Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

*** In its final week on air, ENA’s “Lies Hidden in My Garden stayed strong at No. 3 on the drama list, with its leading ladies Lim Ji Yeon and Kim Tae Hee ranking No. 8 and No. 9 respectively on the actor list.  :blush:

Most Buzzworthy Drama and Actor Rankings For 4th Week

1. JTBC “King the Land”
  2. SBS “Revenant”
  3. ENA “Lies Hidden in My Garden”
  4. tvN “See You in My 19th Life”
  5. tvN “Delightfully Deceitful”
  6. ENA “Battle for Happiness”
  7. KBS2 “The Real Has Come!
  8. TV Chosun “Durian’s Affair
  9. tvN “The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch”
  10. MBC “Numbers

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Lee Junho (“King the Land”)
  2. YoonA (“King the Land”)
  3. Kim Tae Ri (“Revenant”)
  4. Oh Jung Se (“Revenant”)
  5. Shin Hye Sun (“See You in My 19th Life”)
  6. Chun Woo Hee (“Delightfully Deceitful”)
  7. Kim Dong Wook (“Delightfully Deceitful”)
  8. Lim Ji Yeon (“Lies Hidden in My Garden”)
  9. Kim Tae Hee (“Lies Hidden in My Garden”)
  10. Ahn Bo Hyun (“See You in My 19th Life”)

credit : soompi news

4 Female-Centric K-Dramas With Complex Leads Like “Lies Hidden In My Garden”

With “Lies Hidden in My Garden” all wrapped up, here are four dramas that each epitomize an element of what made this show so good. There are mystery, friendship, revenge, and strained marriages in the recommendations below, but what these dramas all have in common is that they examine women in all their complexity, strength, and capability. If that’s up your alley, then the following dramas will be too!

Note: this is a spoiler-free review!

The Gang Doctor

The-Gang-Doctor-1.jpg

Also starring the talented Kim Tae Hee, “The Gang Doctor” starts off as the story of Kim Tae Hyun (Joo Won), a talented surgeon with a secret. He’s severely in debt due to his sister’s dialysis bills. Despite working at one of Korea’s most prestigious hospitals, he still doesn’t have enough to pay the debt collectors harassing him. Left with no choice, he begins to make private house calls to the homes of the extremely wealthy and the extremely dangerous—and both are often the same locations. But Tae Hyun’s life is drastically altered when he takes on a patient who could solve all his money woes or ruin his life.

the-gang-doctor.jpg

She’s Han Yeo Jin (Kim Tae Hee), a chaebol heiress who has been in a coma for three years. Tae Hyun’s job is to assist in her care. But what happens when he realizes that someone is purposefully keeping her in this condition?

Why you’ll love it: The drama earned a cult-following during its airing in Korea for its brisk twists and turns and for Joo Won’s acting. But it was Kim Tae Hee’s character that ended up being a real surprise. Yeo Jin is no shrinking violet. She isn’t a side character to Tae Hyun’s story but has every intention of writing her own. In blood if she has to. Suffice to say that it’s best to watch the show to find out more!

Check out the drama below!

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

From “Revenant” to “Lies Hidden in My Garden,” four K-dramas with never-seen-before premises 

These four dramas charm viewers with a unique story and compelling development. 

2023 has been a year of creativity and innovation in K-drama with the newly released series being able to capture viewers’ attention on first watch. Among them, “Revenant” starring Kim Tae Ri sends chills down viewers’ spines through a deadly combination of horror, thriller, and mystery. 

Lies Hidden in My Garden

Lies Hidden in My Garden” tells the story of Mon Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee) who lives a picture-perfect life with her husband and son at a fancy house. What Joo Ran does not know is that her husband had a sexual affair with an underage prostitute, murdered her, and pinned the blame on his son. Aware of something going wrong, Ju Ran works with Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon) to take down her despicable husband. 

Lies-Hidden-In-My-Garden-1-070723.webp

“Lies Hidden in My Garden” is no ordinary family drama. It focuses on a woman’s attempt to solve a heinous crime hidden within her family. It is a journey filled with mystery, danger, and suspense. Twists are left and right in the drama, promising to bring viewers on an exciting roller-coaster ride.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/web-stories/han-hyo-joo-to-embrace-motherhood-in-the-upcoming-k-drama-moving/

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for actors! The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas, movies, or OTT content released between June 29 and July 29.      :kaching3:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. 2PM’s Lee Junho
  2. Kim Tae Ri
  3. Shin Hye Sun
  4. Lee Joon Hyuk
  5. Lim Ji Yeon
  6. Son Suk Ku
  7. Kim Seon Ho
  8. Ahn Bo Hyun
  9. Hong Kyung
  10. Choi Jae Rim
  11. Park Gyu Young
  12. Girls’ Generation’s YoonA
  13. Go Min Si
  14. Kim Tae Hee
  15. Go Won Hee
  16. Ma Dong Seok
  17. Won Ji An
  18. Lee Chung Ah
  19. Gong Yoo
  20. Jung Woo
  21. CNBLUE’s Kang Min Hyuk
  22. Lee Byung Hun
  23. Jo In Sung
  24. Park Seo Joon
  25. Kim Sun Young
  26. Son Ye Jin
  27. Kim Hye Soo
  28. Ahn Hyo Seop
  29. Kim Ga Eun
  30. Song Joong Ki

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202307290907228646499def050a_30

Top 5 Korean Shows On Viki In July

20230731081958_top-5-viki.jpg?s=900x600&

As the summer heat wave reaches its peak, a variety of shows this month have helped us cool down a bit this past month. Here are the Korean shows that received the most love on Viki in July!

In no particular order.

Lies Hidden in My Garden

Lies-Hidden-in-My-Garden-3120x1744-1.jpg

Based on a best-selling novel, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is a suspenseful thriller about two women who lead entirely different lives. However, a suspicious smell in one of their backyards winds up bringing the two together in ways that they could never have expected. Kim Tae Hee stars as Joo Ran, a housewife who seems to have the perfect life, with a husband and son that anyone would envy. However, cracks begin to form in her happy home when she notices a strange stench emanating from her backyard. Meanwhile, “The Glory” star Lim Ji Yeon plays Sang Eun, a victim of domestic violence who dreams of escaping her hellish reality.

Check out “Lies Hidden in My Garden” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

*** Lim Ji Yeon appeared as a guest in episode 205 of tvN’s entertainment show “You Quiz on the Block” (hereinafter referred to as “You Quiz”), which aired on Aug 2nd. She talked about her first meetings with Song Hye Kyo and Kim Tae Hee, whom she recently worked with in dramas. She said, “Kim Tae Hee is too angelic. How can she be that angelic? Hye Kyo and Tae Hee give off a comfortable and close feeling. They’re so cool when you meet them for the first time. How could they look beautiful like that? After getting close to them, I got a lot of help from them.“   :kitty:

20230802222807498lulk.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230802222805994

*** Bechdel Day 2023 has unveiled this year’s TV series category, Bechdel Choice 10. One of the series included is "Lies Hidden in My Garden".  A total of 84 series from networks, cable channels, and OTT originals were considered. Bechdel Day 2023 will announce the “Bechdelians” soon, highlighting notable figures of the year in film and series, including directors, writers, actors, and producers.   :kitty:

46ae32ff28a2767be412d3c68478054f-1536x91

Source: Directors Guild of Korea

*** Kim Tae Hee for Rolling Stone Korea. I didn’t know there was such a Korean edition of the magazine. Having done a drama this year, we won’t know when her project would be again. After marriage, she has been spacing out her work commitments.   :kitty:

20230817_124856.jpg?w=1024

20230817_124927.jpg?w=1024

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2023/08/17/rollin-with-kim-tae-hee/

*** In the pictorial for the August issue of “Rolling Stone Korea”, which was released on August 16th, Kim Tae Hee freely expressed a different charm that was not easily seen with fascinating styling such as black and red. She showed the essence of beauty. In the interview conducted along with the photo shoot, she honestly expressed her feelings about the end of Genie TV’s original drama “Lies Hidden in My Garden”, talked about her character Moon Joo Ran and shared behind-the-scenes stories. She also mentioned behind-the-scenes stories of the drama. In the drama, Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh) snatches Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon)’s arm and says, “What are you doing?” Kim Tae Hee revealed, “(Kim Sung Oh) came in a rush and snatched my arm without knowing because I and Lim Ji Yeon were both wearing black clothes. At that time, I laughed out loud with the real Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon).” She expressed her gratitude, “It’s so rewarding when fans enjoy my works. The set is so fun and the meaning of acting has changed a lot. That’s why I’ve come to love (acting) more and more. Since the job ‘actor’ always allows me to try different works and characters, I never get tired of it and I can start with a very new feeling for each project.“ The pictorial and interview can be found in the 11th issue of “Rolling Stone Korea”.   :cutekitty:

Kim-Tae-Hee-111-081623.jpg

Kim-Tae-Hee-1-081623.jpg

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230816n09016?mid=n1008

*** The August issue of Rolling Stone Korea, which was released on August 16th, proved Kim Tae Hee's visual as the standard of beauty. She honestly shared, “‘Lies Hidden in My Garden’ is a 100% pre-produced eight-episode drama so the filming schedule was quite relaxed and we also had days off”. Regarding her similarities with Joo Ran, she explained, “Moon Joo Ran in the drama is a person who is quite silent and doesn’t know how to express her feelings or opinions. In my case, I also say something only when I’m 100% sure about it. I tried to get rid of such a habit and have become much more flexible now’.   :heart4:

Kim-Tae-Hee-11-081623-353x470.jpg

Kim-Tae-Hee-1-081623-353x470.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230816134636333

• 2 weeks later...

*** During Kim Mi Kyung's guest appearance in JTBC's TV show "Salty Pawn Shop," she spoke about her experience portraying the character and tdishes on her relationship with the actresses and actors she worked with. One of the actresses that she mentioned is Kim Tae Hee. "I'm close to Kim Tae Hee. My daughters are all beautiful and talented," she said, showing her deep affection towards the younger generation of actresses. She played her mother in the tvN K-drama "Hi Bye, Mama!" They were last spotted along with the cast of the series as they watched the "Crash Landing on You" musical to support Yoon Sa Bong, Lee Kyu Hyung, and Heo Gyu Nim.   :kisslevel:

hi-bye-mama-cast.jpg?w=820

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/131059/20230830/national-mother-kim-mi-kyung-reveals-favorite-on-screen-daughters.htm

• 2 weeks later...

*** I haven't seen this drama of Kim Tae Hee.   :cutekitty:

4 Sweepingly Romantic Historical K-Dramas That’ll Have You In Tears

My Dearest” isn’t over yet, but luckily there are shows to keep you occupied in the month and a bit long wait until we see Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) again. Here are some of the very best sageuk offerings in the past decade or so, dramas that haven’t gone out of style and captured people’s hearts to the (sometimes bitter) end.

Note: the following reviews are spoiler-free!

“Jang Ok Jung, Living In Love”

One listen to the opening theme will give you a great idea of the story you’re facing here.

Loosely based on the 2008 novel that reworks the history of Korea’s most notorious royal consort Jang Hee Bin, this sageuk spins a theory of the woman behind the legend. In the Joseon era, Jang Ok Jung (Kim Tae Hee) was a talented seamstress, singlehandedly fighting to bring her family out of poverty. Her mother was a slave, owned by a noble family, and Ok Jung saved every cent so she could one day earn her mother’s freedom and leave for the Qing Empire with her. But power is closer than she thinks. As a child, Ok Jung made the acquaintance of Crown Prince Yi Soon (Yoo Ah In) who saved her from pickpockets. They parted ways but hadn’t forgotten each other. When Ok Jung gets a request to make clothes for a member of the royal family, she ends up visiting the palace and running into Yi Soon. He doesn’t recognize her all grown-up, but he is still drawn to her and sets events in motion that cannot be taken back and have devastating consequences for both of them.

kim-tae-hee-yoo-ah-in-1.jpg

Why you’ll love it: Jang Ok Jung is about a woman who was born in the wrong time and wanted nothing more than the freedom to live and love. Kim Tae Hee is the heart and soul of the show and gives an excellent performance here as a woman restricted on all sides by powers who see her as an object for manipulation.

Check out the drama below!

Watch Now

From Swings to BTS Jungkook “Let’s save stars’ privacy”

20230920170020492vdzh.jpg

The entertainment industry is grappling with stalking crimes as celebrities continue to voice their concerns about the issue

On Sep 20th, rapper Swings said through his SNS account, “Lately, there have been many people who follow me wherever I go. Just now, the police took one of them with them.”

Actress Kim Tae Hee and her husband Rain also suffered from stalking by sasaeng fans. In 2020, Rain’s agency revealed the CCTV footage of the woman visiting Rain and Kim Tae Hee’s house and pressing the doorbell. The agency emphasized that if sasaeng fans continue to infringe on the artist’s private life and threaten their safety, they will take all legal measures without exception. Despite their efforts, the harassment persisted. In February last year, the Seoul Yongsan Police Station arrested a 47-year-old woman, referred to as A, for the offense. A was subsequently tried in December last year.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230920170019104

• 2 weeks later...

Top ENA Dramas With Highest Ratings Since 2022

If you're a K-Drama fan, you're familiar with the many broadcasting networks that produce all of our favorite dramas. While they've remained at the forefront of the K-Drama world, newcomer ENA, which started in 2022, has shown promise when it comes to storytelling, production value, and so much more. Although ENA is a cable channel, one of its dramas has already placed in the best ratings list of 2022.

While ENA is still fairly new, it continues to build up its legacy, hoping to climb ever higher in ratings.

7. "Lies Hidden In My Garden" - 2.9%

Lies-Hidden-In-My-Garden-ENA-Poster.jpg

Featuring standouts in Kim TaeHee and Lim JiYeon, "Lies Hidden In My Garden" is a drama with beautiful cinematography and a captivating story. With mysteries galore, the drama earned a 2.9% ratings as viewers witnessed the truth unravel. The gripping mystery thriller is available on streaming sites TVING, Rakuten Viki, and Prime Video.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-ena-dramas-with-highest-ratings-since-2022/

*** On Oct 7th, a video featuring announcer Kim Dae-ho was uploaded on the YouTube channel “Season B Season”.  They sat side by side at a table in a meat place, drinking and having a conversation. During their conversation, Rain asked cautiously, “Excuse me, but are you dating anyone?” Kim Dae-ho replied firmly, “No.” Rain wondered, “Do you want to be in a relationship or have any feelings like that?” Kim Dae-ho candidly confessed, “Actually, I tend to find it difficult when dating women. Because I tend to do things my way. I drink a lot too. I’ve reduced it a bit now.” To this, Rain remarked, “Well, then, you should meet a woman who’s even more arbitrary.” Kim Dae-ho responded, “I don’t like that either.” Rain then indirectly bragged about Kim Tae-heeSomeday, a woman who can change my arbitrary nature appeared. Even though I go about things in my own way, she can handle me“, leaving Kim Dae-ho feeling bitter. In particular, Rain conducted an impromptu balancing game, asking, “No.1: She’s pretty, dresses well, but has a somewhat odd personality. No.2: She’s very kind, has a good personality, but her looks are far from Kim Dae-ho’s ideal type. Who do you prefer, No.1 or No.2?“ Upon hearing this, Kim Dae-ho chose “No.1” without hesitation. He explained, “Because I have to like her to date her. My feelings matter.“ Rain started bragging about Kim Tae-hee again, “I really feel blessed because I met someone truly amazing…” However, after gauging the reactions around him, he said “I’ll stop now. Sorry” and redirected the conversation. Kim Dae-ho raised his soju glass with a bitter expression, causing laughter.    :heart3:

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20231007n08038?mid=n1008

• Like 1