[Drama 2006] Seoul 1945 서울 1945

creidesca

Guest piano_lady

Hi Deb V! We meet again ;)

Yes, agree! Am only in ep15 and I can see that she is one fine actress! She played her part pretty well...

My guess was right. Her first love was Oon Hyuk and she became bitter towards to the lovebirds (based on the first few eps) because she was downright rejected by him...poor girl.

I really admire her determination and courage to follow Oon Hyuk to Russia!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest debratan
doesnt a new episode come out today and tomorrow...who uploads them?!?!...lol...hehe...this drama is pretty interesting...at first I was lke...ehhh...but then as it went on I started to get into it...and my parents are all into it..I guess it is like the only thing we share at this moment...lol...
I Think This Drama "Seoul 1945" is really Good! I try to watch it every weekend when it comes on. At first I wasn't all that into but then it got more interesting in the later episodes and now I'm hooked. :D
Agreed that the most difficult thing (IMO) is to get through the first few episodes, everytime I started to introduce it, the response is like "what?! 70+ episodes..forget it !!!For my mum, she struggled with Fashion 70's, and keep on pushing away Seoul 1945.
this is seriously one of the most underrated dramas of this year!! I generally don't take much interest in historical fiction dramas, but 류수영 & 한은정 have really good chemistry! I remember both 류수영 & 한은정 in the earlier years of their career, particularly their roles in 명랑소녀 성공기, and they've really grown a lot since then as actors! I was especially blown away by 한은정's performance as 개희. She's come a loooong way since 명랑소녀. She was the bratty spoiled rich girl who was after 장혁 whose acting I could barely tolerate. (And that is an understatement). I seriously didn't think she'd last... And 류수영 was some minor evil character that wasn't even worth remembering in 명랑소녀... Of course, since then, 류수영 has 18:29 under his belt so I'm not too surprised by his excellent performance as 최운혁, but 한은정, wow! I think this drama's awesome... both historically informative and has an interesting plot. Besides it's still retains that classic pure love story... 멋있는 사랑... a little more conservative and reserved because it's set back in the late 1950's era, that doesn't work too well in the contemporary social-setting paradigm.
I like RSY N HEJ in this drama, in fact I like RSY and her pairing the best of all RSY co-star. She is like getting quite a lot of critic, but I thought that she have improve alot (from SSBrightGirl, FullHse N WonderfulLife)
i love this drama! the acting is superb.. u actually feel like your back in time ..somewhat..
I even believe Oon Hyuk is real and once lived..
Hiya! I've searched everywhere for the subs but they are nowhere to be found. So since I really wanted to watch this series, got myself the DVD (which i just received today...yay!) and I am planning to rip 'em and make them available for everyone :) They will first be posted on ryusuyoung's unofficial veoh account. check out my siggy for the link!
Michelle, U mean it? kudos to U!! it take serious efforts..
It took a brave actress to play Moon Suk Kyung. It was hard to find anything likable about her character. At the Korean Drama Group she was affectionately referred to as "The Brat". :lol:
I have mentioned before, a lot of efforts can be seen putting into this drama, the production team and the casts..This is the only drama I have watched Soh Yoo Jin, n I thought she is good too..When I first come across the term "brat" as refers to her, I see it as a compliment. ;)

Guest piano_lady

Agreed that the most difficult thing (IMO) is to get through the first few episodes, everytime I started to introduce it, the response is like "what?! 70+ episodes..forget it !!!For my mum, she struggled with Fashion 70's, and keep on pushing away Seoul 1945.

I like RSY N HEJ in this drama, in fact I like RSY and her pairing the best of all RSY co-star. She is like getting quite a lot of critic, but I thought that she have improve alot (from SSBrightGirl, FullHse N WonderfulLife)

Hahaha..I know...I got the same reaction from my mom. But she's actually interested and is watching with me :D

Regarding HEJ, I honestly do not like her but now, I am warming up to her...She's RSY's girl in the drama so... :lol:

Michelle, U mean it? kudos to U!! it take serious efforts..

DT, yes, I am seriously considering this. Deb V and I will join forces! You can join us too, if you want! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh yes, please I am requesting our fellow posters to please use the spoiler tags...bitte...

Guest anachronista

Hi Deb V! We meet again ;)

My guess was right. Her first love was Oon Hyuk and she became bitter towards to the lovebirds (based on the first few eps) because she was downright rejected by him...poor girl.

I really admire her determination and courage to follow Oon Hyuk to Russia!

<_<Hmmmm. I'm not sure "courage" is the word for it. Suk Kyung's "love" for Oon Hyuk is a delusion. The only one she really loves is herself, aside from a rather immature and oversized adoration for her father. And besides, how healthy is it to be in love with a kid who abducted you and held you hostage? :wacko: This all becomes clearer with good subs.

As the drama unfolds, we see Suk Kyung doing things which range from foolishly impulsive (as in the case of the trip to Russia) to cruel to

reprehensible. She never seems to change or learn much from her experiences and often uses her "artisitic temperament" as an excuse. I

can't blame Oon Hyuk or anyone else for rejecting her. Ironically, she in turn constantly rejects her best match, Park Chang Ju, out of

pure snootiness. Also, she will swing back and forth between the men she "loves" like a deranged pendulum.

That may look like a harsh evaluation of the character, but I believe they meant to write her that way. Suh Yoo Jin did very well with the little they gave her to work with.

DT, you're right. the characters of Choi Oon Hyuk and Kim Hae Kyung were based on real people.

You can't help but like Han Eun Jung in this. It's a great role and she plays it so well. She's the other brave actress, because they never seem to put a single smudge of makeup on her, yet she still looks beautiful. :lol:

Guest piano_lady

<_<Hmmmm. I'm not sure "courage" is the word for it. Suk Kyung's "love" for Oon Hyuk is a delusion. The only one she really loves is herself, aside from a rather immature and oversized adoration for her father. And besides, how healthy is it to be in love with a kid who abducted you and held you hostage? :wacko: This all becomes clearer with good subs.

As the drama unfolds, we see Suk Kyung doing things which range from foolishly impulsive (as in the case of the trip to Russia) to cruel to

reprehensible. She never seems to change or learn much from her experiences and often uses her "artisitic temperament" as an excuse. I

can't blame Oon Hyuk or anyone else for rejecting her. Ironically, she in turn constantly rejects her best match, Park Chang Ju, out of

pure snootiness. Also, she will swing back and forth between the men she "loves" like a deranged pendulum.

That may look like a harsh evaluation of the character, but I believe they meant to write her that way. Suh Yoo Jin did very well with the little they gave her to work with.

Ahh...ok. Thanks for the clarification. I thought Oon Hyuk was her first love! Anyways, I am just at the beginning of the series and surely I will soon see her real character...

Oh, but I thought she hated her father when she overheard his conversation with Park Chang Ju (is he also called Kimura?) regarding Kee Hee's 'dismissal'. Isn't it the reason why she wanted to go to Japan right after her return from her "abduction"?

Good subs indeed make a difference! :lol:

Guest anachronista

Oh, but I thought she hated her father when she overheard his conversation with Park Chang Ju (is he also called Kimura?) regarding Kee Hee's 'dismissal'. Isn't it the reason why she wanted to go to Japan right after her return from her "abduction"?

Her feelings about her father are a whole other swinging pendulum.... <_< Something else that may not have come out because of bad subs is that when Suk Kyung ran off to Russia after Oon Hyuk,

she was engaged to Dong Woo! Baron Moon wanted people killed so that there would remain no witnesses to his

daughter disgracing herself.

Guest piano_lady

Uh...ok... So it's a love-hate relationship with her father then... :mellow:

The young actors in the first few epis are really good too! I particularly like the young Suk Kyung. She's just as snotty and bratty as the adult Suk Kyung. I also like the young Kee Hee. She's the young Bora in Snow Queen...

I just wished they had longer screen time :(

Guest anachronista

The young actors in the first few epis are really good too! I particularly like the young Suk Kyung. She's just as snotty and bratty as the adult Suk Kyung. I also like the young Kee Hee. She's the young Bora in Snow Queen...

I just wished they had longer screen time :(

Really agree with you about that! Every time hubby and I watch a Korean drama with child actors in it, we're always so impressed with how talented and cute they are. My hubby can't help but ask sometimes, "Are there any Korean kids that aren't cute?" :lol:

Guess I've picked on Suk Kyung a lot. :blush: You and DT will have to tell me what you think of Yi Dong Woo. Nice picture finds!

I wonder if RSY grew that beard in the second picture down......? I remember seeing it last time I watched that episode and thinking that it looked very real.

Guest piano_lady

Guess I've picked on Suk Kyung a lot. :blush: You and DT will have to tell me what you think of Yi Dong Woo. Nice picture finds!

I wonder if RSY grew that beard in the second picture down......? I remember seeing it last time I watched that episode and thinking that it looked very real.

Yi Dong Woo is the second lead, right? Well, he's next to Oon Hyuk in the cuteness level. I found him attractive when I first watched the series (esp with his cap on) :lol: Can't say much on the acting ability coz it's the first drama I've seen him in. But in S1945, he's doing really well...

Yes, I think the beard is real...Guess for now, we'll have to rely on photos... :D

Guest anachronista

I was really surprised to find out that Kim Ho Jin (Dong Woo) is 9 years older than RSY. I'd like to see something else that he's done as well. His role as Dong Woo gets a bit overshadowed by Oon Hyuk's. Oon Hyuk overcomes some difficulties and takes a lot of beatings in his life while Dong Woo has it rather comfortable --- for a while, anyway.

Guest piano_lady

I was really surprised to find out that Kim Ho Jin (Dong Woo) is 9 years older than RSY. I'd like to see something else that he's done as well. His role as Dong Woo gets a bit overshadowed by Oon Hyuk's. Oon Hyuk overcomes some difficulties and takes a lot of beatings in his life while Dong Woo has it rather comfortable --- for a while, anyway.

No...really?? He's 9 years older than RSY? Like born in 1970? Wow..he looks pretty young! I knew he was older than RSY but I didn't expect him to be that old! :lol:

Yeah, he was overshadowed by RSY...acting-wise (KHJ fans, don't strangle me!) ...

Haha...my mom has been bugging me about watching the series...I was a bit hectic in the weekend so we didn't watch it for 2 consecutive nights... but we won't miss it tonight :D

Guest debratan

I'm neutral with Dong Woo (Kim Ho Jin), I heard that he's quite good in "Yellow Handkerchief".

Actually I like the drama so much that I like almost all casts acting (except for a few).

I love Oon Hyuk, Kee Hee .. like Moon Suk Kyung, Dong Woo, Dong Woo's father, Moon Suk Kyung parent, uncle, Oon Hyuk parent, Kee Hee family N (surprise!! Park Chang Joo)

Guest piano_lady

Yes, the casts are good too! Even Park Chang Joo!

Here's some more photos...

rsysniper4-2-1.jpg

rsysniper2-1.jpg

rsy-uniform-2-1.jpg

Edit: Just watched episode 21 where the photos above were taken...and I should say that

RSY really looks good in uniform! :D

Guest anachronista

Actually I like the drama so much that I like almost all casts acting (except for a few).

I love Oon Hyuk, Kee Hee .. like Moon Suk Kyung, Dong Woo, Dong Woo's father, Moon Suk Kyung parent, uncle, Oon Hyuk parent, Kee Hee family N (surprise!! Park Chang Joo)

I thought the supporting cast was really excellent, too. Ke Hee's mother becomes a particular standout as the drama goes on. I had difficulty being able to tell Oon Hyuk's younger sister from Ke Hee's younger sister most of the time. Some of them I have seen playing comedy parts in other dramas, so their roles in this were very different. There was very, very little comedy in Seoul 1945. Looks like it was an extremely serious subject for a drama.

Just for fun, here's a couple of screencaps. Hope you like them.

yummyRSYscrencaps.jpg

Guest piano_lady

woah! macho RSY! oohh..i like the caps, Deb V! Thanx a bunch!

It already started snowing in Vienna last Sunday...then it's snowing today too..

I am reminded of OH making the Kee Hee snowlady :) maybe I'll make one too...but of OH :D

BTW, I have a question on the drama's location: Is that snowy place indeed Russia? Or maybe some ski resort in Korea?

Guest anachronista

BTW, I have a question on the drama's location: Is that snowy place indeed Russia? Or maybe some ski resort in Korea?

I don't know for sure but I would guess that it was Russia. There were too many Russians standing around in some of those scenes for it not to be. :D Also there were shots of what looked for all the world like the real St. Petersburg (then Leningrad). I bet hjrhe33 could find out for us. The only thing not quite right about that part of the drama is that it's doubtful that Russia in Stalin's time was that inviting, charming and well stocked with food. The people wouldn't have looked so well off, either. It was in the middle of World War II and the Germans were on their way.

Guest piano_lady

It could be anywhere in Europe. There were too many whites and the houses look European indeed. Or maybe they just gathered all the Russians in Korea, built a set and filmed the drama..hehe... :lol:

They were also saying that there was a war going on..but it didn't look like there was something happening at all...

Well, just one of the flaws of Seoul 1945 :D

Btw, is this a big-budgeted series?

Guest debratan

I didn't own an original so the snaps may not be sharp...

I am currently sourcing for original one.. found two .. both 71 epis but one in 26DVDs, the other 27DVDs.. I suppose that I should get the one with 27?

Snaps from epis 6 & 7..

I like Baron Moon because of his love for his brother N daughter

i1379246_uncle2.JPG

The two weakness of baron Moon

i1379248_uncle3.JPG

i1379249_SJ3.JPG

Baron Moon with Dong Woo's father, likes their mutual respect towards each other, the foe and friend relationship

i1379294_DW2.JPG

Suk-kyong is so pretty here, full of confidence.

i1379254_SJ4.JPG

Jo Young-eun (Dong-woo's governess) is another strong character which I like, especially when she is with Suk-kyong's mum.

i1379272_dw4.JPG

She is good at being bad!!

i1379278_sj6.JPG

One of my fav. scene, in the air-raid shelter

i1379312_OH3.JPG

OH holds SK when she falls

i1379392_OH5.JPG

i1379325_OH6.JPG

when OH heard of Ke Hee name

i1379331_OH10.JPG

i1379334_OH12.JPG

i1379336_OH15.JPG