[Drama 2023] Numbers, 넘버스

larus

@partyon :waves:

Hello sorry for the late response    
CJH and KJJ enlisted on the same day but they had basic training in different locations.  After six weeks of training, news of CJH’s knee injury came out.  KJJ mentioned sending a letter to CJH. Probably he did it after hearing about CJH’s unfortunate incident.  I’m happy to know that their friendship still goes on.

• Awesome 1

Watch: Kim Myung Soo Vows Revenge After Joining The Same Accounting Firm As Choi Jin Hyuk In Teaser For New Drama “Numbers”'

Watch: Kim Myung Soo Vows Revenge After Joining The Same Accounting Firm As Choi Jin Hyuk In Teaser For New Drama “Numbers”

MBC’s upcoming drama “Numbers” has dropped its first teaser!

“Numbers” follows the story of Jang Ho Woo (Kim Myung Soo), the first and only high school graduate accountant to join Taeil Accounting Firm, which is among the Big 4 accounting firms in Korea, as he faces absurdities at the accounting firm and fights for justice. In addition to INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo, the drama additionally stars Choi Jin Hyuk, Choi Min SooYeonwoo, INFINITE’s SungyeolKim Young Jae, Jung Hae Kyun, and more.

The newly released teaser begins with Jang Ho Woo crying out in sadness and anger after witnessing someone’s death, and the desperation is clearly evident on Jang Ho Woo’s face. In the background, he narrates, “One of the reasons I joined Taeil Accounting Firm was exactly because of that.”

Following the tragic incident, the teaser highlights Jang Ho Woo’s drastic transformation. Depicted in a clean-cut suit, Jang Ho Woo has been accepted as Taeil Accounting Firm’s first and only accountant that is not a college graduate. Jang Ho Woo warns, “I won’t let you live peacefully like now as if nothing has happened,” making viewers wonder the real reason Jang Ho Woo entered Taeil Accounting Firm.

Furthermore, as Jang Ho Woo remarks, “That guy is definitely here somewhere,” the teaser pans to Han Seung Jo (Choi Jin Hyuk), who exudes cold charisma with his presence and sharp gaze. Already, viewers are curious about their relationship and how the two are intertwined.

“Numbers” will premiere in June and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1586460wpp/watch-kim-myung-soo-vows-revenge-after-joining-the-same-accounting-firm-as-choi-jin-hyuk-in-teaser-for-new-drama-numbers

• Like 2

May 11 2023

Teaser trailer for MBC drama “Numbers”

Numbers-teaser1SM1.jpeg

First teaser trailer for MBC drama series “Numbers” starring Kim Myung-Soo and Choi Jin-Hyuk. The drama series features the two lead actors as employees at an accounting firm. Kim Myung-Soo as  Jang Ho-Woo provides narration in the teaser trailer with “That’s one of the reasons I joined Taeil Accounting Firm. I’m not going to let the man live in peace like nothing happened. He must be here somewhere.”

“Numbers” is now scheduled to first air June, 2023 in South Korea (takes over MBC’s Friday and Saturday 10 PM time slot after “Joseon Attorney: A Morality“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Jang Ho-Woo (Kim Myung-Soo) works as an accountant at Taeil Accounting Firm. That company is one of the 4 big accounting firms in South Korea. Jang Ho-Woo happens to be the only employee at Taeil Accounting Firm with just a high school diploma, but he is very intelligent. He faces absurdities at the accounting firm and fights for justice. Meanwhile, Han Seung-Jo (Choi Jin-Hyuk) also works at Taeil Accounting Firm. He has a perfect background and his father works as a vice president at Taeil Accounting Firm.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-mbc-drama-numbers

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, May 11, 2023
2 1

As the show gears up for its premiere in June, MBC dropped the first teaser for Numbers: Watchdogs in the Building Forest, featuring Kim Myung Soo, a.k.a L, as Jang Ho Woo - a high school graduate accountant working at Taeil Accounting Firm.  

The teaser begins with a heart-wrenching scene of Jang Ho Woo crying in grief and anger, mourning someone's death. Then the setting and the character transform, and the scene shows him dressed up in a suit to join the prestigious Taeil Accounting Firm as the first high school graduate accountant. 

Jang Ho Woo hints at his intentions behind joining the firm, saying, "I won't just sit back and live peacefully as if nothing happened. I will do something about it", piquing curiosity about what's the real reason behind his actions and how is Taeil Accounting Firm connected to it. 

The teaser also introduces Choi Jin Hyuk's character as Han Seung Jo, a charismatic accountant at the Taeil Accounting Firm, whose enigmatic presence links him to Jang Ho Woo's story.

As the teaser comes to an end Jang Ho Woo says, "He is definitely here somewhere".  

The first teaser of Numbers: Watchdogs in the Building Forest promises a captivating and unique office drama that defies convention with its thrilling plot and exceptional cast.

Apart from Kim Myung Soo, and Choi Jin Hyuk, the K-drama also casts Choi Min Soo and Yeonwoo in the leading roles; and Kim Yoo RiLee Sung YeolBae Hae SeonKim Young JaeDo Yeon JinKim Sun BinHan Kyu WonChoi Jung Woo, and Park Jung Eon among others, in the supporting roles. 

Numbers: Watchdogs in the Building Forest is directed by Kim Chil Bong, and the drama's screenplay is written by Jung An and Oh Hye Seok.  

The premiere date of the K-drama hasn't been announced yet. Stay tuned for more updates!

Watch the first teaser here

• Like 2

L calculates his revenge in Numbers

by solstices

Well, it looks like I may have to eat my words. MBC’s upcoming drama Numbers: Watchdogs in a Concrete Jungle isn’t just about math after all — murder just got added to the mix. Am I thrilled about this latest development? Not entirely, since I was hoping for something along the lines of Misaeng. Am I intrigued by the infinite (heh) possibilities this brings to the table, though? Most definitely.

The drama’s first teaser opens with our protagonist Jang Ho-woo, played by L (Secret Royal Investigator). Awakening on the cold, hard ground on a snowy night, he’s faced with his worst nightmare. His loved one — presumably a parent, judging by the gray hair — lies dead next to him, bleeding out from a head wound. Above them, up on a ledge and just out of sight, a man watches.

Is he the murderer? Is he merely a witness? We don’t know just yet, but Ho-woo is determined to track him down. He’s found one lead he can follow, and he’s not about to lose its scent. And so, Ho-woo steels himself, puts on a brave face, and gets himself employed at Taeil Accounting Firm.

That’s how he meets the senior manager Han Seung-jo, played by Choi Jin-hyuk (Zombie Detective). Right off the bat, the two don’t get along. Our first glimpse of their interaction consists of Seung-jo grabbing Ho-woo’s collar and slamming him up against a wall, and judging by Ho-woo’s furious glare, the antagonism is mutual.

We don’t see them in this teaser, but rounding out the cast are Choi Min-soo (Extracurricular) as Taeil’s vice president; Yeonwoo (The Golden Spoon) as Ho-woo’s direct superior; and fellow Infinite member Lee Sung-yeol (Time of Memory) as a deal partner director at Taeil.

As much as I love a good mystery, I’m hoping the accounting firm setting doesn’t get reduced to a mere backdrop. Being the only high school graduate in an office of bachelor’s degree holders, Ho-woo already has an underdog story all laid out for him. In the midst of solving the root cause of that devastating tragedy, I’d like to see Ho-woo overcome the odds and work his way up the corporate ladder.

Directed by Kim Chil-bong (The Second Husband) with scripts written by Jung Ahn and Oh Hye-seok, Numbers: Watchdogs in a Concrete Jungle premieres in June.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/05/l-calculates-his-revenge-in-numbers/

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Numbers, 넘버스- Kim Myung soo& Choi Jin Hyuk- Premieres in June

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo’s Upcoming Drama “Numbers” Unveils Intriguing 1st Poster

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo’s Upcoming Drama “Numbers” Unveils Intriguing 1st Poster

MBC’s upcoming drama “Numbers” has revealed its first poster!

“Numbers,” which will mark INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo’s first acting project following his return from the military, is a new drama set against the backdrop of a major accounting firm. In addition to Kim Myung Soo, the drama’s cast includes Choi Jin Hyuk, Choi Min Soo, former MOMOLAND member Yeonwoo, and more.

Kim Myung Soo will star as Jang Ho Woo, the first accountant without a college degree to join the prestigious Taeil Accounting Firm. The drama will follow Jang Ho Woo’s fight for justice and revenge as he tackles all sorts of obstacles at the elite firm.

The newly released poster for “Numbers” offers an intriguing clue to what lies ahead in the drama’s high-stakes story. Amidst a hefty stack of papers, the words “Decision to Liquidate” can be glimpsed on one of the documents, hinting at a key plot point.

Meanwhile, the tagline dramatically reads, “The story of accountants that live by numbers and die by numbers.”

The producers of “Numbers” commented, “As this is the first image [we’re releasing] to represent the drama ‘Numbers,’ we wanted to present an image that pierces through the heart of its story and its tone. If you watch ‘Numbers,’ you’ll be able to understand why we chose to display the words ‘Decision to Liquidate’ in our first teaser poster.”

Numbers.jpeg

They went on to add, “Please show lots of interest and anticipation for our premiere.”

“Numbers” premieres in June and will be available with subtitles on Viki. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1587789wpp/infinites-kim-myung-soos-upcoming-drama-numbers-unveils-intriguing-1st-poster

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, May 18, 2023
3 1

The second teaser video for MBC's upcoming Friday-Saturday drama, Numbers: Watchdogs in the Building Forest, has been released.

Numbers: Watchdogs in the Building Forest is an office drama that revolves around Jang Ho Woo, an accountant with a high school diploma who stands up against a renowned accounting firm to fight corruption. In a manner that is both typical and atypical of accountants, he strives to uphold justice through his unconventional manner by exploiting the power of numbers. The drama boasts a talented cast, including Kim Myung Soo (INFINITE's L), Choi Jin HyukChoi Min Soo, and Yeonwoo.

The teaser video begins with the tagline, "The story of accountants who live and die by numbers," followed by Han Je Kyun (Choi Min Soo) - the deputy representative of Taeil Accounting Firm - standing in the spotlight confronting a crowd.  He says, "Welcome to becoming a member of Taeil Accounting Firm, the best and the most powerful firm in the country". 

Furthermore, the teaser video ignites interest by introducing the challenges faced by Jang Ho Woo (Kim Myung Soo) in the firm. With feelings of pride and determination, Jang Ho Woo confidently proclaims, "I'm not a weird person, I'm an accountant!" while proudly displaying his employee ID card. Accompanying Ho Woo in Taeil Accounting Firm are a seasoned accountant and Han Je Kyun's (Choi Min Soo) son Han Seung Jo (Choi Jin Hyuk), and his dedicated supervisor Jin Yeon Ah (Yeonwoo). 

Particularly intriguing is the complex relationship between Jang Ho Woo and Han Seung Jo. Despite their seemingly vigilant attitudes towards each other, Ho Woo's inquiry about why Han Seung Jo keeps interfering with his plans and Seung Jo's response, "Because you'll get hurt if you stay there," hints at the budding bromance. In addition, Ho Woo's relationship with his supervisor Yeon Ah kindles curiosity about the intricate dynamics among these diverse and compelling characters.

The short teaser portrays the accountants in the drama employing their numerical expertise, some attempting to conceal corruption, while others to uphold justice. Their strategic and intellectual prowess, coupled with their unwavering determination, draws viewers into the intriguing world of Numbers: Watchdogs in the Building Forest.

The K-drama is slated to premiere in June. The exact release date is yet to be announced. Stay tuned!

https://mydramalist.com/article/infinite-s-l-kim-myung-soo-seeks-justice-in-the-teaser-of-numbers

• Like 2

Watch: Kim Myung Soo Proudly Introduces Himself As An Accountant In Upcoming Drama “Numbers” Teaser

Watch: Kim Myung Soo Proudly Introduces Himself As An Accountant In Upcoming Drama “Numbers” Teaser

MBC’s upcoming drama “Numbers” has teased viewers with the impressive appearance of Kim Myung Soo!

Numbers,” which will mark INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo’s first acting project following his return from the military, is a new drama set against the backdrop of a major accounting firm. In addition to Kim Myung Soo, the drama’s cast includes Choi Jin HyukChoi Min Soo, former MOMOLAND member Yeonwoo, and more.

The teaser kicks off with Han Je Gyun (Choi Min Soo), the vice president of Taeil Accounting Firm, walking up to the podium in the spotlight as the text that reads, “The story about accountants who live and die for numbers,” appears on screen.

On the podium, Han Je Gyun says, “I sincerely welcome you all to join as members of Taeil Accounting Firm, the best and strongest firm in Korea.” Vice president Han Je Gyun’s charisma and new hire accountant Jang Ho Woo’s (Kim Myung Soo’s) stern eyes meet, amping up viewers’ excitement for the story that will unfold in the future.

The teaser continues to preview Jang Ho Woo entering the company as he proudly presents his ID card, saying, “I’m not a weird person. I’m an accountant.” Fellow accountants who keep their eyes on Jang Ho Woo also draw attention. Among them are Han Seung Jo (Choi Jin Hyuk), vice president Han Je Gyun’s son and a veteran accountant at Taeil Accounting Firm, and Jin Yeon Ah (Yeonwoo), Jang Ho Woo’s senior accountant.

When Jang Ho Woo asks Han Seung Jo, “Why do you keep interfering in my plans?” Han Seung Jo replies, “Because you’ll get hurt if you stay there,” stimulating viewers’ curiosity about the relationship between the two.

Check out the full teaser below!

“Numbers” is scheduled to premiere in June. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1588589wpp/watch-kim-myung-soo-proudly-introduces-himself-as-an-accountant-in-upcoming-drama-numbers-teaser

• Like 1

Spoiler

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo Is A Brilliant Accountant With A Hidden Agenda In New Drama “Numbers”

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo Is A Brilliant Accountant With A Hidden Agenda In New Drama “Numbers”

MBC’s upcoming drama “Numbers” has unveiled its first stills of Kim Myung Soo in his starring role!

“Numbers,” which marks the INFINITE member’s first acting project after his return from the military, is a new drama set against the backdrop of a major accounting firm. In addition to Kim Myung Soo, the drama’s cast includes his bandmate SungyeolChoi Jin Hyuk, Choi Min Soo, former MOMOLAND member Yeonwoo, and more.

Kim Myung Soo will star as Jang Ho Woo, the first accountant without a college degree to join the prestigious Taeil Accounting Firm. The drama will follow Jang Ho Woo’s suspenseful fight for justice and revenge as he tackles all sorts of obstacles at the elite firm.

As someone blessed with an impressive memory, keen powers of observation, and outstanding mastery of numbers, Jang Ho Woo’s innate advantages make him the perfect accountant. However, it isn’t the fact that he’s so well-suited to accounting that makes him choose the job—rather, he has ulterior motives for his specific choice of career.

While Jang Ho Woo is so passionate about justice that he once dreamed of becoming a police officer, he winds up joining Taeil Accounting Firm to pursue justice on his own terms—and through his own methods.

Kim-Myung-Soo-2.jpeg

Explaining why he chose the drama for his first role following his military discharge, Kim Myung Soo recalled, “I was intrigued by [Jang Ho Woo’s] journey as the first high school graduate [without a college degree] in the industry to join the top accounting firm in the nation—and how he starts from the very bottom and ultimately turns the tables. In particular, I was impressed by the unexpected secrets and how they came to light one by one over the course of the story. With every episode, I was curious to find out what would happen next in the plot.”

The actor continued, “In the drama, Jang Ho Woo’s ability to solve any problem, no matter what comes his way, is outstanding. What I found most appealing [about the character] was the way that, whenever something happened in the story, Ho Woo would manage to solve the problem.”

Kim-Myung-Soo.jpegKim-Myung-Soo-3.jpeg

“Numbers” premieres in June and will be available with subtitles on Viki. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1588926wpp/infinites-kim-myung-soo-is-a-brilliant-accountant-with-a-hidden-agenda-in-new-drama-numbers

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, May 22, 2023
1 2

MBC's highly-anticipated upcoming Friday-Saturday drama, Numbers: Watchdogs in the Building Forest, has unveiled character stills of Kim Myung Soo (INFINITE's L) in his role as Jang Ho Woo, the first high school graduate accountant to join Taeil Accounting Firm, South Korea's top accounting firm. The drama marks Kim Myung Soo's (L) return to the small screen after completing his military service.

Set to premiere in June, Numbers: Watchdogs in the Building Forest is an office drama that revolves around Jang Ho Woo, an accountant with a high school diploma who stands up against a renowned accounting firm to fight corruption. 

Joining Kim Myung Soo in the drama is the talented cast, which includes Choi Jin HyukChoi Min Soo, and Yeonwoo

Kim Myung Soo's character, Jang Ho Woo, possesses exceptional memory, outstanding observational skills, and a natural affinity for numbers, making him an ideal accountant. His decision to become an accountant holds a special significance, driven by an extraordinary sense of justice that once led him to dream of becoming a police officer. The reasons behind his career choice and his true motivations for joining Taeil Accounting Firm are set to unfold as the key points that drive the plot of the drama. 

In the newly released stills, Jang Ho Woo is seen clad in a neat suit and sporting an innocent gaze, exuding a youthful charm that perfectly befits a newcomer in the prestigious company.

wJjEgY_2f.png

Whether showcasing the tension and nervousness that arise from stepping into the company for the first time or emanating passion and ambition, these glimpses depict Kim Myung Soo's ability to carry out the role of Ho Woo with finesse. 

4e1AqZ_2f.png

Spoiler

rNVlgp_2f.png

Kim Myung Soo (L) expressed his excitement for choosing this project, citing the script as his primary reason. He said, "The story of a high school graduate accountant entering the country's top accounting firm and starting from scratch to overturn the established order was intriguing. Especially, the unfolding of unexpected secrets one by one left a lasting impression, and I was curious about how the story would progress in the next episode". 

He further commented, "In the series, Jang Ho Woo exhibits remarkable problem-solving skills, demonstrating his ability to overcome any challenge. What appealed to me the most was his consistent problem-solving approach, where he tackled each issue with great competence".

The K-drama is slated to premiere in June. The exact release date is yet to be announced. Stay tuned!

https://mydramalist.com/article/infinite-s-l-kim-myung-soo-comes-prepared-to-join-taeil-accounting-firm-in-numbers

• Like 1