[Drama 2023-2024] Tumbling Family - 우당탕탕 패밀리 - Mon to Fri 9:00 @ KST

0ly40

Color me slightly confused. Is the reason that the elders cannot absolutely allow Sun Woo and Eun Sung to date and get married because Dong Gu is the biological father of both of them? I'd say "explain it to me like I'm 5 years old" but I don't think that's even possible.

EDIT: Never mind, I finally figured it out with the help of someone. I had to rewatch three times before finding out that, indeed, Sun Woo's mother died from an illness long before the issues involving the rest of the elders occurred.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonah Kyle said:

Color me slightly confused. Is the reason that the elders cannot absolutely allow Sun Woo and Eun Sung to date and get married because Dong Gu is the biological father of both of them? I'd say "explain it to me like I'm 5 years old" but I don't think that's even possible.

Dong Gu isn't the biological father of Sun Woo and Eun Sung. Sun Woo and Eun Sung share the same half-siblings. Sun Woo on his mother's side, and Eun Sung on her father side. At least, that's what we thought but it turns out Sun Woo is not the biological son of the his current mother.    

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Dong Gu isn't the biological father of Sun Woo and Eun Sung. Sun Woo and Eun Sung share the same half-siblings. Sun Woo on his mother's side, and Eun Sung on her father side. At least, that's what we thought but it turns out Sun Woo is not the biological son of the his current mother.    

Yes, I know Sun Woo is not the biological son of his current mother. As Sun Woo's father ki Seok explained to him, the mother was the woman who died during an accident of a vehicle belonging to Ki Seok back when Sun Woo was two or three, and that woman had been divorced from Dong Gu. So unless it was a mistranslation, it appears that Dong Gu had been married three times: Once to this (unnamed) woman who gave birth to Sun Woo, next to Jung Ae who gave birth to Eun Hyeok and Eun A, and finally to Chun Young who gave birth to Eun Sung.

32 minutes ago, Jonah Kyle said:

Once to this (unnamed) woman who gave birth to Sun Woo, next to Jung Ae who gave birth to Eun Hyeok and Eun A, and finally to Chun Young who gave birth to Eun Sung.

When did they reveal this?? Did Ki Seok say this? From what I understand, Ki Seok hospitalized Jung Ae due to a car accident. This was after Jung Ae divorced Dong Gu. He doesn't mention that Dong Gu got married Sun Woo's bio mom. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kboramint said:

When did they reveal this?? Did Ki Seok say this? 

Never mind. I had to rewatch it three times more before I "figured it out." Sun Woo's mother is to this point unnamed, but had died of an illness shortly after Sun Woo's birth. (D'oh!!) The reason I was confused was Ki Seok kept saying "your mother" in a way that I thought he was talking about his birth mother; then when the actual Dong Gu / Jung Ae kerfuffle came about it had been a long time after.

In retrospect, this is a bit unusual that Ki Seok had seemed to erase his first wife's memory completely out of his life, even with the situation involving Jung Ae's children. In any case, mystery solved and I edited my first message about this. Thanks.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jonah Kyle said:

Ki Seok had seemed to erase his first wife's memory completely out of his life, even with the situation involving Jung Ae's children.

I know right. I mean now that Sung Woo knows that Jung Ae was not his birth mother but died of an illness, would SW not be curious about his birth mother and her relatives? Why did Ki  Seok seem to have completely left them out of his life?

Now, everyone realized that SW is not the biological son of Jung Ae, therefore ES and SW are not blood related and no restrictions on their love relations going forward, JA and all the parents have given their blessings. Now we move on to HY and ES, their wedding plans are back on track and maybe we do see a wedding unless the parents will keep fighting over where they are going to live and with home?? and how about EA and Min Kook?

You know, since they're having a joint wedding, why not have the two couples live together in the same house? I can see the misadventures now.  I just created the premise for season 2. 

On 3/4/2024 at 2:18 PM, lila21 said:

Now, everyone realized that SW is not the biological son of Jung Ae, therefore ES and SW are not blood related and no restrictions on their love relations going forward, JA and all the parents have given their blessings. Now we move on to HY and ES, their wedding plans are back on track and maybe we do see a wedding unless the parents will keep fighting over where they are going to live and with home?? and how about EA and Min Kook?

Technically, unless Dong Gu was the father (!), they would not be biologically related even if Jung Ae was Sun Woos biomom. Just half-siblings once again. Biological concerns wouldn't matter; only protocols at that point.