[Current Drama 2024] Good Partner, 굿파트너- Jang Na Ra & Nam Ji hyun -Friday & Saturday @ 22:00KST

larus

Good Partner: Episodes 10-11

by quirkycase

Confidence, in ourselves and in who we believe others to be, is the name of the game this week. Divorce cases often bring the unexpected, leaving many of our characters’ confidence shaken as they are forced to adapt to unforeseen scenarios. Not everyone is struggling, though. One of our lawyers is hitting her stride and starting to feel sure of herself for the first time.

EPISODES 10-11

Oh how far Ji-sang has fallen. His selfishness has truly cost him everything, and it’s only just hitting him. Not even Sara is on his side anymore now that she recognizes he never loved her. As she’s coming to that realization, she has a miscarriage and puts an end to their relationship once and for all. While Sara has been truly terrible, it’s a tragic end that no one deserves. But her sobered demeanor suggests there’s hope that, having been through a relationship like this, she’ll learn from it.

Ji-sang can handle just about anything else, but he is stunned when he learns Jae-hee chose her mom. At first, as always, he blames everyone but himself. However, even he can’t pretend he’s not at fault when Jae-hee tells him she’s known about the affair for a year and kept quiet to protect her mom. Still, he begs her to live with him and is distraught when Jae-hee cries that losing her is his punishment – she knows nothing else would be enough.

His love for Jae-hee finally wins out and he takes full responsibility for his mistakes, recognizing that it’s no one’s fault but his own that he’s losing her. He agrees to end the suit quickly and not make things harder for her and her mom.

No matter how unlikable Ji-sang is, watching Jae-hee sob as she grieves losing her once unshakable relationship with her father is heartbreaking. He does exactly as Jae-hee asks and cedes custody to Eun-kyung, agreeing to a settlement. And what do you know, he finally apologizes to Eun-kyung. And just like that, they’re divorced. I assumed the divorce would go to trial, but I’m glad that we didn’t drag it out any further.

I love that, from this case, Eun-kyung learned to be a better mom and Ji-sang is learning to accept responsibility, but the divorce cases so far have all ended positively with couples unequivocally better off afterward. I’d love to see some cases that deal with more complex fallout or murkier results where divorce doesn’t result in more enlightened parents or happier individuals. Yuri does mention that many people regret divorces, so I’m hopeful we’ll get to see some of those cases too.

We do, however, get a case this week where divorce may not be the best option for the couple. In an all-too-familiar tale, a woman is at her wits end after being taken for granted by her family for decades. All she wants is to have her own identity and live for herself now that her children are grown. Her family acts like she’s being unreasonable, likely so they won’t have to start doing things for themselves for once. But the threat of divorce and presence of attorneys make them hear her out.

In the end, they come to a compromise both husband and wife are happy with: a trial period of two years where they live apart and work to repair their relationship. All else fails, they’ll divorce. In this instance, it’s clear the husband and wife do still care about each other, so trying to fix the relationship makes sense. What the woman truly wanted was to be heard and seen for who she is, not what she can do for her family. So long as her husband is willing to do that, they can both be happy as they are.

Eun-kyung is dealing with her own related but almost opposite predicament where she also has lost herself – however, she struggles with the feeling that she’s not needed by anyone. With her incredible record as an attorney, you’d think she’d be secure in her career at the very least. That’s before throwing an unreasonable man in the mix.

The CEO decides now is the time to push Eun-kyung out. Sure, she may have been his most successful lawyer for many of her past 17 years at the firm, but he doesn’t like that her personal life is messy. Not only that, but he’s thinking of dissolving the entire divorce team. Whatever his official reasons, I’d wager he’s threatened by Eun-kyung’s success and how she’s the face of the firm; Woo-jin is the one who is supposed to lead the firm down the line, not Eun-kyung.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/good-partner-episodes-10-11/

• Like 1

I agree with most of the summary but SR didn’t end her affair with a married man, he ended it well before the last scene. She was waiting for him when he got home, much to his annoyance. They argued and he told her to get out. In that heated time, she had pains. 

I think if he told her that he would continue with her after losing JH, she would stay despite him ending it with her earlier. The woman had delusions of that the man loved her, else she would have gone on contraception.

Spoiler

Jang Nara And Nam Ji Hyun’s Relationship Becomes Strained In “Good Partner”

Jang Nara And Nam Ji Hyun’s Relationship Becomes Strained In “Good Partner”

Good Partner” has shared stills from its upcoming episode!

Written by an actual divorce attorney, “Good Partner” is a drama that depicts the humorous struggles of two very different divorce lawyers: Cha Eun Kyung (Jang Nara), a star lawyer for whom divorce is her calling, and Han Yu Ri (Nam Ji Hyun), a rookie lawyer who is still new to divorce.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Cha Eun Kyung and Han Yu Ri began to stand on their own in their respective roles. Cha Eun Kyung started struggling with the thought that she might not be needed at the company or by her daughter Jae Hee (Yuna).

The stills depicts Han Yu Ri meeting with the CEO Oh Dae Gyu (Jung Jae Sung). Han Yu Ri, who is usually bright and cheerful, has a dejected look on her face. In one photo, she is seen reviewing the VIP case file with a serious expression.

good-partner-5.jpg

Spoiler

good-partner-4.jpg

good-partner-3.jpg

In a preview video for the upcoming episode, Oh Dae Gyu told Han Yu Ri that if she handles the VIP case alone and gets it dismissed, he would postpone the dismissal of Cha Eun Kyung, heightening intrigue about the case Han Yu Ri will take on.

The tense atmosphere between Cha Eun Kyung and Han Yu Ri upon Cha Eun Kyung’s return from vacation further amplifies viewers’ curiosity. The contrast between Cha Eun Kyung’s resolute gaze and Han Yu Ri’s flustered expression suggests that there is a deep rift between them.

good-partner-1.jpg

Spoiler

good-partner-2.jpg

The production team of “Good Partner” commented, “Cha Eun Kyung will face another crisis in episode 12. The episode will depict Cha Eun Kyung’s confusion and choices as she continues to be pressured to leave her job. Please stay tuned to see how Cha Eun Kyung will overcome this crisis.”

The next episode of “Good Partner” airs on September 6 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686361wpp/jang-nara-and-nam-ji-hyuns-relationship-becomes-strained-in-good-partner

The next episode is supposedly the last. Is it extended? 
For the FL to have another crisis and resolved in an hour seems a bit rushed. But then there is no wedding or making up in the offing. EK and JS are over. 
Most likely JH will spend time with her dad and EK will kick out the old sour face. 
It’s a bit strange for a big firm to have one man running the show. SML is the nephew and a partner. After 17 years , CEK is not partner? 

Spoiler

Kwak Si Yang Has Jang Nara And Nam Ji Hyun On Edge As An Unusual New Client In

Kwak Si Yang Has Jang Nara And Nam Ji Hyun On Edge As An Unusual New Client In "Good Partner"

SBS’s “Good Partner” has shared a sneak peek of Kwak Si Yang’s upcoming special appearance!

Written by an actual divorce attorney, “Good Partner” is a drama that depicts the struggles of two very different divorce lawyers: Cha Eun Kyung (Jang Nara), a star lawyer for whom divorce is her calling, and Han Yu Ri (Nam Ji Hyun), a rookie lawyer who is still new to divorce.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Good Partner,” Han Yu Ri successfully handled a case in Cha Eun Kyung’s absence with the help of Jung Eun Ho (Block B’s P.O).

Meanwhile, Cha Eun Kyung was heartbroken at the thought that she might not be needed by her daughter or at the firm.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Kwak Si Yang makes a special appearance as Cha Eun Kyung and Han Yu Ri’s latest client Chun Hwan Seo.

The tension is palpable during Chun Hwan Seo’s meeting with the two attorneys, who are both visibly on edge as they interact with him. Cha Eun Kyung’s gaze is sharp and discerning, while Han Yu Ri’s demeanor towards their new client is notably cold.

Chun Hwan Seo, on the other hand, seems entirely relaxed as he leans back in his chair with a cocky smirk.

Jang-Nara.jpegNam-Ji-Hyun.jpegKwak-Si-Yang.jpeg

The “Good Partner” production team remarked, “Kwak Si Yang’s special appearance added depth to the story. He will deliver a strong performance as a client that transcends the imagination.”

They went on to tease, “Please keep an eye on what sort of change Cha Eun Kyung and Han Yu Ri will face as a result of Chun Hwan Seo’s case.”

To catch Kwak Si Yang’s special appearance, tune in to the next episode of “Good Partner” on September 6 at 10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686620wpp/kwak-si-yang-has-jang-nara-and-nam-ji-hyun-on-edge-as-a-new-client-in-good-partner

• Like 2

Will definitely miss this drama, the shorter format of 10 to 12 episodes, has made it hard for many K dramas, although some have adapted well - however, there are just some dramas, you really wish to have the 16 or maybe 20 episodes. I would even welcome another two seasons, not a forever series, but there is still so much to learn about all the characters and although, I don’t really like the format of differing stories each episode pertaining to their work, this has been really very intelligent, smart, human writing. The whole cast has worked so beautifully together, the directing, writing, allowing them their character arcs… look forward to tonight and tomorrow’s episodes

From a divorce case and now a murder case... It was so intense watching tonight's episode. 

Let's see what's going to happen tomorrow.

Some resources wrote 16 and some wrote total of 17 episodes for this drama.  I wonder which one.

• Like 1

I didn’t like the last episode. It was disappointing. The scenes with JH missing her dad and asking if he was out of their lives was so sad. I really expected a continuation of this scene, some romantic connections for EK and Ms Han before ending a greatly enjoyable show. But no, it wasn’t. 

Instead a new domestic violence case was introduced. I had volunteered for a battered women centre, the woman would have escaped long ago. The only reason a woman with money & resources would not or could not leave was because of the children. They had none. She was not locked up, she seemed free to move around. All right, it’s kdrama but still a little thinking would make it interesting. Her mother refused to let her in?? I guess there are parents like her. Run to the police station, stay there.

CEK’s reaction to Ms Han taking a major case was rather odd. She had worked there for 17 years, she would be able to read the writing on the wall especially when the CEO had told her that he wanted her to quit. Yet, she looked confused. They should show her making phone calls to other firms. Even if she fought to stay, she should have a plan B, it’s just what a strong, decisive character like her would do.

Running off in the night to an abuser’s house alone?  

The preview shows her taking the stand as a witness against the husband. I’d like to see the CEO hit the roof.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 12 :)

20240907005532_Black-Out-Good-Partner.jp

"Black Out" Ratings Climb To New All-Time High + "Good Partner" Remains No. 1

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Good Partner”—which shares a time slot with “Black Out”—continued its reign as the most-watched show of any kind to air on Friday. The popular drama scored an average nationwide rating of 1.4 percent for its latest episode.

“Good Partner” also took first place in its time slot across all channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 4.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686728wpp/black-out-ratings-climb-to-new-all-time-high-good-partner-remains-no-1

by lo_ve, September 6, 2024
1 2

Actor Kwak Shi Yang will be making a special cameo appearance in the upcoming 12th episode of Good Partner.

On September 6, SBS released the teaser photos of the upcoming episode of the hit K-drama Good Partner. Aside from the pictures of the main leads, SBS teased Kwak Shi Yang's cameo appearance. 

Good Partner revolves around the daily life and struggles of divorce lawyers. It focuses on the veteran divorce lawyer Cha Eun Kyung and rookie divorce lawyer Han Yoo Ri working at the Law Firm Daejung. 

Jang Na Ra, Nam Ji Hyun, Kim Joon Han, BLOCK B's P.O., Ji Seung Hyun, and Han Jae Yi are the main leads of the series. 

Director Kim Ga Ram (Nevertheless and Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency) and writer Choi Yoo Na are working together to create the series. 

Kwak Shi Yang will portray the role of Chun Hwan Seo, the new client of Cha Eun Kyung (Jang Na Ra) and Han Yoo Ri (Nam Ji Hyun). In the series, Chun Hwan Seo is portrayed as a seemingly cold and cocky client who makes the divorce lawyers uneasy when interacting with him. It raises questions about why he visited and chose divorce lawyers Cha Eun Kyung and Han Yoo Ri. 

The episode featuring Kwak Shi Yang will be the twelfth episode and will premiere later today at 10 PM KST.

RBbqVx_2f.jpg

This will be the second K-drama of Kwak Shi Yang for the year. Early this year, he starred in the hit series Flex X Cop alongside Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Ji Hyun, Kang Sang Jun, Kim Shin Bi, and Jang Hyun Sung. The actor is also set to appear in the upcoming 2024 films You Will Die After Six Hours and The Desperate Chase

Next year, Kwak Shi Yang will star in the upcoming K-drama My Dearest Nemesis with Mun Ka Young, Choi Hyun Wook, and Im Se Mi.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/kwak-shi-yang-to-appear-in-the-upcoming-episode-of-good-partner

• Like 1

It definitely has more than 12 episodes.

The two ladies rushed off to Chun’s house which they later claimed to want to save Chun’s wife. The whole scene was unbelievable. If EK had grabbed any guy in the office to accompany her, it would be believable. The characters have been an excellent balance of novice and mentor. Now the mentor in her professional capacity is acting in a way many people would say WTH.

In fact Jung later asked her why she did it and she replied that she did not know why. So the writer must have been aware of viewers asking the same question.

Once they got there, EK told YR to wait outside since she did not want the public/media to find out her presence in the house and thus implicating the firm. Like how? Treat domestic violence as if it is a teeny weeny problem. Both of them had glimpses of the man’s violent nature from the wife’s behaviour at the hearing and he had also told EK that he wanted to kill Yoo.

The whole scene just was not meshing with the show. It was choppy too. One minute she was running away barefoot from Chun and then she was home.  Were they neighbours? Did they take a taxi to his house? It was such minor details that ruined the storyline for me. 

I can’t believe 15 years in jail for murdering his wife was considered heavy. 

I hope it is not an indication of the show sliding down to silly attempts to catch viewers. 

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

20240908005512_Black-Out.jpg?s=900x600&e

"Black Out" Kicks Off 2nd Half On Its Highest Ratings Yet Despite Stiff Competition From "Good Partner"

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Good Partner”—which airs in the same time slot as “Black Out”—continued its reign at No. 1. The drama rose to an average nationwide rating of 16.3 percent for the night, taking first place in its time slot across all channels.

“Good Partner” was also the most-watched show of the entire week among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 5.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686817wpp/black-out-kicks-off-2nd-half-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-despite-stiff-competition-from-good-partner

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (September 7, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

DaebakGrits

Good Partner: Was not expecting this drama to suck me in, but it did. I find myself praising the nuanced way the show discusses marriage, divorce, parenting, and finding one’s personal identity while trying to balance one or more of the aforementioned. And when I’m not sympathizing with the case-of-the-day characters, I’m having fun giving massive side-eye to Ji-sang and Sara’s trainwreck affair.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-september-7-2024/

by Lily Alice, September 7, 2024

The SBS law drama Good Partner scored 14.4% for episode 12, dropping from 15.5% (episode 10) and 15.4% (episode 11). Nevertheless, the K-drama remained the most-watched in its time slot. 

RBbxYR_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Good Partner?

Episode 13 of Good Partner will air on September 7 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/bad-memory-eraser-sees-ratings-improvement-good-partner-continues-with-double-digit-viewership