[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

12 minutes ago, Newbie21SG said:

But I think it's not that simple and there's a time jump and it should be revealed that the daughter who's supposed to die is now back with another identity? 

Another one of those? I look exactly like her but I am not her when I am actually her. Ok she was killed as a kid and came back an adult. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I'll be honest, I didn't enjoy the first episode very much. It felt sort of rushed and tossed together for me. Throwing in random lines saying who got killed and how doesn't set up the characters as people. It was a lot of telling instead of showing and I was super unimpressed. 

Chairman Ma's acting during the fire/explosion scene was really really bad. I laughed out loud and then felt bad because the main female lead was being so emotional :vicx:

The second I saw the three girls, I knew that the one that listened in would want to pretend she's the daughter. I felt like they didn't even try to add some suspense to that entire plot point. At the very least they should have had the DNA tests done and revealed the switch after it shows the main lead all happy with the kid she thinks is hers.

So, based on this first episode, it's a comedy?  Examples: old lady waving arms at grave while saying, "Fly, Fly, Fly away!"

And female lead telling second husband his wife and daughter died in a freak gun accident (one bullet or two?) in Australia.

13 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

Is this good?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

entire plot point. At the very least they should have had the DNA tests done and revealed the switch after it shows the main lead all happy with the kid she thinks

How old were the kids? The kid who got to become her daughter was already on the road of evil, and the real daughter was so nice, she risked being runover just for a cat - ok I am not a cat lover. 

I still don't get it why loan shark grandma wanted her husband and daughter dead and made her marry Red shoes daddy. So her company will be connected to the chief prosecutor? But the FL is only the CEO and could resign. 
Also being connected to the Chief prosecutor of SK is not going to stop Singapore from hanging a convicted drug pusher. Am I missing something?

• LOL 5

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST
14 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

Chairman Ma's acting during the fire/explosion scene was really really bad. I laughed out loud and then felt bad because the main female lead was being so emotional

what is the relationship between chairman and yoo kyung? why is she meddling so much in yoo kyung's life? 

5 hours ago, maribella said:

I still don't get it why loan shark grandma wanted her husband and daughter dead and made her marry Red shoes daddy. So her company will be connected to the chief prosecutor? But the FL is only the CEO and could resign. 
Also being connected to the Chief prosecutor of SK is not going to stop Singapore from hanging a convicted drug pusher. Am I missing something?

I didn't get it either. I was so confused as well... plus, not sure why her marriage was not registered because prosecutor daddy thinks she had never married. he also didn't know she had a daughter. strange. also, not sure about the evil daughter -- whose daughter is she? the girls saw some woman hooking up with some man at the hotel and the evil daughter seemed to be having a meltdown. 

5 hours ago, maribella said:

How old were the kids? The kid who got to become her daughter was already on the road of evil, and the real daughter was so nice, she risked being runover just for a cat - ok I am not a cat lover. 

kekeke... I was more amazed they got a cat to sit under the car and basically lick an empty can. my cat only listens to me some of the time. sometimes, it pretends I don't exist and just ignores me. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

So, first episode ...

- A necklace gift that later proves child is still alive

- DNA test AND results in the first episode that prove, yes its her

We normally wait 20-30 episodes in to get these, but here we got them both in the very first episode.  I'm liking it

Waiting subs for episode 2 - and away we go

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So, first episode ...

- A necklace gift that later proves child is still alive

- DNA test AND results in the first episode that prove, yes its her

We normally wait 20-30 episodes in to get these, but here we got them both in the very first episode.  I'm liking it

Waiting subs for episode 2 - and away we go

I shan't get my hopes up, the DNA is hijacked by the bad kid and before long, she will steal the necklace.  How could she not recognise her own child? Her lost kid was already running around and now they are 8 or 10 only. 

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

about the evil daughter -- whose daughter is she? the girls saw some woman hooking up with some man at the hotel and the evil daughter seemed to be having a

Maybe she's the director's daughter? The woman in charged of the orphanage? The good girl covered the bad girl's face and mentioned 'director' when the couple walked by.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I think it started well at 6.2% (1.024m viewers). The Secret House started at 4.9% (701k viewers), didn't reach 6% until episode 9, and 1m viewers in episode 66. The Second Husband started at 2.9%, didn't reach 6% until episode 36, and 1m viewers only in episode 39,

So, it's definitely an encouraging start for the show. The question is whether this can be maintained.

I will watch the first 2 subbed episodes today and gave my initial comments later!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Wizard Of Oz Comedy GIFThese dramas are good at making me dislike children 

Crying that she has to live under a dead child's name when she STOLE someone else's mother lmao. Then going to see them and acting like she's better than them, and then screaming about how she is stealing her mother... whhhaattt? That kid has some serious problems. 

The other kids of the orphanage are so cute! Their plan to make money for the hospital fees was adorable. Too bad that cranky ahjumma showed up. 

I hope they make the relationships in this drama clearer, because the first episode was a mess. 

6 hours ago, maribella said:

I shan't get my hopes up, the DNA is hijacked by the bad kid and before long, she will steal the necklace.  How could she not recognise her own child? Her lost kid was already running around and now they are 8 or 10 only. 

Yeah I know, I was just struck by it because I remember a post from a few dailies back, where someone remarked something along the lines of ... hey we're past the half way point, shouldn't we have seen a Truck of Doom or a DNA test by now? ... 

:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

The second episode ended up with the real daughter being such an angel to rush back into the burning room to try and save the horrid kid. 

The Chairman is like the two evil women in Gold Mask and A Secret House, she manipulates people and their lives. That means Mi Soo the real daughter would be in her second fire. Does Chairman Cha know that Hye Soo is the real daughter? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Does Chairman Cha know that Hye Soo is the real daughter? 

Yes, she knows, DNA test show that Hye SOO is the real daughter, so charman cha knos, director of orphanage too with Se Young and the man who works with Seol Yoo Kyung. Poor Seol Yoo Kyung!!!

So SeYoung has her mother the director of orphanage  but call her aunt but nobody known that she is her mother

these peoples are evil

It's not the first drama of this genre that a  evil SFL pretend to be the real daughter and the real daughter is FL

It will be cruel for Seol Yoo Kyung to learn that the one she thought was her daughter is not her daughter but the other one she already loved but that the people around her lied to her

Bet this RickRoll'D SeYoung will be forgiven at the ending, seems after she will snatch ML to the other girl and many evil thing,  by relationship chart  she will be with ML at the ending

Someone translate relationship chart please???

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

ending, seems after she will snatch ML to the other girl and many evil thing,  by relationship chart  she will be with ML at the ending

He has been a jerk from the beginning, so FL may get a better man in SML? 
In unknown woman, the same thing happened. 
Her BF and baby were 'stolen' by the evil SFL who got her into prison I think. But the FL's acting and character was over the top that I was laughing at the wrong places. 

In this show, the jerk stood her up at their wedding. I wonder if she's hoing by the name HS or a new one and a new identity.

Do we have 100 episodes or 50?

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, maribella said:

He has been a jerk from the beginning, so FL may get a better man in SML? 
In unknown woman, the same thing happened. 
Her BF and baby were 'stolen' by the evil SFL who got her into prison I think. But the FL's acting and character was over the top that I was laughing at the wrong places. 

In this show, the jerk stood her up at their wedding. I wonder if she's hoing by the name HS or a new one and a new identity.

Do we have 100 episodes or 50?

This is 120 episodes.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1