[Drama 2023] Numbers, 넘버스

larus

@partyon  :blush:

Lucky you about those dry sounding business terms. I had to spend some time looking through google to understand them.  haha   Otherwise the drama turned out to be very enjoyable.
I’m glad there is good chemistry between Choi Jin-hyeok (Seung-jo) &  Kim Myung-soo(Ho-woo).  It appears Ho-woo will have a sweet love line with Yeon-A in contrast to a bitterly sad one with Seung-jo & Ji-soo.
I don’t feel that urgent about having Ho-woo’s possible birth history as the drama already has lots of other twists but since it’s in kdrama land, his tragic past must be in it, I guess. haha
Hope the writer will stay on a tight course.

#Numbers Romance Poster Revealed

The thrilling eye contact of two people who have become close before they knew it

#Numbers 3-4 behind the scenes

Ho-woo became Seung-jo

Ho-woo  memorized even the lines of Seung-jo

#Numbers 4 making

sharp confrontation between Ho-woo X Seung-jo who started cooperating  vs Hyeong-woo

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Kim Myung Soo And Yeonwoo Exchange Romantic Gazes At The Office In “Numbers” Poster

Jul 4, 2023
by S. Kim

MBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “Numbers” has dropped a new poster full of romance!

“Numbers” is a suspenseful revenge drama set against the backdrop of a major accounting firm. In what marks his first acting project since his return from the military, INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo (L) stars as Jang Ho Woo, the first accountant without a college degree to join the prestigious Taeil Accounting Firm. Choi Jin Hyuk plays Han Seung Jo, a talented accountant from a wealthy family. Former MOMOLAND member Yeonwoo plays Jin Yeon Ah, a cheerful senior associate at the firm who knows a lot about numbers but has no idea just how scary a place the world can be.

Spoilers

Jang Ho Woo and Jin Yeon Ah met as the firm’s unprecedented high school graduate accountant and a senior associate in charge of training new accountants. Jin Yeon Ah treated Jang Ho Woo without any prejudice, and Jang Ho Woo could ask Jin Yeon Ah about things he was curious about, which played a vital role in helping him mature and gain recognition as an accountant. Over time, the two started to grow on each other and become closer.

Amidst this situation, the newly released poster further stimulates viewers’ anticipation for Jang Ho Woo and Jin Yeon Ah’s office romance. In the poster, Jang Ho Woo and Jin Yeon Ah sit closely side by side at the same desk. Jang Ho Woo’s and Jin Yeon Ah’s heart-fluttering gazes at each other along with the text that reads, “You should stop staring at me when you’re working,” add to viewers’ expectation for the development of their relationship.

numbers-romantic-poster.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1598276wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-yeonwoo-exchange-romantic-gazes-at-the-office-in-numbers-poster

• Like 4

5 hours ago, booha said:

I’m glad there is good chemistry between Choi Jin-hyeok (Seung-jo) &  Kim Myung-soo(Ho-woo).  It appears Ho-woo will have a sweet love line with Yeon-A in contrast to a bitterly sad one with Seung-jo & Ji-soo.

@booha chingu:fullofhearts:

Honestly, this is the part that feels unnecessary to me. Most people's comments seem to be about how romance is superfluous and unnecessary for the drama - especially since it's only 12 episodes long. I can get onboard with Seung Jo's and Ji Soo's love story as it was mentioned before the drama started airing that Seung Jo had an ex-wife. Even though it seems that they never got married? (Seung Jo was wearing a wedding ring in one of the flash back scenes, though? So am confused). Poor CJH oppa - he always has the most tragic love stories in his dramas :D

5 hours ago, booha said:

I don’t feel that urgent about having Ho-woo’s possible birth history as the drama already has lots of other twists but since it’s in kdrama land, his tragic past must be in it, I guess. haha

I think it's inevitable that we circle back to Ho Woo's past at some point. It was made very clear that he can't remember his past and that no one was looking for him (which makes me think his birth parents might be dead). It will have something to do with Taeil - that's for sure.

I think the writer has done a great job of keeping the writing tight and has avoided a good deal of those kdrama tropes and unnecessary fillers. Let's keep it up, writer-nim! :glasses:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

First 4 episodes were really good. 
not a fan of Romance  but totally like SJ and JS. So hopefully when this end they can finally get their happy ending. 

HW. Who were his parents? That is going to be part of this drama. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

A newcomer who gives 95 points to his boss
And the boss who receives it as a matter of course

Raise your hand to those who support Howoo X Seungjo's collaboration!
When I said that, the earth became the shape of a sea urchin.

'Numbers' Kim Myung-soo, Choi Jin-hyeok, Choi Min-soo, hot competition to suit fit

• Blob 2

#Numbers These three are accountants at the same accounting firm... ?

I want to join the company (seriously)

Yeonwoo knows what @mbcdrama_pre wants.

She said she’ll not interrupt with their bromance
Spoiler

#Numbers vice president Han Je-gyun's choncheol murder.

A born strategist with no trace of humanity

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo Seeks Out Yeonwoo Alone At Work In “Numbers”

Jul 7, 2023
by E. Cha

20230707015753_Kim-Myung-Soo-Yeonwoo.jpg

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo and Yeonwoo are getting closer on MBC’s “Numbers”!

“Numbers” is a suspenseful new revenge drama set against the backdrop of a major accounting firm. In what marks his first acting project since his return from the military, Kim Myung Soo stars as Jang Ho Woo, the first accountant without a college degree to join the prestigious Taeil Accounting Firm. Yeonwoo plays Jin Yeon Ah, a cheerful senior associate at the firm who knows a lot about numbers, but has no idea just how scary a place the world can be.

Spoilers

Previously on “Numbers,” Jang Ho Woo and Jin Yeon Ah grew closer as they relied on one another for help. In particular, Jang Ho Woo found a safe place in Jin Yeon Ah, who was the only accountant not to look down on him for not having a college degree, and so he sought her out whenever he had a question about work.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, the two co-workers spend even more time together, making viewers hope that their budding friendship will finally blossom into romance.

One photo shows Jang Ho Woo looking flustered as he stands close to Jin Yeon Ah, with his wide eyes suggesting that his heart may have just skipped a beat.

Kim-Myung-Soo.jpeg

In another set of photos, Jang Ho Woo seeks out Jin Yeon Ah when she is alone in the pantry at work.

Jin Yeon Ah seems pleasantly surprised to see him, but the determination in Jang Ho Woo’s eyes and posture as he leans on the counter suggests that their encounter is no coincidence.

Kim-Myung-Soo-Yeonwoo.jpeg

Spoiler

Yeonwoo.jpeg

Kim-Myung-Soo-2.jpeg

To find out why Jang Ho Woo goes looking for Jin Yeon Ah, tune in to the next episode of “Numbers” on July 7 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1598938wpp/infinites-kim-myung-soo-seeks-out-yeonwoo-alone-at-work-in-numbers

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

(EP6 written preview)

Going concern value and liquidation value

Ho-woo (Kim Myung-soo), who found out that someone had influenced the decision to liquidate Haebit Construction, begins a secret pursuit.

Meanwhile, Yeon-ah (Yeon-woo), who noticed that there is an unspeakable story behind Ho-woo joining Taeil Accounting Firm, sets out to solve the franchise sale problem with Ho-woo, while making a special proposal to Ho-woo...

"I found out this. A mix of favors and solicitations!"

신지훈(Shin Ji Hoon) - 낯선아이 (넘버스: 빌딩숲의 감시자들 OST) NUMBERS OST Part 3

‘Numbers’ Kim Myung-soo X Choi Jin-hyeok combi-play worked!

Kim Yoo-ri (Ji-Soo), why did she appear after 5 years?

MbrfzeH.jpg

https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/387340

• Blob 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 5 :).

“Revenant” And “Numbers” Both See Rise In Ratings

“Revenant” And “Numbers” Both See Rise In Ratings

Both SBS’s “Revenant” and MBC’s “Numbers” enjoyed increases in their viewership ratings last night!

“Numbers,” which airs in the same time slot as “Revenant,” also saw a rise in ratings for its own fifth episode, which earned a nationwide average of 3.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599135wpp/revenant-and-numbers-both-see-rise-in-ratings

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, July 8, 2023

After hitting its lowest rating of 3.2%, the MBC drama Numbers rose to an average nationwide viewership of 3.8% for its fifth episode. The K-drama consistently maintained 4% ratings for its first three episodes but dropped to 3% viewership since then. Numbers is now almost halfway through the series. Hopefully, the upcoming episodes will bring the drama increasing popularity. 

E5vzpQ_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Numbers?

Episode 6 of Numbers will air on July 8 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/k-dramas-revenant-and-numbers-rise-in-domestic-ratings

• Like 2

@booha @joccu chingus, am watching ep 5 now. Exactly how many potential love lines has the writer thrown into the plot? :joy:

Am getting confused

:crazily:

Anyone else think that Ji Soo has a son? She was referring to "someone waiting for her" and her boss said that "don't forgot that your man is here waiting for you".

Am thinking Sung Jo has a son out there.

Also, good to see that Ho Woo is starting to have flashbacks from his childhood. I guess puzzling together his background is important for the story.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2023 at 4:53 AM, partyon said:

Anyone else think that Ji Soo has a son? She was referring to "someone waiting for her" and her boss said that "don't forgot that your man is here waiting for you".

Also, good to see that Ho Woo is starting to have flashbacks from his childhood. I guess puzzling together his background is important for the story.

wow Sung Jo's secret baby??   haha  I'm all for it.     And possible Sung Jo & Ho Woo as  siblings??  Then who could be Sung Jo dad's secret woman? An Seung-Yeon?   maaaa  These seem to be good ingredients  as MBC likes to throw in everything for ratings?

qmu3I4u.gif

[EP7 written preview]

reasonable doubt
Ho-woo (Kim Myung-soo) and Seung-jo (Choi Jin-hyeok) find out that someone is gathering influential people in a special way standing on the border between legal and expedient.

Meanwhile  obtain necessary information by using the conflict between the two brothers,Lee Chan-joo (Jeong Hae-kyun) and Lee Seong-ju (Jeong Woong-in), get a decisive hint to solve the problem with Ho-woo's tactfulness/resourcefulness.

'Yesterday's enemies can be today's allies'

'Numbers' Kim Myung Soo  X Choi Jin Hyuk  X Yeon Woo,

'one team performance' that kept the accountant's beliefs

Z5YTCXc.jpg

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2023070908131087063

#Numbers 5-6 behind the scenes

Numbers greeting? high high. Shooting scene full of laughter

Spoiler

#Numbers 6 making

Howoo X Seungjo X Yeon-A Taeil's 3-member form is crazy!

Spoiler

• Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 6 :).

“King The Land” And “Durian’s Affair” Achieve Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

“King The Land” And “Durian’s Affair” Achieve Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

MBC’s “Numbers,” which airs in the same time slot as “Revenant,” also dipped to an average nationwide rating of 3.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599194wpp/king-the-land-and-durians-affair-achieve-their-highest-saturday-ratings-yet

• Like 1

19 hours ago, partyon said:

@booha @joccu chingus, am watching ep 5 now. Exactly how many potential love lines has the writer thrown into the plot? 

Am getting confused

Yeah I was thinking she could have a son to @partyon.

• Awesome 1