[Drama 2023-2024] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

hohstMN.gif

Happy New Year! It's time again for our annual Soompi Forums Awards.

Which dramas were your favorite in 2023?

Vote here for Poll #1:

Your Event Organizers

Isn’t anyone watching this? 
Has the Chairman died for certain? I am expecting to see him Uee’s show.

Don’t tell me KY is trying to kill the Chairman and Jk? The chairman must find out that his son is not his son before he dies.

• Like 1

So Episode 95 ...

Only 5 episodes left and the only reason I'm hanging on is because I want to see Oh Na Hee get Puppy Oppa's Uncle - both are so completely clueless that they deserve to be THE happy ending in all of this.

The supposed plot lines in this drama have become nonsensical soup ...

- KY somehow got a restraining order to keep JK from seeing her daughter for something that happened to him ... exactly how does Korean law make that work?:blink:

- JT & JK team up and put KY's mother in a mental hospital ... and AGAIN in front of not 1 not 2 but 3 hospital staff members, tell Mother with relish, that they are putting her in there for revenge, for the rest of her life - and no one says a word ... Korean Law enforcement/courts, and Hospital/ Mental welfare, aren't just be beaten down in this drama, the institutions are being nuked.

9 hours ago, maribella said:

Has the Chairman died for certain? I am expecting to see him Uee’s show.

The Chairman is still alive, and is changing his story via video stream about every other episode, he helps JK then makes her out to be the baddie when he turns around and helps lie for his son. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, maribella said:

Don’t tell me KY is trying to kill the Chairman and Jk? The chairman must find out that his son is not his son before he dies.

The Chairman already knows (turns out he always knew) that KY wasn't his son - KY isn't trying to kill him anymore after he made a video making JK out to be the baddie.  JK was living with KY, and still working the same company right up until the nonsensical restraining order came through. 

- Top Knot ahjumma and Bit Na are taking care of hospitalized Assemblyman

- KY's dog of a secretary is finally turning on him

- Puppy Oppa is in a corner somewhere sulking about everything (and still wearing suits a size too big)

Only one more week!!!

Jimmy Fallon Goodbye GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

You know the previous actor that played KY looked, dressed, and acted so goofy, I don't think he could had pulled off being this villianous.  

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I want to see Oh Na Hee

Someone give this actress a Second Female Lead role in a daily drama.  

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Bit Na

Someone give this actress a Female Lead role in a mini-series drama. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Only 5 episodes left and the only reason I'm hanging on is because I want to see Oh Na Hee get Puppy Oppa's Uncle - both are so completely clueless that they deserve to be THE happy ending in all of this.

The two side roles are now holding court, so to speak, kdrama twist hits again.

- JT & JK team up and put KY's mother in a mental hospital ... and AGAIN in front of not 1 not 2 but 3 hospital staff members, tell Mother with relish, that they are putting her in there for revenge, for the rest of her life - and no one says a word ... Korean Law enforcement/courts, and Hospital/ Mental welfare, aren't just be beaten down in this drama, the institutions are being nuked.

I think Korean law is much better if they could charge and convict the woman president. Other countries, even OECD ones, are still talking and going up/down the courts. 

This is just kdrama police and court having a great time ignoring what’s going on. Another twist, JK and JT are besties or at least not at each other’s throat. :scream:

The Chairman is still alive, and is changing his story via video stream about every other episode, he helps JK then makes her out to be the baddie when he turns around and helps lie for his son. :rolleyes:

He what? Boo, boo, this is just like the henpecked father of the SFL in Miss M. He was the mastermind. 
So KY’s father has been pretending all this while, he probably could walk and do push ups in that little room.

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, maribella said:

He what? Boo, boo, this is just like the henpecked father of the SFL in Miss M. He was the mastermind. 
So KY’s father has been pretending all this while, he probably could walk and do push ups in that little room.

I don't think he was pretending, he's just feeling the failing of his health and wanted to try and help his son that he now feels responsible for. When JK & others confronted him about it, he was like ... "oh yeah, i didn't think of that" :rolleyes:

• LOL 4