The Most Beautiful K-drama Wedding Dresses

partyon

The Most Beautiful K-drama Wedding Dresses  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite kdrama wedding dresses? (choose as many as you like)

• Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017)
    • What's Wrong With Secretary Kim (2018)
    • Start-Up (2020)
    • Hi Bye, Mama! (2020)
    • Love Rain (2012)
    • Flower of Evil (2020)
    • Sisyphus (2021)
    • Penthouse - dress 1 (2020)
    • Penthouse 2 - dress 2 (2021)
    • Legend of the Blue Sea (2016)
    • My Love From the Star (2013)
    • When I Was the Most Beautiful (2020)
    • My Demon (2023)
    • Marry My Husband (2024)
    • Queen of Tears (2024)
    • Pinocchio (2014)
    • Because This is My First Life (2017)
    • She Was Pretty (2015)
    • The Story of Park's Marriage Contract (2023)
    • None of the above / Something else
  2. 2. Which are your favorite kdrama wedding dresses? (choose as many as you like)

• King the Land (2023)
    • While You Were Sleeping (2017)
    • Penthouse 2 - dress 3 (2021)
    • Angel's Last Mission: Love (2019)
    • The World of the Married (2020)
    • The Atypical Family (2024)
    • Goblin (2016)
    • It's Okay, That's Love (2014)
    • Lovely Runner (2024)
    • The One and Only (2021)
    • Tomorrow With You (2017)
    • Tale of the Nine Tailed (2020)
    • Secret Boutique (2019)
    • Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol (2020)
    • Scent of a Woman (2011)
    • The Greatest Love (2011)
    • Crazy Love (2022)
    • Youth of May (2021)
    • Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (2021)
  3. 3. Which are your favorite kdrama wedding dresses? (choose as many as you like)

• Fated to Love You - dress 1 (2014)
    • Fated to Love You - dress 2 (2014)
    • The Law Cafe (2022)
    • King2Hearts (2012)
    • She Would Never Know (2021)
    • 18 Again (2020)
    • Marriage, Not Dating (2014)
    • Perfect Marriage Revenge (2023)
    • Doctor Slump (2024)
    • Hide and Seek (2018)
    • Extraordinary Attorney Woo (2022)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2024 at 06:00 AM

7 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

.why did you have to ruin it by reminding us of that traumatic experience- that drama that shall not be named.ย 

ย 

Blame @ktcjdrama. She was the one who brought it up....

Good Luck Charlie What GIF

• LOL 4

46 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

BTW, in our culture wedding dresses should never be โ€˜whiteโ€™ as it is not considered an auspicious colour. Red is our preferred colour. Pastel colours have become the latest trend after the Bollywood celebrities have been seen flaunting them at their own weddings.ย 

have been to church weddings where some of the brides wore white wedding gowns. however reaction is mostly mixed.

aunties -- what a waste; so expensive and it is not even good fabric. embroidery is only so so. for that price, she could have worn such a grand sari.ย 

young women -- did she take inspiration from cinderella cartoon? why is it so puffy?

men -- how is she wearing that shaving cream outfit without breaking into sweat in this weather???ย :lol::lol:

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

14 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

have been to some church weddings where the brides are wearing white wedding gowns. however reaction is mostly mixed.

ย 

Poor brides, though, to be judged on their big days. :(ย  I think it's just a difference in culture and what one is used to, you know.

ย 

For us here, wearing a lot of make-up and jewelry is seen as big no nos in our weddings. The white color signifies purity (as you know that brides had to be virgins back in the day) and high religious commitment. This started from the Christian times, I believe. That's why our brides are wearing white. That's also why the guests are not allowed to wear white. I think many countries started adopting the white wedding dress due to seeing it in popular culture.

ย 

Wearing color or wearing white should be up to each bride's preference regardless of what other people think. As long as the bride is happy with her choice and feels beautiful, that's all that matters. :wub: There is no right or wrong here. We all have our preferences due to where we grew up, and that's okay. ๐Ÿ˜˜

ย 

Has anyone seen traditional Thai wedding dresses btw? They're also very beautiful

61533bab36a6a28030125cae_S03_38Main%20rt

ย 

ย 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

have been to church weddings where some of the brides wore white wedding gowns. however reaction is mostly mixed.

aunties -- what a waste; so expensive and it is not even good fabric. embroidery is only so so. for that price, she could have worn such a grand sari.ย 

young women -- did she take inspiration from cinderella cartoon? why is it so puffy?

men -- how is she wearing that shaving cream outfit without breaking into sweat in this weather???ย :lol::lol:

But then we have those judgmental aunties everywhere. They are never pleased with anything. Ready to find faults in everything. They are a real pain in the back.ย 
ย 

A white wedding isnโ€™t that popular here, except in certain communities. But Iโ€™m glad people are gradually experimenting with their bridal attire. With inter-faith weddings, people are opening up to other styles of weddings.ย 
ย 

I personally support minimalist kind. Our weddings are too loud and lavish.Too many people!ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• LOL 3

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Poor brides, though, to be judged on their big days. :(ย  I think it's just a difference in culture and what one is used to, you know.

kekeke.. to be honest, the bride's dress is not really what the guests talk about... it is the food!!!!ย :lol:ย literally, people don't care about bride and groom or what they do or wear for the most part. the wedding is a success only if the food is good and if it is not, people will remember it for years and talk about how bad the hospitality was.

ย 

... well unless it is upstaged by something like the decoration catching on fire! this actually happened at one reception where the lighting flickered and there was a bit of sparks and quickly put out by the events people

... in another wedding, it didn't just rain but POURED. we all ran to shelter in our high heels and saris in the mud.ย :lol::lol:

ย 

but yea, otherwise, most weddings are super forgettable unless there is lots of drama.ย 

ย 

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

but yea, otherwise, most weddings are super forgettable unless there is lots of drama.ย 

ย 

What kind of drama? You mean like a slap from the MIL?

ย 

cTUkHU.gif

• LOL 2

1 minute ago, partyon said:

ย 

What kind of drama? You mean like a slap from the MIL?

ย 

ย 

kekeke.... you kid but you know it could happen. :lol:ย 

ย 

so this was a story that I read in the lifestyle section of a major newspaper a few years back and I just couldn't stop laughing when I read it. the wedding was called off .... over biriyani (the wedding food). I kid you not, it was the catering.ย :lol::lol:ย so bride's side had decided to go with chicken biriyani whereas the guy's side had wanted mutton. so the two sides started squabbling, insults and then the wedding was called off. what I found hilarious is that some guests just stayed and ate the food even though the event was cancelled. hahahahhahah...ย 

ย 

in another engagement, some judgmental aunties from the guy's side made some remarks about the outfits of the women on the girl's family. after the event, the girl's father basically tried to tell the guy's father that this was rude. this then spiraled into an argument about food (yes, again), decorations, hotel arrangements. eventually more people got involved and both sides were all yelling at each other. the couple stayed together for a few months but then broke up. the families just couldn't be in the same room without throwing insults -- it was that kind of drama. (think lakorn energy!)ย 

ย 

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

ย 47b25404fd456e60cc6aa2acd5430d582d0e0ff1.gifv

ย 

POV: youโ€™re marrying perfection personified #wedding #Netflix #KimJiwon #LimYoona #KimYoujung #ChunWoohee #JungSomin #KimGoeun #ShinMinaImage

ย 

=====

comments:

Reply 1994ย shows the most wedding scenes I've ever seen. And without giving away who the groom is!ย ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

Whatโ€™s Wrong With Secretary Kimย has good wedding content. The proposal and wedding scenes are great and thereโ€™s talk about the details of wedding planning too.

ย 

Another Miss Oh has an iconic wedding scene. Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha has its own very special wedding scene.

ย 

Reply 1988 - a really memorable and heartwarming wedding scene, Classic series for a reason. cr.reddit

ย 

On 7/14/2024 at 6:41 AM, confusedheart said:

BTW, in our culture wedding dresses should never be โ€˜whiteโ€™ as it is not considered an auspicious colour. Red is our preferred colour. Pastel colours have become the latest trend after the Bollywood celebrities have been seen flaunting them at their own weddings.ย 

ย 

On 7/14/2024 at 7:34 AM, partyon said:

Wearing color or wearing white should be up to each bride's preference regardless of what other people think. As long as the bride is happy with her choice and feels beautiful, that's all that matters. :wub: There is no right or wrong here. We all have our preferences due to where we grew up, and that's okay. ๐Ÿ˜˜

I Agree Sabrina Carpenter GIF by First We Feastย 

ย 

===

if unconventional wedding dress/gown (not traditional white) I prefer ย similar to this gown

ย 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

2 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I like dramas in weddings. Otherwise there is no fun.ย 

please share stories for entertainment. am all ears.ย :lol:

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, WeunXK said:

if unconventional wedding dress/gown (not traditional white) I prefer ย similar to this gown

ย 

Wow! That's a beautiful gown! :love: The lady in the bottom right is from a painting. I just can't recall from which one?

ย 

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so bride's side had decided to go with chicken biriyani whereas the guy's side had wanted mutton.

ย 

Well, I side with the groom on this one. Have never had a good chicken biriyani yet. :D

ย 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

@partyonย @Lmanglaย can this consider a wedding dress?๐Ÿค”

ย 

tumblr_n15jpo6lIy1r1ad86o1_250.gifv
ย 
tumblr_n15jpo6lIy1r1ad86o2_250.jpg
ย 

ย 

Elizabeth Taylor wearing an Edith Head designed dress in A Place in the Sun, 1951.

The dress had six layers of white net over a pale mint green taffeta , studded with single velvet violets, and a bodice covered in white velvet violets with green centers. It caused a sensation among prom-going young ladies that year. Manufacturers recognized the fact and had copies of the gowns ready for purchase in stores at the time of the filmโ€™s release. cto

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Hide and Seekย 

ย 

@MayanEchoย You got the sleeves you wanted. Shall I add it to the poll?

ย 

10 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Bride of the Centuryย 

Ooh, I remember watching this drama. Whatever happened to the actress? Haven't seen her in ages?

9 minutes ago, WeunXK said:

ย 

Omo! You know who looked beautiful in her wedding dress? :love: Grace Kelly!

ย 

70244127-0-image-a-6_1682494606227.jpg

ย 

grace-kelly-wedding-dress-lace-bodice.jp

ย 

001142fc3a71b19178ee644fa20b5ccd.jpg

ย 

Grace_kelly_wedding_dress.jpg

ย 

She was a beautiful woman!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

27 minutes ago, WeunXK said:

that such a stunner especially against the black canvas. it would certainly stand out if it was a wedding gown.

:thumbsup:

ย 

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

Omo! You know who looked beautiful in her wedding dress? :love: Grace Kelly!

thats handloom or handmade lace. you can't get that kind of quality now because many of the top end manufacturers have closed shop. there is one place in England and another in France. both are super expensive and they are also fading out. the artisans are all old and so new ones don't necessarily know how to use those handlooms or the techniques. it can take several years to gain expertise. plus the machines are old and hard to replace.

so yea, factory made lace from these days wouldn't have the kind of look in that outfit.

how do I know this -- random YT documentaries that I watch on anything and everything. hahahahha...ย 

ย 

19 minutes ago, WeunXK said:

wasn't this a barbie outfit? I feel like I have seen this in miniature?ย :sweatingbullets:

maybe it was inspired by the movie?ย 

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, partyon said:

You got the sleeves you wanted. Shall I add it to the poll?

ย 

Sure, the more choices the merrier. ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Yang Mi's wedding dress is one that I quite liked. The couple is divorced now, but I really, really like how pretty her dress.ย 

ย 

fdf0a9c0409c44c6bdb82dae3603973a.jpg

ctto

ย 

And there's this Heart Evangelista's renewal of vows Ellie Saab gown. She's a fashion personality I follow.

ย 

e1f698826787dd75984140d10e180b48e8bf1c0f

ctto

ย 

52b09aba5af4346729c60f0b3a5396aa99ffe2bb

ctto

ย 

27 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

please share stories for entertainment. am all ears.ย :lol:

ย 

I was a choir girl for all my teen years, so I've seen all kinds of wedding gowns too.ย 

ย 

Hmm, there was that wedding that the mother of the bride didn't go to the wedding ceremony. She was apparently not happy with the daughter getting married young (she's already pregnant that time), and to show her disapproval, she never dressed up, she was never in photos, and she stayed in the kitchen area washing the dishes. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

thats handloom or handmade lace. you can't get that kind of quality now because many of the top end manufacturers have closed shop. there is one place in England and another in France. both are super expensive and they are also fading out. the artisans are all old and so new ones don't necessarily know how to use those handlooms or the techniques. it can take several years to gain expertise. plus the machines are old and hard to replace.

ย 

The funny thing is that this dress was made by MGM studios back in the 50s when Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier got married. Am not sure how the lace was made, but I think it was American.

ย 

Random fact that I remember reading as a 12 year old kid about Grace Kelly.

Bear With Me Cate Blanchett GIF by Whereโ€™d You Go Bernadette

ย 

As you know, she was a big movie star when she met Monaco's Prince Rainier. Him being a Catholic, it was imperative that his wife was a virgin. But you know, she was already an established movie star, so it's more than likely that she had had boyfriends through the years.

So when she went through an exam to establish her virginity, it was noted in the official papers that she had lost it in a "horse riding accident" as a teenager.

:spitswater:

Why I still remember this random fact about her, I don't know. :sweats:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

The funny thing is that this dress was made by MGM studios back in the 50s when Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier got married. Am not sure how the lace was made, but I think it was American.

one of the lace manufacturers mentioned how their product was used in big weddings like Grace Kelly as well as Meghan Markle. Thats why I remembered it when you showed the photo. apparently, there is some technique that can only be done in handloom (and not factory) and so the lace has some interesting designs. some of their designs go back decades. it is just sad that without proper support, all these artisans skills would be forgotten.ย 

ย 

thats why I think it is important for govt culture authorities to take interest. here, we have the handloom tag on products which lets us know if it is artisan made.ย there has been some effort to preserve the techniques which dates back hundreds of years. otherwise, they would be all wiped out by factories. sad really.

ย 

for that reason at least, I think we need big weddings where people are willing to spend. even if it is a monster like the silly one we had for months. like @kokodusย said, people behind the scenes got jobs and all those clothes were made by artisans since everyone was splurging.ย 

ย 

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

And there's this Heart Evangelista's renewal of vows Ellie Saab gown.

the Lebanese designers like Ellie Saab have such interesting work. there is a lot of beading, embroidery and superior tailoring.ย 

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it is just sad that without proper support, all these artisans skills would be forgotten.ย 

ย 

Am trying to remember which country it was where I met these artisan lace makers and got to see them in action. It was so cool to see! The cost of the lace was expensive, but it's understandable as it is such a tedious job and takes a long time to finish. I wish I could remember - it was within the last 2 years.

I think I travel too much. :crybaby:

Which royal wedding dresses have been your favorite btw?

1912858386b9-royal-wedding-dresses-t.jpg

ย 

95a3050ae5f47c9dd9fcb5e829c7c336.jpg

ย 

sfprimary-e07572522fed45ad9197bfbe7038df

ย 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1