Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

9 hours ago, sukbin said:

Unfortunately, what you said is rather true, though I don't feel anything not right about his character in SWWTN and I personally don't think that there's any cast that the director or writer wanted to shine more than him being the male lead. SWWTN was off to a good start but the writing went haywire half-way through and I read that the writer was replaced for the second half of the drama. I think the weakness of Lee Jun Ki is that he loves the acting craft too much, he made decision on what feels right to him based on the plotline and characters offered to him yet failed to see the overall team that he is to work with (in the case of Moon Lovers, it was unfortunate since PD KKT has a pretty much impressive track record. Who knew that he would be the one who created the biggest mess). On this part, it's the failure of his agency to guide him and make sure everything is in good order for him.

I am not Korean so I can't say much but as far as I read, Lee Jun Ki has no problem when come to speaking saeguk. They said he speaks saeguk as if that is his everyday's language. IU by right should be excusable for her modern speaking pattern.

That is really too bad for him. 

I noticed too that PD Kim Kyu Tae is more fond of KHN than Lee Jun Ki based on the comments that he made with regards to the 3 main leads. Though he sang praises on Jun Ki, there's a definitive tone that his preference is KHN. Not that KHN is not a good actor or not deserving of such compliments as I find that his performance (aside from Jun Ki) is the strongest in Moon Lovers. In fact, I read a critic's review at hancinema where he also noticed too much building up of the loveline between Haesoo and Wang Wook which he feels is unnecessary and to him, it should be more Wang So centric by now. And omitting the backstory of Wang So really is a big stupid mistake because that could have helped the drama's narrative in a really big way.

I also couldn't help but wonder how the outcome would be should they decided to stick with the initial broadcast date in September instead of rushing it to August? Perhaps, the end product could have turn out better with enough time for editing and so on.

At the same time, I couldn't help but noticed that PD Kim Kyu Tae is basically using Moon Lovers as an experiment - to incorporate those silly modern OST in a saeguk, to allow for modern speaking pattern in saeguk and so on. PD KKT seems obsess with visual and style that he forgot his main task is to tell a story. And if this is really his intention, I really feel bad for all the actors who worked so hard for this drama, under the presumption that it is in a good hand of a good PD, with big studio budget and pre-produced only to be let down by half-baked end product, though no where should be deemed as a s'****y drama, still could have been an epic and history-making.

I agree with you totally @sukbin KHN was first to be cast by the director and was probably promised a lot of screen time. LJG may have approached the director and asked to play the 4th prince and I think he really wanted this role so he couldn't really back out of it once they started casting all the idols, and his agency must have known that it was going to be a marketing piece for the idols and OSTs. Fortunately being the passionate and diligent actor that he is, LJG was able to make the role of 4th prince his own and has gained a well deserved reputation for his effort regardless of the debacle surrounding the drama. 

With the release of the first few OSTs I already knew this drama was an experiment which shouldn't have happened. I believe this is PD Kim's first foray into sageuk and he probably wanted to stamp his own style out, understandable but as you said, not at the expense of the story telling. 20 episodes is too few to tell such a complicated story if you need a decent amount of time for character development, otherwise they should not have made it based on the novel and should have made it the usual action/romance/politics sageuks that Koreans enjoy. The way it is, you have a story that doesn't have enough interest domestically, and one that has been too rushed/edited for international viewers.  We still love Moon Lovers but I feel it is only because all the actors have played their part well but extra kudos goes to our Joon Gi  for his portrayal of the 4th prince which makes the drama exciting and worth watching. 

• Like 6

i really admire junki's acting, he is a really great actor,,

i wish junki will choose a movie/drama with prettier female lead 

from my perspective, I'm a bit sad with scholar who walks the night female lead, and also junki's new chinese drama, never said goodby (under the sicily sun) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Putri Dewi said:

from my perspective, I'm a bit sad with scholar who walks the night female lead, and also junki's new chinese drama, never said goodby (under the sicily sun) 

It isn't necessarily a prettier female lead as few can rival his beauty, but more important is her ability to perform at his level to get the right chemistry and interaction.  In SWWTN, LYB has an ordinary prettiness that really doesn't suit a leading role for a sageuk and it showed next to his classic look. KSE the first love was a much better match and actress for him and I was hoping she would end up with him in her reincarnation. The Chinese actress in Never Said Goodbye already felt the pressure of him being prettier than her before filming, and yes I was disappointed that she wasn't pretty enough especially when she cried but she is a good actress. I think the character for his leading ladies should be one that does not need saving all the time and can work with him as a partner, like Shin Min Ah in AATM and currently IU aka Lee Ji Eun who doing a good job in MLSHR and there is chemistry, the two characters match very well and they make a cute couple :wub:  Who I never cared for to partner him was Nam Sang-mi in TTBDW and Joseon Gunman, the worst choice because she looks and sounds older than him and when she tries to act cute in a sageuk she is trying too hard. JHB the female antagonist had a lot more chemistry with him. I would like to see him with Shin Min Ah again in a modern drama.

• Like 5

I'm actually glad Lee Joon Gi took the role of Wang So in Moon Lovers because in my opinion this is his best role so far, I've always known he's a great actor but playing Wang So showed me how amazingly brilliant he is with his expressive eyes & micro expression, Wang so's character writing is good & LJG added more depth to it even with his half face covered he was able to communicate his intense feelings to us, I do wish Moon Lovers get high ratings so more people can appreciates his amazing performance & give him all the awards & recognition he deserves, on the bright side he's getting a lot of recognition from international fans, Moon Lovers is very popular in Tumblr, I remember before Moon Lovers his IG followers was around 400,000+ now it's 700,000+ & still increasing, so his efforts didn't completely go to waste 

• Like 10

I'm very satisfied knowing that my favorite actor gave all his best for Moon Lovers drama. An exceptional acting and his surreal beauty. And for that, he was rewarded by fans from all over the world. About awards, I don't think there's an award to reward him for his acting in this drama or for all his previous works. I think they should to invent one.

Our prince is the best :)

Lee+Joon+Gi.jpg

• Like 7

@LyraYoo  I know just what you mean about the tears and his smile comment. What a sweetie to worry about us. 

My apologies for the length of what follows. Everything I will say comes from an American viewpoint so forgive me if my background kinda colors my opinion.  I adore Joon and I strongly believe his latest work has been the victim of some major goof ups by post production but it has also gotten a lot of unfair criticism. At this point it is hard to tell which did the most damage.

Spoiler

As I think I mentioned before, I didn't care so much for the Chinese version of Moon Lovers .I decided to watch the C version only to gauge how Joon's part would fit the upcoming K version.  In all honesty, I was so unimpressed with the C version, I almost didn't get past the first episode because I thought it lacked polish and had the slightly quirky feel I find in too many Chinese film exports.

I did eventually adjust myself and I was either able to look beyond my unfamiliarity with their filming style or the  C version  improved a bit,  The story had a pretty slow pace which didn't bother me because I like character studies and this certainly was that.. As to specific failings, the biggest for me was that  I was never convinced why Ruoxi rejected the 8th prince. I know the premise was that she was conflicted because she knew of the upcoming senseless deaths surrounding the fight for the throne yet her attitude was never going to change anything. I know it was suppose to imply the higher nature of her 21st century mind but contrarily don't we of the 21st century also know that we have no control over others only ourselves? So not being with someone you care for because you couldn't control their fate  seemed rather a weak reason to walk away from the person you claimed to love. I also didn't find the character of the 4th prince all that compelling, He wasn't sexy, attractive or particularly likable.  What did Ruoxi see in him?  My biggest enjoyment came from seeing the inside workings of the court which fortunately was a large part of the drama. So I stuck it out and then tried to imagine how Joon would fit into the story . Would it focus on him with Haesoo being the romantic interests or would it stick to the major theme and have him be her romantic interest?

From the beginning the K version showed greater emphasis on Joon's role and gave a depth of character to the 4th prince lacking in the c version, He was no longer just another prince we see in the background for the first half of the drama.  In this version he is dangerous and sexy and a direct contrast to the cultured and spoiled princes of the court or the stodgy character of the C version.  Our prince definitely catches your eye and leaves little doubt why Haesoo or any of us might find him drool worthy and irresistible. But then it slid into the basic story and I realized they were merely expanding his role and not altering this to his point of view. Reaching that realization I knew to expect the story arc with the 8th to unfold so that wasn't a surprise. In my opinion the pace so far has been faster than the C version with more comedy and emphasis on the youth of the princes being a nice contrast to the highs and lows of our wolf. However that quicker pass has not taken anything away from a full and complete story in this version.

I honestly didn't notice confusing or choppy edits no matter how many times I watched. Nor did I found myself unable to follow what was happening. Maybe culturally I am programmed not to have the dots connected prior to the climax and thus hadn't noticed holes in the plot. I also didn't mind the modern songs. If I can suspend reality enough to get into time travel why the heck would I expect the music to only reflect the times?  Just because that's more realistic? Really? I followed the implication that the 4th was a lone wolf and one whose presence was somewhat liken to a fox in the hen house.  An element needed for the character to ultimately react as the dangerous and cunning creature he was typed to be. Nor did I find the closeups a problem. In all the confusion I think it may have been forgotten that this was filmed with the intention of it becoming a movie. Movies require closer views so reactions and feeling are visible in the last row.  To be quite frank I think Korean's are more familiar with wide shots for one very good reason. You don't have to be a good actor. Wide shots allow the script and words to convey emotions. Acting isn't nearly so important and given the way Korean's enjoy plugging in their favorite hottie du jour, I imagine wide shots have become a necessity. 

Once the drama started getting low ratings very little was going to change the trend other than letting it continue to gain support from the wider international audience and thus gradually be looked at differently. The twitter campaign was a good idea but may now be too late because of the steps taken by the station or the director. Their response to the complaints were not only unnecessary but unprofessional. If It had been me I would have left it as it was and waited to see what happened. I think that once the real conflict over the throne starts and Joon appears more often, things will improve. But instead they panicked and reacted as if they were guilty as charged. It looked very bad and rushing to fix it was like a slap in the face to those in the international community who had liked it.

As to these threads, I suppose some criticisms are common. A drama isn't sacred and can vary in the eye of the beholder. I was a bit surprised by the change in tone on the other thread and by the fact it came with all the new folks I hadn't seen during the run up. I didn't get the impression they were committed supporters but rather those who travel from drama to drama. Excluding the true newbies, they may not have been new to Soompi but most hadn't given much attention to the thread before.  The bigger surprise was how many of those new visitors were often so critical.  I am rather sad about all of this but I hope that we start to look for what is good in this work. Not because I am so naive to expect rainbows all the time but if rainbows are anywhere shouldn't they be here?  . As one of millions I actually liked what I saw. So let's not supply any ammunition to the critics or the haters who might scan these threads.

Until Moon Lovers ends and we see what happens with the ratings once Joon is front and center. Let's adopt the attitude reflected in the quote of Robert Louis Stevenson,l "If you want a person's faults go to those who love him, they won't tell you, but they know."

• Like 10

2 hours ago, minmar said:

@LyraYoo  I know just what you mean about the tears and his smile comment. What a sweetie to worry about us. 

My apologies for the length of what follows. Everything I will say comes from an American viewpoint so forgive me if my background kinda colors my opinion.  I adore Joon and I strongly believe his latest work has been the victim of some major goof ups by post production but it has also gotten a lot of unfair criticism. At this point it is hard to tell which did the most damage.

Hide contents

As I think I mentioned before, I didn't care so much for the Chinese version of Moon Lovers .I decided to watch the C version only to gauge how Joon's part would fit the upcoming K version.  In all honesty, I was so unimpressed with the C version, I almost didn't get past the first episode because I thought it lacked polish and had the slightly quirky feel I find in too many Chinese film exports.

I did eventually adjust myself and I was either able to look beyond my unfamiliarity with their filming style or the  C version  improved a bit,  The story had a pretty slow pace which didn't bother me because I like character studies and this certainly was that.. As to specific failings, the biggest for me was that  I was never convinced why Ruoxi rejected the 8th prince. I know the premise was that she was conflicted because she knew of the upcoming senseless deaths surrounding the fight for the throne yet her attitude was never going to change anything. I know it was suppose to imply the higher nature of her 21st century mind but contrarily don't we of the 21st century also know that we have no control over others only ourselves? So not being with someone you care for because you couldn't control their fate  seemed rather a weak reason to walk away from the person you claimed to love. I also didn't find the character of the 4th prince all that compelling, He wasn't sexy, attractive or particularly likable.  What did Ruoxi see in him?  My biggest enjoyment came from seeing the inside workings of the court which fortunately was a large part of the drama. So I stuck it out and then tried to imagine how Joon would fit into the story . Would it focus on him with Haesoo being the romantic interests or would it stick to the major theme and have him be her romantic interest?

From the beginning the K version showed greater emphasis on Joon's role and gave a depth of character to the 4th prince lacking in the c version, He was no longer just another prince we see in the background for the first half of the drama.  In this version he is dangerous and sexy and a direct contrast to the cultured and spoiled princes of the court or the stodgy character of the C version.  Our prince definitely catches your eye and leaves little doubt why Haesoo or any of us might find him drool worthy and irresistible. But then it slid into the basic story and I realized they were merely expanding his role and not altering this to his point of view. Reaching that realization I knew to expect the story arc with the 8th to unfold so that wasn't a surprise. In my opinion the pace so far has been faster than the C version with more comedy and emphasis on the youth of the princes being a nice contrast to the highs and lows of our wolf. However that quicker pass has not taken anything away from a full and complete story in this version.

I honestly didn't notice confusing or choppy edits no matter how many times I watched. Nor did I found myself unable to follow what was happening. Maybe culturally I am programmed not to have the dots connected prior to the climax and thus hadn't noticed holes in the plot. I also didn't mind the modern songs. If I can suspend reality enough to get into time travel why the heck would I expect the music to only reflect the times?  Just because that's more realistic? Really? I followed the implication that the 4th was a lone wolf and one whose presence was somewhat liken to a fox in the hen house.  An element needed for the character to ultimately react as the dangerous and cunning creature he was typed to be. Nor did I find the closeups a problem. In all the confusion I think it may have been forgotten that this was filmed with the intention of it becoming a movie. Movies require closer views so reactions and feeling are visible in the last row.  To be quite frank I think Korean's are more familiar with wide shots for one very good reason. You don't have to be a good actor. Wide shots allow the script and words to convey emotions. Acting isn't nearly so important and given the way Korean's enjoy plugging in their favorite hottie du jour, I imagine wide shots have become a necessity. 

Once the drama started getting low ratings very little was going to change the trend other than letting it continue to gain support from the wider international audience and thus gradually be looked at differently. The twitter campaign was a good idea but may now be too late because of the steps taken by the station or the director. Their response to the complaints were not only unnecessary but unprofessional. If It had been me I would have left it as it was and waited to see what happened. I think that once the real conflict over the throne starts and Joon appears more often, things will improve. But instead they panicked and reacted as if they were guilty as charged. It looked very bad and rushing to fix it was like a slap in the face to those in the international community who had liked it.

As to these threads, I suppose some criticisms are common. A drama isn't sacred and can vary in the eye of the beholder. I was a bit surprised by the change in tone on the other thread and by the fact it came with all the new folks I hadn't seen during the run up. I didn't get the impression they were committed supporters but rather those who travel from drama to drama. Excluding the true newbies, they may not have been new to Soompi but most hadn't given much attention to the thread before.  The bigger surprise was how many of those new visitors were often so critical.  I am rather sad about all of this but I hope that we start to look for what is good in this work. Not because I am so naive to expect rainbows all the time but if rainbows are anywhere shouldn't they be here?  . As one of millions I actually liked what I saw. So let's not supply any ammunition to the critics or the haters who might scan these threads.

Until Moon Lovers ends and we see what happens with the ratings once Joon is front and center. Let's adopt the attitude reflected in the quote of Robert Louis Stevenson,l "If you want a person's faults go to those who love him, they won't tell you, but they know."

Totally agree with you... I've actually re-watched all episodes just to relate to what the complaints are. Others are quite understandable whilst with some, I just don't get what the fuss is about.

Anyway, maybe with my British perspective I see things rather different too.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

I'm very satisfied knowing that my favorite actor gave all his best for Moon Lovers drama. An exceptional acting and his surreal beauty. And for that, he was rewarded by fans from all over the world. About awards, I don't think there's an award to reward him for his acting in this drama or for all his previous works. I think they should to invent one.

Our prince is the best :)

Lee+Joon+Gi.jpg

OMG i thought its g dragon hahahahahha

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mewtwo said:

I'm actually glad Lee Joon Gi took the role of Wang So in Moon Lovers because in my opinion this is his best role so far, I've always known he's a great actor but playing Wang So showed me how amazingly brilliant he is with his expressive eyes & micro expression, Wang so's character writing is good & LJG added more depth to it even with his half face covered he was able to communicate his intense feelings to us, I do wish Moon Lovers get high ratings so more people can appreciates his amazing performance & give him all the awards & recognition he deserves, on the bright side he's getting a lot of recognition from international fans, Moon Lovers is very popular in Tumblr, I remember before Moon Lovers his IG followers was around 400,000+ now it's 700,000+ & still increasing, so his efforts didn't completely go to waste 

me too, i love his role in MLSHR, but i heard the ratings are not really good

i wish junki focused more in his acting career than singing, because for me his acting are really good

• Like 4

On 15 September 2016 at 8:53 PM, hiluna said:

I agree with you totally @sukbin KHN was first to be cast by the director and was probably promised a lot of screen time. LJG may have approached the director and asked to play the 4th prince and I think he really wanted this role so he couldn't really back out of it once they started casting all the idols, and his agency must have known that it was going to be a marketing piece for the idols and OSTs. Fortunately being the passionate and diligent actor that he is, LJG was able to make the role of 4th prince his own and has gained a well deserved reputation for his effort regardless of the debacle surrounding the drama

PD KKT gave me the impression that he prefers KHN based on the comments that he made on the 3 main leads (LJK, KHN and IU) with him specifying that "Jun Ki's has too much energy that he himself (PD KKT) cannot handle" while commending KHN as the actor with "elite quality" and IU is an acting genius. But from what I read, Jun Ki was the first one being extended with the offer to play the 4th Prince. He never approached the PD to get the role, he was offered and eventually accepting it before the rest of the casts being confirmed. You can check the link below.

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/11/10/lee-jun-ki-in-talks-to-play-4th-prince-in-k-drama-adaptation-of-bu-bu-jing-xin/

21 hours ago, Putri Dewi said:

While I share your opinion that Jun Ki is a great actor, I don't think it is necessary that his leading to be so pretty (though I admit my superficial-self), so long not downright ugly. LOL. After all, I seriously don't think there is any K-actresses more visually beautiful than Jun Ki. Most important to me is that I really wish he could work with an actress of his caliber. As at todate, none of his leading ladies is of equal charisma as his, with the closest being Shin Min Ah in Arang and The Magistrate. And from what we know, Jun Ki also never get to picked his leading lady and never was selective of this department as he was usually the first to be confirmed for a project before his leading lady being confirmed. So, if it is up to my preference, I really wish for his next leading lady to be either Ha Ji Won or Moon Chae Won and I don't care either it's a modern drama or saeguk cause his visual in Goryeo saeguk is a sight to behold to.

18 hours ago, mewtwo said:

I'm actually glad Lee Joon Gi took the role of Wang So in Moon Lovers because in my opinion this is his best role so far, I've always known he's a great actor but playing Wang So showed me how amazingly brilliant he is with his expressive eyes & micro expression, Wang so's character writing is good & LJG added more depth to it even with his half face covered he was able to communicate his intense feelings to us,

You know, to all of me....Lee Jun Ki is Wang So. I don't think I could ever watch the role of Wang So being acted by any other actor. He is just perfect. He owns the role. The breathtaking visage, the charisma - he embodies everything that should be of Wang So.

On 15 September 2016 at 7:57 PM, LyraYoo said:

I can feel how JG fans are quite disappointed/frustrated about how the drama turned out not in the expectation that we ought to hope for him. He is a risk taker and sometimes it can make his fans nod or disapprove about it. But I was smiling to remember his IG Post (oh gosh, why am tearing up while writing this part) when he reminds his fans to smile. He didn't expect at that moment, after a shock rating of episode 1-3 for his IG followers to shoot by 200k in just a month. To quote what he said:

To be perfectly honest, I love Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo to the moon and back. The drama is not perfect but nowhere near to be deemed as bad as how some made it to be.In fact, I sincerely think it is a really good drama.  Admittedly, there are the editing problems and the silly OST that really shouldn't be the case for a big-budget pre-produced drama. I am sad because this drama "could have" easily been the epic history-making drama. The mistakes, the glaring errors should not have been there to ruin of what "could have been". After all the hardwork that our dear Jun Ki had put in, he deserves something rewarding, that is a successful drama both internationally and in his homeland and therefore, I feel sad for him. Nevertheless, this drama majorly suffering a lot of injustice - the blind hatred on IU and the idols and pretty actors that actually all those negative aspects being blown totally way out of proportion. That is actually the biggest set-back when so many came in to watch with critical eyes that those great aspects being outweighed by the negativity implanted in them.

8 hours ago, Putri Dewi said:

i wish junki focused more in his acting career than singing, because for me his acting are really good

He is very focused on acting, in fact he loves his craft so much and really wants to be taken seriously as an actor. He only sing during his fan-meetings and never try to establish himself as a singer.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

Hi Putri Dewi, I'm sure he will since LJK isn't a singer but an actor after all. But, this man can sing, he really can! And he dances so well, too! Actually, LJK is a multi-talented artist! But, this one I wonder - does he know how to play any instrument, like piano or guitar, or anything like that? Several actors don't just hit the right note when they appear in dramas, they also know how to play a few notes. 

I wonder as well how did LJK is spending the Chuseok, huh?

I find his drama good.  Beautiful in so many ways. Everything is shot so well and presented so beautifully. LJK is completely believable and is so endearing. He does well. I also like KHN in this. I am watching this drama purely for both of them.  And they did not disappoint me,  I have to say. This drama is I guess an hour per EP and I actually don't feel it. :P

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Putri Dewi said:

he only sings for his fans in fan meetings, if he makes albums/songs, they are only to support his events/fan meetings. Actually he has been focus on acting lately. I think singing and dancing are just his hobbies and he knows he can show his talents in front of his fans and make his fans happy :) 

• Like 6

With all your discussion behind production, is really frustating. I'm totally dissappointed with the director. I don't care to whom actor he is in favor. He should do his job better by giving a good direction or flow of story rather than disjointed it and do an experiment with no assurance if the viewers will like it or not. After all the effort of JG to lose weight (which unhealthy bcos he did quickly in a few months) and this flaws they will going to offer and another low rating under his belt. They are too much.

If they will edit the rest of the episode to encourage the knetz, I hope they succeed and the rating will change for at least 10%. To be honest the drama has a big potential to be success both domestic and international. If they are careful and execute well the scenes and characters for sure they will engage the viewers rather than giving them a bad first impression. 

On 9/9/2016 at 11:27 AM, leesopark16 said:

@Irisz, hi ! I'm not the one who welcomed you back on the thread but I'm happy to see you around again too ! ^^ 
That song ~ I think it's the first I heard of him and was so surprised he was the one singing it - because it is really good. I didn't expect him to sing this well. 

Reveal hidden contents

Wow really, he upgraded to Jang Hyuk level in term of manliness for you ? That's a big improvement :P (or maybe you are referring to him because they play the same character ?). Ah ah right. LJK as Wang So is Gong Gil years later if he would have stayed in the palace xD And also got rid of his delicate behavior ~ Or maybe Gong Gil's twin brother ^^ With LJK's historical characters we can fill the princes cast of Moon Lovers. There are so many ~ 

As for the weight loss, well, it helped sharpened his face. Too bad he had to loose that much weight for it. By the way, we can almost retrace the shooting timeline based on his face alone, because it changes depending on the scenes. I don't know what they have done with the shooting schedule and maybe it's why they have trouble to edit the episodes because in a single episode I think weeks or months passed in between some scenes. We know for sure LJK first shooting was the "picnic" scene in episode 4. And indeed, his face is a bit fuller, like in the script reading session. But in episode 2, for example, it is way slimer. Just something I noticed and wanted to share ^^  

:) 

Hi @leesopark16 ! :) Lol, I didn't expect him to sing it that well either! his accent is so cute and very good too.

Yes for both LOL. He's grown up finally! :lol:

Welcome Everyone in this thread! happycopains.gif

Here is Peridot's Prince of Blood. :wub: She is so talented.

13767432_1772865536263061_904166404_n.jp

@minmar:) 

Spoiler

Ruoxi left him because she knew his fate and she didn't want to end up dead. I don't think that she was coward, I think she did not love him the way she loved 4th. Well, our JG does look better LOL but when it comes to love you don't really care about appearance. She truly loved 4th because he did understand her motives so did she. It's good that you can be with someone who does know you and not just love you. Someone you can be honest with is a treasure in life. Ruoxi only had 2 honest conversation with 8th during the drama. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, sukbin said:

PD KKT gave me the impression that he prefers KHN based on the comments that he made on the 3 main leads (LJK, KHN and IU) with him specifying that "Jun Ki's has too much energy that he himself (PD KKT) cannot handle" while commending KHN as the actor with "elite quality" and IU is an acting genius. But from what I read, Jun Ki was the first one being extended with the offer to play the 4th Prince. He never approached the PD to get the role, he was offered and eventually accepting it before the rest of the casts being confirmed. You can check the link below.

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/11/10/lee-jun-ki-in-talks-to-play-4th-prince-in-k-drama-adaptation-of-bu-bu-jing-xin/

My mistake, LJK may not have approached him but I still believe that KHN  was offered a role first or he certainly accepted first.  I remember watching for casting news for Joon Gi and KHN casting for SHR came first and people were wondering which lead role he was going to play

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2015/10/casting-im-joo-hwan-in-lightly-ardently.html

• Like 5

4 hours ago, hiluna said:

My mistake, LJK may not have approached him but I still believe that KHN  was offered a role first or he certainly accepted first.  I remember watching for casting news for Joon Gi and KHN casting for SHR came first and people were wondering which lead role he was going to play

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2015/10/casting-im-joo-hwan-in-lightly-ardently.html

LOL. We are referring to different sources. But from what I derived based on both sources, KHN was in the project first before LJK, only that LJK was approached for the role of 4th Prince and the PD had to settle KHN for the role 8th Prince due to LJK's starpower and I guess mainly because they need him to bring China to the table. Our dear Jun Ki is huge in China and I say, he delivered that yes, he brought China based on the Youku's impressive viewership and MLSHR sky high selling price.

• Like 6