[Drama 2023] Not Others/Strangers, 남남

larus

Not Others, Ep 1 kicks off to VERY promising start – SUPERB main leads, INTERESTING plot

Not-Others-Episode-1.jpg

I must admit, being pressed for time recently, I started watching Not Others last night because the new K-drama is only 12 episodes in length and, Episode 1 at least, is only an hour long.

15 minutes in, though, and I knew this one would be on my Must Watch list for the rest of its run.

After all, it isn’t every day we get a Korean drama with two extremely talented women in the main roles (Choi Soo Young and Jeon Hye Jin) along with an interesting, and quite unusual plot.

Throw in that Not Others features three of the best Korean ‘halmeoni’ (grandmas) — played by Lee Young Yi, Yang Hee Kyung, and my absolute favorite Korean actress and Korea’s “national grandma” Kim Young Ok — and, if the other 11 episodes are as fun as this one, it could be one of the best K-dramas of the season.

Not Others, Episode 1 premiered on Genie TV last night to a 1.26 percent audience share nationwide.

In Seoul, Not Others, Episode 1 earned a slightly lower 1.25 percent rating.

Ratings for Genie TV dramas are always lower than many other dramas due to it being a pay-to-view channel, so don’t get disillusioned with the low-so-far ratings.

Episode 2 of Not Others will air on Genie TV in South Korea tonight at 22:00 (KST) as well as on ENA, with new episodes of the comedy drama airing very Monday and Tuesday at the same time through August 22nd.

Outside South Korea, you can watch Not Others via Viki, where the drama is currently rated with a 9.3 out of 10 after Episode 1.

https://leosigh.com/not-others-ep-1-kicks-off-to-very-promising-start-superb-main-leads-interesting-plot/

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 9:34 PM, Auntie Mame said:

Just finished ep. 1.  I'm surprised that one of the subjects received approval from the moral and decency police.:lol:  Wow, I want to see the store where mother and daughter went shopping.:o:lol:

I find the actress playing Mum kind off reserved, so I was pleasantly surprised that she pulled of the masturb*tion scene. I was actually expecting something with more moaning, like in the Filipino movie Glorious, but they got the point across.Even better is when mother tells daughter "don't think I haven't heard you get yourself off either!!" :D

Here are the ratings for Episode 2 :).

“Delightfully Deceitful” Ends On A High Note With No. 1 Ratings

“Delightfully Deceitful” Ends On A High Note With No. 1 Ratings

Meanwhile, the second episode of ENA’s new drama “Not Others” earned an average nationwide rating of 1.6 percent, enjoying a small boost from its premiere episode’s rating of 1.3 percent.

Based on a popular webtoon, “Not Others” is a comedy drama that tells the delightful cohabitation story of a clumsy mother and her coolheaded daughter. Jeon Hye Jin stars as Eun Mi, a bubbly physical therapist and single mother with a 29-year-old daughter. Sooyoung plays Eun Mi’s daughter Jin Hee, a police station patrol team leader who urgently needs to crack down on her mother rather than on her cases.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601553wpp/delightfully-deceitful-ends-on-a-high-note-with-no-1-ratings

After premiering with a nationwide viewership of 1.26%, the ENA drama Not Others, starring  Jeon Hye JinChoi Soo YoungAhn Jae Wook, and Park Sung Hoon, among others, rose to a rating of 1.61%. The average viewership of the series for its premiere week is 1.43%. 

1w43bz_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Not Others?

Episode 3 of Not Others will air on July 24 (Monday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/delightfully-deceitful-ends-on-a-satisfactory-note-heartbeat-dip-in-ratings

Not Others: Episodes 1-2

by Dramaddictally

ENA’s new mother-daughter comedy Not Others starts in unusual territory mixing heartfelt and raunchy in equal measure. At its core, the drama gives us an examination of a unique relationship — an adult daughter and her single mother — but it’s also setting us up for a crime comedy, with a central cop character and various cases its first week. If this seems like a strange blend, the fact that it’s all sex jokes and coarse humor only adds to the curiosity.

EPISODES 1-2

The first episode of Not Others hooked me in right away with two characters I felt instant empathy for as we peeked into their all-to-realistic daily lives. I was prepared for a slice-of-life comedy with quirky interactions and mother-daughter moments and I couldn’t wait for Episode 2. But by the end of the second episode, I felt my excitement wane as the realism was overshadowed by plot threads about newsworthy crimes and our leads’ involvement in them.

But, let’s start with the strong stuff. We open in the past with a little girl and her young mother sitting on a beach. The mom is there to scope out the scantily clad men but can’t get a date with her daughter glued to her side. She tries to get the little girl to go into the water and play, but the daughter already knows her mom too well — if she leaves, Mom might take up with some random dude. Finally, the mom gives in and the two just sit there on the sand, eating fried chicken together. And this short sequence tells us everything we need to know: these two are stuck with each other.

It’s really a brilliant and heart-wrenching intro that sets the tone for the whole relationship between our main characters. We come to learn that the mom, KIM EUN-MI (Jeon Hye-jin), got pregnant in high school by her friend’s brother, who then transferred schools never to be heard from again. The daughter, KIM JIN-HEE (played by Sooyoung with a distractingly pretty bob), was raised by her single mother in an environment where the two felt more like friends and roommates than parent and child.

And the dynamic between these two — now that Jin-hee is 29 and Eun-mi is somewhere in her mid-40s — is brutally and endearingly realistic. They seem to be in a perpetual argument about everything from laundry and housekeeping to movie choices and banchan preferences. But the tensions are never resolved, in part, because there’s also love here — they both know the other isn’t going anywhere and it results in a lot of bad behavior, easily brushed off.

When we meet Jin-hee she’s a lieutenant at police headquarters who’s about to be demoted. It’s not that she’s done anything wrong, but as her boss explains, they need a scapegoat “to satisfy the press” as the police take heat for their overall poor job (and something to do with nepotism and the commissioner’s son). So, Jin-hee is moved from her desk job at headquarters to a street beat at the local police precinct in her neighborhood.

At her new job, she’s partnered with a sunbae, EUN JAE-WON (Park Sung-hoon), who was one of her training officers when she joined the police academy. The two have never gotten along, and Jin-hee goes out of her way to try to avoid working with him. But, as circumstance would have it, she ends up not only in the same office, but right beside him in the police cruiser.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/not-others-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1

Spoiler

Park Sung Hoon And Sooyoung Have A Strained Relationship In “Not Others”

Park Sung Hoon And Sooyoung Have A Strained Relationship In “Not Others”

Not Others” has unveiled new stills of Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung and Park Sung Hoon!

Based on a popular webtoon, “Not Others” is a comedy drama that tells the delightful cohabitation story of a clumsy mother and her coolheaded daughter. Jeon Hye Jin stars as Eun Mi, a bubbly physical therapist and single mother with a 29-year-old daughter, Sooyoung plays Eun Mi’s daughter Kim Jin Hee, a police station patrol team leader who urgently needs to crack down on her mother rather than on her cases, and Park Sung Hoon plays police director Eun Jae Won, Jin Hee’s senior from the police academy.

Spoilers

The first set of stills captures Kim Jin Hee staring at Eun Jae Won with a mixture of frustration and anger, while Eun Jae Won, who seems to be in an irritated mood, is also staring back at Kim Jin Hee. Although Eun Jae Won and Kim Jin Hee have never gotten along, they’ve never been so open about their animosity toward each other.

Viewers are curious about why they are suddenly showing that they dislike each other so openly.

sooyoung.jpeg

park-sung-hoon.jpeg

The tension is also evident in the last still, which captures Kim Jin Hee and Eun Jae Won from a distance. They are both glaring at each other with their heads tilted, making viewers wonder what might have happened between them to put them into such deep conflict.

Park-Sung-Hoon-Sooyoung-1.jpeg

The production team of “Not Others” shared, “While solving a new case, Kim Jin Hee and Eun Jae Won’s relationship gets stained again. A confrontation between them will be depicted, and more interesting developments will unfold. Choi Sooyoung and Park Sung Hoon worked perfectly together to complete the scene. Stay tuned.”

The next episode of “Not Others” will air on July 24 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602641wpp/park-sung-hoon-and-sooyoung-have-a-strained-relationship-in-not-others

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 3 :).

“Not Others” Achieves No. 1 Ratings With New Personal Best

“Not Others” Achieves No. 1 Ratings With New Personal Best

ENA’s “Not Others” has taken over first place in the ratings battle against “Heartbeat”!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 3 of “Not Others” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.5 percent. The drama enjoyed a boost from its previous episode’s rating of 1.6 percent, also achieving its new personal best.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602730wpp/not-others-achieves-no-1-ratings-with-new-personal-best

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 4 :).

“Not Others” Continues To Set New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings

“Not Others” Continues To Set New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings

ENA’s “Not Others” is continuing to reach new heights!

According to Nielsen Korea, the July 25 broadcast of ENA’s “Not Others” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.7 percent, seeing a slight boost from the previous episode’s rating of 2.5 percent and also recording a new personal best in ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602975wpp/not-others-continues-to-set-new-personal-best-in-viewership-ratings

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, July 24, 2023
4 0

RB0J3x_2f.jpg

The Genie TV original drama Not Others (written by Min Sun Ae and directed by Lee Min Woo) is receiving a hot response after its first broadcast. The unique character play of the main characters, Kim Eun Mi (Jeon Hye Jin) and Kim Jin Hee (Choi Soo Young), captivating viewers, becoming a distinct element of fun in the drama.

In particular, Kim Eun Mi left a strong impression with her fierce gaze like a beast, rushing in without hesitation when encountering injustice. It was inevitable to hide that she inherited Kim Jin Hee's extraordinary DNA, the daughter of a police officer. Kim Eun Mi brought satisfaction to the viewers by delivering a devastating blow to those who committed crimes with a refreshing smile.

Amidst this, the Not Others production team is releasing still cuts of Kim Eun Mi's thrilling fight scene ahead of the third episode, drawing attention. This time, she confronts a mysterious man at her workplace.

In the released photo, Kim Eun Mi is seen holding her head high, glaring at her opponent with a sharp gaze. Behind her, the image of plastic surgery patients watching the situation in surprise is captured. The man in the picture also stands firm with a tense expression, seemingly ready to retaliate against Kim Eun Mi at any moment, creating a sense of tension.

In the last photo, the man appears to be about to attack Kim Eun Mi with a knife in his hand. Despite the man's violent attitude, Kim Eun Mi is seen fearlessly expressing herself, promising an intense battle. The curiosity grows about the identity of the man opposing Kim Eun Mi and how the two became entangled.

The third episode of Not Others will be released at 10 PM KST. on Genie TV, Genie TV mobile, and ENA.

https://mydramalist.com/article/not-others-choi-soo-young-s-mother-jeon-hye-jin-fights-tension-at-her-workplace

Not Others: Episodes 3-4

by Dramaddictally

Not Others finds its footing in the second week, lowering the shock-value humor and keeping the crime cases closer to home. With a focus on family in all its forms, we get introduced to some new characters and plunge into deeper (darker) themes. I choked back a few tears this week but also laughed out loud — so I’d say the show has me right where it wants me.

EPISODES 3-4

I wanted to like this drama and now I do. The premiere week felt like it was working a little too hard at the comedy, but now we’ve settled into a less overtly comedic space where the jokes flow from the central storyline. More importantly, it’s not all laughs this week.

We start with another criminal case, and it’s the second one we’ve seen involving child abuse. Jin-hee gets very emotionally invested in these cases and Jae-won reprimands her for not remaining detached. But then, when Jin-hee does her best to forget it and let headquarters handle it, Eun-mi judges her for being a heartless cop. The poor girl can’t win.

Eun-mi is the one who reported the crime in this case after an elderly woman, covered in bruises, visits the clinic where Eun-mi is a physical therapist. The woman’s adult son has been abusing both his young child and his elderly mother. But Eun-mi isn’t just upset about being witness to abuse — we come to learn that she herself suffered physical abuse as she was growing up, and this case is needling her trauma.

We get a little more backstory on Eun-mi when we see her as a pregnant teenager, getting the living hell beat out of her by her alcoholic father. Her mother is absent (maybe deceased?) and she has nowhere else to turn. In the end, one of her high school friends saves her life by inviting Eun-mi to live with her and her mom. They become like her family and help her take care of baby Jin-hee.

In the present, we’re introduced to the high school friend, KIM MI-JUNG (Kim Hye-eun), who’s still like family to Eun-mi and Jin-hee. She’s known them long enough to be comfortable with how they fight and argue all the time, and she just joins right in when they do.

We’re also introduced to Jin-hee’s best bud from childhood, KIM JIN-SOO (Im Sung-kyun) — her unrequited first love, who now looks like an idol and only comes around when he’s having girl troubles. Like Mi-jung, Jin-soo just ignores the mother-daughter arguing and makes himself at home in their apartment.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/not-others-episodes-3-4/

20230731072616_ahn-jae-wook-jeon-hye-jinAhn Jae Wook, Jeon Hye Jin, And Sooyoung Have An Unpleasant Encounter In “Not Others”

Jul 31, 2023
by S. Kim

ENA’s “Not Others” has teased Ahn Jae Wook, Jeon Hye Jin, and Sooyoung’s unexpected three-way meeting!

Based on a popular webtoon, “Not Others” is a comedy drama that tells the delightful cohabitation story of a clumsy mother and her coolheaded daughter. Jeon Hye Jin stars as Eun Mi, a bubbly physical therapist and single mother with a 29-year-old daughter. Sooyoung plays Eun Mi’s daughter Jin Hee, a police station patrol team leader who urgently needs to crack down on her mother rather than on her cases. On top of this, Ahn Jae Wook portrays Jin Hong, a mysterious otolaryngologist who pursues a principled life and suddenly appears in front of Eun Mi one day.

In the newly released stills, Park Jin Hong grabs Kim Eun Mi’s arms, begging for something. Despite Jin Hong’s desperate eyes, Eun Mi seems to be taken aback and tries to escape from him.

ahn-jw-jeon-hj.jpg

In the image that follows, Kim Jin Hee appears and catches Jin Hong red-handed.

ahn-jw-sy.jpg

The production team remarked, “In episode 5, which will air today (July 31), Kim Eun Mi, Kim Jin Hee, and Park Jin Hong meet together in one place. In the process, an unexpected truth will be revealed, leading to a more interesting [story] development. Please look forward to what kind of truth and emotions will come and go here.”

The next episode of “Not Others” airs on July 31 at 10 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604106wpp/ahn-jae-wook-jeon-hye-jin-and-sooyoung-have-an-unpleasant-encounter-in-not-others

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, July 31, 2023

QJ0QzA_2f.jpg

The Genie TV original drama Not Others is on a roll, setting a new highest rating with each episode. Not Others has captivated the audience in just four episodes with its delightful humor, mysterious incidents, and relatable real-life stories.

The ending of the 4th episode of Not Others raised viewers' curiosity as Kim Jin Hee (Choi Soo Young), returning home late at night, revealed that the person watching her house was Park Jin Hong (Ahn Jae Wook). The intense chase between Kim Jin Hee and Park Jin Hong triggers interest in the direction of their meeting.

Z87XZO_2f.jpg

Amidst this, ahead of the 5th episode broadcast, the Not Others production team released a scene of the confused three-way confrontation between Kim Eun Mi (Jeon Hye Jin), Kim Jin Hee, and Park Jin Hong, capturing attention. From their expressions filled with contrasting emotions of sorrow and surprise, it can be inferred that an unexpected situation has arisen.

1w47D6_2f.jpg

Park Jin Hong clings to a distressed Kim Eun Mi in the released photo. Despite Park Jin Hong's desperate gaze, Kim Eun Mi seems flustered and tries to escape his grip. Kim Jin Hee appears to restrain Park Jin Hong in the following photo. However, unlike her cold attitude towards Park Jin Hong so far and the act of swinging a police baton, Kim Jin Hee's expression is full of surprise and puzzlement, arousing curiosity.

What kind of ripple effect will the meeting of these three people cause? The Not Others production team said, "In episode 5, Kim Eun Mi, Kim Jin Hee, and Park Jin Hong meet in one place. An unexpected truth will be revealed in this process, leading to an even more intriguing development. Please be curious and anticipate what facts and emotions will be exchanged here."

Meanwhile, the 5th episode of Not Others will be released on Genie TV, Genie TV mobile, ENA channel, and Tving at 10 PM KST.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 5 :).

“Not Others” Sets Another New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings As “My Lovely Liar” Joins Race

“Not Others” Sets Another New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings As “My Lovely Liar” Joins Race

ENA’s “Not Others” achieved a new personal best in ratings, scoring an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.9 percent for episode 5.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604333wpp/not-others-sets-another-new-personal-best-in-viewership-ratings-as-my-lovely-liar-joins-race

The ENA drama Not Others continues to rise in domestic viewership. The series reached a new height by achieving a nationwide rating of 2.88%, a decent improvement since its previous episode's viewership of 2.74%. Not Others is almost halfway through the series. 

RB051P_2f.png

Episode 6 of Not Others will air on August 1st (Tuesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-so-hyun-and-hwang-min-hyun-s-my-lovely-liar-premieres-with-decent-ratings

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 6 :)

.“Not Others” Continues Perfect Streak Of Setting New Personal Best In Ratings + “My Lovely Liar” Follows Close Behind

“Not Others” Continues Perfect Streak Of Setting New Personal Best In Ratings + “My Lovely Liar” Follows Close Behind

“Not Other” is continuing its three-week streak of reaching new all-time high ratings since the premiere episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 6 of ENA’s “Not Others” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.6 percent. This is a 0.7 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 2.9 percent, renewing its personal best every broadcast since the premiere episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604655wpp/not-others-continues-perfect-streak-of-setting-new-personal-best-in-ratings-my-lovely-liar-follows-close-behind

The ENA drama Not Others again broke its personal record by rising to a nationwide viewership of 3.62% (episode 6) from 2.88% (episode 5). The average rating of the drama for its third week of airing is 3.32%. Not Others will now enter its second half. 

RB0drr_2f.png

Episode 7 of Not Others will air on August 7th (Monday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-lovely-liar-other-k-dramas-rise-in-ratings