Ai Mi as Yin Hong
Li Xiao Pang as Mu Nan
Guo Hao Jun as Yang Wenchang
Lu Yu Hao as Gu Jun
Dai Yi as Ceremonial Officer
Xuan Yi Hao as Wang Ai
Wang Chu Yu as Wang Cong

Synopsis:

Liu Yu Ru, daughter of a merchant, has only one hope in life: to find a good husband and marry into a good family so that she could escape from her own family composed of her very sick mother, her cruel stepmother and her neglectful father. Therefore, she trains very hard to become a perfect lady whom anyone would want as a wife and a daughter-in-law.

She thinks she's finally succeeded when she marries the rich young master Gu Jiu Si. But she realizes that her husband despises her, as he thinks she's only a gold-digger, and would rather spend his time in brothels than with his wife.

Yu Ru finally understands that she must take her destiny into her own hands and that she cannot rely on others to survive. She learns business with her mother-in-law, eventually earning her place in the family, and even succeeds in taming her husband, becoming able to stand up to him and change him from a drunken playboy into a brave, honest and righteous man.

This is the story of a weak and pitiful lady who grows up to become a strong and smart woman who no longer needs anyone to survive and can stand up for herself, even gaining the love of a husband who despised her and changing him for the best.

Credit: MDL, Dramawiki

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Destined 长风渡, premieres June 18,starring Bai Qing Ting & Song Yi

This should be interesting to watch for their chemistry since they are rumoured to be dating in real life. Separately, I like Song Yi from her role in My Heroic Husband, and Bai Jing Ting in the drama, Reset.

• Like 1

I just watched up to Ep 3.   I stumbled into it accidentally.

This drama moves very fast.  No dilly dally.  So far so good.  Very humorous.   There is a Dearth of good C-Dramas for some time.  I have been re-watching the old C-Dramas.

So they got married to each other accidentally. The 2 arch-enemies. :lol:  And also due to the "Scheming" of the wicked Concubine in Liu Yuru's (Song Yi) family - something like the Concubine controlling the Husband & Family in "The Story Of Ming Lan".

Worse is, Gu Jiusi (Bai Jing Ting) misunderstood Liu Yuru.  He thought LYR has really fallen in love with him.

So while GJS is scheming to make LYR leave him.  LYR  on the other hand has No Choice but to stay and  "Tame"  GJS, for 3 reasons : 

Spoiler

1) To save her father from Prison.  Only the Powerful Gu Family can save her father.

2) For herself and her mother.

3) For her "Parents-In-Law".  As the Gu Family's fortune is getting precarious too.

In fact, the attitude of  Liu Yuru's father has changed at her Wedding Banquet.  He has started to favour his Legal Wife (LYR's mother) again.

Although I find Song Yi's works rather  Stereo-Typed - nothing new   Nevertheless, let the Fun begins....... 

:hwaiting2:

• Like 1

Yuri and GuJiusi are intelligent and I think he realized that she is not only beautiful but also smart. 

The ML is immature but not a jerk, at least not yet.  :D

Grandmother Ye was pleased when she saw the painting.  That was thoughtful gift from Yuri. 

Fy55yvYakAo46PO?format=jpg&name=360x360

FypgqU6XoAYwQC6?format=jpg&name=small

I just finished Ep 18.   

Troubles are brewing for the "Gu Family".  Liu Yu Ru's ex-Fiance  Ye Shian may not be as good as he seems to be.   It is not clear yet.   But I think he is involved in the coming Storms  for the "Gu Family"

I would love to hear all your comments too.

I'm loving this drama, the trailer does not do it justice, its not as crazy as it looks. It's more of a serious drama with some comedic elements than a comedy. I really like Gu Jiusi's cool calm collected personality. He's not over bearing nor overly jealous and not an idiot. B) He just doesn't flaunt his intelligence, I like how he defends his wife and props up his mother. He was misunderstood for so long that when liu yuru told him how she believed in him, he started believing in himself. ...I really am enjoying watching his transformation from someone who was so carefree not having to worry about anything much nor care about others feelings to someone who is more serious, cares deeply about others feelings, realizing and nurturing his talents, while protecting those close to him without always being directly involved. I like his wife too but he's stealing the show.. and his hairstylist needs a raise, not too many actors can pull off a long hair look but he makes it look so natural  I loved how he defend his wife's honor by not apologizing because she was humiliated but accepted the consequences for his actions by punishing himself 

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Destined 长风渡, premiered June 18, starring Bai Qing Ting & Song Yi

I just finished Ep 11 and 12.

Ep 11

Spoiler

Really had me in suspense.  I thought Gu Jiu Si is going to lose everything at the gambling table. It is not just his wits that saves the day.  Lady Luck has a big role in it too.

What if that Famed Gambling Goddess decides to go through with the Last Bet?  GJS would have lost everything.   He is damned lucky.  Later he confessed to his Wife that he has never been so "Scared".

This incident shows that GJS is dependable friend.

He is also smart.  He helped because he already know that Zhou Ye the son of General Zhou Gao Lang.  By helping him, he has made for himself a Formidable Friend - someone whom he can call upon to help him in future.

GJS is a smart guy.  It is just that his parents had spoilt him initially.  Never really taught him well.  Allowing him to live a carefree life. Fortunately he is by Nature, Intelligent and Kind.  

- the fact that he gave the Fox Fur Coat to a Beggar. (Ep 1)

- When Liu Yuru asked him for the Coat, he did not play hard. He gave her money to make another one. And even sent someone to retrieve the Fox Fur.

- GJS knows his limits.  Although he is playful, he did go to the extreme of sleeping around with the prostitutes in the Brothel.

- and when he took revenge on LYR in Ep 1 too I think, he still bought her the box of Rouge which LYR was hesitant to buy.  

LYR's Mother-In-Law wanted to train LYR to do business.  But she did not guide her.  LYR would not be able to handle the clients if GJS has not given her some Tips on every customer.  Which shows that GJS has good business brains.

And yeah.  The way he defends and protects his Wife is awesome.

Ep 12

Spoiler

That Luo Zishang is creating troubles for the Gu Family.  I believe he is the son or a relative of  the neighbouring family of LYR's mother.

That is why the "Stones" he gave to LYR was from there.  LYR saw them when she took her mother back to her Ancestral Home, which was also badly burnt in a Fire.  I wonder if Luo Zishang was responsible for that Fire.

Which led to LYR and her mother being badly treated by her father.

LZS seems to be planning a Rebellion.  He instigated that stupid Wang Shanquan to join him. He is buying Arms.  A Rebellion needs Money.  Which is why they want to grab the Business and Wealth of the Gu Family.

Hard times are coming for the Gu Family.  Can they migrate to another province safely?   Will LZS allow them?  We shall know in the next ep

• Like 1

I   Loved today's episodes especially the part when Gu Jiusi told Liu Yuru that he was going to be someone capable that she can rely on  {recognizing his shortcomings} :wub:  so that she would not regret marrying him, Then asked her to please not regret marrying him. Then he sullenly begged her over and over and over to not regret marrying him :rolleyes: Ahh ...The way he was pleading to her, I  felt like my heart was going to leap out of my chest. 

This drama is really refreshing, normally it's the female lead trying to become stronger or docile for the male lead, or the male lead relishing in his wealth trying to downplay his lifestyle to get the girl, or being a martial artist trying to seek justice finding love along the way, or being headstrong trying to help the female lead come up to his level.  I like how Gu Jiusi character is good at martial arts but they don't make it the primary focus and he does it when needed. He's not good at studying but capable of it and being a genius, he knows where he's needed so his character is not wasted. But I still will never forget yesterday's episode where he told wang/wong iirc, I beat you because you humiliated my wife, I will not apologize for THAT but I will follow the law and take my punishment AND I want you to apologize to my wife.  Then he took all 20 lashes struggled over to him and said, " NOW apologize to my wife!"

I can't help but wonder if his father had something to do with the fire that killed Liu Yuru's mother's family. If he did I don't think his wife and Gu Jiusi are aware of it.

The previews for tomorrow seem heartwrenching and bittersweet I can't wait:rolleyes:

Bai Jing Ting is so good at acting  :huh:.... I must watch more of his dramas

• Like 1

I just finished Eps 13 & 14.  OK. We shall dispense with the "Spoilers".  After all not many ppl are following this drama.

As we all already know, the Storms came to past.  (I don't watch Previews:lol:)

1) So Liu Yuru and Luo Zishang met when they were young.

2) LZS is an illegitimate child and thus had a Vengeance against the Father he had never met.  I think he thought his Father was Gu  Lang Hua (GJS's father).

3) GJS's father is a jolly old fellow like his son. I don't think he is LZS's father.

4) Wang Shanquan is so cruel.  He can even had his own son killed.  Wealth & Power is more important to him.

5) I think LYR's mother was pushed off the carriage by the Concubine.  LYR should not have allowed her into their ship.  Her father deserved to die though.  I am not even sorry for that. He is a terrible man.

6) Thanks god GJS taught LYR horse riding.  It came in handy.

7) I cried when the Loyal Servant of the Gu Family was brutally killed by Wang Shanquan's soldiers.  So sad. 

8) The personal maid of LYR's mother sacrificed herself so that LYR's mother can escape.  So sad too.

8) Even GJS's buddy Yang Wen Chang is so Brave.

Luo Zi Shang:

His vengeance had implicated many lives.

a) Gu Jiu Si: If he thought Gu Lang Hua is his illegitimate father, then GJS should be his Half-Brother.  No wonder he hates him.  And especially when GJS's wife is someone he likes - LYR.

b) Jiang He: Was a Minister at the Palace.  GJS's uncle and the Gu Family's backer.  I believe LZS must be the one who brought JH down.  He lost the Emperor's favour and was demoted.  And with that, Wang Shanquan dares to attack the Gu Family.

I am glad this Drama maintain it's pace.  No dragging.  Very sad episodes.  

The next 2 eps will show us how GJS and LYR escaped to live another day.  Looking forward to them.

P/S:  Dear  @omiki Why don't you join in the Comments? :lol:

• Like 1

@hush puppy :waves:  
I’m watching this drama, but because I read the novel, I’m not surprised at what is happening. Although I don’t remember the details because I read it a few months ago, I roughly know how it will end and what will happen to the main characters.

Ye Shi An is a well-educated and righteous man, so he will not turn bad. He truly cares about Liu Yu Ru, as can be seen from his conversation with Gu Si at the school. The big bad guy is Luo Zi Shang but he is, as you and some others have pointed out, sadly mistaken about who caused the misfortunes in his childhood. Mistakes were made by the parent generation who were themselves young and immature at that time, much like Gu Si and his friends are now. Nevertheless, it is the choices that define us, not the circumstances thrust upon us ( don’t know which great man said that but you get the drift …  ) Anyway, the drama will be much more than a romance story.

BJT, Song Yi and LXY are acting their roles well. Some people say that SY is not pretty enough but I think she depicts LYR well and I love how she looks in her outfits, especially the baby pink and powder blue ones.

let’s enjoy this drama together!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Eps 15 and 16 are slow and boring.   

Actually I do not enjoy Bai Jing Ting's acting.  I could not finish his last 2 dramas.  I only last a few minutes.  Or just ep 1.

The first few eps for this drama, he is ok.  But for eps 15 & 16, I have problems with his acting.  I find it Unconvincing.  That means I just see it as "Acting".  I cannot immerse myself in it.  I see Bai Jing Ting.   Not Gu Jiu Si.   And his Facial Expressions are so blank.

The supporting casts are better than him.  Especially his personal servant.  He is so cute.

Sorry Bai Jing Ting's Fans.  :(  I am just saying what I feel.

• Like 1

@hush puppy

I feel some actors and actresses are not excellent at acting in some roles.

I guess BJT may not be suitable for this role for you.

So far, I think they are portraying kids who are in their late teens or early twenties in the earlier part of the drama.

He might be a better fit for his character's mature side later on.

And yes, his behavior is a bit more modern young master than ancient one at this point. 

3 hours ago, Mercipourleslivres said:

Hey all! I'm really loving the show. Came on here because I was trying to guess what dynasty/historical period the costumes were based on and couldn't find anything when I tried searching online. My guess was Song dynasty..but what do you guys think?

It is a superficial dynasty.  The Darongli Dynasty does not exist in history. 

Am I correct, @omiki  ?

On 6/23/2023 at 2:42 PM, omiki said:

@hush puppy   
I’m watching this drama, but because I read the novel, I’m not surprised at what is happening. Although I don’t remember the details because I read it a few months ago, I roughly know how it will end and what will happen to the main characters.

BJT, Song Yi and LXY are acting their roles well. Some people say that SY

is not pretty enough but I think she depicts LYR well and I love how she looks in her outfits, especially the baby pink and powder blue ones.

let’s enjoy this drama together!

@omiki   Thank you so much :fullofhearts:

• Like 1

Yes, it is a fictional setting. Some people guessed from the politics depicted that it is set in the Northern and Southern Dynasties period around 420AD. The clothing also seem to match that period but it is hard to use that to accurately guess the period. Nowadays, dramas tend to take creative liberties when it comes to designing the clothes on set. If you recall some time ago, people complained about the clothing design in LLTG being un-Chinese, etc.

Much like the fashion trend cycles of today, ancient Chinese fashion also went through cycles - from long blouses to short cropped ones, from wide flared sleeves to narrow sleeves, from skirts tied at the waist to later being tied above the breasts then back down again … a very interesting study in itself.

I had a good laugh in episode 19 - GJS’s first day at work patrolling the streets with his co-worker :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1