Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

1 hour ago, antoniaclamens said:

Hope you are feeling better now... take care of yourself and have a lot of you. thought we will miss you for sure we can wait for you!

i have read  a little about his martial arts skills but do you (or some one else) have a good article, interview, video about it?

Hi antoniaclamens, ohhh.................what happened to cedarwood? Hi cedarwood, I hope you're OK................

I remember during an interview for the film "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter", Milla Jovovich could not stop gushing over her experience working with LJK. She praised him for being an amazing martial artist, working without a stuntman. He has a status as a 3rd Dan Taekwondo master. As far as I remember, prior filming his latest drama, "Criminal Minds" though he could have relied on the skills he already has, Lee Joon Gi also took up Systema, a Russian martial art, for his action scenes. He has already been praised by many martial arts directors as, “an actor who is a stunt expert.” He has taken on various action scenes without a stuntman throughout multiple productions, and has been given the moniker, “Unbeatable action star.” :lol:

• Like 5

10 hours ago, haniiiii said:

My tribute to smiling LJG :wink:

I used this photo today in my ppt presentation (for my Korean exam) loveletter.gif- I spoke about Korean company Lotte (for about 10 minutes in Korean, fuuu) and I could not miss out this opportunity to include oppa in my speech http://www.bakagirlsfansub.it/immagini/Emoticon/33.gif

Hi haniiiii, NICE & COOL this picture you posted. Ohhh............I admire you for being passionate in learning a Korean language. And your topic is about Lotte.............Did you know that this company was founded in Japan? That's why, they have (2) headquarters : Japan & Korea. The two CEOs of Japanese and Korean Lotte Groups are brothers, and both have Korean and Japanese names. So, the company can be considered both Japanese and Korean. The company grew big from selling products in Japan - mainly chewing gum. Lotte has many stores in China but I heard that 87 of its 99 stores in China were closed. Chinese authorities have cited fire safety issues as the reason for shutting some of Lotte's stores.  But, I guess there's MORE reason for this. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi dearest angels:)!I am late to the party but still lets talk about this...

tumblr_p2bh3e7Cak1sq7kg0o7_540.jpg

tumblr_p2bh3e7Cak1sq7kg0o8_540.jpg

Reaction:

Image result for spazzing gif

@bluelilac1214 my darling had to tag you because LOOK!!!! His beautiful forehead is displayed in its full glory..his skin looks so good in the setting sun.They didnt hide the mole on his cheek with makeup..his side profile in the second photo:wub:.This is 2018 started right!!!This magazine needs to circulate soon.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi antoniaclamens, ohhh.................what happened to cedarwood? Hi cedarwood, I hope you're OK................

I remember during an interview for the film "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter", Milla Jovovich could not stop gushing over her experience working with LJK. She praised him for being an amazing martial artist, working without a stuntman. He has a status as a 3rd Dan Taekwondo master. As far as I remember, prior filming his latest drama, "Criminal Minds" though he could have relied on the skills he already has, Lee Joon Gi also took up Systema, a Russian martial art, for his action scenes. He has already been praised by many martial arts directors as, “an actor who is a stunt expert.” He has taken on various action scenes without a stuntman throughout multiple productions, and has been given the moniker, “Unbeatable action star.” :lol:

Milla always say 4th Dan Taekwando blackbelt in all her interviews. 3rd Dan was from 10 years ago I believe. According to JG’s profile, he also hold 1st dan  blackbelt in Hapkido and 1st dan blackbelt in Taekyeon. He did learn Thai Kick boxing for TBDW. According to one of his Chinese interviews, he learned Wushu (Kung Fu) as well and my wild guess it was either for Iljimae or Arang. Then he learned Russian martial arts in CM then now he is learning Brazilian Jujitsu. 

Speaking of which, there is an upcoming drama that requires all JGs martial arts skills including the jujitsu. His body frame is also perfect for the role and it’s something he hasn’t done yet as well.

I will not say which one as I don’t want to jinks it. But  I am hoping he gets the role. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

More the merrier! I’m ready but I’m not happy with my writing, though. I feel like something is missing. depressed1 onion head And I really need your emoji review too.

PPSSSTTT... it's posted.  It is not to the caliber of what Episode 11 deserves...that's for sure. But I wanted to be timely.  https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/378975-drama-2016-moon-lovers-❤-scarlet-heart-ryeo-달의-연인-보보경심-려-0-soompi-kdrama-2016-winner-congratulations-stargazers/?page=2226

Oh, @cedarwood. Hope you get well very soon. It seems like you need more of vitamins L, J and G. Come join us whenever it is possible for you.

Ditto!  

But I have a bad habit of writing essay-like comments

We need a balance of quick wit and elaborate essays! 

21 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I hope he'll announce another drama project very soon. :)

Let's keep repeating this.....Soompi Powers Activate!!

21 hours ago, agathe said:

Soo In remained constant. But it is not so much the way of being of this character which irritated me (tho...) ... The worst thing is that after the second part of the drama she always repeated, always, always, always the same thing, with the same expression! "Doryeonim" ... So much so that at one point everytime she appears I said aloud "Doryeonim", and then she said it each time ...

THIS!!!  Like @joybran said, the story faltered in the 2nd half.  This poor female protagonist wasn't given much. I just wanted JG and the bad guy to get it over with.  

15 hours ago, haniiiii said:

I used this photo today in my ppt presentation (for my Korean exam) loveletter.gif- I spoke about Korean company Lotte (for about 10 minutes in Korean, fuuu) and I could not miss out this opportunity to include oppa in my speech http://www.bakagirlsfansub.it/immagini/Emoticon/33.gif

Squee!  How did it go?  

12 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Of course you all count. and i'm having a great time watching MLSHR with @pixelsticks and @bluelilac1214 now but... just imagine if we could be in the same room watching, crying, laughing, swooning, commenting.... (well maybe it won't be safe for you, cause when i'm very emotional i tend to pinch or hit the ones watching with me, lol)

Pinch or hit?  I call dibs on the couch farthest away from you :wink: .  I tend to throw pillows....

24 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

Speaking of which, there is an upcoming drama that requires all JGs martial arts skills including the jujitsu. His body frame is also perfect for the role and it’s something he hasn’t done yet as well.

I will not say which one as I don’t want to jinks it. But  I am hoping he gets the role. 

Okay Okay.....how can you drop that info so carelessly in here and not expect us to HOUND YOU calm down crazy rabbitfor MORE INFO????

P.S.  I was SO excited that I could actually post/quote from more than 1 page today here in the thread...but then Soompi had to go crash on me.  

PPS.  Hey even @LyraYoo ranked the posters.  I got to get my rear in gear! 

@violina Yes...when might that magazine come out?  They did a great job editing those sunlight but fill flashed pics.  That mixture of light is NOT skin texture friendly.... I tell ya. Flash adds some needed light to the backlit photo, and it allows for the ambient light to be seen in its warm glory, but it can be a curse as well.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi haniiiii, NICE & COOL this picture you posted. Ohhh............I admire you for being passionate in learning a Korean language. And your topic is about Lotte.............Did you know that this company was founded in Japan? That's why, they have (2) headquarters : Japan & Korea. The two CEOs of Japanese and Korean Lotte Groups are brothers, and both have Korean and Japanese names. So, the company can be considered both Japanese and Korean. The company grew big from selling products in Japan - mainly chewing gum. Lotte has many stores in China but I heard that 87 of its 99 stores in China were closed. Chinese authorities have cited fire safety issues as the reason for shutting some of Lotte's stores.  But, I guess there's MORE reason for this. :lol:

@willenette Hi ^^ Yeah, I study Business Korean as my university major. So my speech about Lotte was business oriented, I spoke about the Korean and Japanese Lotte, yes :wink: I also had to speak about stuff like management principles, missions, visions, turnover etc... And I covered some news too, Chinese Lotte issue with THAAD as well and how big loss Lotte has due to this. But I also showed some Lotte advertisement and there I put JG oppa :D 

@antoniaclamens, @pixelsticks I did well, thank you. I got A ^^ I love doing this promotion. I always think how to incorporate JG to my speeches. :D:D 

My JG smile of the day :wink: 

image.jpg 

I have little bit more time now, so I will continue translating & subbing some JG videos I started in past but could not finish :wink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Okie dokie.  I watched all the JG Drama - Video Intros that @violina shared.  Here's my take...

My Girl:  Oh my the layers!  The graphics!  The kitsch! So 2000! It actually fits in well with the music and the lighthearted comedy drama that this was. I wish they would have better video content for JG’s character introduction but I am glad they put in the SMILE!

TBDW:  Another Intro with tons of layers! Red everywhere. I thought there were more images of his brother (2nd Lead) than of JG (at least with the romantic interest).  But the JG images shown were his character in a power moment. Music kinda reminds me of Criminal Minds.  Still gives a mystery to JG’s character but you know he will be capable.

Iljimae:  I want more! Music is fitting for an epic story. Starts with cartoon depiction and leads into real life Iljimae.  Doesn’t reveal much at all, except that his character likes to climb rooftops and look off into the distance. The ladies are gorgeous. But I really wanted to know/see more!

Hero:  Ahhh….sitcom music! Looks like the standard Team Sitcom Comedy show with an all age cast focused on the News. Fluff but fun.

Arang: Here we go with the many layers again. I don’t envy the poor person who had to incorporate all this!  I wish the video was more prominent than the still pictures overall.  To me they kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. Plus I wasn’t a big fan of the way they depicted the Supernatural world in this show.  Too cheesy for me. But the music is playful…and I wish they would have used more of the playful video between characters to be the Intro.

Two Weeks: Tense music, amazing use of high speed camera/freezing/change frame reference.  I like the page turning/changing of images…maybe use different or fewer images as the flow was weird…but overall….Heck YES!!!

Joseon Gunman:  Strong music but so damn short! Amazing cinematography showing the bullets flying/destroying.  If I would have watched this first and then watched the first 4 episodes…I would have been…wtf?  What show is that??

Scholar: Very strong imagery!  Amazing layers and visual depictions.  Music so classical! Each character’s introduction is interesting. I’d be like….tell me more!

MLSHR:  Wow!  It seems so short! Epic music…such brief glimpses of the characters face in a mostly happy moment.  Doesn’t reveal much but doesn’t tend to pull me in much. It’s to highlight all the pretty people involved in this show.

Criminal Minds: Intense imagery.  Red/Blue/tech based.  Serious cops = serious show. Music tense, people tense.  Now I’m tense. hahaha

Ranking from best quality/draw me in to least quality/do I really want to watch this?

1.       Scholar

2.       Two Weeks

3.       TBDW

4.       Joseon Gunman

5.       Iljimae

6.       My Girl

7.       Criminal Minds

8.       Arang (The complexity of it makes it you want to watch it more than once to figure out if you missed something) 

9.       Hero

10.    MLSHR (it could/should have been much better- I'm with @bluelilac1214...wth were they thinking???)

Actually 7 - 10 are interchangeable. 

My SMILE for the Day:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Milla always say 4th Dan Taekwando blackbelt in all her interviews. 3rd Dan was from 10 years ago I believe. According to JG’s profile, he also hold 1st dan  blackbelt in Hapkido and 1st dan blackbelt in Taekyeon. He did learn Thai Kick boxing for TBDW. According to one of his Chinese interviews, he learned Wushu (Kung Fu) as well and my wild guess it was either for Iljimae or Arang. Then he learned Russian martial arts in CM then now he is learning Brazilian Jujitsu. 

Hi missmaudy, ohhh.....thanks for sharing this. I hope we could get to hear the news about this upcoming drama you mentioned. I hope this is confirmed.............. :lol:

10 hours ago, haniiiii said:

@willenette Hi ^^ Yeah, I study Business Korean as my university major. So my speech about Lotte was business oriented, I spoke about the Korean and Japanese Lotte, yes :wink: I also had to speak about stuff like management principles, missions, visions, turnover etc... And I covered some news too, Chinese Lotte issue with THAAD as well and how big loss Lotte has due to this. But I also showed some Lotte advertisement and there I put JG oppa :D 

@antoniaclamens, @pixelsticks I did well, thank you. I got A ^^ I love doing this promotion. I always think how to incorporate JG to my speeches. :D:D 

My JG smile of the day :wink: 

I have little bit more time now, so I will continue translating & subbing some JG videos I started in past but could not finish :wink:

Hi haniiiii, please keep them coming here..................... :lol:

• Like 5

Hi Everyone, Thanks so so much for contributing to my "surveys".Hehehe I even get our lovely mod @LyraYoo to delurk and join the discussion:).I feel so proud.I wish I could respond to each one of you.But your responses are all on different pages and soompi makes it hard to do that.But really its interesting to hear your opinions.

I feel more motivated.So we have discussed JG dramas and rank them.I am not through with them.I will come back to them.But lets detour, discuss and show some love to JG movies.Our man has starred in 8 movie productions.Four in supporting roles and the other four as one of the main characters.Part 1 will be movie posters and Part 2 will be movie trailers.

Question of the day?Rank your favourite JG 'whole cast' movie poster/character photos .As usual, rank it from best to least favourite. If you can,  comment the reason why.Do the same for the JG movie trailers.For those who are not up to date with what we are doing.You can comment on background colour, outfit choices.Music.Makeup.Cinematography in the trailers.Did the trailer pull you in?Did the movie poster grab your attention, hairstyle etc..the choice is yours.

Part 1(Movie Poster)-I will skip, Hotel Venus(2004), Flying Boys(2004) and Resident Evil(2016) because no clear official posters with JG in them. But I just insert some flying boys pictures for eye candy.

Flying Boys(2004)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Related image

fc7fdefdab5360_full.jpg

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

1.The King and the Clown(2005)

d7e7226af43d69aef30c4cbe6bc8cfd3.jpg

2. Fly Daddy Fly(2006)

Image result for fly daddy fly 2006 big pictures

3.Virgin Snow(2007)

Virgin-Snow-film-images-93cf0720-aae2-46db-82cc-42072d77b4e.jpg

4. May 18(2007)

Spoiler

494d8aab170d6

5. Never Said Goodbye(2016)

Spoiler

Never%2BSaid%2BGoodbye%2B18.jpg

• Like 4

I finally done my episode 11 Review, yesteday night i went to bed very late because i was writting it and looking for gifs and selecting pics. Tonight it was a nightmare to post it because my internet conection sucked all the time and soompi crashed everytime. So i will make a few quick comments and post my review links if you want to read it

Of course episode 11 deserves better than i did...

23 hours ago, willenette said:

13 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Many thanks to you both the answers... you're so kind.

13 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

PPSSSTTT... it's posted.  It is not to the caliber of what Episode 11 deserves...that's for sure. But I wanted to be timely.  https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/378975-drama-2016-moon-lovers-❤-scarlet-heart-ryeo-달의-연인-보보경심-려-0-soompi-kdrama-2016-winner-congratulations-stargazers/?page=2226

I hope to do full justice to your emoji review pretty soon... good pixel! i didn´t need to pester you! but how about @bluelilac1214 and @glassnokamen? i'm waiting for your reviews!!!!

Pinch or hit?  I call dibs on the couch farthest away from you :wink: .  I tend to throw pillows....

:lol:. Anway Pillows are softer than spoons... i watched livestream final episode of MLSHR with sister. We were eating icecream, so i was armed with a spoon. i lost count of how many times i hit my poor sister with it. but as you watched and suffer through the episode you can imagine it!

Okay Okay.....how can you drop that info so carelessly in here and not expect us to HOUND YOU calm down crazy rabbitfor MORE INFO????

Exactly my words

12 hours ago, haniiiii said:

Congratulations to you! so happy to hear the good news

40 minutes ago, violina said:

Question of the day?Rank your favourite JG 'whole cast' movie poster/character photos .As usual, rank it from best to least favourite. If you can,  comment the reason why.Do the same for the JG movie trailers.For those who are not up to date with what we are doing.You can comment on background colour, outfit choices.Music.Makeup.Cinematography in the trailers.Did the trailer pull you in?Did the movie poster grab your attention, hairstyle etc..the choice is yours.

Part 1(Movie Poster)-I will skip, Hotel Venus(2004), Flying Boys(2004) and Resident Evil(2016) because no clear official posters with JG in them. But I just insert some flying boys pictures for eye candy.

i don´t have strenght to rank anything today, i will do it asap, so for now i will be contended just enjoying the Flying Boys eye candy! 

Today smile 

11695868_908628625843186_838496854959340

Image credit to uploader 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

On 1/10/2018 at 4:44 PM, agathe said:

7) Time between wolf and dog (this poster makes me want to watch this drama immediately!)

Oh you really should watch when you get the time.One of his best works ever, pre-army.

Ok back to my question of the day series.Instructions already given in previous post.Scroll up.Rank the JG movie trailers below.Hotel Venus(2004) and Flying Boys(2004) are oldies.Oldies are gold. but that means I couldnt find the trailers lol:D.No JG in Resident Evil(2016).So these three are out of the 'survey'.

Here is Part 2

The King and the Clown (2005)

2.Fly Daddy Fly (2006)

3.Virgin Snow(2007)

4.May 18 (2007)

Spoiler

5. Never Said GoodBye(2016)

Spoiler

• Like 3

@willenette @pixelsticksSorry guys If I posted something misleading. I didn’t mean JG receive an offer. I only mean there is an upcoming role that I feel JG is the most suitable amongst Korean actors, if not the only.  I can only dream as a fan. :)   

@antoniaclamens No worries. I have become a JG junkie. I have been reading about him even stuff from 15 years.

I even analyse his career and studying the current entertainment market and trends and looking how JG can progress his career further . lol Don’t worry I am not that crazy. It’s little related to what I do for a living and I just get a little of JG into it. :) 

• Like 4

On 10.01.2018 at 2:40 PM, agathe said:

I'm back from sickness and half-year exams.

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear you're fine and yourexams are over. :) 

I don't know how I survived, but I survived good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

You survived because you're smart. :)

I decided to be reasonable and watch one episode a day to draw out the pleasure. I knew I was going to watch something awesome, because of the way you talked about it.
As a result, in four days, I watched 12 episodes. Oops ! big-eye-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624

I won't be bad unni and won't laugh at your decision about watching this drama reasonably. Firstly - I did the same thing. And the second thing - even with our recommendations you can't actually foresee what's coming. 

Yeah, TW is this kind of drama. You start to watch and you can't stop until the end. It's so addictive. :)

I watched the interview of an actress who explained that it was more private to reveal her feelings to the world than her nakedness.

I think I read something like that before. Who said that?

Oh... and yet, I didn't find this ending very happy ...

Why? He did what he wanted, he's with woman he loves, he's alive (I heard somewhere he wanted this character to die) without any doubt, he's living legend and he makes bad people run because of the fear. 

To me it's perfect happy ending. I don't know if PYK would be happy if he lived doing nothing till the end of his life. :wink:

At first I was a little afraid to begin it. It's going to sound silly, but I've been used to seeing JG as a super mainly guy... I thought that I won't find him credible with effeminate character. (very silly)

The rumour says this movie started the whole thing with flower boys. And LJG in this movie is so beautiful he's impossible to describe. There are no words in any language in this world to describe how beautiful he was. crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378

Yes I'm parisian!

So you're from the same city as my absolutely all time favourise singer. :)

On 10.01.2018 at 3:35 PM, pixelsticks said:

Take some extra doses of JG (where is that JG as a Doctor footage??) and take some naps. 

I did - thank you. :)

On 10.01.2018 at 4:37 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

I must say, I giggle every time I see his dress and hair style. panda 29

Yeah... fashion of that time was cruel...

Though he is only the second lead (the other thing that I’m not happy about), he still outshines everyone, right?

True. Besides it was hard to like male lead - he was a jerk and I hate jerks.

I keep on thinking how much he has achieved and become an established and renowned actor now.

Me too. Think of this way - he could not be here if he didn't take a chance given to him. I mean he could be only one role actor and then maybe do some commercials and now be totally forgotten. It amazes me that he not only managed to stay in the industry but also became leading star and he's not the pretty boy anymore. Of course he's beuaituful beyond words but not in the same way as in KatC. Nowadays no one could have doubts if he's a man or a girl. Nope - he's a grown up man. :D He also worked on himself. I don't know how to say it - I'm not talking only about his acting skills but him as a person. He said once that after KatC he felt like young god and he behaved badly. Ok he was v. young and successfull then but I'm glad that he realized he behaves badly and came to his senses. Now no one would say about him anything except him being nice person, good sunbaenim and the cheering up team member. It's good to like this kind of man. :)

On 10.01.2018 at 5:35 PM, missmaudy said:

I notice JG does endorse products from time to time but I am glad he doesn't do exclusive endorsements but instead delivered us at least (1) drama per year.  I hope he'll announce another drama project very soon. :)            

Exactly my point - he focuses on acting. After all he's an actor. :)

On 10.01.2018 at 5:44 PM, agathe said:

Solo Poster 

1) MLSHR

I don't even know how to describe this poster.
JG is handsome, Wang So is perfect. ("He is love" as @antoniaclamens use to say !) His best role ... His eyes go throught everything, the atmosphere of the drama is transcribed to perfection...
It's with this poster that I discovered JG... No words I'm just in love.

2) MLSHR again.

3) MLSHR again. 

4) MLSHR again. 

I love your ranking. :D

On 11.01.2018 at 12:11 AM, haniiiii said:

Lucky you - at least you had a chance to use his photo anywhere except here. I don't have that chance but if I had I would do that too!!!

On 11.01.2018 at 3:14 AM, antoniaclamens said:

just when i think that i can´t love him more he does a thing and Bang! i love him more.

I have the same thing. Also I always think he can't look better... I just imagine him reading my posts and he's like: "Hmpf! Of course I can!" and then... bang! another photoshoot. 

Silly cedarwood... will never learn...

I consider provoking him from time to time... crazy-monkey-emoticon-190.gif?1292792428

just imagine if we could be in the same room watching, crying, laughing, swooning, commenting.... (well maybe it won't be safe for you, cause when i'm very emotional i tend to pinch or hit the ones watching with me, lol)

Ok if we ever have the chance to watch LJG's drama in the same room I'll sit far away from you. Just in case. :wink:

comments about how second girl would also sacrifice for PYK. Well i just watched episode 13 yesterday and she did not sacrifice herself for him. in fact she pushed him to death (for his father sake i know but still she didn´t do a thing to help him) and after that the only thing she said was that neither her nor SI would have him... i liked her when the drama start but by now she's just another evil character

My comment was that it doesn't have to be lady lead who sacrifices herself - second lead (any second lead) can also do that. Not particulary this second lead but you know - like a screen writer can write a scene for second lead to do things usualy lady lead does. 

Besides you're talking about second lead who already hates PYK and I totally understand why she became like that.Second lead is more human (I think @agathe said that) because she's dynamic character - she changes, she loves, she hates... she's not perfect but perfect characters are unbelievable. Besides she could change another way if the screenwriter wrote so.

On 11.01.2018 at 3:28 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Bare feet parade 

Aaaaaaaaa!!! Noooo!!!! It's the scene when he'll be thrown into water! Poor him...

Is it crazy that I recognized the drama (TBDAW) and scene basing on a picture with bare feet only...? crazy-monkey-emoticon-189.gif?1292792428

On 11.01.2018 at 3:28 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Why do I feel I always post about the same parades?  Lol

Because you love them and we love pictures you chose. :)

On 11.01.2018 at 5:09 AM, willenette said:

what happened to cedarwood? Hi cedarwood, I hope you're OK...............

I'm alive! Don't worry.

I'm just sick that's all. I rarely get any sickness and now... it's like my body decided to catch up all sickness I could get but I didn't from like 2009 - that was the last time I had sick note. 

Urghh... It's over soon. Really.

Sorry for whining...

On 11.01.2018 at 1:55 PM, violina said:

His beautiful forehead is displayed in its full glory..his skin looks so good in the setting sun.They didnt hide the mole on his cheek with makeup..his side profile in the second photo:wub:

Everything you said! 

I especially like that they didn't hide the mole. It's part of his beauty I don't see why they should. Yet usually they do.

On 11.01.2018 at 3:05 PM, missmaudy said:

What drama you talk about?

On 11.01.2018 at 3:05 PM, missmaudy said:

Heeeeeey! You must tell us!!! crazy-monkey-emoticon-120.gif?1292792411

t.b.c. (with the ranking of course)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

but how about @bluelilac1214 and @glassnokamen? i'm waiting for your reviews!!!!

Um....yes.....Image result for waiting

11 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

so i was armed with a spoon. i lost count of how many times i hit my poor sister with it. but as you watched and suffer through the episode you can imagine it!

I'm bringing many pillows then....

10 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I only mean there is an upcoming role that I feel JG is the most suitable amongst Korean actors, if not the only.  I can only dream as a fan. :)   

I know I know!!  But it was such a tease!!  :D  And I can only hope your dream will become reality!! 

Acck @violina . I wasn't quite caught up with the drama POSTERS...now movies?  <<<off to get it done>>>

Here is my take on...

Whole Cast Poster

Criminal Minds: Compilation of individual shots not layered but kept separate. Color tone is blue/red/cool/serious. Logo text has great texture. Overall, it gives equal impact to each character, but it’s kinda basic though.

SHR:  Dramatic, beautiful, strong depth of field with focus/spotlight on the main characters and the background of the throne out of focus. Nice tones…fitting to the storyline.  Even the facial reactions are fitting to the serious story. I probably would have switched out Eun and Yo…since it seems that the characters sitting have some distinct power or big role. Question: Where is Crown Prince Moo???

Scholar: Doesn’t quite match up to the video Intro. Same intense spotlight but it really seems to be photoshop of each character put into the scene instead of a group pic. Everyone’s face is serious except the young female character.  That is jarring a bit. It does tell a story, but the only hint of a vampire is Gi white face/red robe in the background.

JG: Freakin’ yummy light flares! Great poses! This just screams EPIC!! 

Two Weeks: Black/White/Red Blends of the main 4 characters. All in states of distress.  This isn’t gonna be a happy drama. I commend the designer who put the characters into the #2 but the “weeks” stands out a bit much. I like where they were going….maybe weeks should have been spraypainted and had less opacity and it would have been perfect.  (I’m nitpicking)

Arang: This poster is a good balance of the supernatural, the farce comedy and the strength of the handsome LJG starring in this production. It also highlights the beauty and spunk of Shin-Min-Ah.

Hero:  Good Team Photo.  Nice posing. JG seems too happy compared to other characters. (I haven’t watched it so I don’t know motivations) The colortone/cartoon of the background make it seem a bit more serious.

Iljimae: AARRGHH… could have been much better.  I have seen better ones. I like the upclose faces of the characters…but I’d put JG in the middle and build the others around it.

TBDW: This is like some intense War/Political Movie Poster.  The guys look strong/sexy/cool.  Even Nam Sang Mi looks strong and capable. Helicopters are weird…hence my “is this a war movie” thoughts.

My Girl: Did it come out around Christmas time?  The themes are so like presents and wrapping/ribbons…colorful and a bit gaudy at times. But it’s playful.  Great photo presentation of each character.

Ranking: 

MLSHR Followed closely by JG, then Arang, TBDW, Two Weeks, Scholar, Criminal Minds, Hero, My Girl, Iljimae (As like the last time…the last 4 are interchangeable)

And thanks @astrantia for all those movie posters. I NEED to put that on my WATCH list. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, missmaudy said:

@antoniaclamens No worries. I have become a JG junkie. I have been reading about him even stuff from 15 years.

I even analyse his career and studying the current entertainment market and trends and looking how JG can progress his career further . lol Don’t worry I am not that crazy. It’s little related to what I do for a living and I just get a little of JG into it. :) 

15 years!  Wow 15 years ago I'd only watched All about Eve on local TV, and totally forgot about it. Little did I know that in some years kdramas would change my life. Of course I had no idea that LJG existed and that he would be my love... You are so lucky that JG is somewhat related to what you do.  I wish my job would be classifying JG stuff! 

@violina about my movie posters rank,  let me say that I found drama posters more appealing, so it was hard to choose 

1.-King and the Clown. I know I'm biased,  but I love the looks of it,  the color,  the actors expressions and GG

2.-Fly Daddy Fly. Biased again. But I love those 2 smiling together 

3.-Never Said Good Bye,  I think the other posters from the movie are better,  so I'm thinking of them when putting it on third

4.-May 18. Why the wings? It kinda spoiled the poster for me

5.-Virgin Snow. Fluffy, but JG looks adorable 

4 hours ago, astrantia said:

Hey everyone!

I want to introduce you to some posters for movie "18 May" (unforgettable movie for me, and I'm glad that JG acted in this film)

Thank you so much for sharing!  I specially love the 2 last ones

• Like 3

14 hours ago, violina said:

Part 1(Movie Poster)-I will skip, Hotel Venus(2004), Flying Boys(2004) and Resident Evil(2016)

Ok, so I must admit - as I've seen them all my chosing would have nothing to do with the quality or what of those posters.

1. Virgin snow / The king and the clown
TKATC is simply beautiful. I love the colouring and clothes and Joon Gi perfectly put in the background. Yes, it's the perfect place. He's in the background beautiful like any woman would love to be and he puts his hand on the king's shoulder. 
VS is simple but... it's my favourite LJG's movie. I watch it every time life is hard or I feel bad (I'd watch it tonight I think!). It works every time - I always cry and I'm always happy at the end. The movie is beautiful, innocent and helps to forget the world around you. It's so sweet I can watch it all over again. Really.

2. Fly daddy fly
Because of those two actors have great chemistry - no matter if it's a movie, drama (they also made Iljimae together!) or just a poster. 
Besides I also like this movie v. much. It makes me feel better. :)

3. May 18
Ah... this is painful. The poster is already a spoiler. The dramatic moment when the young boy is heavily hurt and he'll die. And you know that. The poster makes something strange in my throat - I can't swallow. Also tears are coming. Aaaaarghhhh...!

4. Never said goodbye
I'm not a fan of this poster. Looks more like poster to drama comedy than to a movie.

And the trailers...

Give me a second, must stop crying...

*sniff* 

Ok, I'm ready.

*sniff* 

No, I'm noooooot!!! crying1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624 

Ok, let's start.

1. Virgin snow
Classic love story trailer promising sweet story of two teenagers from different worlds. It's lovely and more imporantly - the actual movie lives up to this promise. The trailer is as cute as the movie. I don't need anything more.

2. The king and the clown
Saeguk, crazy king, delicate boy, street clown and angry queen. Clothes, music, the whole drama - after the trailer you know it's not going to have happy ending yet you want to see the movie so much you don't care.

3. May 18
Even if there was no Lee Joon Gi in this movie or the trailer I would watch it anyway - I like watching movies based on true stories. Not all of course but since I don't know too much about korean history I'm more than sure I'd watch it.

4. Never said goodbye
New movie, trailer made with new standarts. Dramatic, beautiful and you know someone is going to die there, yet surprisingly they managed to show this movie won't be about dying. At least not only about dying.
4th place because I could not watch this trailer in the cinema because I started to cry while watching it (hence my crying moment above). I just hate to cry in front of people. Also the trailer doesn't show one thing what we saw in the movie - the lady lead was unlikable. I really, really, really disliked this character, I would never go for a drink with her. 

5. Fly daddy fly
The trailer looks strange. It is a trailer for the movie... but it doesn't look like one. More like a commercial (no idea of what but hey - they can advertise fitness or even cars here). Looks nicely but I don't know if I'd watch the movie after seeing this trailer.

12 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Sorry guys If I posted something misleading. I didn’t mean JG receive an offer. I only mean there is an upcoming role that I feel JG is the most suitable amongst Korean actors, if not the only.  I can only dream as a fan. :) 

Now be a good chingu and tell us what drama you had on your mind. payup-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862514

5 hours ago, astrantia said:

I want to introduce you to some posters for movie "18 May" (unforgettable movie for me, and I'm glad that JG acted in this film)

Oh thank you! But last 2 look more like pictures from some magazine than actual posters. Nevertheless I'm happy you shared. Thank you! 

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

I'm bringing many pillows then....

An armour would be better idea I think! :wink:

• Like 4