[Drama 2006] Seoul 1945 서울 1945

creidesca

Guest anachronista

Watched epi 8 today.......

That was such a pretty song that Moon Dong Gi sang. I wonder what the name of it is and too bad the piano version wasn't included in the OST.

The conversation between Oon Hyuk and Park Chang Ju was very telling. It always seemed to me like

Oon Hyuk was a brilliant person whose life was ruined by the few rash acts he committed.

I might have to watch the next episode to find out if Oon Hyuk and Dong Woo went to the same schools. I think they might have gone to the same High School, and in 8 it mentions the "Imperial University". I know that some Koreans went to Japan to attend University, so not sure whether that was in Japan or Korea. Have to research that.

Glad you are joining us, ladii laetriice, a word of advice: keep your hankie box handy. :) You and snowprincess, please let us know which episode you are watching. :D I for one don't want to get too far ahead of anyone else.

Michelle, did you notice in the cast credits who did the theme music? ;)

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest piano_lady

i am a bit way ahead than everyone else...am about to start watching ep20. mom and i watched several episodes in the weekend coz we just couldn't help it :lol: but okies, i will wait for everyone...sowwweee!

deb v, i don't remember moon dong gi singing in ep08...hmm...which part was that?? anyways, i agree with you about choi oon hyuk...

oh yes, how can i miss the credits for the music? some of the music were done by Austrian orchestras - ORF and the Wiener Philharmonic ;-)

wah, hope that more people get to join in our discussions....

Guest anachronista

deb v, i don't remember moon dong gi singing in ep08...hmm...which part was that??

After Dong Gi got out of jail and saw his brother, he met with his students. It was at that meeting they asked him to sing the song.

I read up on the university thing. There was one (only one as far as I could find out) called Keijo Imperial University in Korea, established by the Japanese. Assuming that neither Oon Hyuk nor Dong Woo left the country for school, they would have attended the same one.

Guest piano_lady

After Dong Gi got out of jail and saw his brother, he met with his students. It was at that meeting they asked him to sing the song.

I read up on the university thing. There was one (only one as far as I could find out) called Keijo Imperial University in Korea, established by the Japanese. Assuming that neither Oon Hyuk nor Dong Woo left the country for school, they would have attended the same one.

Oh yes! I forgot about that one! You're right, he sang this nice song in his supposed farewell party...

Guess Oon Hyuk and Dong Wook did go to the same school after all. I vaguely remember the first few scenes of the adult Oon Hyuk...he was with the other guys and they were wearing this black uniform. Was Dong Woo there as well? I think it's in episode 6...?

So Dong Gi was the boys' teacher in high school or in university? I didn't quite catch that part....I just remember someone mentioned that Dong Gi was Dong Woo's grammar teacher...but Oon Hyuk's and the rest of the boys? Hmm...could be in university too, right? Ahh....am confused!

Guest anachronista

Guess Oon Hyuk and Dong Wook did go to the same school after all. I vaguely remember the first few scenes of the adult Oon Hyuk...he was with the other guys and they were wearing this black uniform. Was Dong Woo there as well? I think it's in episode 6...?

Correct. They exchanged greetings.

So Dong Gi was the boys' teacher in high school or in university? I didn't quite catch that part....I just remember someone mentioned that Dong Gi was Dong Woo's grammar teacher...but Oon Hyuk's and the rest of the boys? Hmm...could be in university too, right? Ahh....am confused!

Dong Gi was teacher to the whole bunch just in grammar school, I believe. (Remember when Oon Hyuk was cleaning the stove?) By episode 8 MDG had just spent three of his students' college years in prison and before that he had been out rabble rousing for a while.

Guest yume142

I have just started watching this series. I have always wanted to watch it but I never stumble upon the ones with Subs.. Thank you for sharing! I will watch this with great pleasure!

Guest debratan

I'm currently at epi 11.

Suddenly a thought come to my mind..

When does Park Chang Joo started to hate Oon Hyuk? All this while, he never have a liking for OH but at least at the beginnering of the drama, he have yet to hate OH to core

Seem that there a quite a few of us watching the drama now. It's actually alright for us to watch it at a different pace as I can always switch to and fro the epis.

Tks for Deb V and michelle, for taking time to put up the drama.

Everyone seem to be so into the detail of the drama. Can someone do me a favour?

I always want to "work out" how old Oon Hyuk is when he XX

Guest piano_lady

Suddenly a thought come to my mind..

When does Park Chang Joo started to hate Oon Hyuk? All this while, he never have a liking for OH but at least at the beginnering of the drama, he have yet to hate OH to core

As far as I can remember, Chang Ju started hating Oon Hyuk when he learned that

his lady love Suk-Kyung was attracted to Oon Hyuk

. Remember when Oon Hyuk and the rest of the "Dong-Gi" boys were arrested for assisting the escape of their mentor, only Oon Hyuk was beaten up so badly.When they were in jail, Chang Ju also witnessed Suk-Kyung's concern for Oon Hyuk when she asked her food to be given to Oon Hyuk.

Anyways, some photos of the brilliant young actors.

The Brat

photo30380.jpg

photo30384.jpg

photo30387.jpg

photo30408.jpg

photo30385.jpg

Ke Hee

photo30381.jpg

photo30513.jpg

photo30505.jpg

Oon Hyuk

photo30492.jpg

photo30386.jpg

photo30511.jpg

Son-Hee (Oon Hyuk's sister)

photo30391.jpg

Chang Ju

photo30379.jpg

Oon Hyuk's family

photo30382.jpg

Guest yume142

I have downloading the last few files.. from 11 to 15.. It says the file is temporarily unavailable.. will it be up again soon?

Guest piano_lady

I have downloading the last few files.. from 11 to 15.. It says the file is temporarily unavailable.. will it be up again soon?

Hi yume142! That's strange. They should be available. Lemme check!

Enjoy the series!

edit: the links are working fine ;)

Guest anachronista

Watched epi 10 today. Maybe it was a good thing that Oon Hyuk wasn't a judge for very long.

S1945judge.jpg

I can't think this outfit would have suited him very well...... :lol:

I liked the way Oon Hyuk's mom told off Suk Kyung and laid blame where it belonged, especially after Suk Kyung had gone around saying it was her uncle's fault.

You'll see how she just makes big messes wherever she goes.

:angry:

Guest piano_lady

--Poor Oon Hyuk was dragged into the mess that Dong-Gi was in. If it were not for Suk-Kyung, he wouldn't have known about the strike. I feel so sorry for his family who have never even tasted the fruit of Oon Hyuk's hardships.

But do you think Oon Hyuk would get involve in the strike willingly? He had a family to protect so he really didn't want to 'join' mentor Dong-Gi, right? Did he do what he did because he felt obliged to return the favor?

During Oon Hyuk's and Chul Yung's conversation (before OH headed to the mine to save Dong Gi), he mentioned that he had been struggling since he knew all along that Dong-Gi was fighting for a righteous cause yet he chose to ignored it because he wants to protect his family. However this time, though it's dangerous, he chose to help his mentor who's in trouble while paying back the favor to Suk-Kyung.

bscap0203.jpg

bscap0204.jpg

Watched epi 10 today. Maybe it was a good thing that Oon Hyuk wasn't a judge for very long.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r141/an.../S1945judge.jpg

I can't think this outfit would have suited him very well...... :lol:

I liked the way Oon Hyuk's mom told off Suk Kyung and laid blame where it belonged, especially after Suk Kyung had gone around saying it was her uncle's fault.

You'll see how she just makes big messes wherever she goes.

:angry:

Hahaha!! You're so right, Deb V! Choi Oon Hyuk would not look as good in that costume! :lol:

Yeah, serves Suk-Kyung right!

bscap0207.jpg

Suk-Kyung was so bold to openly admit to Dong Woo that she loves Oon Hyuk...

bscap0205-1.jpg

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

bscap0210.jpg

Guest piano_lady

yume142, please don't hesitate to share your thoughts on this with all of us ;)

let's keep this thread alive! it's really sad that this thread has only 10 pages...

anyways, more download links...

ep16 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NR5LPIFK

ep17 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MIQWM0KE

ep18 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0CNETTGT

ep19 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1L5M4VWQ

ep20 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OLD3X970

ep21 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DX2OOGDR

ep22 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JZYBOAMX

Seoul 1945 MU folder - http://www.megaupload.com/?f=8KT2MYQU

Guest Bootylicious92

THIS DRAMA WAS ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITEST ONE...IT WAS ALSO SOOO SAD WHEN OON-HYUK'S FAMILY MEMBERS WERE DYING....LIKE HIS BEST FRIEND FOR EXAMPLE....BUT ALTOGETHER IT WAS A GOOD DRAMA.....IT REALLY SHOWED WHAT HAPPENED BACK THEN IN KOREA....

Guest Ishida21

Big shock :o

I always hope to see Seoul 45 a day (by buying DVD ^^), and now I see that ^^

Big thank you, piano lady, thanks to you, i will watch first episode in few minutes.

Again, thank you :wub:

Archived