[Drama 2024] Lovely Runner, 선재 업고 튀어

larus

Here is the ratings for Episode 15! :)

20240528022656_lovely-runner-0527.jpeg?s

"Lovely Runner" Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet Ahead Of Finale

The second to final episode of “Lovely Runner” hit a new all-time high in viewership last night!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 15 of tvN’s “Lovely Runner” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 5.3 percent. This is a 0.5 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 4.8 percent, setting a new personal best score.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664373wpp/lovely-runner-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-ahead-of-finale

• Like 2

Watch: Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Are As Lovey-Dovey As Ever In Preview Of

Watch: Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Are As Lovey-Dovey As Ever In Preview Of "Lovely Runner" Finale

Ahead of the series finale, tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has shared a glimpse of Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon’s lovey-dovey moments!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

In the pre-released clip from episode 16, Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol are texting each other while Im Sol is still working at a cafe. Ryu Sun Jae, who could not stand not being able to see Im Sol, comes to the cafe where Im Sol is working without telling her. Just to treat Im Sol to sweets, Ryu Sun Jae orders a luxurious afternoon tea set for every table in the cafe so that no one will notice their special relationship.

However, Im Sol can no longer focus on her work due to his appearance at the cafe, so she packs up and walks out, leaving Ryu Sun Jae baffled.

Watch the preview of episode 16 below!

The final episode of “Lovely Runner” airs on May 28 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664404wpp/watch-byeon-woo-seok-and-kim-hye-yoon-are-as-lovey-dovey-as-ever-in-preview-of-lovely-runner-finale

• Like 3

20240528085933_lovely-runner-000.jpg?s=9"Lovely Runner" Cast Members Choose The Drama's Best Scenes Ahead Of The Finale

May 28, 2024
by S Kim

Lovely Runner” cast members have shared the best scenes of their choice!

On May 28, tvN revealed the best scenes that were personally selected by each of the lead actors Byeon Woo Seok, Kim Hye Yoon, Song Geon Hee, and Lee Seung Hyub.

Byeon Woo Seok, who became an icon of pure love by portraying Ryu Seon Jae, said, “I remember the scene (in episode 15) where Sun Jae restores his lost memories.”

He explained, “It is the moment when Sun Jae, who has lived for 15 years with forgotten memories, reunites with Im Sol. The deep and desperate feelings of Sun Jae that I felt while acting were so vivid that I had lingering emotions, which is why I remember that scene the most.“

Kim Hye Yoon, who plays Im Sol, shared, “It is the scene (in episode 2) where Im Sol runs toward Sun Jae while holding a yellow umbrella. I thought it was Sun Jae and Im Sol’s first meeting and the beginning of their relationship at the same time.”

Song Geon Hee, who takes on the role of Kim Tae Sung, also picked the same scene as Kim Hye Yoon. He remarked, “I think the epilogue of episode 2 is the best scene. I was impressed by the process of depicting Sun Jae’s feelings and how he falls in love with Im Sol as soon as he sees her holding an umbrella for him.”

Lee Seung Hyub, who plays Eclipse’s leader Baek In Hyuk, shared, “I remember the scene (in episode 10) where [Bae In Hyuk] parodies Jung Dae Man (Mitsui Hisashi) from ‘Slam Dunk’ by saying, ‘I want to do music.'”

He explained, “Even though it was Bae In Hyuk’s imagination, it was my first time acting with this much of a comical element. As it was a new challenge, I was very nervous at the time of filming. But I was also able to enjoy watching it because viewers said that it was entertaining.”

Spoiler

bae-in-hyuk.png

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664422wpp/lovely-runner-cast-members-choose-the-dramas-best-scenes-ahead-of-the-finale

• Like 3

The finale was so beautiful 😍

This is one of the best romcom timeslip fantasy drama ever

Byeon Woo Seok & Kim Hye Yoon were so good and beautiful together, hope to see them again soon

• Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2024] Lovely Runner, 선재 업고 튀어

20240528141800_Byeon-Woo-Seok-Kim-Hye-Yo"Lovely Runner" Releases Stunning Wedding Photos After Finale

May 28, 2024
by E Cha

After winding to a close, tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has celebrated its end by sharing some gorgeous wedding photos!

On May 28, the hit drama wrapped up its successful run by airing its highly-anticipated series finale—and immediately after the episode aired, tvN released several beautiful wedding photos of Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok) and Im Sol (Kim Hye Yoon).

Kim-Hye-Yoon-Byeon-Woo-Seok.jpeg

Byeon-Woo-Seok-Kim-Hye-Yoon-3.jpeg

Spoiler

Byeon-Woo-Seok-4.jpeg

Kim-Hye-Yoon-1.jpeg

Kim-Hye-Yoon-2-1.jpeg

Byeon-Woo-Seok-2-1.jpeg

Lovely-Runner-4.jpeg

Lovely-Runner-2-1.jpeg

Byeon-Woo-Seok-Kim-Hye-Yoon-4.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664535wpp/lovely-runner-releases-stunning-wedding-photos-after-finale

• Like 3

Even despite the timeslip, and a lost first meeting, Sun Jae comes to remember her and all their timelines together.

A wonderful story with an absolutely beautiful ending - Easily one of 2024's best drama's  :heart:

• Like 2

What i like about the finale:

1. Pyscho died the way he tried to kill Sol/Sunjae - it was so so satisfying to watch. THE LEGENDARY WHITE TRUCK OF DOOM, HAHA.

2. The reunion of Sol/Sunjae - when Sol broke out in tears realising Sunjae remembered, it was so heartbreaking. Kim Hyeyoon really nailed it!

3. Wrapping up on side characters like Sol's bro/bff, Tae Sung, Tae Sung's dad, Sunjae's dad and Sol's mum etc - the funny moments, bromance, family love is just so funny to watch. I really dont mind all these fillers :)

4. Tae Sung's father words that pyscho's death may have meant another person get to live - he has never been so right! His death broke the curse between Sol and Sunjae. 

5. Grandma's words to Sunjae - Byeon Woo Seok nailed it here too. 

6. The "cancelled" proposal scene on the ship reminds me of when Sol tried to stop the restaurant owner from playing her Tae Sung song, haha, only that it was so hilarious when In Hyuk and Dong Seok had to pick up the flower petals!

7. The finale with Sunjae proposing at the cherry blossoms park is very romantic. Let's not dwell on how the ring suddenly appears in her hand, (not just in her hand, but under the petals?!) but how this is so much more than an elaborate and loud proposal. I really love that the scene was so bright, and they were wearing like white. This is a huge contrast to their previous kiss scenes where its mostly shot at night and it feels gloomy and sad. The bright setting shows like they are really going to enjoy happy days and everything will be OK! So i really like it.

8. Omg the imaginary wedding scene - is that a indication for a special episode? Hehehe.

I do have some qns left unanswered, so just sharing here too:

1. When Sol travelled back the 4th time to stop their first meeting, she stayed there all the way and hence didnt fall in love w Tae Sung? 

2. If so, did she encounter pyscho or not? Else why pyscho still hover around them after released from jail? (Tae Sung father caught him in 2008)

3. Is Sunjae part of Eclipse in final timeline or not? The ep where Sunjae dad spoke to Grandma at restaurant, he rambling about Sunjae's concert, yet thereafter it looked as if Sunjae is portrayed as just a famous actor? Slight confused. 

In all, i started this drama for Hyeyooni and didnt expect i will be so addicted to it. Really my fav kdrama of 2024.

❤️🩷🧡💛💚💙🩵💜

(Reminds me of the time when i was crazy over You're Beautiful drama, chuckles.)

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 16 *Last episode*! :)

20240529015421_sol-sun-01.jpeg?s=900x600

"Lovely Runner" Ends On Highest Viewership Ratings Of Its Entire Run

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” went out on a high note!

According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Lovely Runner” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 5.8 percent. This is a 0.5 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 5.3 percent, marking the drama’s new personal best score.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664633wpp/lovely-runner-ends-on-highest-viewership-ratings-of-its-entire-run

• Like 1

20240529102314_lovely-runner-final.jpg?sWatch: Byeon Woo Seok, Kim Hye Yoon, And More Bid Farewell To “Lovely Runner” With Closing Remarks

May 29, 2024
by M Lim

Byeon Woo SeokKim Hye YoonSong Geon Hee, and N.Flying’s Lee Seung Hyub have expressed their gratitude following “Lovely Runner” successful conclusion!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

Byeon Wooseok remarked, “Although I had dreamed that a moment like this would someday come, I never expected it to arrive at once so suddenly so everything still feels surreal.”

He added, “I lived as Sun Jae for over a year, and even now, I’m still overwhelmed with indescribable emotions. This drama was like a dream and was the most meaningful one for me, I hope it was the same for the viewers too.” He concluded by saying, “I’m so grateful to Sun Jae for coming into my life. In the future too, I ask for your continued interest and love for me, Byeon Wooseok. Thank you.”

byeon-woo-seok-0.jpg

Kim Hye Yoon shared, “I spent four seasons with Sol. Every moment of playing her was filled with joyful memories, and I was very happy. It’s such a pity that it’s ended now, but I want to thank everyone who loved Sol, a character I will always remember in my heart.”

She added, “It was an honor to play the bright and positive Sol, who perfectly embodies the phrase ‘iron hand in a velvet glove.’ During my time as Sol, I learned a lot not just as an actress but also as a person. Lastly, I want to thank everyone who loved ‘Lovely Runner’ and Im Sol. I will greet you with more diverse roles in the future, so please look forward to it and wait for me.”

kim-hye-yoon-0.jpg

Song Geon Hee, who received praise for his outstanding performance as Kim Tae Sung, who harbors an unrequited love for Im Sol, shared a heartfelt message on his blog: “Thanks to my role as Tae Sung in ‘Lovely Runner,’ many people have shown interest and support, which has been a great source of strength for me.”

He continued, “I’m still a novice actor with much to learn, but I would like to once again express my gratitude to those who view me with warmth and support. It’s hard to believe I could have such a precious experience in my life. The enthusiastic support from fans and the memories of our meet-and-greet events still linger with me.”

He added, “It was an honor and the most amazing moment in my life, and I wonder if I’ll ever experience something like this again. I’m truly grateful to everyone who loved the drama and for giving me a beautiful chapter of my youth to cherish and reflect on for a long time. Thank you for loving ‘Lovely Runner’ and Tae Sung. I promise to continue acting happily for a long time.”

Spoiler

song-geon-hee.jpg

Lee Seung Hyub, who starred as Ryu Sun Jae’s best friend Baek In Hyuk, shared, “We filmed for a long time, and it’s a pity that it’s already over. It feels even more regrettable because In Hyuk received so much love from the drama. I approached the filming with a sense of responsibility to do well at every moment, but once we started, everyone did it in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere, making it an even more memorable project.”

He continued, “It seems like more people have come to know me through ‘Lovely Runner,’ so I want to greet you with even better projects in the future. Along with my family-like members and N.Fia [fan club], I want to show my growth through my activities with N.Flying, both as an actor and as the leader of N.Flying. Lastly, thank you once again for loving ‘Lovely Runner’ and In Hyuk. Please continue to look forward to my future endeavors.”

Spoiler

lee-seung-hyub.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664759wpp/watch-byeon-woo-seok-kim-hye-yoon-and-more-bid-farewell-to-lovely-runner-with-closing-remarks

• Like 1

KimHyeYoon for GQ talk about her crying scene throughout LovelyRunner, "Actually I'm not a person who cried a lot because I'm a big 'T' person... If I think I'm going to cry, I should just pour it out quickly, otherwise it will be so stuffy. So when I thought I'm going to cry, I will cry once and short. It doesn't solve anything by doing it too long. Crying when something happens doesn't solve anything."

Watch: Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Show Adorable Off-Screen Chemistry On Set Of “Lovely Runner”

Watch: Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Show Adorable Off-Screen Chemistry On Set Of “Lovely Runner”

Following the successful conclusion of the tvN’s beloved series “Lovely Runner,” fans have been gifted with a new making-of video!

In the newly released video, Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon showcase their close bond by answering various questions about each other while sharing playful moments.

When asked what kind of gifts they would like to give each other, Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon choose “perfume” and “chocolates” respectively. When Kim Hye Yoon jokingly sniffs her arm and asks, “Do I stink?” Byeon Woo Seok explains that he remembers her tendency to use different perfumes for each project, expressing his consideration for her. Kim Hye Yoon also explains her choice, noting that he always has a sweet tooth.

The duo also candidly talks about their first impressions of each other. Kim Hye Yoon recalls feeling an immediate closeness even when they first met, and now describes him as “like an oppa living next door.” Byeon Woo Seok also shares his initial impression of Kim Hye Yoon, stating, “The image I had of her was that she was diligent, bright, and had a pretty smile.” He further praises her, saying, “She still carries bright energy whenever I meet her, which enables me to work with a smile.”

During the filming of the wedding scene, the actors are questioned again, “What does Im Sol mean to Ryu Sun Jae, and what does Ryu Sun Jae mean to Im Sol?”

Byeon Woo Seok responds with a heartfelt “Everything,” while Kim Hye Yoon replies, “Cotton candy, because it’s sweet to be around him.”

Watch the full video here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_onz2h7T-Eg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665141wpp/watch-byeon-woo-seok-and-kim-hye-yoon-show-adorable-off-screen-chemistry-on-set-of-lovely-runner

‘My everything’: Lovely Runner’s Kim Hye Yoon, Byeon Woo Seok talk what Im Sol and Sun Jae mean to each other in BTS video

Lovely Runner released the final making of video of the K-drama compiling the behind the scenes interactions and interviews of the lead stars Kim Hye Yoon and Byeon Woo Seok along with others.

Published on May 31, 2024

1348936299_kim-hye-yoon-byeon-woo-seok.j

After the heartwarming finale of tvN’s popular time-slip romance show Lovely Runner, fans are treated to a delightful behind-the-scenes video! In this fresh release, actors Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon, who portray Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol, reveal their tight-knit friendship as they answer fun questions about each other and share playful moments.

In the making-of video, Kim Hye Yoon and Byeon Woo Seok answered several questions about each other and about themselves. When asked about Byeon Woo Seok's three best points, Kim Hye Yoon replied that he smiles well/ laughs a lot, is considerate, and finally, he is very kind. For Byeon Woo Seok, it was that she is cute, works really hard, and laughs really well, even if things aren't that funny. 

When asked about their number one treasure, Kim Hye Yoon jokingly said that the question is something asked when one forgets their password. Byeon Woo Seok replied that his number one treasure is his family, and Kim Hye Yoon agreed, saying that for her too, it has always been her family – her mom, dad, and sister – as family is the best.

When asked about their favorite subjects, Kim Hye Yoon said that PE (Physical Education) was fun for her. However, for Byeon Woo Seok, it was mathematics, and he mentioned that he worked hard until the second grade. When questioned about their personalities during schooling, Kim Hye Yoon said she was very active and talkative, describing herself as energetic. Byeon Woo Seok mentioned that he was someone who loved exercise, so he often played soccer and basketball and frequented computer shops as well.

When asked to guess each other's birthdays, the duo say it together. While Kim Hye Yoon gets it correct with October 31st, Byeon Woo Seok gets it wrong, saying March 3rd, when Hye Yoon's birthday is actually November 10th. This hilariously shocks Hye Yoon, and Byeon Woo Seok slowly backs away after realizing his mistake, leading to a funny moment.

During the filming of the wedding scene, the actors are asked again, "What does Im Sol mean to Ryu Sun Jae, and what does Ryu Sun Jae mean to Im Sol?" Byeon Woo Seok responded with a heartfelt " My everything," while Kim Hye Yoon replies, "Cotton candy, because it's sweet to be around him."

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/my-everything-lovely-runners-kim-hye-yoon-byeon-woo-seok-talk-what-im-sol-and-sun-jae-mean-to-each-other-in-bts-video-1311866

by Lily Alice, May 31, 2024
1 1

Actress Kim Hye Yoon, who is basking in the glory of the success of Lovely Runner, talked about the actors she has worked with so far.

Recently, Kim Hye Yoon conducted an interview with local reporters in Gangnam, Seoul. Talking about her recent drama's success, she said, "I am happy every day because of the huge attention and love for Lovely Runner."

Following Extraordinary You, where she worked with Lee Jae Wook and Rowoon, Kim Hye Yoon now became famous for her synergy with Byeon Woo Seok. Lee Jae Wook, Rowoon, and Byeon Woo Seok are all tall actors, each over 185 cm in height. But Kim Hye Yoon, despite having a petite frame, is praised for her perfect synergy with these tall actors.

Kim Hye Yoon said, "(Byeon Woo Seok) is similar in height to Rowoon. Maybe because I've been acting with tall actors, I've developed some know-how. When acting together, I stand on a box, and when the scene ends, I can't suddenly disappear, right?" She laughed, "So I get out of the camera frame naturally on tiptoes, pretending the box is still there even after it's gone." 

60zPzP_2f.png

Lee Jae Wook and Rowoon, who worked with Kim Hye Yoon in Extraordinary You, rose to stardom following the drama. Byeon Woo Seok, who had a long period of obscurity, is also receiving great love thanks to Lovely Runner. As a result, some people even call them "actors raised by Kim Hye Yoon."

Regarding this, Kim Hye Yoon humbly said, "I am grateful for such remarks, but I think those actors were bound to succeed anyway, regardless of working with me. If I have to point out my contribution, it might be that the height difference when standing next to them makes them stand out more."

vX5Z5g_2f.png

Spoiler

x4wOwy_2f.png

When asked which of the three actors she is most proud of, Kim Hye Yoon said, "Since I recently worked with Byeon Woo Seok in Lovely Runner, I would choose him. From the perspective of someone who has watched him closely since the first episode, he seems to be soaring higher and higher," she laughed, "Now, it seems I need to catch up to him."

https://mydramalist.com/article/byeon-woo-seok-lee-jae-wook-rowoon-those-actors-were-bound-to-succeed-anyway-says-kim-hye-yoon

Lovely Runner: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by Dramaddictally

It’s over! But as we’ve learned from our tethered-by-time twosome, it’s never really the end. So, as our leads battle it out for which ending they like best (with a little help from a certain good-looking detective), we get to nuzzle into the fact that love stories like this live long past the last episode. And I, for one, will be watching this beauty again and again.

EPISODES 15-16

So, what exactly are the rules for time travel, crime motives, and fated deaths in this drama? Wait. I don’t care! This is a love story for the ages that I will have on replay until my heart literally bursts from too many feels — and that’s good enough for me. From start to finish, our three leads were immaculate, with writing and directing to match. And I know it’s only May, but I’m calling it now: best drama of the year. Get your abacus ready, ‘cause come December, this show will be racking up the beans.

These last episodes gave us back that grown-and-sexy vibe we had a glimpse of earlier, which pulled our characters a helluva long way from where we met them, and made this finale so fun to watch. It’s all about falling in love — again! — but now our OTP has all the experience of the prior timelines to guide them. Maybe Sol liked the original ending for this story, but I sure didn’t — and this time around, the universe is on my (and Sun-jae’s) side.

We open on the Ferris wheel where we left off last week. Sol is suddenly sick and unconscious with fever, which gives Sun-jae a good reason to truck her to his apartment and keep watch by her bedside. In her delirious state, she holds his hand, calls his name, and weeps — and he’s not going to forget about it anytime soon, even if she does.

In the morning, she’s feeling fine and tries to scamper out the door but runs smack into Sun-jae toweling his tresses (hello, Byun Woo-seok with wet hair). They have a little stand-off where she’s upset he brought her there and he thinks he did her a favor. Every second these two are in the same room from here on out he’s hitting on her, and the confidence is just beaming out of him. (How is this the same guy from the high school uniform days?!)

They have breakfast together (since he’s hidden her shoes so she can’t run away), and he tells her he doesn’t want her to quit her job and give up on her dreams. But stubborn Sol just replies that she wants the person she loves to live a long and healthy life, and so, she’s doing it anyway.

When they get downstairs, Detective Tae-sung is in the lobby, investigating the case of the serial killer cabbie. Sol is quick to make excuses for why she’s with Sun-jae at his place so early in the morning and spits out the half-truth that they’re working on a movie together. Sun-jae figures this means she can’t quit her job, which makes him happy. But when she hitches a ride with Tae-sung and leaves him behind, all that happiness turns to a jealous fit as he remembers how sweetly she held his hand the night before. Not only is he gradually remembering their past timelines together, he’s falling for her all over again.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/lovely-runner-episodes-15-16-final/

20240530210127_Lovely-Runner-13.jpg?s=906 Captivating Moments That Wrapped Things Up In Episodes 15-16 Of "Lovely Runner"

Jun 01, 2024
by andyzar

After 16 episodes and eight weeks of excitement, laughs, emotions, and love, “Lovely Runner” has come to an end. And as sad as it is to say goodbye to Im Sol (Kim Hye Yoon) and Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), the ending couldn’t have been more satisfying to watch. This couple gave us some of the greatest romantic moments in K-dramaland, but their impact doesn’t end there. They showed us what a true, selfless, generous, and resilient spirit can do for its loved ones and the lengths you can go to pursue your goals. It dove into the poetical concept of soulmates and fate: of those who are meant to be, who will encounter each other no matter what. This K-drama brought into the rom-com genre the intricacies of time, the complexity of grief and loss, the humor even among the saddest of times, and above all, the beauty of a life enlightened by love and hope. For all of those reasons, to bid a proper farewell to this extraordinary story, here are the most captivating moments in its final episodes.

Warning: spoilers from episodes 15-16 ahead! 

1. Ryu Sun Jae’s heart leading him to Im Sol again

With the time resetting we saw in the previous episodes, it was complicated to understand how or when the love story would reignite, even more with a threat still lurking around our couple. However, this is Sun Jae we’re talking about. He is the king of melodrama, the ultimate loverboy, and the one and only for Im Sol. If there’s something that makes Sun Jae highly distinct from any other male lead in any other K-drama, it’s his blunt, sincere, and at times pathetic way to follow his feelings for Im Sol. He is very vocal about his romantic interest – he has been so in every timeline – and doesn’t care whether he looks like a fool in love or if his absurd claims and antics make him embarrass himself. He follows his heart relentlessly, looking for a chance to be with the woman who has moved and shaken his life to his core.

From caring about Im Sol when she is ill to hiding her shoes to prevent her from leaving abruptly from his side, he tries everything to have a moment with her. With or without his memories, his heart gravitates inevitably towards the only woman who could bring it to life once again. But this doesn’t mean he doesn’t respect Sol’s feelings. The moment she marks her boundaries, claiming she already has a person she loves, he heartbreakingly takes a step back, accepting her decision to never meet again. That is, only until she is ready to let go of whatever is burdening her and fully opens her heart to him. This is exactly why and how Sun Jae ended up winning not only Sol’s heart, but everyone else’s. His good looks and goofy personality may be super appealing, but his way of love is ultimately what makes him a unique and very loved character.
more
  • Like 1

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (June 1, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

Lovely Runner: I won’t overthink this: I leave this drama happy and with a warm glow, and without the need to shine too bright a light on nitpicky quibbles about the story. It wasn’t perfect, but it was perfectly satisfying and I’m grateful to the drama for giving me the past eight weeks of brightness to look forward to, with a side of tears and cathartic cry-alongs. Now, if we could just ban finale-episode car accidents/hit-and-runs/attempted murders forever, I would really appreciate that, although at least in this case it came full circle as a callback to the initial accident that started it all with Sol’s paralysis, this time freeing them of that fate. I love that we got an ending where Sol and Sun-jae were brought equal in terms of sacrifice and pain and memories. (Okay, he’s still up on the sacrifice count but at least he got his memories back — it would be too unbalanced for her to be the only one who knew their whole story.) I also love these underdog success stories of dramas (and talent) that make a quiet entrance to relatively low expectations, then capture the attention and affection of the masses purely on the strength of their own merits. We may have underestimated them before, but we sure are making up for it by flooding the internet with Hye-yoon/Woo-seok interviews and BTS clips and fan theories and just plain love. It’s the least we could do!

missvictrix

Lovely Runner: Welp, I needed a little more closure on the plot closure, and I don’t buy that Sol would sideline Sun-jae to direct a movie after all that, but I’m just ignoring those Minor Inconveniences because this drama was magic from start to finish. The directing, the writing, the acting, the grabbing my heart and never letting go… Like @dramaddictally said, this is definitely my Best of 2024 drama, and I’m pretty sure nothing will top this in the second half of the year.

mistyisles

Lovely Runner: My heart is full. ‘Twas a lovely ending for a lovely show, and now I just want to go watch the whole thing again (and again!). I already miss it so much! But if it had to end, I’m so glad it ended the way it did. If I could change just one thing, I might have Tae-sung do a bit of time-traveling himself — or at least regain his memories too — and end the cycle on purpose (and still survive doing so, of course!). But I also really liked how it actually played out, so I’m not 100% sure I’d even change that. It was always Sol’s task to save Sun-jae and herself, and I like to think that she accomplished that task in the end by holding onto Tae-sung as a friend when she didn’t have to. (And who would have guessed a Truck of Doom could save the day for once?) In short, this show grabbed my whole heart and ran away with it, and I’d gladly let it do so all over again in an infinite time loop — especially if it meant I got to forget and experience it anew every time!

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-june-1-2024/

20240602200902_Kim-Hye-Yoon-Byeon-Woo-Se

"Lovely Runner" Sweeps Top Spots On Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings For 4th Week

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” and its stars continue to dominate the rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the fourth week in a row, “Lovely Runner” remained No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

In addition to topping the list of most buzzworthy dramas, “Lovely Runner” also swept the top spots on the list of most buzzworthy cast members for the fourth consecutive week. Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon continued their reign at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively, while their co-star Song Geon Hee held steady at No. 7.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Lovely Runner”
  2. JTBC “The Atypical Family”
  3. tvN “The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”
  4. SBS “Connection”
  5. MBC “Bitter Sweet Hell”
  6. ENA “Crash”
  7. JTBC “Frankly Speaking”
  8. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic
  9. KBS2 “Dare to Love Me
  10. MBN “Missing Crown Prince

While the drama list only includes series airing on broadcast television, the newly integrated actor list also includes cast members from OTT shows—and “Uncle Samsik” star Song Kang Ho made this week’s list at No. 10.

1. Byeon Woo Seok (“Lovely Runner”)
  2. Kim Hye Yoon (“Lovely Runner”)
  3. Jung Ryeo Won (“The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”)
  4. Chun Woo Hee (“The Atypical Family”)
  5. Jang Ki Yong (“The Atypical Family”)
  6. Wi Ha Joon (“The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”)
  7. Song Geon Hee (“Lovely Runner”)
  8. Ji Sung (“Connection”)
  9. Kim Hee Sun (“Bitter Sweet Hell”)
  10. Chun Woo Hee (“The 8 Show”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665565wpp/lovely-runner-sweeps-top-spots-on-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings-for-4th-week

NEW EVENT!

Guess the K-Drama!

Hello future/ budding Sherlocks and Poirots!  :heythere:

Get ready to put on your thinking caps for we, the EO Team is back with a new event!  :yay:

Guess the K-dramas from their brief plot outlines and find out how well you know your K-dramas! Are you just one step away from being the next 'Walking K-Drama Encyclopedia! :coolshades:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl