Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

Kim Tae-hee, Rain stalker sentenced to six months behind bars

Actor Kim Tae-hee, left, and singer Rain [RAIN COMPANY]

Actor Kim Tae-hee, left, and singer Rain [RAIN COMPANY]

A Seoul court sentenced celebrity couple singer Rain and actor Kim Tae-hee stalker to six months in prison and 40 hours of treatment for stalkers on Wednesday.

The stalker, a 49-year-old woman, has repeatedly visited the couple's home in Itaewon-dong, Yongsan District, since March 2021, ringing the doorbell.

The woman had been charged with minor penalties three times, including a fine of less than 100,000 won ($76), from March 2021 to October of the same year, which was before the punishment for stalking became harsher.

She was caught in the act at the couple's house by the police in February 2022. The police sent her case to the prosecution in September of the same year.

"We acknowledged the fact that it was her first offense, and she did not see the intention to cause damage," the court said. "However, the criminal act of constant stalking against the couple cannot be seen lightly."

The court handed a prison sentence given the woman's likelihood of committing the same crime again, noting "the difficulty of providing appropriate treatment for the accused,"

BY KIM JI-YE [kim.jiye@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-01-10/entertainment/kpop/Kim-Taehee-Rain-stalker-sentenced-to-six-months-behind-bars/1955342

*** Regarding the article I posted above, the ruling was made by Criminal Division 9 of the Seoul Western District Court where this woman was found guilty of violating the Stalking Punishment Act. She was accused of visiting Rain and Kim Tae Hee's home in Yongsan-gu, Seoul, 14 times between March and October 2022, repeatedly ringing the doorbell.The court acknowledged that this woman suffers from a mental illness and might have committed the crimes while mentally and physically vulnerable. Additionally, her unclear residence and lack of family support for treatment raised concerns about the risk of reoffending. Thus, the court deemed detention, treatment, and education to prevent recurrence as necessary, even taking her health status into consideration. Sounds like a fair sentence. Hopefully, this woman can get help. 14-times is a lot. I can understand how traumatic it is for them considering that they have 2 young girls as well. Being stalked is traumatizing.  :sweats:

• 2 weeks later...

*** Kim Tae Hee’s long-time makeup artist shared a sweet photo of herself with her  and Rain. The couple has remained low profile ever since they're married so, seeing them in a picture together – couple advertisements not included – is always NICE.    :cutekitty:

screenshot_20240117_175403_instagram5938

photo source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2024/01/17/couple-shot-1/

*** Kim Tae Hee will have a special appearance in JTBC’s “Welcome to Samdalri” at the final episode tonight. She has this cameo to show support for the drama’s scriptwriter whom she worked with in “Hi, Bye Mama.” Here's the stills. The final episode of “Welcome to Samdalri” airs tonight January 21 at 10:30 p.m. KST.   :kisslevel:

Kim-Tae-Hee-2-.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=382&aid=0001101228

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Tae Hee Is A Dazzling Top Star In Special Appearance For “Welcome To Samdalri” Finale

20240121082455_kim-tae-hee-2.jpeg?s=900x

Get ready for Kim Tae Hee’s special appearance in JTBC’s “Welcome to Samdalri”!

Helmed by “When the Camellia Blooms” director Cha Young Hoon, “Welcome to Samdalri” is a JTBC romance drama starring Ji Chang Wook as Jo Yong Pil, a man who has faithfully stayed in his hometown on Jeju Island all his life in order to protect its residents. Shin Hye Sun stars as Jo Sam Dal, who grew up together with Jo Yong Pil as his close childhood friend.

Spoilers

Previously, the second to last episode depicted the people of Samdalri stepping up to support Jo Sam Dal while she was having a difficult time from the reporters regarding her exhibition.

The final episode previews top actress Kim Tae Hee making a special appearance to show support for the drama’s scriptwriter Kwon Hye Joo, whom she worked with in the hit 2020 drama “Hi, Bye Mama.” Earlier in episode 1, Jo Sam Dal was introduced as a popular photographer that even top stars want to work with, briefly mentioning a connection between Kim Tae Hee with Jo Sam Dal.

The newly released stills depict a look at top actress Kim Tae Hee as she dazzles with her beauty and flashes a warm smile to someone facing her. Viewers are already anticipating her role in the upcoming final episode.

Kim-Tae-Hee-2-.jpeg

The production team shared, “Through Kim Tae Hee’s special appearance, the final episode became even richer. We want to express our gratitude to actress Kim Tae Hee who readily agreed to make a special appearance. Please show lots of anticipation for her strong performance that will make the final story shine even more.” They further asked viewers to anticipate how the final story of “Welcome to Samdalri” will touch viewers’ hearts with a heartwarming story about the people of Samdalri.

The final episode of “Welcome to Samdalri” airs on January 21 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

*** During the last episode of JTBC’s Welcome to Samdalri Kim Tae Hee made a special guest appearance. Somehow, it added a special touch to the final episode with her appearance. Recently, a behind-the-scenes clip of Kim Tae Hee and Shin Hye Sun was revealed online. When I saw this clip I wanted to see the two of them do a drama together in the future.   :kitty:

Ezj4fKqo1p9KX7JhqqB2n3skgqlPIixdYAPGYV9I

*** I posted the clip above that showed Kim Tae-hee on the 'Welcome to Samdal-ri' set shooting with the drama's lead, Shin Hae Sun. Kim Tae-hee was surprised by how tall Shin Hae Sun is. When Kim Tae-hee got to the set, Shin Hae Sun greeted her warmly. Shin Hae Sun snapped photos of Kim Tae-hee while exclaiming, "You look absolutely gorgeous!" After they finished shooting, Shin Hae Sun thanked Kim Tae-hee for appearing in the drama as they shook hands. Standing right in front of Shin Hae Sun, Kim Tae-hee could not help but notice something; she said, "Wow! You are really tall! I feel like I'm talking to a male actor!" Shin Hae Sun laughed so hard. Kim Tae hee gave her a hand warmers. She is 171.8 cm tall while Kim Tae Hee is 162 cm tall.    :cutekitty:

201886823_700.webp

201886824_700.webp

201886826_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** Kim Tae Hee is set to join the cast of Amazon Prime's new series 'Butterfly'. The news was confirmed by Kim Tae Hee's agency, Story J, on January 30 KST. 'Butterfly,' based on a graphic novel of the same name, is produced and stars Hollywood actor Daniel Dae Kim, with Kim Tae Hee set to collaborate with him in the series. The drama unfolds the story of David Jeong (Daniel Dae Kim), a former U.S. intelligence agent whose life is disrupted by a fateful choice, leading to pursuit by Rebecca, a current agent tasked with eliminating him due to his lingering past. This is just a special appearance.  :kaching3:

Park Hae Soo And Kim Tae Hee Confirmed To Star in American Series “Butterfly”

20240130054745_park-hae-soo.jpg?s=900x60

Actors Park Hae Soo and Kim Tae Hee will star in Amazon Prime’s new series “Butterfly”!

On January 30 (local time), American media outlet Variety reported that Kim Tae Hee and Park Hae Soo are set to appear in the spy thriller series “Butterfly” starring and produced by Daniel Dae Kim.

Later that day, Park Hae Soo’s agency shared, “He plans to add impact to the series as he carries out English lines in ‘Butterfly.'”

Kim Tae Hee’s agency also confirmed, “Kim Tae Hee decided to star in ‘Butterfly.'”

Based on the graphic novel of the same name, “Butterfly” tells the story of David Jung (Daniel Dae Kim), a mysterious former U.S. intelligence agent whose life is shattered by a choice he makes and who is caught up in the past, chasing and being chased by the current agent Rebecca, who has been ordered to kill him.

Park Hae Soo was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the 74th Emmy Awards for his stable acting skills through his role as Sang Woo in the Netflix series “Squid Game.” The actor further established himself as a global actor by leading the box office success of “Narco-Saints.”

Kim Tae Hee made her successful return to the small screen through “Lies Hidden in My Garden” co-starring Kim Sung Oh and Lim Ji Yeon.

Are you excited for their acting transformations? Stay tuned for more updates!

*** On January 26, Kim Mi Kyoung's recent press interview was published online. During the interview, Kim Mi Kyoung picked actresses Jang Na-ra and Kim Tae-hee as her closest "children". Kim Mi Kyoung discussed her acting career, which predominantly revolved around portraying the role of a mother; she has played the role of the main character's mother more than 70 times so far. Kim Mi Kyoung was asked a question: "Is there a particular actor you wished they were your actual child?" She replied, "I have a good relationship with Kim Tae-hee. Although we don't meet up frequently, we do get to see each other occasionally. We actually went to see a performance together yesterday, and every time I hang out with her, I think to myself, 'Wow, she never acts like a top star. She's really cool and modest.'"  :doggie:

201887543_1280.webp

***The upcoming K-drama "Butterfly" is Amazon Prime's original series, which will have six episodes in one season. "Butterfly" is filmed in South Korea with dialogue in both Korean and English. On the other hand, drama and broadcast officials have yet to announce the target release date of the upcoming series, but I'm looking forward to see Park Hae Soo and Kim Tae Hee in one frame despite only having a small role here. It's also a delight to see Kim Tae Hee act alongside Shin Hye Sun. Interestingly, NICE to know that her special appearance in the drama is her way of supporting the writer. The writer was the one who penned "Welcome To Samdalri," and she's also behind the K-drama "Hi Bye, Mama," where Kim Tae Hee played the lead role. Kim Tae Hee's ageless beauty still shines.   :blush:

Kim Tae-hee and Park Hae-soo to make Hollywood debut in Amazon's 'Butterfly'

Actor Park Hae-soo, left, and Kim Tae-hee [BH ENTERTAINMENT/STORY J COMPANY]

Actor Park Hae-soo, left, and Kim Tae-hee [BH ENTERTAINMENT/STORY J COMPANY]

Actor Kim Tae-hee and “Squid Game” (2021) star Park Hae-soo will make their Hollywood debuts through the new Amazon Prime Video original show “Butterfly.”

“Butterfly” is an action series starring Korean American actor Daniel Dae Kim. Kim plays David Jung, a former U.S. intelligence operative living in Korea. Reina Hardesty stars alongside Kim as a sociopathic young agent named Rebecca who chases David down.

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-01-30/entertainment/television/Kim-Taehee-and-Park-Haesoo-to-make-Hollywood-debut-in-Amazons-Butterfly/1970454

Kim Tae Hee, Park Hae Soo and More Added to Cast of Spy Series ‘Butterfly’ at Amazon Prime Video

kim-1.jpg

Amazon Prime Video’s upcoming spy thriller series, Butterfly, has announced the addition of three South Korean talents to its cast – Park Hae Soo, Kim Tae Hee and Kim Nayoon.

Set to be a six-part series, Butterfly follows the story of David Jung (Daniel Dae Kim), a former US intelligence operative living in South Korea whose life is blown to pieces when the consequences of a past decision return to haunt him.

Rebecca Hardesty (played by Reina Hardesty), a deadly young agent, is assigned to pursue and eliminate him.\

The series is based on the BOOM! Studios graphic novel created by Arash Amel, co-written by Amel and Marguerite Bennett, and illustrated by Antonio Fuso and Stefano Simeone.

Along with Daniel Dae Kim, Reina Hardesty will star in the series. Butterfly was greenlit by Prime Video in May 2023 as a six-part series.

Co-created and executive-produced by Ken Woodruff and novelist Steph Cha, with Woodruff also serving as the showrunner, Butterfly will be a promising addition to the Prime Video lineup. Daniel Dae Kim, along with John Cheng under their 3AD banner, is on board as an executive producer, thanks to their first-look TV deal with Amazon Studios.

Executive producers also include Stephen Christy and Ross Richie of BOOM! Studios, Arash Amel through The Amel Company, and co-executive producer Adam Yoelin for BOOM! Studios. Kitao Sakuri will direct the first two episodes.

Park Hae Soo, best known for his role in Netflix’s Squid Game, earned an Emmy nomination for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama. His versatility extends to projects such as Prison Playbook, Chimera, Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area and Ruthless Operation.

Kim Tae Hee, who began her career as a model, gained widespread recognition with her breakthrough role in South Korean TV series Stairway to Heaven. She also starred in popular shows like Forbidden Love, Love Story in Harvard, Iris and Lies Hidden In My Garden.

Kim Nayoo, at just the age of six, has already appeared in South Korean dramas like My Home, Secret Woman and It’s Showtime in addition to numerous commercial and modeling appearances.

source : https://zapzee.net/2024/01/30/kim-tae-hee-park-hae-soo-and-more-added-to-cast-of-spy-series-butterfly-at-amazon-prime-video/

45+ Suspense/Mystery Dramas Of 2023 (K-Drama Masterlist)

20240201090944_suspense-mystery.jpg?s=90

For K-drama fans still catching up on dramas from last year, Soompi has prepared masterlists of 2023 K-dramas organized by genre!

Here are K-dramas from 2023 that include suspense or mystery elements (although many of these dramas fit into other genres as well).

Includes dramas that premiered in 2022 and ended in 2023.

Lies Hidden in My Garden

LHMG-04.jpeg

Cast: Kim Tae Hee, Lim Ji Yeon, Kim Sung Oh, Choi Jae Rim

Premiere Date: June 19

Based on a novel, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is a suspense drama about Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee), who lives a picture-perfect life until she notices the stench of a dead body emanating from her backyard, and Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon), a domestic violence victim who dreams of escaping her hellish reality.

Watch “Lies Hidden in My Garden”:

Watch Now

*** On January 30, Kim Tae-hee's agency Story J Company shared news regarding broadening her acting career by venturing into Hollywood. Kim Tae-hee will be joining the upcoming Amazon Prime Video series 'Butterfly', making her Hollywood debut." Kim Tae-hee's role in 'Butterfly' has not been revealed in much detail yet, but she will be taking on one of the major roles. I wonder if she is fluent in English. 'Butterfly' is a 6-episode spy thriller series produced and lead by Korean-American actor Daniel Dae Kim.  :doggie:

201889598_700.webp

"They were so young" K-netizens recall the youthful days of famous actors and actresses filming their iconic works

In the entertainment world, where stars rise and fall, a timeless fascination exists with the early days of beloved actors and actresses.

Recently, Korean netizens revisited the past iconic roles of actors and actresses and reminisced about their youthful days.

One netizen shared photos of these iconic roles of celebrities in an online community post titled, "Back then, they seemed totally like adults, but now they look totally young."

11. Stairway to Heaven, Kim Tae Hee, Age 23

1707432113-image.png

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/02/they-were-so-young-k-netizens-recall-the-youthful-days-of-famous-actors-and-actresses-filming-their-iconic-works

*** On February 15, Rain uploaded a vide to his YouTube channel. On this day, Rain and KCM visited the home of their channel’s producer. The producer had recently gotten married. After taking a tour of the producer’s new home, they got together in the living room, where they attempted to brew alcohol. Rain had gifted a brewing kit to the producer as a housewarming present. Rain then suddenly pointed to a staff member and asked why they weren’t wearing a wedding ring. The staff then replied they weren’t wearing a ring because they were home. Rain then asked KCM where his wedding ring was. KCM replied that he couldn’t wear his ring because his fingers were bloated, causing laughter. The same question then fell to Rain, who was also missing his wedding ring. Rain then revealed that he didn’t need to wear a wedding ring because the whole country knew he was married.   :ohboy2:

optimize-37-1.jpeg

2024021501001027200143532.jpg

source : https://sports.chosun.com/entertainment/2024-02-15/202402150100102720014353

"What's the Point?"'Kim Tae-hee♥' RAIN Spotted Without His Wedding Ring; Explains Why

201895517_1280.webp

Singer/actor RAIN, who married actress Kim Tae-hee, explained why he was not wearing his wedding ring. On February 15, RAIN released a new episode of his YouTube show. In the episode, RAIN and singer KCM visited RAIN's YouTube show producer, who recently got married, at his marriage home. The two singers, who are both married, began exploring the newly-weds home and spotted a picture of the couple on their refrigerator. "You should take better care of your wife.", RAIN said, playfully adding, "When I saw her during the wedding ceremony, her face radiated hope and anticipation. But now, look at how exhausted she looks!" The producer chuckled and said, "Hey, that picture was before we married!"; RAIN responded with an awkward smile and quietly apologized.

201895518_700.webp

After finishing their tour, the two singers sat with the producer and asked about his marriage. During their conversation, RAIN noticed that the producer was not wearing his wedding ring. "By the way, why aren't you wearing your wedding ring?", he asked, and the producer said that he had taken it off since he was at home. RAIN also noticed that KCM was not wearing his wedding ring either; KCM explained, "My fingers were swelling, so..." Then, the producer pointed at RAIN's fingers without any rings, and the entire room erupted with laughter. RAIN exclaimed, "Hey! What's the point of wearing it if everyone in Korea already knows I'm married?"

201895520_700.webp

RAIN asked the producer about his plans for the YouTube channel and said, "We're at a point where we have to think about the future of our channel. Last year, we had to stop uploading videos for six months because I was shooting a drama. Since then, our channel's visibility in the YouTube algorithm went down." He began proposing strategies to boost his channel, "My first idea is to copy others. I'm talking about accepting and reinterpreting great ideas from others."

"Our video views went down so much that I even considered entering a competition for men's physique, which would be the first attempt by a celebrity. I thought about it a lot, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.", he added. RAIN shared more exciting plans for a new video, such as offering audition opportunities to people all over the country who want to become actors or singers and documenting the behind-the-scenes process of his upcoming album.

Hide contents

201895521_700.webp

Meanwhile, RAIN tied the knot with Kim Tae-hee in 2017. The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter, in October 2017; they had their second child, also a daughter, in September 2019.

• Like 1

Top 10 Korean celebrity sibling pairs

Kim Tae Hee and Lee Wan

Kim Tae Hee, one of the most popular South Korean actresses, has an illustrious career that spans back to several successful releases, with her latest drama being Hi Bye, Mama! Her early works include My Princess and Stairway to Heaven. Interestingly, her brother Lee Wan was also part of Stairway to Heaven, portraying her sibling on-screen as well.

Initially, Lee Wan concealed the fact that he was related to Kim Tae Hee. He has also appeared in various works, including the movie Northern Limit Line. Despite their successful careers, the siblings have a playful dynamic and are often seen teasing and poking fun at each other in interviews and variety shows.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/ncts-doyoung-gong-myung-chaeyeon-itzys-chaeryeong-and-more-top-10-korean-celebrity-sibling-pairs-1280186