Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

*** Episode 6 of "Lies Hidden in My Garden"  delves into the mysterious death of Yoon Ga Yi (played by Lee Su Min) and the chaos she brought to Joo Ran’s (Kim Tae Hee) family. It was none other than Park Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh) who killed the runaway high school girl. In the show, Seung Je confesses to Joo Ran, saying, “Mom, I saw it all. I saw Dad kill Lee Su Min.” He reveals that Yoon Ga Yi was still alive even after being taken to the closet. However, the scene switches to Jae Ho moving her to the front yard, where he strangles her. She tragically passes away while desperately watching Seung Je on the second floor. In episode 6, Kim Tae Hee discovers her husband’s true face.   :cheers:

Lies-Hidden-in-My-Garden-1-1344x1536.jpg

0000958431_001_20230704232805565.png?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=468&aid=0000958431

*** Time flies so fast - With only 2 episodes left before the drama ends. As of July 6th, the novel, originally released in 2018 has been ranked 9th in the weekly bestseller category in bookstores in Korea. According to the author, the ending of the drama will be done in a different way than the novel. The next episode of 'Lies Hidden in My Garden' will air at 10 P.M KST on July 10th.   :heart3:

20230706_044430_241_rden1.jpeg

4 Shocking Twists In Episodes 5-6 Of “Lies Hidden In My Garden” That Have Us On Edge

20230708021853_kim-tae-hee-cha-sung-jae.

It’s wild to think that we’re only a week away from the finale of “Lies Hidden In My Garden.” This show has been hurtling toward the finish, which promises to be explosive if this week’s revelations are anything to go by. This is one of those rare shows that could have benefited from being longer because there’s just so much to unpack here. Here are this week’s most shocking twists that have us on edge for the finale!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 5-6 below.

1. Park Jae Ho was not involved with Lee Soo Min

It turns out that Park Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh) isn’t actually a cheating scumbag, but he is a scumbag of a different variety. Moon Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee) and Choo Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon) meet with Lee Soo Min’s (Yoon Ga Yi’s) pimp, who has no clue about where she is but does provide enough information to exonerate Jae Ho. His coworkers and bosses had no issue with underage prostitution, so Jae Ho had no choice but to accompany them on their trips, but he never engaged and left as soon as he could. It bothered Soo Min’s pimp to no end that they couldn’t get blackmail material on him, so they tried to stage a scene.

kim-sung-oh-yoon-ga-yi.jpgyoon-ga-yi.jpg

They had Soo Min jump out in front of Jae Ho’s car in an attempt to get him out and frame him as soliciting Soo Min. Jae Ho does get out, which is when Soo Min’s pimp snaps the incriminating picture that has haunted Joo Ran. But Jae Ho does something unexpected. He whispers something in Soo Min’s ear. Something that leaves her shaken. Then he just drives off without a care. Perhaps things would have been very difficult if Jae Ho hadn’t said anything at all and merely left the scene. But he didn’t, and what he unleashed in Soo Min in that moment changed everything. 

2. Sang Eun seems to have killed Yoon Beom

Spoiler

kim-tae-hee-lim-ji-yeon-1.jpg

The pimp mentions that Soo Min refused to mention what Jae Ho had told her, which leaves Sang Eun at a dead end. What’s worse, Joo Ran’s furious with her because it’s looking like her husband is innocent. She tries to accuse Sang Eun of dragging her on a wild-goose chase to solicit money from her, but Sang Eun refuses to bear the blame. She points out that Joo Ran came to her. She could have gone to her husband with her suspicions but sought out a stranger instead. She tells Joo Ran that if she had this much faith in her husband, she should have gone to him from the start instead of coming to her. Joo Ran trembles at that, and Sang Eun laughs, realizing that Joo Ran actually doesn’t trust herself. That hits a nerve, and Joo Ran slaps her.

be1d8c4c64ddb87ee99ec67d669ecfaf048f539f.gifv

f2c7379175ec7efe62c78f0022e83ca86405b013.gifv

d05e04564bdabc6ff5a0bd754554ee1c37f6d167.gifv

The women part on a sour note, and worse, it looks like Sang Eun actually is pregnant now. She’d been faking it at first, but it’s real after all. Still, Joo Ran isn’t without a heart because when Sang Eun collapses, Joo Ran discreetly takes care of her hospital fees. But Sang Eun’s got bigger problems. Her landlady’s about to evict her, the case of her husband Kim Yoon Beom (Choi Jae Rim) is about to be closed as suicide instead of murder, which means she won’t get any payouts from his numerous life insurance policies, and it’s looking a lot like she killed him. Sang Eun keeps flashing back to drugging Yoon Beom on the night of his death and driving his car to a lake. She swapped him back into the driver’s seat and pushed him and the car into the lake, where he was found. If Yoon Beom wasn’t dead beforehand, and if there’s nothing we’re missing here, then Sang Eun truly did kill him. But what took her from a woman patiently collecting evidence to arrest him to one who killed him? The show doesn’t answer that this week, but we sure get all the answers Joo Ran wanted.

kim-tae-hee-2.jpg

3. Seung Jae confessing that he smelled what Joo Ran did

Joo Ran’s first thought upon returning home is to come clean to Jae Ho and apologize. He’s furious that she’s been digging into him behind his back and explains away his departure the night Yoon Beom died as visiting his sick parents. In true gaslighting fashion, he pins it all on Joo Ran, saying that he even has to visit his parents in secret from her because she’s sooo unstable. This man is a walking red flag. Yet, Joo Ran still falls over her feet trying to accommodate him, much to the visible disgust of her son Park Seung Jae (Cha Sung Jae). Just like his father, Seung Jae blames Joo Ran for not fighting harder against what she’s told by him and Jae Ho. While Joo Ran tries to figure out what he means, he storms off.

kim-tae-hee-3.jpgcha-sung-jae-1.jpg

But Joo Ran’s doubts aren’t so easily assuaged. When she finds one of Soo Min’s super cute 3D flowers from her phone case in her home, Joo Ran knows that Soo Min’s been here. She digs in the backyard like a crazy woman and refuses to let it go when Jae Ho tries to gaslight her. When Seung Jae arrives on the scene, he also snaps and yells that he smelled the same smell that Joo Ran did. Jae Ho finally crumbles, and the ugly truth comes out.

cha-sung-jae.jpg

That day in the parking lot, Jae Ho looked at Soo Min like she was dirt and told her that things like her should never have been born. Soo Min, at 15, simply couldn’t get that out of her head. It shook her bad enough to want revenge. So she targeted Seung Jae, pretending to be a classmate and inviting herself to his home. Having no idea, Seung Jae let her in. Then, Soo Min turned ugly, lying that she had slept with his father and was pregnant and about to become his stepmother. It’s worth noting that Seung Jae believed her really easily. He tries to make her leave, but she refuses, and without thinking, he shoves her down the stairs. He thinks he’s killed her. Jae Ho comes home right then and shoves Soo Min’s body in Seung Jae’s closet. The boy literally sleeps with a dead woman in his room the whole night. The next day, Jae Ho buried her in the backyard. It was her body Joo Ran found before Jae Ho moved the corpse to a ravine, where the police discovered it.

kim-sung-oh.jpg

4. Soo Min’s real killer unmasked

Joo Ran’s in shock as Jae Ho yells that he did this for their family—for Seung Jae. Joo Ran wants to take her son to the police for him to confess because she knows that this secret is ruining Seung Jae. But Jae Ho refuses—only he doesn’t have a choice because Seung Jae secretly moves out that night. Joo Ran’s neighbor and ally Oh Hae Soo (Jung Woon Sun) tips her off, and Joo Ran races to him, saying that she’ll protect him. But Seung Jae reveals that Jae Ho didn’t give her the entire truth.

kim-tae-hee-1-1.jpg

It turns out that Soo Min didn’t die from her fall down the stairs. The next morning, right before Seung Jae was about to head to school, he found that Soo Min was alive. Seung Jae was relieved but needed to hide her presence from Joo Ran, so he promised to come back in a couple hours once Joo Ran was gone and let her out.

And he nearly did. He literally skipped school so he could do it. But he comes back to see his father killing Soo Min. Jae Ho literally digs the grave first and strangles Soo Min to death. Seung Jae watches in shock as his father buries her in the backyard. Joo Ran’s face hardens as she hears the news until she’s steely-eyed, finally seeing her husband for who he is: a manipulator with no remorse until he gets what he wants. The next thing we know, the preview shows her calling Sang Eun up and asking her to do to Jae Ho what she did to Yoon Beom: to kill him.

lim-ji-yeon-1.jpgkim-tae-hee-1.jpg

Whew, that’s a lot! This has been a really fascinating character study of Jae Ho through every character’s POV. I wish we’d gotten to see more of the earlier days of Joo Ran’s marriage prior to her moving to their current home.

Was he always like this, and are we seeing Joo Ran finally undo years of conditioning and gaslighting over the course of her marriage? Or did this start after the death of Joo Ran’s sister? And does that death have to do with any of this? With the show setting up both women to work together to murder Jae Ho and cover up each other’s crimes, we’re heading into really dark territory. “Lies Hidden in My Garden” has been living up to its title so far!

Wonder how many more secrets the finale will uncover!

Check out the drama below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

*** ENA’s “Lies Hidden in My Gardenhas dropped new stills that preview a turn of events for tonight's episode. Previously, Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee) found out that her husband Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh) killed middle school student Soo Min (Yoon Ga Yi) and buried the body in the garden and that she was being gaslighted by him all along. I'm curious to find out about the story behind Joo Ran and Sang Eun’s collusion as well as what Jae Ho’s fate will be. The second to final episode of “Lies Hidden in My Garden” airs on July 10 at 10 p.m. KST.   :heart3:

LHMG-01.jpeg

LHMG-05.jpeg

LHMG-03.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0001062408

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Tae Hee And Lim Ji Yeon Become Accomplices In Crime In “Lies Hidden In My Garden”

Spoiler

20230710031709_Kim-Tae-Hee_Lim-Ji-Yeon.j

ENA’s “Lies Hidden in My Garden” has dropped new stills that preview a turn of events!

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is a suspenseful thriller about two women who lead entirely different lives—before a suspicious smell in one of their backyards brings them together in ways that they could never have expected.

Spoilers

Previously, Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee) found out that her husband Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh) killed middle school student Soo Min (Yoon Ga Yi) and buried the body in the garden and that she was being gaslighted by him all along. On the other hand, Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon), who seems to have murdered her husband Yoon Beom (Choi Jae Rim), seizes the opportunity to escape from her hellish reality by finding evidence of Jae Ho’s murder in Yoon Beom’s belongings.

Amidst all of this, the newly released stills capture the secretive rendezvous between Joo Ran and Sang Eun who conspire a murder together. Joo Ran’s complicated facial expression, which contains mixed feelings of tension, sadness, and even determination, suggests the upcoming catastrophe of their families.

LHMG-01.jpeg

Sang Eun in a black hat and black mask visits Joo Ran’s house, fully prepared to instigate their crime.

LHMG-05.jpeg

LHMG-02.jpeg

In other images below, Joo Ran and Sang Eun are captured at the reservoir where Yoon Beom was killed, checking the black box while Jae Ho is asleep behind the steering wheel.

LHMG-03.jpeg

LHMG-04.jpeg

Viewers are curious to find out about the story behind Joo Ran and Sang Eun’s collusion as well as what Jae Ho’s fate will be.

The second to final episode of “Lies Hidden in My Garden” airs on July 10 at 10 p.m. KST.

Catch up with the drama on Viki!

Watch Now

5 Korean Actresses Who Still Slay As Fashionistas After Giving Birth: Son Ye Jin, Park Shin Hye, More

Age is just a number as these K-actresses - Son Ye Jin, Park Shin Hye, and more - prove that they still look stunning and radiant as ever after giving birth!

With a plethora of K-stars as ambassadors of signature and luxury brands, these Korean celebrity moms can slay the red carpet with their beauty and influence.

Kim Tae Hee

"Lies Hidden in My Garden" actress Kim Tae Hee always walks anywhere as if she's on a runway, even without her knowing!

The actress, known to Koreans and avid fans as South Korea's "goddess," dropped some behind-the-scenes cuts of her collaboration with Elle Korea.

Kim Tae Hee
(Photo : Kim Tae Hee Instagram)
Kim Tae Hee
(Photo : Kim Tae Hee Instagram)

The Hallyu superstar is still glowing more than ever. In her pictorial, she rocked a black dress and paired it with gold danglings.

She also looked sexy in her fitted red dress, as if she isn't a mom of two!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/130360/20230709/5-korean-actresses-fashionistas-after-giving-birth-son-ye-jin.htm

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 3-9, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-3-9-2023/

Monday, July 3      
Lies Hidden in My Garden 5 ENA 2.0%
Heartbeat 3 KBS 3.3%
Delightfully Deceitful 11 tvN 3.0%

Tuesday, July 4      
Lies Hidden in My Garden 6 ENA 2.5%
Heartbeat 4 KBS 3.6%
Delightfully Deceitful 12 tvN 3.4%

*** With only one episode left, (episode 8) the "Lies Hidden in My Garden" cast expressed their thoughts about the nearing final episode. In an interview noted by a local media outlet, Kim Tae Hee expressed how honored she is to be part of such a wonderful project and brought Moon Joo Ran's character to life. Despite harboring deep emotions even after the shooting, Kim Tae Hee "was really happy to feel the scenes" that she missed throughout the broadcast. She also thanked the viewers and fans who have shown support for the drama and those who "sympathize" with Moon Joo Ran. "Lies Hidden in My Garden" will have its finale episode on July 11, which is TONIGHT! Viewers will get to watch the finale episode via Genie TV, ENA, Viki, Prime Video, and Netflix in some countries.   :piggydance:

"I am so happy and grateful to be able to play Joo Ran and to be able to be with all the actors and staff of 'Lies Hidden in My Garden.'"

0001614178_002_20230710133101425.jpg?typ

lies-hidden-in-my-garden.jpg?w=820

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=311&aid=0001614178

*** The Monday-Tuesday drama Lies Hidden in My Garden has teased viewers with new stills of its final episode! In the previous episode of the drama, Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee) and Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon) conspired to murder Joo Ran’s manipulative and vicious husband Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh). The newly released still captures Joo Ran looking frightened with tears rolling down her cheeks. Despite Joo Ran desperately trying to get away from Jae Ho, Jae Ho manages to violently grab her hair. The final episode is written in a completely different narrative from the original novel. I look forward to what's an ending in the drama because I haven't seen the original novel. The final episode of “Lies Hidden in My Garden” airs TONIGHT, July 11 at 10 p.m. KST.   :dorashakes:

kim-tae-hee-4.jpg

kim-tae-hee-1-2.jpg

0003166264_001_20230711134901195.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=108&aid=0003166264

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Lies Hidden In My Garden” Hints At Shocking Twist In Intense Final Episode

Spoiler

20230711080001_lim-ji-yeon-kim-tae-hee-2

The popular Monday-Tuesday drama “Lies Hidden in My Garden” has teased viewers with new stills of its final episode!

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is a suspenseful thriller about two women who lead entirely different lives—before a suspicious smell in one of their backyards brings them together in ways that they could never have expected.

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “Lies Hidden in My Garden,” Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee) and Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon) conspired to murder Joo Ran’s manipulative and vicious husband Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh). However, at the end of the episode, when Sang Eun went to Joo Ran’s house to kill Jae Ho, she became the one who was attacked by Jae Ho instead, leaving viewers in utter shock to learn that Joo Ran has betrayed Sang Eun.

The newly released stills capture Sang Eun passing out in Joo Ran’s living room, covered with wounds. Looking at Jae Ho’s furious expression and blood-stained shirt, the stills hint that Sang Eun and Jae Ho have a fierce fight and struggle before Jae Ho overpowers her.

lim-ji-yeon-1-1.jpg

lim-ji-yeon-2.jpg

On the other hand, Joo Ran is also captured looking frightened with tears rolling down her cheeks. Despite Joo Ran desperately trying to get away from Jae Ho, Jae Ho manages to violently grab her hair. What happens between Jae Ho and Joo Ran? Will both women have a happy ending?

kim-tae-hee-4.jpg

kim-tae-hee-1-2.jpg

kim-sung-oh-1.jpg

The producers of “Lies Hidden in My Garden” commented, “Thank you to the viewers who have loved ‘Lies Hidden in My Garden’ up until now,” and teased, “The final episode is written in a completely different narrative from the original novel. We will present an ending that will satisfy those who have already seen the original novel and those who are avid viewers of the drama, so please kindly look forward to it.”

The final episode of “Lies Hidden in My Garden” airs on July 11 at 10 p.m. KST.

Catch up with the drama on Viki!

Watch Now

*** ENA’s “Lies Hidden in My Gardenhas come to a successful close! According to Nielsen Korea, the drama achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.0 percent for its finale, marking its personal best in viewership ratings and a jump from the previous night’s rating of 2.262 percent. Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Lies Hidden in My Garden”!   :blush:

0006922034_001_20230712092919999.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0006922034

*** Genie TV’s original series “Lies Hidden in My Garden” ended after airing the last broadcast on July 11th. In this episode, Joo Ran managed to overpower her husband Baek Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh) together with Chu Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon) and led him to death. Standing up against her violent husband using violence, Joo Ran finally regained herself. In the drama, the backyard is a symbolic space representing the relationship between Joo Ran and her husband. The yard has various things, such as a swimming pool, pine trees, and green grass, that everyone would envy, but somehow it gives an unpleasant and suspicious smell. Entering the mansion, you can see the yard right away. The moment one sets foot in the yard, the feeling of unease intensifies. After killing her husband, Joo Ran faced the judgment of the law and got arrested. Kim Tae Hee presented a new side that viewers had never seen before. Just as Joo Ran overcame pain and found freedom, Kim Tae Hee also showcased her remarkable growth in acting through her portrayal of Joo Ran.   :kitty:

Lies-Hidden-In-My-Garden-1111-070723.web

20230712103919068wjss.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230712103918817

*** On July 10th, a video titled “Arena Photoshoot Behind the Scenes | Tae-Pretty Appears as a Heart Fairy” was released on the YouTube channel of Kim Tae Hee’s agency. Kim Tae Hee mentioned the tumbler as her essential item on the set, “I try my best not to use disposable cups, but there are often unavoidable situations where I have to use them. Still, I try to carry the tumbler with me as much as possible.” She also revealed her affection for iced drinks, “Before every photoshoot, I always drink iced latte, even in cold winter. It’s freezing, but I’m an ‘eoljuca’ (t/n: someone who has to drink ice even if they die freezing). I brought it today too.“ Continuing, Kim Tae Hee smiled and said, “I love late-night snacks, but I try to resist. I usually enjoy having popcorn or potato chips with beer.”   :heart1:

kim-tae-hee-1-071123.webp

kim-tae-hee-11-071123.png

kim-tae-hee-111-071123.png

*** As "Lies Hidden in My Garden" wraps up the season, Kim Tae Hee shared her thoughts about her drama comeback and working alongside Lim Ji Yeon. According to her, working with  Lim Ji Yeon is amazing. "Looking at it, I feel more complex emotions than simple compassion," she said, adding, "Even though I knew the ending and acted, I was confused every time I faced Sang Eun." Kim Tae Hee mentioned that while they are filming the drama Lim Ji Yeon's drama, "The Glory" was airing. Moreover, she recalled the time when she sent her a hilarious text, calling her "crazy Yeon Jin" because of Lim Ji Yeon's villain role in "The Glory." During the interview, she was asked if there's a special diet that she follows to keep a slim and younger-looking physique. According to her, she does pilates once or twice a week. In addition, she also made sure to go hiking in Namsan Mountain and used to visit the place twice or three times a week. She also revealed that she likes sports activities. "I also like scuba diving and golf, even though I don't do them often," she said. As for her guilty pleasures, Kim Tae Hee likes to eat late-night snacks.   :exercice:

lies-hidden-in-my-garden.jpg?w=820

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/130390/20230711/kim-tae-hee-reveals-calling-lim-ji-yeon-crazy-yeon-jin.htm

*** "Lies Hidden in My Garden" has still swept on the 3rd spot on this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.    :kaching3:

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of July are as follows:

1. JTBC “King the Land”
  2. SBS “Revenant”
  3. ENA “Lies Hidden in My Garden”
  4. tvN “See You in My 19th Life”
  5. tvN “Delightfully Deceitful”
  6. tvN “The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch”
  7. ENA “Battle for Happiness”
  8. KBS2 “The Real Has Come!
  9. MBC “Numbers
  10. TV Chosun “Durian’s Affair

*** Good job cast and crew! Beautifully acted.  :blush:

4 Final Reveals In Episodes 7-8 Of “Lies Hidden In My Garden” That Changed Everything

20230714223834_kim-tae-hee-lim-ji-yeon-2

After a month-long run, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is all wrapped up. Just when it seems like the show has no more secrets left to reveal, it pulls out all stops for a massive finale that gives both main leads what they were looking for.

Only, one of them has no idea about what the other has planned.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 7-8 below.

1. Joo Ran contracting Sang Eun to kill Jae Ho

Moon Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee) knows the truth about her husband Park Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh) murdering Lee Soo Min (Yoon Ga Yi), and worse, that her son Park Seung Jae (Cha Sung Jae) saw all of it. A change comes over her like something’s been unstoppered. She goes from anxious and jerky to very calm and poised. Meanwhile, Choo Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon) has figured out that Soo Min was at Joo Ran’s house right before her death and is pretty certain that Jae Ho killed her. She’s in dire financial straits and is about to blackmail Joo Ran for cash, so she’s bewildered when Joo Ran approaches her first.

593487c1c5d0601eac717e257af0eaca9f730032.gifv

f196c17a67d6b1e4793b9b88e64c9cbab7b6b047.gifv

Joo Ran’s rationale is that Sang Eun basically got away with killing Kim Yoon Beom (Choi Jae Rim), so surely she can do it once more. She’s prepared to pay Sang Eun 500 million won (approximately $393,900) and gives her 200 million won (approximately $158,000) up front to do it. Sang Eun is hesitant, but her family’s money woes rear their head, and she gives in. That’s something we’ve seen often with Sang Eun. Joo Ran hides behind her husband, but Sang Eun is chained to them. She’s sick of her drunk brother making her pay his debts and tired of her loveless mother who just wants her to pay her medical fees. But she’s used to doing what others want, and so she prepares to kill.

Spoiler

lim-ji-yeon-4.jpg

2. Joo Ran betraying Sang Eun to Jae Ho

The plan is for Joo Ran to build a history of domestic assault by Jae Ho: to confide in her neighbor Oh Hae Soo (Jung Woon Sun) about the possibility of Jae Ho having killed Yoon Beom. Next, Joo Ran needed to get Jae Ho to purchase a coal briquette to create the illusion of suicide. Finally, she has to drug his smoothie, after which Sang Eun would enter the house when he’s asleep and drive Jae Ho to the same reservoir she pushed Yoom Beom in. Joo Ran would meet her via a different route, and the two of them would stage his suicide due to the supposed guilt of having murdered Yoon Beom.

kim-tae-hee-5.jpg

Only, when Sang Eun enters the house, Jae Ho isn’t asleep. He’s wide alert, stabs her with a syringe, and beats her up. Joo Ran merely watches as Sang Eun is beaten and tied up. Sang Eun regrets ever stepping foot in the house or trusting Joo Ran. We flash back to Joo Ran coming clean with Jae Ho about Sang Eun knowing that Soo Min was killed in their home. Jae Ho’s immediate reaction is that they must get rid of Sang Eun together—for Seung Jae’s sake, of course. Joo Ran doesn’t say anything and agrees, going along with it all. It’s hard to figure out what side he’s on, and even Joo Ran doesn’t seem to have figured it out—until she asks Jae Ho one final question.

kim-tae-hee-kim-sung-oh-1-1.jpg

3. Joo Ran killing Jae Ho

The death of Joo Ran’s sister has been the singular greatest trauma in her life. It’s what made her shut down from a bubbly, happy person to a closed-off, fearful one. The worst part is that her sister died while taking care of Joo Ran’s apartment while she was on a trip. Joo Ran’s mother blames her for the death, and Joo Ran, lost in grief, starts to do the same. Jae Ho manipulatively proposed at her sister’s funeral, saying that he would be her protector. And Joo Ran stopped thinking for herself on that day. She didn’t know how to trust herself anymore and hadn’t worked through any of her trauma. Over the years, it just became easier for her to trust and follow what Jae Ho said instead of thinking for herself. Things only got worse after she attacked Seung Jae’s teacher. And knowing what we now know about Joo Ran’s dead-on instincts, she was probably right about him being dangerous.

kim-tae-hee-kim-sung-oh-1.jpg

But the one thing she’s wanted in life is for her child to not have to go through the same mental torture she did. So when Jae Ho puts the blame of Soo Min’s death on Seung Jae—even though he killed her—Joo Ran can’t stand by. She sneaks Sang Eun a knife to break free. As Jae Ho prepares to bury Sang Eun, Joo Ran asks him why he lied to her about killing Soo Min. Jae Ho tries to deny it and gaslight her until she reveals that Seung Jae saw him do it. He finally bursts out that he did it for Seung Jae. When Joo Ran asks him why he never told her the truth, he yells that it’s because she would leave him.

kim-sung-oh-1-1.jpg

He yells that he did it for them as a family, and Joo Ran refuses to believe him. She knows that Seung Jae is in pain over having to keep this terrible secret. So she attacks Jae Ho. Sang Eun’s free at this point and tries to do the same, but both women are overpowered. Jae Ho loses it and belittles Joo Ran, pointing out that she sat back while he did everything for her. He seems to love her in his own twisted way though because he cries while attempting to kill her. Luckily, Hae Soo sees Sang Eun begging for help and calls the police. Sang Eun smashes a window, and Jae Ho gets distracted, allowing Joo Ran to push him down the same flight of stairs where Seung Jae pushed Soo Min. And Jae Ho’s dead in a flash.

kim-sung-oh-2.jpg

4. Sang Eun realizing that Joo Ran freed her

The police arrive, and the matter goes to trial when Joo Ran admits everything. Only, her confession comes as a shock to Sang Eun. Joo Ran confesses that Jae Ho killed Yoon Beom and Soo Min and that she teamed up with him to kill Sang Eun once it came to light that his actions could be unveiled. Sang Eun doesn’t understand why she would pin Yoon Beom’s murder on Jae Ho. She visits Joo Ran in prison while she awaits trial.

lim-ji-yeon-3-1.jpgkim-tae-hee-3-1.jpg

Sang Eun is certain that Joo Ran was planning to kill both her and Jae Ho to be rid of all of them. But Joo Ran just smiles. Sang Eun realizes that Joo Ran planned on going down by herself to leave Sang Eun and her child a good life. She lied to the police about planning Sang Eun’s death out of guilt for enabling Jae Ho and turning a blind eye to his actions for so many years. With Yoon Beom’s death classified as murder now, the insurance companies pay Sang Eun a lot of money, enough to start a better life. Joo Ran is sent to jail for a short time (for her role in supposedly attempting to kill Sang Eun), and they exchange a brief glance before parting.

kim-tae-hee-2-1.jpg

A year or so in the future, Sang Eun works at a cafe. She’s no longer dour and withdrawn but bright and buoyant. And Joo Ran is out of jail and at peace with herself for breaking free of her husband’s control and reclaiming her identity and conscience. She lives in the house with the garden that she loved so much, with her son, a working friendship with her mother, and a strong friendship with Hae Soo. Both women are finally free.

lim-ji-yeon-1-2.jpg

This was a pretty poignant ending. I wish we had more of a glimpse into Joo Ran’s relationship with her mother, seeing as it seems to have informed so much of her trauma within her marriage with Jae Ho. But Kim Tae Hee sold this character, taking us through Joo Ran’s vulnerability and quiet strength. The show explored how people can be a cage and how difficult it is to break loose of those cages after they’ve developed over long periods of time. Joo Ran’s and Sang Eun’s husbands spent their lives trying to convince both women that they were worthless and had no strength in them. And that was the biggest lie in this show. It was their desperate determination that allowed them to take those first tentative steps toward a better future.

kim-tae-hee-1-3.jpg

Check out the drama below!

Watch Now

*** "Lies Hidden in My Garden"  ends its run on a high note of 3.0% (not bad for ENA these days).   :Megathanks:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 10-16, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-10-16-2023/

Monday, July 10      
Lies Hidden in My Garden 7 ENA 2.3%
Heartbeat 5 KBS 2.8%
Delightfully Deceitful 13 tvN 3.0%

Tuesday, July 11      
Lies Hidden in My Garden 8 ENA 3.0%
Heartbeat 6 KBS 3.1%
Delightfully Deceitful 14 tvN 3.7%

Korean Actors Born with a Silver Spoon, Already at the Starting Line

These Korean stars were born into wealthy families, already “born with a silver spoon,” but have achieved success through their own efforts and passion.

Kim Tae Hee

Kim Tae Hee is famous for her beautiful appearance and also for being a true “princess” as she comes from a wealthy background. She is the daughter of the chairman of Hanbook International Transportation Company, one of the leading transportation companies in South Korea.

kim tae hee

Despite being “born with a silver spoon,” Kim Tae Hee is passionate about her acting career and strives to build her reputation on her own. She started with small roles, including villainous roles, gradually proving her acting abilities. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/korean-actors-born-with-a-silver-spoon-already-at-the-starting-line/