[Drama 2024] Lovely Runner, 선재 업고 튀어

larus

Lovely Runner: Episodes 7-8

by Dramaddictally

At the halfway point and back in the present, our leads are all grown up. We’ve traded high school uniforms for designer duds — and cutesy crushes for otherworldly intensity. While our heroine does her best to outsmart fate, it seems to have a way of sneaking up on her. But that doesn’t mean she and our hero can’t kick up some excitement before it does.

EPISODES 7-8

Woooow. How is this drama pulling off the emotional whirlwind it’s producing in me? All this time I thought the adorable high school timeline, with its little heart hiccups, was all I wanted out of life. And now I see that the adult versions of these characters in the present day were the sexy surprise I didn’t know I needed.

Phew. While I’m fanning myself, let’s get back into the 2008 action and sort out what the heck happened by the reservoir that awful night. We start out by witnessing the events in the original timeline. Sol and Sun-jae are on a bus together, he’s crushing hard, she doesn’t know he exists, and when she gets off the bus, she’s kidnapped by the crazy cabbie and tied up in the backseat of his taxi.

When Sun-jae finally follows her, she’s escaped the car and is running away, but before he can reach her, she’s smashed into by the taxi and tossed in the air before landing in the water. It’s brutal and Sun-jae is in slight shock. But he regains composure quickly, dives in after her, and pulls her up — in a way that’s impossibly delicate for how frantic the scene is.

On land, Sun-jae fights with the crazy cabbie until the police arrive and haul away the criminal. And all of this information suddenly comes back to Sol when she’s in the new 2008 timeline that she’s currently creating — just at the moment when she’s kidnapped again. Luckily our heroine is not a pushover and this time when she escapes the car, she takes the keys with her.

But you know how crazy dudes are — they always seem to have another vehicle laying around somewhere — and so, she’s chased down anyway. In this version of the timeline, Sun-jae arrives again, in a re-creation of the earlier scene, but another car intervenes before Sol is attacked. Crisis averted! She’s managed to change her fate and assure she’ll be able to walk when she gets back to 2023. And 2023 is exactly where she’s headed the minute the past changes.

Back in the present, she works for a film production company (the one that rejected her earlier when she was in a wheelchair, but this doesn’t seem to fluster her). And in 2008, we see Young Sol re-enter the picture with no memory of what happened, which can only mean heartbreak for Sun-jae.

2023 Sol checks the news to see if Sun-jae is alive. He is! And it’s perfect timing because they’re supposed to open the time capsule together right now. But when Sol goes to dig it up, the tree they buried it under is gone. Disappointed, she stands outside Sun-jae’s apartment building and looks up at it.

Just then, a sasaeng gets into Sun-jae’s building and right up to his door. It turns out she’s a repeat offender and security is quickly on her tail. But in the mayhem to chase her down, Sol is mistakenly apprehended as the trespasser (same coat, obvi). This leads to a whole debacle where the police and Sun-jae’s manager think Sol is a stalker (but Sun-jae doesn’t know the stalker’s identity).

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/lovely-runner-episodes-7-8/#google_vignette

Lovely Runner Ep 7-8 Review: Kim Hye Yoon, Byeon Woo Seok's steamy kiss steals hearts, impressive twists engage

The highly anticipated time-slip romantic comedy series Lovely Runner just released episodes 7 and 8. Let's look at the two episodes as we review them further.

2145569855_lovely-runner-episodes-7-8_20

Lovely Runner presents a captivating time-slip romance drama that poses the ultimate question: "What would you do if given the chance to save your ultimate bias?" Kim Hye Yoon takes the lead as Im Sol, a loyal fan deeply affected by the passing of her beloved star Ryu Sun Jae, portrayed by Byeon Woo Seok. Im Sol embarks on a journey through time to prevent his tragic fate.

Lovely Runner episode 7-8 short recap

In Episode 7 of Lovely Runner, we get a peek into Im Sol's actual accident and Sun Jae's unsuccessful attempt to save her. However, he does manage to catch the culprit and hand him over to the authorities. As we come back to the present, Im Sol finds herself in a position to save herself from the same culprit, with Sun Jae by her side. Just as she succeeds, she suddenly returns to 2023. This time, though, she discovers she can walk again, but she and Sun Jae have lost touch. Their reunion is filled with humorous moments, as Sun Jae initially mistakes Im Sol for his stalker. Once he realizes her true identity, he rushes to meet her.

Episode 8, on the contrary, brimmed with heartwarming moments. Their reunion and Im Sol spending time with Ryu Sun Jae at his house were particularly heart-fluttering to watch, where she learns of Sun Jae's continued love for her over the years. Eventually, she musters the courage to confess her feelings to him, leading to a sweet kiss. Their adorable dating phase begins, and they're all smiles. However, tragedy strikes towards the episode's end as Sun Jae falls victim to an attack by the same culprit who kidnapped Sol years ago.

more https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/lovely-runner-ep-7-8-review-kim-hye-yoon-byeon-woo-seoks-steamy-kiss-steals-hearts-impressive-twists-engage-1301242

Article [You Quiz] Ryu Seon-jae, "I've only experienced love once... My wife was my first love."

Eclipse Ryu Seon-jae appears on U Quiz on the Block
We reveal the story of our first love after 15 years of unrequited love.
He revealed that he had never dated a woman other than his first love, his wife.
The recording studio was turned upside down.
When the MC asked what all the dating rumors were about,
“That was a real misunderstanding,” he said, explaining that he never had a female friend.

About meeting my first love and wife
“I’ve liked you since I was a senior in high school.
My wife liked a guy other than me.
But even so, it looked pretty.”
He made a statement that put an end to pure love in this era.

“We met again in our 20s after a difficult time.
“It didn’t go well in various situations.”
“We said we would meet again on January 1st, when I turned 34.
“I couldn’t miss the promise I made 15 years ago.”
He even revealed the reason why he met his first love.

However, after I started dating my wife,
The places we each remember our first kiss are different.
He said he was a little shocked
He also mentioned a funny(?) humiliating episode...!

She from Eclipse's debut song 'Shower',
Ryu Seon-jae's love story with his wife
You can check it out on tvN on May 6th.
(Source: Deng Baebang)

https://theqoo.net/hot/3212283976?page=2

Funny post done by Korean fan and has more than 400 comments. (From mydramalist)

I love all the "articles" from fans 😂

• LOL 1

N.Flying’s Yoo Hwe-seung ‘Pick Seon-jae and Jump’ OST second song

isp20240503000025.800x.0.jpg

tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Pick Seonjae and Jump’ will release OST Part 6 ‘I guess so’ at 6pm on the 6th. ‘I guess so’ is a song reborn with a fresher and dreamier feel while maintaining the sensibility of singer Kim Hyeong-joong’s original song.

Yoo Hoe-seung completed this song by demonstrating his freely shifting vocal range and excellent emotional control skills. The combination of his emotional vocals and the 15-year narrative of Ryu Seon-jae (Byeon Woo-seok) and Im Sol (Kim Hye-yoon) in ‘Seonjae and Jump’ is expected to make drama fans even more immersed in the drama.

https://isplus.com/article/view/isp202405030020

• Like 2

종호(ATEEZ) - A Day (1 HOUR LOOP) (선재 업고 튀어 OST Part 5)|

'Pounced on Seonjae' 34-year-old Byun Woo-seok ♥ Kim Hye-yoon, I thought they were starting a mature relationship... 'Shock' unfolds

784640_691764_513.jpg

Actor Byun Woo-seok is a new icon of first love with the name 'Seon-jae' from the drama 'Lovely Runner'.

Actor Byun Woo-seok, who played the role of Ryu Seon-jae, an 18-year-old high school student and a 34-year-old vocalist of the idol band Eclipse, in the recent tvN Monday-Tuesday drama 'Pick Seonjae and Jump', is loved for his warm appearance and the appearance of an honest teenage boy who falls in love for the first time. Also, the sight of Seon-jae losing his mind over the 'straight-forward' flirting of the lovely actress Kim Hye-yoon is a point of excitement for many fans.

In the 8th episode of tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama 'Jumping on Seon-jae', which aired on the afternoon of the 30th, Ryu Seon-jae (played by Byun Woo-seok) and Im Sol (played by Kim Hye-yoon) confirmed their love for each other, but Ryu Seon-jae was attacked by a strange man and ended up falling into a coma. At once, the home theater was shocked.

Spoiler

article.jpg

784640_691767_815.jpg

In episode 8, 34-year-old Im Sol and Seon-jae, who confirmed their feelings for each other, melted the hearts of viewers with their thrilling romance.

https://www.dailycc.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=784640

• Like 1

Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon’s Lovely Runner theories: Will Im Sol be able to save Ryu Sun Jae?

As Lovely Runner's story progresses, the fans are coming up with many theories on social media about the plot. Let’s explore them.

Published on May 02, 2024  

1099402881_lovely-runner_202405.jpg

Lovely Runner, starring Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon in the lead roles, is again drawing much attention from the audience for its heart-fluttering romantic plot. Most fans claim that it reminds them of the classic ‘90s K-dramas, which have well-written stories and relatable characters. Furthermore, the storytelling process of the show, along with the surprising twists and turns, adds to the anticipation of fans.

Directed by Yoon Jong Ho and written by Lee Shi Eun, the K-drama is based on the webtoon The Best of Tomorrow by Kim Bbang. Apart from Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon, the cast ensemble includes Song Geon Hee, Lee Seung Hyun, Jung Young Joo, Seo Hye Won, Song Ji Ho, and more. 

However, as the story progresses, the fans cannot help but come up with different theories trying to figure out the fate of the characters, especially, Ryu Sun Jae and Kim Hye Yoon’s future. Let’s explore some of them below.

In the first episode of the series, when we are introduced to the main characters, Im Sol and Ryu Sun Jae, the story seems quite different. Due to an unfortunate accident, Im Sol ends up losing her legs and losing hope. However, Ryu Sun Jae helped her get over depression and live a fulfilling life. Since then, Im Sol has become one of his biggest fans, and he ended up becoming a popular singer in the industry. 

However, one fine day, the news drops that Ryu Sun Jae has taken his own life. Im Sol is mysteriously sent to the past, where she goes back to high school and meets a younger version of Sun Jae. They develop a good relationship with each other and become good friends. Moreover, Sun Jae is also able to save Im Sol from the accident. Back in the present, Im Sol leads a normal life with healthy legs, but Ryu Sun Jae gets murdered in the timeline by the same man who tried to attack Im Sol in the past.

Theories by fans have been emerging that it could be possible that Ryu Sun Jae never intended to take his own life in the first place. He was attacked in the timeline when Im Sol lost her legs, and similarly, he was killed in the new timeline as well. But the mystery surrounding the crime still follows as the motive behind it remains unknown.

more https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/byeon-woo-seok-and-kim-hye-yoons-lovely-runner-theories-will-im-sol-be-able-to-save-ryu-sun-jae-1301424

• Like 1

Fans of tvN's 'Lovely Runner' demand that the band Eclipse begin real-life promotions

Posted by Susan-Han

1714716811-20240502-eclipse.jpeg

With the popularity of the tvN Mon-Tues drama 'Lovely Runner' soaring each week, fans are becoming more and more immersed in the 'Lovely Runner' universe.

Along with the popularity of the drama series, fan-produced content is also garnering attention on online communities and social media platforms. Some fans are creating fictional news reports featuring the drama's characters like Ryu Sun Jae (played by Byun Woo Seok) and Im Sol (played by Kim Hye Yoon), while others are creating edited videos of Ryu Sun Jae's appearance on an episode of tvN's 'You Quiz on the Block', where the band member talks about the story of his first love.

Many fans also want to see the band Eclipse perform on real-life music programs like Mnet's 'M! Countdown'. In response, insiders have commented, "As of right now, there are no plans for Eclipse to appear on 'M! Countdown', to the disappointment of 'Lovely Runner' fans.

The fictional idol band Eclipse has released four songs so far, including "Sudden Shower", "Run Run", "You & I", and "We Will Meet". 

Meanwhile, a representative from the production company of 'Lovely Runner' told media outlets, "We are preparing special events in order to meet the demands of the viewers, but in order to make these events happen, we need louder voices from the fans. Please show your enthusiastic support." 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/05/fans-of-tvns-lovely-runner-demand-that-the-band-eclipse-begin-real-life-promotions

• Like 3

ECLIPSE (이클립스) - Sudden Shower (소나기) | Lovely Runner (선재업고 튀어) OST Part. 1 (ENG) MV

Eclipse (이클립스) Byeon WooSeok (변우석) - I’ll Be There (선재 업고 튀어 OST) Lovely Runner OST Part 4

Spoiler

N.Flying (엔플라잉) - Star (선재 업고 튀어 OST) Lovely Runner OST Part 2

MINNIE) - 꿈결같아서 (Like A Dream)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 11:42 PM, larus said:

N.Flying’s Yoo Hwe-seung ‘Pick Seon-jae and Jump’ OST second song

tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Pick Seonjae and Jump’ will release OST Part 6 ‘I guess so’ at 6pm on the 6th. ‘I guess so’ is a song reborn with a fresher and dreamier feel while maintaining the sensibility of singer Kim Hyeong-joong’s original song.

Yoo Hoe-seung completed this song by demonstrating his freely shifting vocal range and excellent emotional control skills. The combination of his emotional vocals and the 15-year narrative of Ryu Seon-jae (Byeon Woo-seok) and Im Sol (Kim Hye-yoon) in ‘Seonjae and Jump’ is expected to make drama fans even more immersed in the drama.

https://isplus.com/article/view/isp202405030020

I wonder...it seemed like in ep 3 by the pool, when drunk Im Sol and Sun Jae was listening to this song with earphones, the song version sounds like Yoo Hoo Seung?! (the vouce and music arrangement seemed different from original version)... 

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Kim Hye Yoon Takes Her Final Trip To The Past To Save Byeon Woo Seok In

Kim Hye Yoon Takes Her Final Trip To The Past To Save Byeon Woo Seok In "Lovely Runner"

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has shared a sneak peek of Kim Hye Yoon’s final journey back in time!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a devoted fan who is devastated by the death of her favorite artist Ryu Sun Jae (played by Byeon Woo Seok) and travels back in time in order to save him.

Spoilers

Previously on “Lovely Runner,” Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol were reunited as adults in their thirties. After Sol confessed her feelings for Sun Jae, the two shared a romantic kiss and seemed to finally be on track to getting their happy ending.

However, tragedy struck when Sun Jae was attacked by the same man who tried to kill Sol 15 years earlier.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Sol takes her final trip to the past in order to try to save Sun Jae’s life. This time, Sol and Sun Jae are freshmen in college, where it looks as though Sun Jae might easily be the most popular student on campus.

Meanwhile, Sol finds herself under a great deal of stress: not only does she have just one chance left to travel back in time, but she also crumbles under the guilt of the knowledge that Sun Jae’s death happened because of her.

Byeon-Woo-Seok.jpegKim-Hye-Yoon-2.jpegByeon-Woo-Seok-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Hye-Yoon.jpeg

To find out whether Sol will be able to change Sun Jae’s fate and prevent his death, tune in to the next episode of “Lovely Runner” on May 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659285wpp/kim-hye-yoon-takes-her-final-trip-to-the-past-to-save-byeon-woo-seok-in-lovely-runner

Spoiler

Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Share A Heart-Fluttering Moment As College Students In

Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Share A Heart-Fluttering Moment As College Students In "Lovely Runner"

Lovely Runner” has revealed a preview of Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon as college students!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

In the stills revealed ahead of episode 9, college freshmen Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol are spotted at an overnight school retreat.

lovely-runner-3.jpeg

Spoiler

lovely-runner-2.jpeg

Ryu Sun Jae is seen gazing at Im Sol affectionately, easily carrying Im Sol in his arms.

lovely-runner-1.jpeg

Another still image shows Ryu Sun Jae piggybacking Im Sol with a facial expression filled with mixed emotions, drawing curiosity for what will happen to the two as college students.

lovely-runner.jpeg

The drama’s production team commented, “Please look forward to Ryu Sun Jae’s firm and loyal feelings that do not budge no matter how much Im Sol pushes him away and whether their fated love will come true through the final time slip.”

The next episode of “Lovely Runner” airs on May 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659313wpp/byeon-woo-seok-and-kim-hye-yoon-share-a-heart-fluttering-moment-as-college-students-in-lovely-runner

• Like 1

Ep 9: yipee!

Spoiler

1. At last, the writer finally gives us the carrot we have been waiting for - Sun Jae realises Im Sol comes from the future!!! This will be a turning point in their love dynamics!

2. Epilogue - nothing beats the hot and steamy scene in ep 8, but i'll accept this and the MYTH that comes along w it.

3. On the side, the spidey kiss between Sol's bro and her bff is hilarious!

• Like 2