[Drama 2023] The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract, 열녀박씨 계약결혼뎐

larus

The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract: Episodes 7-8

by DaebakGrits

This drama has more villains than a Batman movie, and as they take turns trying to ruin our OTP’s happiness, it’s no wonder that things become a little strained between our time traveler and her husband. Don’t worry, though, there’s still plenty of romance and squees to go around this week, but at least one of these baddies has seriously got to go.

EPISODES 7-8

After Tae-ha’s latest attack, Yeon-woo is feeling pretty confident that Tae-ha’s fate is tied to that of her Joseon husband, and she wants to step in to help him shoulder his burdens and be at his side while he battles Hye-sook, the woman who locked him in the annex and forced him to watch his mother die. Tae-ha, however, choses to draw a line and remind Yeon-woo that he’s not her dead husband. He just looks like him.

Ehhhhhh, while that is not true — we’ve definitely got some reincarnation shenanigans going on — it’s understandable that Tae-ha would be concerned that he shares a face with Yeon-woo’s dead husband now that he’s developing feelings for her. What if any romantic feelings she may have for him are due to the shared resemblance between him and her husband? That doesn’t sit well with Tae-ha, but Sung-pyo — who sees right through Tae-ha’s story about his “friend” — tells him to stop worrying about Yeon-woo’s dead husband. Tae-ha’s opponent holds no real threat since he’s not around to act as a goalkeeper for Yeon-woo’s heart.

Tae-ha takes Sung-pyo’s advice and buys some chocolates for Yeon-woo, but then he chickens out and hands them to Ha-na as she’s passing by. He gives Ha-na explicit instructions to share the chocolates with her team (so that Yeon-woo gets some and is indirectly the recipient of his affection), but Ha-na keeps all the chocolates for herself and tells her coworkers that they were a gift. Of course her coworkers assume that Ha-na has an admirer, and Ha-na smiles sweetly and sneaks a glance at the clueless Yeon-woo. At this point in our story, I’ve decided that Ha-na is a real witch, and I can only assume she needed those chocolates to start constructing her candy house in the woods.

Ha-na can try and run interference between our couple, but after working hours, Sa Wol and Sung-pyo’s matchmaking attempts are much more effective. In fact, their cockamamie plan to lock Tae-ha and Yeon-woo in a room together so they can consummate their marriage was proving effective — until a work emergency has Sung-pyo unlocking all the deadbolts he painstakingly installed on the outside of Yeon-woo’s bedroom.

Sadly, hanky-panky takes a backseat to the machinations of our evil-doers who are determined to see Yeon-woo’s fashion collaboration with Midam crash and burn. To begin, Yeon-woo’s designs are leaked and then put in production by a competitor, which gives Ha-na an excuse to berate Yeon-woo for being careless with her designs. (The audacity!) Yeon-woo, the eternal optimist, rallies herself with a little encouragement from Tae-ha and Tae-min. She moves forward with a new set of designs, but then someone (to be determined) lied to the modeling agency that the date of the fashion show had changed.

Hye-sook swoops in, like a devil about to barter for Tae-ha’s soul, and offers to find a new set of models for the runway. Tae-ha accepts the offer, which doesn’t sit well with the people around him — especially Sang-mo — but at the moment he cares more about the short-term goal of having a successful collaboration with Midam than his long-term war with Hye-sook. And if there’s also a part of him that doesn’t want to see Yeon-woo’s runway debut go up in flames, then so be it.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-episodes-7-8/

by Lily Alice, December 18, 2023
2 3

The 2023 MBC Drama Awards, scheduled to take place on December 30, is an annual event that honors the dramas and actors in recognition of their hard work and talent.

MBC K-dramas of 2023 brought many couples, from those struggling to keep their relationships in turbulent times of the Joseon era to those bound by destiny.  

All eyes are on the leading contenders for the coveted Best Couple Award.

pdvmVB_2f.png

Adding to the competition are Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk, depicting a romance transcending death and eras in The Story of Park's Marriage Contract.

Lee Se Young plays a woman from the 19th century, and Bae In Hyuk portrays an emotionless man from the 21st century.

With such strong contenders vying for the Best Couple Award, it sure will be a cut-throat competition. 

The voting for the Best Couple award will be conducted from 10 a.m. on December 18 (Monday) until midnight on December 25 (Monday) through the official 2023 MBC Drama Awards website and Naver Entertainment.

The 2023 MBC Drama Awards will air on December 30 at 8:40 p.m.

https://mydramalist.com/article/mbc-drama-couples-compete-for-best-couple-award-at-2023-mbc-drama-awards

2023 MBC Drama Awards Unveils Nominees For Best Couple Award

Dec 18, 2023
by S. Nam

mbc-best-couple.jpg

2023 MBC Drama Awards has revealed the nominees for the Best Couple award!

On December 18, MBC announced this year’s nominees for the 2023 MBC Drama Awards, which will be taking place on December 30.

The nominees include Woo Do Hwan and WJSN’s Bona, who captivated viewers with their sweet romance in “Joseon Attorney,” Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin, who portrayed tender love in “My Dearest,” ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo and Park Gyu Young, who play a couple that heals each other’s wounded hearts through love in “A Good Day to Be a Dog,” and Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk, who are showcasing great chemistry in “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract.”

The 2023 MBC Drama Awards will air on December 30 and be hosted by Park Gyu Young and Kim Sung Joo. Voting will take place until December 25 at 12 a.m. KST through the 2023 MBC Drama Awards official website and Naver Poll.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632314wpp/2023-mbc-drama-awards-unveils-nominees-for-best-couple-award

Spoiler

Joo Hyun Young And Bae In Hyuk Have An Emotional Confrontation In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Joo Hyun Young And Bae In Hyuk Have An Emotional Confrontation In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Based on the web novel of the same name, MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

Previously, Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha began a relationship after revealing their feelings for one another. At the end of episode 8, Park Yeon Woo was shocked to see a stele with her name on it in the mountain behind Kang Sang Mo’s (Chun Ho Jin’s) house.

The newly released stills depict the tense confrontation between Kang Tae Ha and Sa Wol (Joo Hyun Young) at the hospital. After hearing news that Park Yeon Woo fainted, Kang Tae Ha visits the hospital and runs into Sa Wol. Immediately after Kang Tae Ha enters the hospital room, Sa Wol blocks him with a look of frustration, causing Kang Tae Ha to gaze back in confusion.

joo-hyun-young-bae-in-hyuk.jpeg

Spoiler

joo-hyun-young-1.jpeg

bae-in-hyuk-3-1.jpeg

Furthermore, Sa Wol shares cold-hearted words to Tae Ha, holding his arms and shaking them while unleashing a torrent of anger and leaving Tae Ha at a loss for words. Viewers are curious to find out what the two conversed about and how Sa Wol put Kang Tae Ha in such a state with her sharp words.

joo-hyun-young-bae-in-hyun-2-1.jpeg

Behind the scenes, Bae In Hyuk and Joo Hyun Young created a lively atmosphere as they perfected their emotional portrayal and checked their scripts in great detail. The production team shared, “Bae In Hyuk and Joo Hyun Young are showcasing passionate acting that draws the attention of the set with their exceptional focus and how they make each scene count. Please show lots of interest for episode 9 of ‘The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract,’ which will shine with the vivid emotional acting from the two.”

The next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” will air on December 22 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632751wpp/joo-hyun-young-and-bae-in-hyuk-have-an-emotional-confrontation-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

• Like 1

Spoiler

Bae In Hyuk And Lee Se Young Are Startled During An Intimate Moment In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Bae In Hyuk And Lee Se Young Are Startled During An Intimate Moment In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Based on the web novel of the same name, MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (played by Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

Previously on “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract,” Kang Tae Ha and Park Yeon Woo revealed their feelings for one another and officially began dating for real.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the blissful couple finds themselves in a surprising situation. When the smitten duo winds up alone in an empty office, they are unable to stop themselves from stealing a kiss on the cheek.

Lee-Se-Young-Bae-In-Hyuk-2.jpegBae-In-Hyuk-5.jpeg

However, this tender moment is abruptly interrupted when Kang Tae Ha and Park Yeon Woo hear a strange noise inside the office. After jumping apart in shock, the alarmed couple tries to figure out the source of the sound they just heard.

Lee-Se-Young-Bae-In-Hyuk-2-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young-Bae-In-Hyuk-3.jpegLee-Se-Young-Bae-In-Hyuk-4.jpeg

The drama’s production team commented, “Thanks to the realistic acting of Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk as a couple, it was possible for this scene to be not only sweet and romantic, but also cute.”

They went on to tease, “In Episode 9, which airs today, you’ll be able to see a truly diverse array of sides of the ‘Park-Ha couple.’ You can safely look forward to it.”

To find out what caused the mystery noise that startled Kang Tae Ha and Park Yeon Woo, catch the next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” on December 22 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633166wpp/bae-in-hyuk-and-lee-se-young-are-startled-during-an-intimate-moment-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Maintains No. 1 Ratings As “My Demon” Kicks Off 2nd Half

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Maintains No. 1 Ratings As “My Demon” Kicks Off 2nd Half

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” continues to dominate Friday nights!

On December 22, the popular romance drama starring Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk successfully held onto its spot at the top of its time slot. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” took first place in its time slot across all channels with an average nationwide rating of 7.4 percent, making it the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the evening.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633325wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-maintains-no-1-ratings-as-my-demon-kicks-off-2nd-half

Spoiler

Lee Se Young Fights Back After Being Kidnapped In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Lee Se Young Fights Back After Being Kidnapped In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Dec 23, 2023
by E. Cha

Lee Se Young will find herself in grave danger on the next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”!

Based on the web novel of the same name, MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (played by Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

The previous episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” revealed a shocking twist: Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha unexpectedly discovered that his grandfather Kang Sang Mo (Chun Ho Jin) was the true culprit responsible for his mother’s death.

The episode then ended on a major cliffhanger, with Kang Sang Mo ominously telling someone over the phone that there was “another matter that needs to be taken care of.”

In suspenseful new stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Park Yeon Woo desperately tries to escape after being kidnapped. Tied up and locked in an abandoned warehouse, Park Yeon Woo looks terrified as she tries to assess the dangerous situation in which she finds herself.

Later, Park Yeon Woo manages to free herself from the ropes binding her—but just when she is about to escape, she ends up facing off against an intimidating henchman who grabs her forcefully by the collar.

Lee-Se-Young.jpgLee-Se-Young-6.jpegLee-Se-Young-2-1.jpeg

Praising Lee Se Young’s acting, the drama’s production team remarked, “Lee Se Young threw her entire body and soul into her passionate performance, maximizing the suspense and bringing an amazing scene to life.”

They went on to add, “Please make sure to tune in to find out how this dangerous moment for Park Yeon Woo, which will play a key role in the remainder of the plot, will unfold.”

To find out who kidnapped Park Yeon Woo—and whether she will manage to safely escape—catch the next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” on December 23 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633328wpp/lee-se-young-fights-back-after-being-kidnapped-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

by Lily Alice, December 23, 2023

The MBC rom-com The Story of Park's Marriage Contract scored 7.4% (nationwide) for episode 9, dropping from its previous episode's rating of 8%. The K-drama is in its penultimate week of airing. 

0wbwJ7_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama The Story of Park's Marriage Contract?

Episode 10 of The Story of Park's Marriage Contract will air on December 23 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-demon-and-the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract-score-decent-ratings

Here are the ratings for Episode 10! :).

“Welcome To Samdalri,” “Live Your Own Life,” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” All Earn Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Welcome To Samdalri,” “Live Your Own Life,” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” All Earn Their Highest Ratings Yet

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” enjoyed a slight increase in viewership as it gears up for the final week of its run!

On December 23, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” successfully remained the most-watched drama in its time slot ahead of its final week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the fantasy romance rose to an average nationwide rating of 7.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632276wpp/welcome-to-samdalri-live-your-own-life-and-maestra-strings-of-truth-all-earn-their-highest-ratings-yet

Found this week's ep. a bit underwhelming.. I even fast forwarded the ep. 

No surprises that it was evil gramps behind it all. Ha Na is spilling the beans too LoL. 

Wonder how it will all end..? As Sa Wol enjoys staying at "New Joseon" LoL, while Yeon Woo and Tae Ha are inseparable.

by Lily Alice, December 24, 2023

The MBC rom-com The Story of Park's Marriage Contract scored 7.6% for episode 10, a slight improvement from its previous episode's rating of 7.4%. The K-drama has maintained a streak of single-digit viewership so far. 

RBZYkV_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama The Story of Park's Marriage Contract?

Episode 11 of The Story of Park's Marriage Contract will air on January 5 (Friday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract-rating-improves-welcome-to-samdalri-my-demon-see-a-drop

On 12/23/2023 at 10:22 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

This one is only getting 12 episodes, it will also not air next week due to an award show I believe.

Ohhh I hadn't stopped to consider how the end of year awards ceremonies might interrupt regular programming (I don't live remotely in the same time zone, so I think of the awards ceremonies as a 6 am event, lol). 

The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract: Episodes 9-10

by DaebakGrits

Fate has not been kind to our OTP, and it’s never been more apparent than now, as the truth about the past — and how it’s repeating itself — is revealed. The more our characters know about their lives in Joseon, the harder and more perilous their job becomes in the future to ensure they find a happy ending.

EPISODES 9-10

The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract continues to be my weekend happy place, but the more in love I fall with our OTP and their romance, the less I enjoy the time travel element that brought them together. At first, I couldn’t figure out why the story wasn’t quite resonating with me any more even though I continued to laugh and squee my way through all the episodes, but I’ve finally figured it out: I don’t like the unspoken idea that Fate has seemingly cursed Tae-ha and Yeon-woo despite their innocence.

Traditional K-drama logic would dictate that our heroes are only fated to have tragic or cursed reincarnations if they did something (or were perceived as having done something) bad or harmful to others in their past lives. That isn’t the case with Tae-ha and Yeon-woo. Instead, they were both the victims of the Kang family’s plot to have Yeon-woo die a “virtuous woman,” a title that, at the time, came with a government award, honor for one’s family, and a fancy headstone — which still stands on the Kang property in 2023.

Now, if Cheonmyeong had sent Yeon-woo further in the past (a la Perfect Marriage Revenge ) so she could stop her and Tae-ha’s murders before they happened, I wouldn’t take any issue with the time travel. For starters, it just makes more sense. Whereas this jump to the future still has me trying to figure out how exactly the past will be changed based on Yeon-woo’s actions in 2023. She can’t undo her death unless, when she returns to Joseon, she returns to a time before she died. In which case, what’s the purpose of traveling to 2023?

But the real thing that grinds my gears is that, by traveling to the future and showing that the past is repeating itself, the message seems to be that Yeon-woo and Tae-ha are being punished for reasons entirely out of their past lives’ control. As a viewer, that doesn’t sit right with me, especially when the onus is on Yeon-woo — again, one of the good guys who didn’t do anything wrong — to do all the heavy lifting and fix things. Shouldn’t the villains be atoning for their sins in their new incarnations? Like, shouldn’t they be the snails that Tae-ha runs over with his car or something?

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-episodes-9-10/

Spoiler

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Shares Behind-The-Scenes Photos Ahead Of One-Week Hiatus

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Shares Behind-The-Scenes Photos Ahead Of One-Week Hiatus

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” may not be airing this week, but the drama’s production team has shared some behind-the-scenes photos to ease the pain of not getting new episodes!

Due to the upcoming 2023 MBC Entertainment Awards and 2023 MBC Drama Awards, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” will not be airing on December 29 and 30. Instead, the drama will return with Episode 11 on January 5, 2024.

To make up for the one-week hiatus, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has released a fresh batch of behind-the-scenes photos of its stars on the filming set.

The production team commented, “We hope to soothe viewers’ disappointment over this week’s hiatus even the slightest bit with these behind-the-scenes photos of the cast, which capture the adorable atmosphere [on the set].”

Check out the new photos of stars Lee Se Young, Bae In Hyuk, Joo Hyun Young, Yoo Seon Ho, and more below!

Bae-In-Hyuk-Lee-Se-Young-Joo-Hyun-Young.Bae-In-Hyuk-8.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young-7.jpegBae-In-Hyuk-2-2.jpegYoo-Seon-Ho-2.jpegJoo-Hyun-Young.jpeg

Bae-In-Hyuk-Lee-Se-Young-6.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young-2-2.jpegBae-In-Hyuk-3-2.jpegJoo-Hyun-Young-2.jpegYoo-Seon-Ho-2-1.jpegLee-Se-Young-3-1.jpeg

The next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” will air on January 5 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633712wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-shares-behind-the-scenes-photos-ahead-of-one-week-hiatus

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” held steady at No. 2 on the drama list, while its stars Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk ranked No. 6 and No. 8 respectively on the actor list.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. SBS “My Demon”
  2. MBC “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”
  3. JTBC “Welcome to Samdalri”
  4. KBS2 “Korea-Khitan War
  5. tvN “Maestra: Strings of Truth”
  6. KBS2 “The Matchmakers”
  7. ENA “Like Flowers in Sand”
  8. ENA “Tell Me You Love Me”
  9. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life
  10. KBS2 “The Elegant Empire

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows: 

1. Song Kang (“My Demon”)
  2. Kim Yoo Jung (“My Demon”)
  3. Lee Young Ae (“Maestra: Strings of Truth”)
  4. Im Siwan (“Boyhood”)
  5. Shin Hye Sun (“Welcome to Samdalri”)
  6. Lee Se Young (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  7. Ji Chang Wook (“Welcome to Samdalri”)
  8. Bae In Hyuk (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  9. Han So Hee (“Gyeongseong Creature”)
  10. Park Seo Joon (“Gyeongseong Creature”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634220wpp/my-demon-and-song-kang-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings-for-3rd-week

Lee Se-young of '2023 MBC Drama Awards' attended. Lee Se-young of 'Yeolnyeo Park's Contract Marriage' attended the '2023 MBC Drama Awards' photo wall event held at Sangam MBC on the 30th.

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] 《Photo Wall》 <Park’s Contract Marriage> Lee Se-young, broadcast on MBC 231230

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] 《Photo Wall》 <Park’s Contract Marriage> Bae In-hyuk, broadcast on MBC 231230

[2023 MBC Drama Awards] 《Photo Wall》 <Park’s Contract Marriage> Yoo Seon-ho & Joo Hyeon-young & Jo Bok-rae, broadcast on MBC 231230

Yoo Seon-ho & Joo Hyeon-young & Jo Bok-rae, at MBC Drama Awards 2023

2023123020451122899_1.jpg

https://news.mt.co.kr/photonews/photovod_view.html?no=202312302049168788&cate=

Actress Lee Se-young is posing at the '2023 MBC Drama Awards' red carpet event held at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 30th.

2023123020421821300_1.jpg

Actor Bae In-hyuk is posing at the '2023 MBC Drama Awards' red carpet event held at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 30th.

2023123020385699987_1.jpg