[Drama 2023-2024] Tumbling Family - 우당탕탕 패밀리 - Mon to Fri 9:00 @ KST

0ly40

I can't with these two crying at the end of every episode...

I love that Chung Young slapped the taste out of Jung Ae's mouth today. She has had it coming. Now I can't wait to see what the dads talk about tomorrow.

• Like 1

Random: Based on the characters and some of the lines I heard being practiced within the show itself, I decided to write a screenplay for the movie "Hidden Memory". Here is the basic synopsis so far:

Act 1 (First 30 minutes): The movie opens with Ye Won leading a modest life as a swimming coach, haunted by the echoes of her unfulfilled Olympic dreams and the mysterious tragedy that shattered her family. She shares a complex, intermittent relationship with Kwang Il, a man whose intentions often seem unclear. Their dynamic is further complicated by Mi Sun, a wealthy and beautiful woman who harbors both envy and affection for Kwang Il and resentment towards Ye Won.

The turning point arrives when Ye Won starts receiving anonymous letters, filled with cryptic messages and hints about the true nature of the family tragedy. Intrigued and desperate for answers, Ye Won turns to Kwang Il, rekindling their strained relationship as they embark on a quest to uncover the truth.

Act 2 (Middle 60 minutes): In the first half of Act 2, Ye Won and Kwang Il's investigation deepens. They revisit old memories, meet past acquaintances, and comb through forgotten places, gradually piecing together the events leading to the tragedy. Their journey brings them emotionally closer, reawakening old feelings and creating moments of tenderness. Meanwhile, Mi Sun, watching from the sidelines, grows increasingly anxious about her past actions coming to light. This culminates in a mid-act climax where a critical piece of evidence is discovered, suggesting that the tragedy was not an accident but a result of someone's envy and malice.

In the second half of Act 2, the focus shifts to the emotional turmoil within the trio. Mi Sun, driven by fear and guilt, attempts to sabotage Ye Won and Kwang Il's efforts. This leads to tense confrontations and a series of revelations that expose the depth of Mi Sun's envy and the extent of her involvement in the tragedy. Amidst these revelations, Kwang Il's deep, unspoken love and sacrifices for Ye Won come to light, adding layers to their already complex relationship. Ye Won grapples with feelings of betrayal, anger, and confusion, leading to an emotional breakdown that sets the stage for the final act.

Act 3 (Final 30 minutes): The final act is a powerful blend of confrontation, forgiveness, and resolution. Ye Won, after processing the revelations, confronts Mi Sun in an emotionally charged scene. In a heart-wrenching confession, Mi Sun reveals her motivations and expresses genuine remorse. This moment of truth brings catharsis, leading Ye Won to a path of forgiveness. The climax is a poignant scene where Ye Won, Kwang Il, and Mi Sun reconcile their past, acknowledging the pain and love that bind them.

The film concludes with Ye Won fully embracing her role as a coach, inspired by her journey. She is seen imparting lessons of resilience and hope to her students, symbolizing her growth and acceptance, and the screen fades to black as she watches her students swim, a content smile on her face, signifying closure and a new beginning.

If anyone is interested, I can whip out a script within a couple of weeks, hopefully before the season of "Unpredictable/Tumbling Family" ends.

I wonder what incident will make the parents change their minds about SW and ES's relationship.   In K-drama land, it must be a significant game changer which often involves either the Male or Female Lead saving the life or the business of the antagonist, or a similar twist in the narrative.  Right now, I do not see any character or indication in the story line that will lead to that.   

18 hours ago, BangtanHound said:

I wonder what incident will make the parents change their minds about SW and ES's relationship.   In K-drama land, it must be a significant game changer which often involves either the Male or Female Lead saving the life or the business of the antagonist, or a similar twist in the narrative.  Right now, I do not see any character or indication in the story line that will lead to that.   

I've been waiting for someone to discover they have a horrible disease but I don't think we have enough episodes left, LOL.

With today's episode, maybe some green-eyed monster will be the catalyst!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 9:03 AM, kboramint said:

Just like that... the drama introduced a new rival for ES all because Ha Young is no longer part of the love triangle? 

And it looks like they brought back Ga-Ram's mom 

Looks like there will be a new love square, the 2 sisters and Garam's mom all fighting for Min Kook

The age of Jung Ae's children makes no sense even if you take Korean vs international age into account.

Eun A and Eun Hyuk appeared to be 5/6 and 3/4 when the divorce happened 30 years ago but I could swear Jung Ae said Eun A is 38 which would make Eun Hyuk 36 or so.

Sun Woo is said to be 1 year younger than Eun Huyk (who was preschooler during the divorce) and in a recent episode, Jung Ae said Sun Woo spent 17 years in the US. Did he go to college there at 18 or high school, which would make more sense, but then how is he friends with the movie financer? He should be 28 at the oldest since the divorce and accident was 30 years ago. At one point I even questioned if Jung Ae is his bio mom.

Eun Sung has to be at least 6 years younger than Eun Hyuk because it was a year after the divorce that Chun Young moved to the Philippines. If she and Eun Sung are college friends then they should be mid to late 20s.

• Like 2