[Drama 2023] Destined with You, 이 연애는 불가항력

larus

Spoiler

3 Reasons To Look Forward To “Destined With You”

3 Reasons To Look Forward To “Destined With You”

JTBC’s “Destined with You” is premiering tonight!

“Destined with You” is a new romance drama starring SF9’s Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago.

Ahead of its premiere, here are three reasons viewers should look forward to the new series:

An irresistible fantasy romance written by No Ji Sul and directed by Nam Ki Hoon

“Destined with You” is a unique romance story involving spells and past lives, as well as the mystery surrounding a strange forbidden book. Helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Kiss Sixth Sense,” “Voice 3,” and “Tunnel,” “Destined with You” is also garnering a lot of attention for being the latest work of “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul.

Writer No Ji Sul commented, “Whether it was romance or comedy, I tried not to neglect any aspect of the story. Although it is a fantasy drama, there is no superhero who can stop time or travel through space. There is just a desperate desire to believe that things will work out. I tried to capture the warmth of that longing and how it brings a little happiness to our daily lives.”

The chemistry between Jo Bo Ah, Rowoon, Ha Jun, and Yura

The chemistry between Jo Bo Ah, Rowoon, Ha Jun, and Girl’s Day’s Yura is definitely something viewers should look forward to. Jo Bo Ah will play civil servant Lee Hong Jo, who resolves civil complaints at Onju City Hall. She unexpectedly becomes the owner of an old wooden box that holds the key to breaking Jang Shin Yu’s curse.

Actress Jo Bo Ah commented, “[‘Destined With You’] is a lovely drama made with care and effort by everyone, including the director, writer, crew, and actors. “I hope that the viewers will be able to experience the same range of emotions that I felt when I first read the script.”

jo-bo-ah-1.jpg

Meanwhile, in the role of Jang Shin Yu, a talented lawyer who is waiting for his curse to be lifted, Rowoon will portray a range of emotions as he switches back and forth between exhilarating romance and humorous comedic acting.

rowoon-3.jpg

Ha Jun will play Kwon Jae Kyung, a popular man at Onju City Hall on whom Lee Hong Jo has a one-sided crush.

Encouraging viewers to watch the drama, Ha Jun commented, “It is a warm and exciting drama that will make viewers laugh. We worked hard to make it fun, so please watch it.”

ha-jun.jpg

Yura, who plays Jang Shin Yu’s lover Yoon Na Yeon, remarked, “I worked hard and enjoyed filming with the rest of the cast and crew. I think [‘Destined With You’] is going to be a really fun and charming drama. Please look forward to it.”

Spoiler

yura-1.jpg

A talented supporting cast

Viewers should look forward to the skillful performances of Kim Hye Ok, who plays Eun Wol, a shaman and owner of the shrine where the mysterious wooden box is buried; Song Young Kyu, who portrays Yoon Na Yeon’s father and Onju City Mayor Yoon Hak Young; Jung Hye Young, who plays Jang Shin Yu’s eccentric and loving mother Cha Yoon Joo; and Lee Pil Mo, who plays the role of Jang Shin Yu’s father Jang Se Heon, who is worried that his family’s lineage will be cut off due to a curse.

The staff at Onju City Hall, who are part of Lee Hong Jo’s daily life and are full of personality, will also add laughter to the show. Viewers can look forward to the performances of cast members like Lee Bong Ryun, who plays Ma Eun Young, the section chief of the Environment and Greenery Division at Onju City Hall and is a reliable source of support for Lee Hong Jo; Hyeon Bong Sik, who plays the division’s team leader Gong Seo Gu and the office villain who has a bad relationship with Lee Hong Jo; Mi Ram and Park Kyung Hye, who play employees Yoo Soo Jung and Son Sae Byul respectively; and Lee Tae Ri, who plays the role of Jang Shin Yu’s close friend Kim Wook.

Director Nam Ki Hoon commented, “There are a lot of good actors in the drama. Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu are entangled with lots of different characters, adding to the fun of the drama. Please look forward to the actors’ performances.”

“Destined With You” premieres on August 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608593wpp/3-reasons-to-look-forward-to-destined-with-you

• Blob 1

Premiere Watch: Destined With You

by missvictrix

article.jpg

Time slot: Wednesday-Thursday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Rom-com, fantasy
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Bring on the rom-coms! And if you’re Destined With You, you’re also bringing a bucketload of fate with you. (And perhaps, going by the cast promotional photo, a dose of silliness too.) In our story, Jo Boa plays a civil servant who gets entangled with handsome attorney Kim Ro-woon when she breaks the centuries-old curse on him and his family. But with tons of cuteness also comes the forbidden and tragic (?) Joseon-era romance that started off the curse to begin with. (Well, at least we know they “met before” right from the get-go.)

Also starring in second lead roles are Ha Joon and Yura — both of whom have gotten too good at playing antagonistic roles. Notably, the drama also marks screenwriter Noh Ji-seol’s comeback after the success of 100 Days My Prince. Here’s hoping for a smash hit of cuteness and unexpected depth of character.

TL;DR: Jo Boa breaks Kim Ro-woon’s family curse and the rest is ~magic~

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/premiere-watch-destined-with-you/

Pictures from the press conference

article.jpg

https://www.news1.kr/photos/view/?6172644

2023082301001705800219031.jpg

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202308230100170580021903&servicedate=20230823

http://www.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202308231410048203747_1

• Like 1

'This love is irresistible' OST... Park Won·Noeul→Lin 8 teams confirmed

5c8ffb365d263b.jpg

8 teams have been confirmed to sing the OST for 'This Love Is Impossible'. On the 22nd, Most Content, the OST producer of JTBC's 'This Love Is Irresistible' (played by Noh Ji-seol, directed by Nam Ki-hoon), released the fateful narrative of Hong-jo Lee (played by Boa Jo) and Shin-yu Jang (played by Rowoon) through the official Instagram and YouTube channels. The image of the lineup of OST singers that will make you more immersed has been released.

Scheduled to premiere at 10:30 p.m. on the 23rd, 'This Love Is Force Majeure' is about Lee Hong-jo (Jo Bo-ah), a low-level civil servant who obtained a forbidden book that was thoroughly sealed over 300 years ago, and Jang Shin-yu (Roun), a lawyer who fell victim to the forbidden book. ) is an irresistible romance.

The OST of ‘This Love Is Unstoppable’ opens with Park Won, a sensitive ballader with a delicate voice, followed by Hoon Jeong-yang, who will deliver a warm sensibility with acoustic sound, and Jae-man, a versatile all-rounder singer-songwriter with unrivaled sensibility, as a next-generation ballad goddess. Musicians emerging as OST powerhouses such as Jung Hyo-bin, who is called, will scramble to improve the quality.

In addition, Seo Ki, who showed unrivaled sensibility as the 64th singer in 'Singer Gain 2', Noel, a 4-person, 4-color emotional sniper group, and Bora Miyu, who have a unique clean and sweet tone, have confirmed their participation in the OST. In addition, luxury vocalist Lin sings two songs with different atmospheres that will complete the narrative of the two main characters with deep emotions.

https://www.joynews24.com/view/1625048

Press conference

news-p.v1.20230823.aeeb0f32b8e94ab18f016

Actors Rowoon (left) and Jo Bo-ah pose for reporters at the press conference for the JTBC Wednesday-Thursday drama 'This Love Is Irresistible' held at the Ramada Sindorim Hotel in Seoul on the 23rd. 'This Love Is Irresistible' is a drama depicting the irresistible romance of a woman who gets a forbidden book that was thoroughly sealed 300 years ago and a man who becomes the victim of the forbidden book. Hyun Bong-shik and others appear.

https://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1341793?ref=naver

Nam Ki-hoon, director of "This Love Is Irresistible"

image_readtop_2023_641314_16927697425596

https://mksports.co.kr/view/2023/641365

• Like 1

First broadcast D-DAY 'This love is irresistible', Jo Bo-ah's earnest wish for Rowoon

BF.34299528.1.jpg

BF.34299530.1.jpg

On the 23rd, JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'This Love Is Irresistible' revealed Lee Hong-jo (played by Jo Bo-ah), who set out to solve the first dizzying complaint ahead of the first broadcast. Lee Hong-jo's attempt to attack the worldly and chic Jang Shin-yu (played by Rowoon) earnestly raises curiosity about their first meeting.

Spoiler

BF.34299529.1.jpg

'This Love Is Force Majeure' is an irresistible romance between Hongjo Lee, a low-level civil servant who obtained a forbidden book that was thoroughly sealed 300 years ago, and Shinyu Jang, a lawyer who fell victim to the forbidden book. A sweet and delightful romance that began with the earnest wishes of a man and a woman caught up in an irresistible fate will awaken viewers' excitement cells.

Spoiler

BF.34299531.1.jpg

The photo released ahead of the first broadcast contains Lee Hong-jo's dynamic entry into Onju City Hall. For some reason, officials at the Wenzhou City Hall are confronting civil servants. Between the sweaty Gong Seo-gu (played by Hyeon Bong-shik) and the angry civil petitioner, Lee Hong-jo's appearance was also captured. Then, it is also interesting to see Gong Seo-gu, who uses Lee Hong-jo to appeal to something. From the first day of work at Onju City Hall, I wonder what mission Lee Hong-jo will have to solve.

BF.34299533.1.jpg

The appearance of Lee Hong-jo, who visited Jang Shin-yu, a lawyer at the strongest law firm, further stimulates curiosity. Lee Hong-jo appeals to Jang Shin-yu with a desperate face. However, it is not a long-term oil that can be easily passed over. Zhang Shin-yu's eyes coldly looking at Lee Hong-jo as if she had no interest in them adds curiosity to their first meeting.

Spoiler

BF.34299532.1.jpg

In the first episode of "This Love Is Force Majeure," Lee Hong-jo's struggle to survive in Onju City Hall unfolds. The production team of “This Love Is Unstoppable” said, “From the first episode, the meaningful meeting between Lee Hong-jo and Jang Shin-yu, who are drawn like fate, unfolds in an interesting way.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2023082314924

• Like 1

Watch: Jo Bo Ah Has A Spine-Chilling Encounter With Rowoon In The Elevator In “Destined With You” Teaser

Watch: Jo Bo Ah Has A Spine-Chilling Encounter With Rowoon In The Elevator In “Destined With You” Teaser

Aug 23, 2023
by S. Nam

JTBC’s “Destined With You” has unveiled a new preview of the first episode!

“Destined with You” is a romance drama starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago.

The newly released teaser depicts Lee Hong Jo getting on an elevator as per usual. However, when she turns around and sees Jang Shin Yu, she recalls a frightening memory, causing her to crouch down in a corner of the elevator in fear.

Gasping, she yells, “If you were going to take me away, you should have taken me then. Why do you keep following me around?” appearing to have misunderstood Jang Shin Yu to be some sort of grim reaper who is trying to take her to the afterlife.

Jang Shin Yu replies, “I was on this elevator first, and you joined later. Is it valid to say to say I’m following you?” When Jang Shin Yu takes a step closer, Lee Hong Jo pleads, “I can’t go yet. I don’t want to go.”

However, when Jang Shin Yu tells her he just wants to leave the elevator, Lee Hong Jo asks confused, “Are you human?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608825wpp/watch-jo-bo-ah-has-a-spine-chilling-encounter-with-rowoon-in-the-elevator-in-destined-with-you-teaser

• Like 2

Jo Bo Ah Is A Civil Servant Who Needs A Favor From Rowoon In “Destined With You”

Aug 23, 2023

“Destined With You” has shared brand new stills ahead of its premiere!

“Destined With You” is a new romance drama starring SF9’s Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago.

In the first set of stills, Onju City Hall officials are in a confrontation with some complainants. Lee Hong Jo appears to be caught between the division’s team leader Gong Seo Gu (Hyun Bong Sik) and the angry complainants. In one still, Gong Seo Gu appears to be putting Lee Hong Jo on the spot. Viewers can’t help but wonder what mission Lee Hong Jo has to complete on the first day of work at Onju City Hall.

destined-with-you-3.jpg

destined-with-you-2.jpg

destined-with-you-1.jpg

In another set of stills, Lee Hong Jo visits Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer at a top law firm. With a desperate look on her face, Lee Hong Jo makes a plea to Jang Shin Yu. However, Jang Shin Yu appears uninterested as he is captured staring at Lee Hong Jo coldly, piquing viewers’ curiosity about their first encounter.

Spoiler

destined-with-you-6.jpg

destined-with-you-5.jpg

destined-with-you-4.jpg

The production team of “Destined With You” shared, “In the first episode, Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who resolves civil complaints, struggles to survive at Onju City Hall.” They added, “From the first episode, the encounter between Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu, who are drawn to each other like fate, starts unfolding in an interesting way. Please look forward to the laughter, excitement, and the mysterious connection between two people whose past lives are intertwined.”

“Destined With You” premieres on August 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608846wpp/jo-bo-ah-is-a-civil-servant-who-needs-a-favor-from-rowoon-in-destined-with-you

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] Destined with You, 이 연애는 불가항력- Jo Bo Ah & Rowoon- Wed&Thur @22:30KST
by Hazel Jung, August 23, 2023

rNkzR2_2f.jpg
pdkVb8_2f.jpg

On August 23rd, the press conference of JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama Destined With You occurred at Ramada Hotel in Sindorim, Seoul. Director Nam Ki Hoon and actors Jo Bo Ah, Rowoon, Ha Joon, and Yura attended the event.

0wyRmO_2f.jpg

Destined With You tells the story of Lee Hong Jo, a junior civil servant who obtained a sealed book 300 years ago, and lawyer Jang Shin Yu, who became the sacrificial lamb for the book. It's a romantic series that starts with the earnest wishes of two people caught in an irresistible fate.

Spoiler

603zA2_2f.jpg

Jo Bo Ah plays Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant trying to break off the curse, is expected to radiate positive energy. Jo Bo Ah, who shines with her spirited youthfulness, emphasized, "The character Lee Hong Jo is lovely and charming. I thought I could bring in optimism to viewers, and I wanted to express it in a lively way, incorporating the 'real Jo Bo Ah'." This is also the unique charm of the drama itself. Jo Bo Ah expressed her confidence, saying, "These days, many sad things are happening in society, but I think this drama will be light and a comfortable series to watch that provides healing."

Spoiler

Z84dR1_2f.jpg

Rowoon takes on the role of lawyer Jang Shin Yu, who awaits the owner of the cursed book, showcases a different charm from Lee Hong Jo. Rowoon explained his character, "Due to the curse, there's a fear of not knowing when I might die, so I try not to keep people around me." He further shared, "I have played characters with a dog-like setiments before. I wanted to express loneliness. I wondered what kind of expression would emerge (playing such a role)." He added, "Compared to my short acting career, I've done a lot of fantasy romances. However, they're not very similar. Rather than life-like acting, I wanted to show the character's personality. It was also a new challenge. I even asked Jo Bo Ah how to show that 'charming' side."

Although their characters have different personalities, their melodious chemistry is spot-on. Jo Bo Ah mentioned, "The rehearsals were very smooth from the first shoot. When we threw lines at each other, they were received well. I also tried to react well." Rowoon shared, "I remember the first day of shooting, but even during the script reading, it was really good. Sometimes, you're reading the script alone and get anxious about what you don't know. However, during the script reading, I thought, 'This is so good.' I feel like I'm a lucky person."

Destined With You premiered on the same day at 10:30 PM KST.

• Blob 1

The elevator scene was a little embarrassing...   :lol:

F4OnBpfa4AA-pOe?format=webp&name=360x360

The Red Hand scene was kind of sensual. I thought at first that he enjoyed those touches.

Actually I think he either cant control it or he allows the situation because of some guilt. 

Kim Kwon's special appearance...his character is a bad guy again.   :rolleyes:

Kim Kwon IG Story

F4BiI_iWQAA-wHE?format=webp&name=small

The poster is so bright and colorful...  

F4O6fMsacAI-7hl?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

Here are the rating for Episode 1! :).

“Destined With You” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings + “Longing For You” Sees Rise

“Destined With You” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings + “Longing For You” Sees Rise

“Destined With You” is off to a promising start!

According to Nielsen Korea, JTBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Destined With You” premiered to an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.9 percent.

“Destined With You” is a romance drama

starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1608995wpp/destined-with-you-premieres-to-no-1-ratings-longing-for-you-sees-rise

• Blob 1

by Lily Alice, August 24, 2023
2 0

The JTBC drama Destined With You, starring Jo Bo Ah and Rowoon, premiered with ratings of 2.91% (nationwide) and 2.93% (metropolitan) on August 23rd, Wednesday. 

Destined With You tells the tale of Lee Hong Jo (Jo Bo Ah), a civil servant who obtains an ancient forbidden book sealed 300 years ago, and Jang Shin Yu (Rowoon), a lawyer who is a victim of the book's curse.  

Xd4Ojp_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama  Destined With You?

Episode 2 of Destined With You will air on August 24th (Thursday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-gets-a-decent-start-longing-for-you-sets-a-new-record

• Like 1

Not quite sure what is goin' on but sight of Ro Woon in a 3pc suit more than makes up for it LoL! His lips are pretty to look at as well~

Jo Bo Ah's character is kinda a letdown as she's portrayed as a pushover and sorta naive(?) There's also other eye candy among the male cast like the guy she shielded from the protestor ahah.

• Like 1

Here are the rating for Episode 3! :).

“The Killing Vote” Ratings Rise As “Destined With You” Dips For 2nd Episode

“The Killing Vote” Ratings Rise As “Destined With You” Dips For 2nd Episode

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Destined With You” saw a slight drop in viewership for its second episode, which earned an average nationwide rating of 2.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1609204wpp/the-killing-vote-ratings-rise-as-destined-with-you-dips-for-2nd-episode

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 25, 2023
1 0

After premiering with a nationwide viewership of 2.91%, the JTBC fantasy rom-com Destined With You took a dip in ratings and achieved 2.39% for its second episode. The average viewership of the drama for its premiere week is 2.65%. But, looking beyond the domestic ratings, the drama ranked as one of the top 10 shows on Netflix in 50+ countries - Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Cambodia, Maldives, Mexico, Peru, Qatar, India, the United States, and the United Arab Emirates, to name a few - just a day after its release.  

rNk35g_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama  Destined With You?

Episode 3 of Destined With You will air on August 30th (Wednesday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-reigns-over-netflix-the-killing-vote-jumps-back-to-its-best-ever-rating

• Like 3

Destined With You: Episodes 1-2

by Unit

Our fantasy rom-com premieres to a decent start with spells, haunted houses, and fake grim reapers. Our cursed leading man is finally on the verge of liberation, but is it really a K-drama if everything goes smoothly between him and his leading lady — the only one who can break his curse? Let’s find out.

EPISODES 1-2

We open on a rainy day in a deserted shaman shrine that doubles as a crime scene. Amidst tools of the shamanic trade and pools of water on the floor, a lady in a raincoat lays flat on her back. A side door creaks open to let out a man dressed in a black suit, and he looms over her. As she gazes at him, she notes the accuracy of dramas in their depiction of grim reapers as “handsome.” Lol. Typical of dying single women in dramaland, she wonders if she’s going to die like that without getting to date someone. And if that’s the case, she better make a date out of drinking tea with the handsome grim reaper. Heh.

Our raincoat lady is none other than our heroine, LEE HONG-JO (Jo Boa), a ninth-grade civil servant whose diligence at work is a contrast to the unbothered attitude of her colleagues. And no, she’s not dying. The creepy shrine business is just another regular day in the life of a hardworking civil servant in Onju city.

For more of the creeps, we’re introduced to the handsome not-a-grim-reaper, who is, in actual fact, our male lead, JANG SHIN-YU (Kim Ro-woon). As a hotshot lawyer in a fancy law firm, Shin-yu is no stranger to attracting attention from the ladies — including a really shy missus who only reveals her bloody hand to him. Red Hand, as she’s fondly and aptly named, is, well, an invisible-to-everyone-else-but-him hand that pops out every now and then in the dark to caress his neck and cheeks. K-dramas! They’ll string us along for weeks without skinship between an OTP, but here we are interlocking fingers with a creepy hand in the first episode. Nice!

Shin-yu’s involuntary romance with Red Hand isn’t the only creepy thing in store for us, and soon, a blood moon occurs. What’s the best thing to do during a blood moon? Why, visit a haunted house, of course! That’s exactly what a vlogger does on a live stream, and his haunted house of choice is the deserted shrine we saw earlier. Unfortunately, one fright leads to another, and in his haste to leave, he trips and lands on a cutter blade in the yard. Yikes! Wait, what’s the genre of this drama again? Slasher horror?

Speaking of horror, Hong-jo gets transferred to the Park Maintenance Team at City Hall where her nemesis in the person of GONG SEO-GOO (Hyun Bong-shik) is waiting for her. When she was still a rookie, Hong-jo erroneously reported Mr. Gong to the audit team after she saw him accept what she didn’t know then was condolence money for his mom’s funeral. Since then, Mr. Gong has had it out for her, and the rest of the team are firmly on his side.

After the vlogger’s death, the citizens petition City Hall to demolish the haunted shrine, but the responsibility is passed around. When the case lands in their department, Hong-jo volunteers to handle it, and Mr. Gong is only too happy to throw her under the bus onto the case.

Hong-jo and her raincoat visit the shrine for inspection, and when she faces a statue in the shrine, she hears a whisper, “What took you so long?” Erm… the rain? She dismisses the whisper as something from her imagination and continues her tour until she spots a shadowy figure in one of the rooms. Frightened, she falls to the floor, and we get a replay of the opening scene with Hong-jo’s grim reaper monologue, and her asking Shin-yu the reaper out for some tea. Heh.

What business does Shin-yu have in the haunted shrine? I’m glad you asked. Apparently, the land belongs to his family, and he was entrusted with the task of taking care of the shrine. Unfortunately, the caretaker he hired did a terrible job of managing the place and now the Poongsan Jang family has a death on the property. Shin-yu’s father, JANG SE-HEON (Lee Pil-mo), is not impressed with the outcome of things, and he tells his son to quit the law firm if he doesn’t have time to take care of the oh-so-very-important-to-our-family shrine.

But the shrine is the least of Shin-yu’s concerns at the moment due to a recent development of tremors in his right hand. He is diagnosed with a chromosome mutation that could lead to right hemiplegia, loss of sense in his hands and feet, and language impairment. And as for treatment options, well, you can’t treat a genetic disorder. Basically, Shin-yu’s got a time bomb in his head that could explode anytime, and he’s advised to be careful of stressful situations.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/destined-with-you-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1