/was changed by Hae Soo) on you!

I LOVE the gif you posted! He's absolutely beautiful as Gwangjong - his glare!!!

17 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

<<<I keep thinking we gonna get in trouble for talking too broadly about MLSHR in here and not just JG/Wang So>>

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I just reposted the 1st epi. in the MLSHR thread. What should we do about the next epi.?

@haniiiii Thank you so much for the lovely beauty parade! :wub:

16 hours ago, haniiiii said:

Third - vulnerable prince's heart discovery

This was my laptop wallpaper for quite some time! Those eyes are hypnotizing! :wub:

5 hours ago, violina said:

This scene was heartbreaking...someone summarised it better than I ever could with the appropriate gifs to emphasize her point, so here it is:

Impressive analysis. WS has so much of love to give despite the horrible way he was forced to live, yet no one is ready to accept it! My poor baby, always ignored; always an outsider. :tears: Wang So deserves better!!

It took me right back to Gong Gil..That raw acting talent..thats not the type that you learn in college..thats in born gift..That ability to express vulnerability that can cut through your spirit(look at those eyes)

That innocence.Only that in scarlet..it is more nuanced and shows his experience and growth.Also it feels different because he is enacting a more feminine character while in SHR he is emphasising more, his masculine side.

It's astounding how two completely opposite characters were portrayed by the same person so convincingly, that you don't see JG acting as Gong Gil or Wang So at all, you only see Gong Gil and Wang So - two people with different personalities - and no trace of JG. I wonder when the people of South Korea are going to appreciate his talents and not just his beauty! <_<

56 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

I was wondering why Wook wasn't being more open to showing affection/brotherly attention to So.  His words seem to indicate he wanted to give SO a chance, but his actions/reactions seem to tell a different story.  Therein lies Wook....so smart and intelligent and knows what to say (to please/placate) but his inner motivation doesn't match his words. 

That's why snake Wook is the worst of them all! <_<

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

But I hope that it wouldn't be like this :ph34r:

Hahahah....that jacket was like 5 sizes too big! And covered too much!  Let's hope it's more like this a0aea08b4cf49c993893e57c13f41083.jpg

or this....c13812577372d39eaa342710cb25b738.jpg

But heck...I'll even take this...

Lee Joon Gi @Haneda Airport 20161113the infamous pink coat! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, Lynn11 said:

This is a bit off topic, but...the magazine is in demand according to some postings in social media. There is no JG in there, can u see the reason? :D

@Lynn11 Think of Lee Joon Gi's birthday date :) April 17th - therefore - 4.17. that's all the magic haha. Nothing more in it actually :D I don't wear a watch, so I am out of the game, but I have seen many fans buying it, yes. But the Japanese brand has no connection to JG, just a coincidence. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Lynn11 said:

This is a bit off topic, but...the magazine is in demand according to some postings in social media. There is no JG in there, can u see the reason? :D

I kept seeing these watches all over IG.  That brand should try to recruit JG to sell their watches for a short promo! @haniiiii I'm another one that doesn't wear watches.  I tend to kill them. 

And this made me LOL

tumblr_ocu0ekv2Lj1sh8uxlo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ocu0ekv2Lj1sh8uxlo4_500.jpgtumblr_ocu0ekv2Lj1sh8uxlo2_500.jpgYou know...this scene is not in the Dramafever version. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

You know...this scene is not in the Dramafever version. 

@pixelsticks Right! When I first watched it on kissasian, there was not this scene. And then I downloaded it elsewhere and there was this scene (and for example also the scene with the princes (without Wang So) preparing for the ritual dance in the second episode) and I was like: Why?? Just why it is different? And there are two versions, really strange...

Btw, girls, you don't have to make JG wear so warm clothes. :lol: At night the temperature is about 12 degrees Celsius there, but during the day Korea is still quite hot (22 degrees and more nowadays). So it depends when he departs. Let's make him show off his superb shape in some lighter clothes. :wink: Like this. Or maybe he should just take that jacket off too hahaha :wub:

Be_Funky_Collagess.png  

And today as well, don't forget to vote and click ten votes for Joon Gi ^^ 

http://namesns.com/entertainer/view.html?num=194620&star_num=171&share= 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

22553202_122868231805392_425564901290650

Of course,it is uniquely jg's watch and a must wear item for his future event. The clock face is especially unique as it only has digits 1,4 &7 on it.This is a not for sale design item that comes with the mag.I hv grabbed several,going to wear daily too.I expect many fans esp jp fans to give him for collection

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, cwngf said:

Of course,it is uniquely jg's watch and a must wear item for his future event. The clock face is especially unique as it only has digits 1,4 &7 on it.This is a not for sale design item that comes with the mag.I hv grabbed several,going to wear daily too.I expect many fans esp jp fans to give him for collection

What's the name of the magazine? I have a friend in Tokyo right know and I would like to ask her to find it for me :)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Pretty please! But I hope that it wouldn't be like this :ph34r::

Reveal hidden contents

I'm surprised nobody commented on this, so I have to delurk. I think these pictures tell a compelling story (although they are out of order here). It looks like he expected to sneak back into Korea the way he sneaked out, so he didn't shave and wore an outfit that hid him almost, *almost* completely. He was surprised when he spotted the camera and tried to hide his unshaven face. He must have ducked into some place where he could have one of his staff get him a razor because there are suddenly pictures of him clean shaven and pushing back the hoodie to reveal his face smiling like typical for an airport arrival. Poor guy must have been exhausted from the long flight, but he would never disappoint the fans who came out to greet him. That's my take on the pictures I've seen from that day in that outfit.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, cwngf said:

All of u notice the numbers.  :lol: I didn't at first understand why this watch keeps coming up until I read the comments by some fans.

The brand should get him to endorse  @pixelsticks mentioned, provided its a worthy and reliable brand. Not familiar with the brand though. Ok for the sidetrack, let's get back to drooling at our actor.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

What's the name of the magazine? I have a friend in Tokyo right know and I would like to ask her to find it for me :)

It is smart nov issue or in jp

スマート11月号

Jp side has run out of stock,sellers are restocking now.Cos when i asked my jp fren to top up order,we hv to wait for new stock to come.So u better hurry~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1