Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

*** "Hi Bye, Mama!" marks four years since its release on February 22. One of the standout aspects of the series is its lack of traditional villains. Moreover, Hi Bye, Mama! tackles existential themes such as the fear of death and the longing for closure. The ghosts' inability to let go and the characters' struggles with saying goodbye is the reality that goodbyes are often painful and messy.   :heart1:

1980338056_copy-of-cms-lead-image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

*** On March 2nd, Korean-American actor Daniel Dae Kim posted a photo on his Instagram account with the caption, “Welcome to ‘Butterfly’. I’m glad Kim Tae-hee is here”. Kim Tae-hee met with him ahead of her Hollywood entrance with the drama “Butterfly” The photo shows him sitting next to Kim Tae-hee and actor-director Masahiro Sakurai. The three of them were smiling while eating together. The new series “Butterfly” will be produced by Amazon Prime Video in Hollywood. Kim Tae-hee’s character in “Butterfly” has not been revealed, but she will act using English throughout this drama.   :kaching3:

kim-tae-hee-1-030224.webp

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20240302n09705

The Best Dispatch-Revealed Celebrity Couples Of All Time, Ranked

Some of these celebrities have broken up while others are still going strong.

“Couple reveals” has become synonymous with the Korean news outlet Dispatch. Dispatch has a long history of announcing celebrity couples on New Year’s Day, but also throughout the year. Some of these lovebirds are still together, while others have broken up, but who is the best Dispatch-revealed couple ever? You voted. These are the top 10 results:

5. Rain and Kim Tae Hee

Unlike most couples on this list, Rain and Kim Tae Hee are still together. They have been married for seven years. With 4% of the vote (150 votes), they earned the 5th spot.

kim-tae-hee-and-rain-00

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/news/nct-mark-viral-honest-reaction-fan-young-age/

Best Korean Films About Horses

When we talk about horse movies, we can safely say that this isn't a very saturated niche. There aren't many horse racing movies being produced, at least not compared to other themes, like superheroes.

But if we add an additional filter and include only Korean movies about horses, the selection becomes even more narrow.

It's safe to say that there are only a few movies that are actually made around horses. However, many others include horse elements, that might not be the main subject of the movie but are still enough to fuel your equestrian passion.

So, whether you are a seasonal horse racing bettor, someone who loves horses, or someone who appreciates human's most loyal companions, these are some of the Korean movies that might be worth the watch.

Horse Culture in Korea

Most people don't know but horses are actually well embedded in Korea's history and way of life. Korea has the Jeju horse, which is a breed native to Jeju Island, and it is a horse with incredible stamina, endurance, and ability to thrive in the island's harsh conditions without horseshoes.

Even nowadays, this breed is used for racing and riding, which showcases their shift from traditional roles to farm and draft horses.

Horse riding has been a crucial aspect of Korean culture for thousands of years. The roots go back to the Koguryo period ( BC 277 - AD 668), where horsemanship was really important when selecting talents.

Today, this tradition is kept alive with a renewed enthusiasm for horse riding sweeping across the country, demonstrated through the establishment of riding clubs and the annual national amateur riders' competition.

South Korea also has a decent horse racing culture with many horse races across the year. While it might not be as popular as the 2024 Kentucky Derby picks in the USA, there is still plenty of horse racing action in the country.

Korean Horse Movies

So, since Korea has a rich history with horses, this means that we can find a lot of equestrian movies, right? - Wrong.

The selection is limited, but let's go through some of them that contain the most horse elements.

photo1786813.jpg

"Grand Prix"

This is probably one of the rare movies that focuses on horse racing in Korea. And one of the rare movies to feature a female rider as the main star.

The plot of "Grand Prix" revolves around a girl's quest to become Korea's first notable female rider. Seo  Joo-hee has a breakdown with her favorite horse during a race and must overcome her emotions to return to the track and fight for her ambition. There is also a romance in the plot with a male jockey named Woo-Seok.

The Korean Racing Authority (KRA) is backing the film, which is a wise decision for Korean horse racing. This is not only good for the sport but for the entire horse culture in Korea.

The movie features beautiful and really talented actors, which makes it the perfect watch for the younger generations.

This is a good thing since youngsters need to carry the horse passion into the future.

source : https://www.hancinema.net/best-korean-films-about-horses-175679.html

• 4 weeks later...

*** On April 3rd, Kim Mi Kyung posted a photo along with the caption, “Happy belated birthday to Taehui. Our time always flies twice as fast. Good friends regardless of age.”  In the photo, Kim Mi Kyung is smiling and posing with a cake alongside Kim Tae Hee and colleagues. Kim Tae Hee celebrated her birthday on March 29th of last month. Heartwarming friendship is evident. In an interview last January, Kim Mi Kyung mentioned about Kim Tae Hee, saying, “She has a straightforwardness and simplicity that doesn’t seem like a top star.”   :cutekitty:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5RGPO7rcGq/?hl=en

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

*** Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kim Tae Hee!    :heart:   :kicks:

b8121779858b64bb236641f58a9977b1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

*** On April 19, Kim Ji Hoon’s agency announced that Kim Ji Hoon is set to join Amazon Prime’s upcoming series “Butterfly” alongside Kim Tae Hee and Park Hae Soo! Comprising six episodes, the series is set in Korea. Kim Tae Hee's role has yet to be revealed. Wait & see..........  This is also a good watch because of Kim Ji Hoon.  :Twerkdatbutt:

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/311/0001716480

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Ji Hoon Joins Kim Tae Hee And Park Hae Soo In Upcoming American Series "Butterfly"

20240419084804_Kim-Ji-Hoon-Kim-Tae-Hee-P

Kim Ji Hoon is set to join Amazon Prime’s upcoming series “Butterfly” alongside Kim Tae Hee and Park Hae Soo!

On April 19, Kim Ji Hoon’s agency Big Picture ENT announced, “Kim Ji Hoon has been confirmed to appear in the new Amazon Prime series ‘Butterfly.'”

Based on the graphic novel of the same name, “Butterfly” tells the story of David Jung (Daniel Dae Kim), a mysterious former U.S. intelligence agent whose life is shattered by a choice he makes and who is caught up in the past, chasing and being chased by the current agent Rebecca, who has been ordered to kill him.

The spy thriller series will also be produced by Daniel Dae Kim.

Comprising six episodes, the series is set in Korea. Earlier in January, it was confirmed that Kim Tae Hee and Park Hae Soo would be part of the cast. However, the specific roles they will portray have yet to be revealed.

Stay tuned for more updates!

credit : soompi news

*** On April 18, RAIN uploaded a new episode of his YouTube show 'Season B Season', featuring actors Kim Moo Yul and Park Ji-hwan from the upcoming movie 'The Roundup: Punishment'. Here, he shared how he feels when he sees his children. In the episode, RAIN also revealed that he and Kim Moo Yul attended the same high school. "We were 17 when we first met. I think this is the first time in 25 years that we are doing something together.", RAIN recalled, and added that they went out as a dance duo on a talent show in their first year of school and won first place. When RAIN asked the guests about their plans for this year, Kim Moo Yul said he was planning to take a short break. "I happened to have been busy with projects for a while, so I'm going to take a short break and have plenty of good times with my little one.", Kim Moo Yul, who recently welcomed his first child with his wife, actress Yoon Seung Ah, explained; "That's so sweet.", RAIN expressed. He also commented referring to his 2-daughters, "Sometimes, I'm completely amazed. It's like, 'How can this child be mine?', or, 'I already have kids?'." He also shared that he is attending his child's sports day in school on May 1, which delighted his long-time friend. As Kim Moo Yul excitedly asked what kind of games would be there on the sports day, RAIN answered, "I'm not sure yet, but I'm participating in a race.", which made his friend laugh out loud. Kim Moo Yul teasingly said, "As far as I remember, RAIN is not a good runner. He had an impressive level of strength but was terrible at something like ball games." "Let's wait and see until your child becomes a 10-year-old as well. You'll be older than I am now at that point!", RAIN playfully retorted.    :emmm:

201922423_700.webp

source : (SBS Star)

• 2 weeks later...

20 Top Korean Actors And Actresses Who Are Even Prettier When You See Them IRL

Press pictures aren’t necessary for them.

If you thought these actors and actresses look stunning on the screen, wait until you see them in real life! Check out 20 male and female Korean celebrities who will blow your mind with their “IRL” visuals below.

1. Kim Tae Hee

source : Koreaboo

• 2 weeks later...

Mother’s Day 2024: The Good Bad Mother’s Ra Mi Ran, Hi Bye, Mama!’s Kim Tae Hee, and more: K-drama moms who redefined motherhood on-screen

Let's celebate Mother's Day 2024 by revising the best K-drama moms who have taught us valuable lessons about motherhood.

1794868560_the-good-bad-mother_202405.jp

Korean dramas never shy away from offering views with a diverse range of genres., be it, rom-com, sports, thriller, or horror. However, one thing that is always bound to leave a lingering impression is family-related stories, especially the ones with mothers-children bonds. Over the years, many popular K-dramas have blessed us with so many great on-screen moms, who make us check up on our own mothers. From Ra Mi Ran’s character in The Good Bad Mother to Kim Sun Young in Reply 1988, these mothers have not only showcased the utmost love for their kids but also redefined motherhood. 

Celebrating Mother's Day 2024 with 7 best K-drama moms

On May 11, 2024, as the annual Mother’s Day knocks at our door, let’s revisit some inspiring on-screen moms who will show us the sacrifices they make for their children. 

Kim Tae Hee in Hi Bye, Mama!

Hi Bye, Mama! is a bittersweet drama that explores a mother’s reunion with her child. Kim Tae Hee portrays Cha Yu Ri, a ghost woman who gets to live once again but only for 49 days. When she returns to her daughter, she takes a second chance at her bond with the little kid. However, things become complicated, when her 49 days are over. 

This drama is one of the best out there and shows us the emotional complexions all mothers must deal with throughout their lives.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/mothers-day-2024-the-good-bad-mothers-ra-mi-ran-hi-bye-mamas-kim-tae-hee-and-more-k-drama-moms-who-redefined-motherhood-on-screen-1303973

Korean Celebrity Couples Who Aren't Afraid to Show Affection Publicly: Lim Ji Yeon, RAIN, More

Since South Koreans tend to be more reserved when it comes to publicly displaying their affection towards their loved ones, these K-drama celebrities are unafraid to show love towards their partners.

From simple holding hands to expressing their love through words, they truly depict real-life #couplegoals, especially to fans.

Check out these Korean celebrity couples who proudly expressed their love in the most romantic and subtle way.

RAIN and Kim Tae Hee

Kim Tae Hee and Rain

Top stars RAIN and Kim Tae Hee never fail to prove their couple's status to fans through their interviews.

Although they keep their private lives away from the spotlight, the singer-actor often mentions his wife's name in various interviews.

Among which is an episode of the Netflix variety show "The Hungry and the Hairy," where RAIN joins fellow stars Honey Lee and Noh Hong Chul as cast members.

The "Full House" star revealed the unique story that made him fall in love with Kim Tae Hee.

According to him, it was all because of socks. RAIN shared that stylists usually change the artist's clothes, even their socks. However, during the commercial shoot where he and the actress are both involved, RAIN was surprised at how down to earth the actress is despite her celebrity status.

He revealed that his wife didn't mind kneeling down to change her own socks.

Interestingly, another rare PDA moment between RAIN and Kim Tae Hee was behind-the-scenes of their CF for La Cloud Beds.

Although the scene required them to lean towards each other, the couple was spotted holding hands during the shoot break.

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/134359/20240515/korean-celebrity-couples-who-arent-afraid-to-show-affection-publicly-lim-ji-yeon-rain.htm

Rain Opens Up About His ‘Destiny’ with Kim Tae Hee on ‘Jo Hyunah’s Thursday Night’

rain.png

Rain expressed his deep affection for his wife, actress Kim Tae Hee, during a recent appearance on the YouTube channel “Jo Hyunah’s Thursday Night.”

Host Jo Hyunah remarked, “Earning a hundred billion won and marrying Kim Tae Hee—Rain managed to do both. I never imagined he’d marry someone like her. Top stars meeting like this seems like fate.”

Rain responded, “I had no plans to get married. I wasn’t thinking about marriage at all. But when I saw my wife, I heard that ‘destiny’ from the movie. We weren’t each other’s types. But when I went to shoot a commercial with her, she was so polite. I kept hearing her voice. I was fixing my makeup, and I kept hearing her voice talking from far away.”

He continued, “The moment I was really drawn to her was during the catering service at the shoot. I was getting the food when I suddenly heard her voice next to me, and she was serving herself food. She took twice as much as I did.

She was loading up on beef and ribs. Then she handed it to her manager. At that moment, I felt like this was my last chance given from above. I thought, ‘I want to marry this woman. I could give up my existence for her.'”

Rain also revealed the matching necklace he wore, saying, “I’m getting butterflies” when talking about Kim Tae Hee.

Rain married Kim Tae Hee in 2017, and the couple has two daughters.

source : https://tenasia.hankyung.com/article/2024052400054

*** On May 28 episode of SBS POWER FM's radio show "Cultwo Show," RAIN appeared and shared some fun stories. Here, RAIN recalled losing a fathers-children race at his daughter's school. RAIN said, "Ever since I was young, I thought that if I had a child, I would definitely attend all their sports days and special events. I even worked out hard to be a cool dad. I recently attended my daughter's sports day, and our team lost a fathers-children race. Appearance-wise, however, anyone would have thought we were the winning team because we had Baek Z Young's husband, Jung Suk Won, and Jang Yoon Ju's husband on our team. And we were all big guys. Jung Suk Won even used to be in the special forces. The kids and adults were doing baton relays, and we were actually winning. But then one of the fathers ended up falling. I'm going to have to stop here though," he added with a laugh. We lost the relay, but we did win the tug-of-war. So, in terms of pride, I think it was 1:1. We were good at games that required a lot of strength."  As listeners continued to wonder who fell during the race, RAIN said, "I can tell you that I wasn't the one who fell. But I'll make no further comment. It could be rude to the person who did. It was one of the two. That's all I can tell you," chuckling.   :heart2:

201938033_700.webp

201938031_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** On May 30, RAIN uploaded a new episode of his YouTube show featuring his gourmet tour in Italy. Here, RAIN expressed his love for his family, saying he will do whatever it takes for them. While RAIN and the show's producers were enjoying their meal, one producer asked RAIN about his favorite country among all the places he had traveled to. RAIN answered, "Korea is the best place to travel, in my opinion, especially Jeju Island, Ulleungdo, Seosan City, Dangjin City, and Busan City. I also enjoy visiting Hong Kong, the United States, Japan, and Thailand." "I was expecting a European country.", the producer commented, "But when I think about it, it seems you never had the chance to enjoy the experience of traveling in Europe. You must have always been here for work." He nodded and said, "That's why this is the most precious moment of this trip. Today is a moment in time that will never return." When RAIN heard about one of the male producers there getting married next year, he congratulated him. "I believe that a true man is someone who, when he has lost everything, can put aside his pride and kneel before anyone to support his family.", RAIN remarked; one producer agreed, "Absolutely. I completely agree." "You never know what might happen in the future. Even if I fail anytime in the future, I'll start from the ground up all over again. I'll do it no matter what it is.", RAIN said, then added, "When you have family, you'll do whatever it takes." He then asked the groom-to-be to make a promise; "Once your baby is born, you must remind yourself, 'Me as myself no longer exist.'. You have to forget about yourself. The person who makes the most sacrifices in a family is the mother who gives birth to a child. Who should take care of a mother's stress and problems? A father. It's just wrong to think that taking care of a baby is only a mother's responsibility. Fathers should help mothers with that.", RAIN said, emphasizing that husband and wife should work together to raise a

child.    :hypehype:

201939480_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** Rain rarely speaks about Kim Tae Hee at length, but he did so in an interview with Jo Hyun Ah on her YouTube channel. It’s cool that he acknowledged that though they weren’t each other’s ideal type at first, they still ended up falling in love and getting married. I’m glad that they are still together.    :cutekitty:

*** Rain has shared for the first time the love story between him and his wife, Kim Tae-hee. During an appearance on the Shin Dong-yup's YouTube channel. It was during a commercial shoot that he first encountered Kim Tae-hee. Rain confessed that he didn't initially see her as his type, and interestingly, she felt the same way about him. When he first expressed interest, she told him she preferred handsome men and outright rejected him, saying he wasn't her type. Not discouraged, Rain obtained her phone number and called her, suggesting they have a meal together, but she repeatedly declined. Rain recalled, "At that time, when she kept refusing, it kindled a competitive spirit in me. I thought, 'Why not? I am also a decent person.' I even tried using my upcoming military service as a leverage, asking if we could meet before I enlisted, but she still said no." However, about a year later, while on military leave, Rain accidentally sent her a text message, which led to a change in their dynamics. He took the moment to ask her out again, suggesting they meet for a meal while he was on leave. This time, she agreed, marking the beginning of their relationship. Rain is really persistent. I guess Kim Tae Hee liked his being persistent. “When he first expressed interest, Kim told him she preferred handsome men and outright rejected him…” - I think this is the reason why Kim Tae Hee hit him on the back after this was said on the video............. Or was this loosely translated?  I'm happy it worked out for them. Also, I think one of the reasons she rejected him is because that time Rain's name is rumored to be dating a lot of celebrities but no confirmation, though. I am really happy he never gave up on her. It is the persistent one that wins the race. Their love story is adorable.  

:hypehype:

1717423182-0003837713-002-20240603190308

photos source : allkpop

Rain Shares the Humorous Beginnings of His Romance with Kim Tae Hee

rain.png

Rain opened up about how he started dating his wife, actress Kim Tae Hee, sharing some humorous anecdotes along the way. Initially, Kim Tae Hee turned him down, stating her preference for handsome men.

In a video released on June 3rd on the YouTube channel “Zzanbro,” hosted by Shin Dong Yup, Rain discussed his journey to marrying Kim Tae Hee. Reflecting on their first meeting, Rain said, “I went to a commercial shoot, and Kim Tae Hee was there. I thought she was quite different from me. She wasn’t my style.”

Shin Dong Yup chimed in, suggesting that Rain might not have been Kim Tae Hee’s type either, to which Rain agreed, “That’s 100% true. When I first approached her, she said that she likes handsome guys and told me, ‘You’re not my style.'”

Despite the initial rejection, Rain decided to get her phone number and call her. “I couldn’t resist. I wanted her number, so I got it and called her. When I said it was Rain, she asked why I was calling. I suggested having a meal together, and she responded, ‘Why should we?’ She refused. My competitive spirit kicked in. I hung up and thought about it, and I got angry. So, I called again. And she still said no,” he recounted.

A year later, while on leave from military service, Rain accidentally texted Kim Tae Hee, thinking he was messaging g.o.d.’s Kim Tae Woo. Rain had a habit of slightly altering friends’ names when saving them on his phone, so he had saved Kim Tae Hee’s number as “Kim Tae Soo.” This serendipitous mistake gave him another chance to suggest a meal, which Kim Tae Hee finally accepted.

source : https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20240603_0002759668&cID=10601&pID=10600

*** Also, during his appearance on Shin Dong Yup's YouTube channel to promote his drama comeback, "Red Swan," he recalled his life being with his mother. RAIN talked about the two most important women in his life, his wife Kim Tae Hee and his late mother. He recalled the final moments with his mother and how he thinks it was connected to being Kim Tae Hee's husband. He admitted that he felt "regret" whenever he recalled his mother. He said, "I wish I could at least treat my mother to food with the money I earned." He was living life in poverty as a kid and starving for multiple days because they have no food at home. RAIN also thought that his mother led him to meet his wife, Kim Tae Hee. "She is helping me. She made me have such a good wife and a happy family."    :yaaa:

rain.png?w=820

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/134587/20240604/rain-shares-how-late-mother-helped-him-meet-kim-tae-hee.htm

*** Also, during RAIN appearance in Shin Dongyeop's YouTube talk show he mentioned their 8-year-old and 6-year-old daughters.He said, "When asked when I am happiest, I say it's when I'm at home. We have two king-sized beds pushed together. I sleep with my daughters on either side of me. My older daughter is on my right, and my younger daughter is on my left. In those moments, I have nothing I envious of in the world.They are my everything." Rain also shared a playful conversation with his wife, Kim Taehee: "I asked her, 'If you had to save someone, who would it be between our older daughter, our younger daughter, and me?' Without hesitation, she chose our daughters. I told her, 'I would save you first.'"   :happydance:

20240604_230820_136_in%20yt2.jpg

source : Gstarlive