Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

Kim Tae Hee, Lee Kyu Hyung, And More Create A Family Bond On The Set Of “Hi Bye, Mama”

fd0978347a1443b7a3afb656baabb3bb.jpeg?s=

Read and see more pictures here:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383047wpp/kim-tae-hee-lee-kyu-hyung-and-more-create-a-family-bond-on-the-set-of-hi-bye-mama

The latest teaser.

Kim Tae Hee Prepares Thoughtful Valentine’s Day Gifts For Staff Of Her New Drama

fbbdcbe7e7de42db94f7209d01a601b2.jpeg?s=

Please read here:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383124wpp/kim-tae-hee-prepares-thoughtful-valentines-day-gifts-for-staff-of-her-new-drama

Kim Tae Hee gifts over 200 staff members of tvN's 'Hi Bye, Mama' with chocolates for Valentine's

1581730110-20200214-kimtaehee.jpg

Please read here:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/02/kim-tae-hee-gifts-over-200-staff-members-of-tvns-hi-bye-mama-with-chocolates-for-valentines

On 2/15/2020 at 4:43 PM, Nancyzak said:

Hi Nancyzak, thanks for sharing this. Despite of her busy schedule because of her drama she used her busy time to purchase chocolates and ribbons to wrap them up during Red Day in Korea. And she gave them to all staff members on the set of the drama including supporting actors and bus drivers as well. Usually, many girls / women can receive chocolate from their boyfriends. But in Korea, women give sweets to men on Valentine’s Day. Is this cliché? If you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day in Korea, you may be surprised at how different it is. Traditionally it is men who get the gifts and women who give them. If your man is Korean, (just like me - hehehe) he may expect you to give him chocolates. It's even better if the chocolates are custom-made confections that feature his initials or if you personally made them. :lol:

14 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Nancyzak, thanks for sharing this. Despite of her busy schedule because of her drama she used her busy time to purchase chocolates and ribbons to wrap them up during Red Day in Korea. And she gave them to all staff members on the set of the drama including supporting actors and bus drivers as well. Usually, many girls / women can receive chocolate from their boyfriends. But in Korea, women give sweets to men on Valentine’s Day. Is this cliché? If you plan to celebrate Valentine's Day in Korea, you may be surprised at how different it is. Traditionally it is men who get the gifts and women who give them. If your man is Korean, (just like me - hehehe) he may expect you to give him chocolates. It's even better if the chocolates are custom-made confections that feature his initials or if you personally made them. :lol:

Hi @willenette, that’s nice to know the recipients of KTH’s chocolates. Oh yes, I learnt that in SK, at least, it’s the guys who gets gifts from the girls on Valentine’s Day, whereas on White Day (which is about a month later, if my memory serves me right) it’s the other way round. I certainly agree with you. Personalised gifts are extra special for the extra effort and personal touch! :lol:

4 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Hi @willenette, that’s nice to know the recipients of KTH’s chocolates. Oh yes, I learnt that in SK, at least, it’s the guys who gets gifts from the girls on Valentine’s Day, whereas on White Day (which is about a month later, if my memory serves me right) it’s the other way round. I certainly agree with you. Personalised gifts are extra special for the extra effort and personal touch! :lol:

Hi Nancyzak, White Day is celebrated annually on March 14th. This is a day opposite to Valentine’s Day. That's when it's payback time. Men who received chocolates from their love partners on Valentines Day usually pay them back on White Day with candy instead of chocolates. . Japan, Taiwan and China also celebrate this… I read that “White Day” was started by the Japanese confectionery industry association. Every year, it seems, there are people in the media who bash it as one of the most overly commercialized commemorative days in Korea. “White Day” may have been predestined to be commercialized to some extent. :lol:

3 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Nancyzak, White Day is celebrated annually on March 14th. This is a day opposite to Valentine’s Day. That's when it's payback time. Men who received chocolates from their love partners on Valentines Day usually pay them back on White Day with candy instead of chocolates. . Japan, Taiwan and China also celebrate this… I read that “White Day” was started by the Japanese confectionery industry association. Every year, it seems, there are people in the media who bash it as one of the most overly commercialized commemorative days in Korea. “White Day” may have been predestined to be commercialized to some extent. :lol:

@willenette, personally it is over commercialization to me. :lol: I think it all depends on the society. I understand that in South Korea, there is one kind of celebration for each month, for the whole year. It seems to me, the theme of romance, love and friendship is huge there. :lol:

55 minutes ago, Nancyzak said:

@willenette, personally it is over commercialization to me. :lol: I think it all depends on the society. I understand that in South Korea, there is one kind of celebration for each month, for the whole year. It seems to me, the theme of romance, love and friendship is huge there. :lol:

Nancyzak, it is indeed! Actually the 14th of every month is a holiday in SK aside from the main holidays. They are (12) romantic celebrations. Chuseok is the biggest one, though among them all.  :lol:

• Like 1

Kim Tae-hee returns to small screen as ghost mom in ‘Hi Bye, Mama!’

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200218000860

Kim Tae Hee reveals why she chose 'Hi Bye, Mama' as comeback drama after 5 years

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/02/kim-tae-hee-reveals-why-she-chose-hi-bye-mama-as-comeback-drama-after-5-years

Actress Kim Tae-hee returns with fantasy comedy drama after 5-yr hiatus

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200218007300315