[Drama 2023] A Secret Woman / Woman in the Veil - 비밀의 여자 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

Woo hoo!  Looks like we're finally here.  In Episode 82, SR-in-GU's body learns the truth, has the evidence HY- pretending-to-be-JAR killed her sister.   Now she knows GU-in-SR's body has been telling the truth all along.  The serpent analogy fits not just because of the characters but because these characters are shedding and growing new skins all over the drama.  Which, by the way, is misnamed, it properly should be Women in Veils.  That said, I've hung around and given up 41 hours of my life, to be here... watching insanely jealous and vindictive SR's-soul-in-GU's-body go after insanely criminal and murderous HY-pretending-to-be-JAR.  And this had to be because GU in her own body, or SR's, is just too much of a wimp to take down HY-pretending-to-be-JAR.  And we now know why Karma had to switch the souls, not just to prevent SR from committing murder, or murder the wrong person, but only SR could have gotten into her house to find the flash drive in the couch.  So, who "unveils" the woman masquerading as JAR?  The ticked off ex-friend, the ticked off uncle, the bar owner, the compatriots in stealing YG Group or Secretary Kim?  Seeing SR-in-GU's body exit the police station with the lawyer makes my heart jump for joy but I know we're still 20-25 episodes away from any arrest so, be still my heart.  This drama piqued my interest, so I've started Man in a Veil.  Several actors are in both dramas.  Contrary to other opinions on this site,  I enjoy hating the characters the actress-masquerading-as-JAR plays.  She plays the femme fatale really well.  I've seen her in three dramas where she plays that role.  Everyone wants to be the protagonist, not everyone can pull off being the antagonist.  I give her credit.   I don't even want to think about what I would do if I ran in to JAR in a grocery store or Cafe.  That tells me she does her craft well.   Tomorrow can't come soon enough...  Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I like the actress from love twist. Btw, I hate it when children are mistreated in drama :angry:

Do you find Aera's character interesting? I don't like villains but still the actress is fit for these roles lol.

But really it's too unrealistic the idea of soul exchange in a daily. -_-

• Blob 1

I don't like the idea that evil AR has a reason for doing the evil things she has been doing. MIAV was more fun. She was plain evil, she would not even save her own son.

Chairman Jung has been looking for AR, why? I missed that part. For penance?

YJ has been led by the nose all this while. Is he ever going to wise up?:surprisedwut:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

In an earlier post on this site, there was speculation that TY was Honorary Chairman's son.  And that made sense to me.  The revered watch, I thought, was from a lost love.  But in today's episode, Chairman and TY's mother were together at the hospital and they appeared to be strangers.  So not long lost lovers.  If I remember the story correctly, the uncle claims HC attempted to save his son which resulted in the death of HY-masquerading-as-JAR's mother and that's behind her homicidal obsession for revenge.  So does that mean TY is HC's grandson from a deceased older son or that, like she did with HaNeul, TY's mother adopted him as well?  Perhaps the toxins HYMAJAR has been slipping into HC's tea will cause some organ damage and TY gets found out to be a relative when tested for an organ donation.   Did he get tested to see if he could donate to HN?  Then his results are already on file at the hospital.  Ah, well.  I guess we'll know over the next few weeks.  Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

serin and lawyer brother seriously crack me up.  :Megalol:

their fights have such a school yard element to it and is really amusing how serin snarls while he gnarls back in return.  she was so cheesed when she said, "why are you fighting with me when you know you can't win" and lawyer brother is there rolling his eyes and looking at the sky. :lol:

had to laugh that out of all the desperate messages that everyone sent, the only one she gives a hmmmph is when she reads the message from lawyer brother who does not plead and instead just asks her to give up. :lol:

agree with you @Chickpea, GW & co are too stupid to come up with a  real revenge plan. so it is up to serin to really save the day. now that she is going to be working with GW and team, expect she will get in lots of trouble and poor lawyer brother has to be one trying to make her stick to some logical plan... which she will just ignore. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

It's Christmas in July!  Two/two of HY-masquerading-as-JAR's lies revealed in one episode.  Buckle up!  You know OSR & JGU are going to get seriously hurt at the hands of HYMAJAR since their souls need to go back to their original corporeal form.  Now that the jig is up & OSR has the flash drive, they can each go back to their original form and jointly carry out their revenge.  It seems, however, the story is veering off track.  Instead of pursuing her revenge against the Nams, HYMAJAR will now be obsessed with retrieving the flash drive and ridding the world of OSR.  Woo hoo!  You know, the more I get to know OSR, the better I like her.  She's a basket case of volatile emotions but she has courage and principles.

• LOL 2
  • Blob 2

13 hours ago, Chickpea said:

It's Christmas in July!  Two/two of HY-masquerading-as-JAR's lies revealed in one episode.  Buckle up!  You know OSR & JGU are going to get seriously hurt at the hands of HYMAJAR since their souls need to go back to their original corporeal form.  Now that the jig is up & OSR has the flash drive, they can each go back to their original form and jointly carry out their revenge.  It seems, however, the story is veering off track.  Instead of pursuing her revenge against the Nams, HYMAJAR will now be obsessed with retrieving the flash drive and ridding the world of OSR.  Woo hoo!  You know, the more I get to know OSR, the better I like her.  She's a basket case of volatile emotions but she has courage and principles.

agree with you but it is squarely because of the current actress playing serin. the original serin actress played serin as a murderous psychopath. the current actress playing serin is having lots of fun not being a doormat and she plays serin with  an odd kind of enduring petulance. now can understand why her family don't necessarily see her as a threat and are instead giving her braised ribs when she comes home. :lol:

I had to laugh at the various reactions when serin decides she wants to get revenge against aera:

GW: patience, understanding. maybe GW is attached to serin because they have switched bodies or maybe she gets the need for revenge

taeyang: worry. when does the guy not worry? hahahahha

lawyer brother does an eyeroll and look up to the heavens. :joy:

seriously, the interactions between lawyer brother and serin continue to keep me amused and tune in. everyone else is a bit of a borefest in this drama including aera. want to see how these two interact when serin and GW switch bodies. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@Lmangla  Greetings,  chingu!  Is it just me or does anyone else think stoic, reasonable,  calm lawyer brother is just the kind of man OSR needs?  I get the writer seems to want to put him together with dimwit sister clone of her mother but that would be, in my opinion,  a waste of man-kind.  Not to mention keeping the Nams and Jungs in a family relationship.  Like I said above, OSR is a brat, she's headstrong and she is in serious need of something to control her emotions and a good spanking.  But she's basically a good person.   She's has good values, principals, she's independent, she's courageous.  Kind of like all the qualities you want in an attorney...  And marrying into the Jungs will give OSR a family, she'll no longer be an orphan.  The synopsis says she's an heiress who "owns everything".  I don't see it but, okay, maybe the tantrums are how we're supposed to see her as a brat.  She's the character who will come the  farthest in this drama. JGU and TY make a good couple because they're also so alike.  Boring,  as you said.  The kind of people who will go to work, pay taxes, raise HN and not make waves.  OSR and lawyer brother are the kind of people who make waves, ride those waves, change lives and society.  By right HYMAJAR belongs in the Nam family.  They made her what she is, they should fix it.  I think that's what Honorary Chairman is trying to do.  But she's so warped.  You mentioned the original actress played OSR as a murderous psychopath.  There's also the order she gave for NYJ to be killed so he couldn't donate his liver.  I don't know... like I said, OSR is a basket case of volatile emotions. I don't think she'd actually kill anyone, I think she just "wishes them dead" as we say.  When the curly headed fellow mentioned she ordered him to kill NYJ, she rolled her eyes.  That's not what, say, HYMAJAR would do.  That's what someone does to say, "seriously? you took me seriously?".  Trying to strangle JGU, well, she did think the Jungs killed her sister, JGU was responsible for TY maybe being at death's door and we needed a catalyst for the soul switch.  My point is, OSR has never actually killed anyone, just threatened to do so.  How many people has HYMAJAR actually killed?  Two? Three?  With two more attempted murders?  To paraphrase my very wise momma... sticks and stones may break my bones but threats will never harm me...  Can't wait...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

else is a bit of a borefest in this drama including aera. want to see how these two interact when serin and GW switch bodies. 

You may have to wait for many more episodes. I think the reverse will occur quite late.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2