[Drama 2022] Gaus Electronics, 가우스전자 - Kwak Dong Yeon, Kang Min Ah, Go Sung Hee, Bae Hyun Sung

partyon

Nice for Kwakkie to be in a lead. I saw 2 episodes but the humour is too much for me. And there is too much screaming and anger by someone who is supposed to be "coolheaded". 

Of course @partyon knew I'd say something about it :D

VUpw.gif

Watching a drama and you want to eat the food you see?

Why don't you bring the food to our virtual table:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

@the_sweetroad @agenth @4evrkdrama I watched the first 2 episodes and I loved it! I've been waiting for a drama like this to appear for a while. Am a big fan of comedies like Modern Farmer and Welcome to Waikiki, so this drama is right up my alley. And it is making me laugh out loud. :D

Am guessing only @Sleepy Owl will feel the same way as me. :sweats:

In any case, Cha Na Rae is totally over the top with her temper but it's pretty clear that we'll get a love line with her and Sang Sik. Hate will turn into love.

FBTXFRCZQVGFJ6UMEYTR2FSGLA.jpg

And we're getting skinship already :D

This hair made my lol so much when I saw it for the first time :loolz:

2022092915225801183d3244b4fed18217218513

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Anyone else think that the leads have some kind of a past? @rocher22?

It's too random that the FL would hate on the ML this much without it being personal...

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

@Sleepy Owl and I were discussing that her hate is so strong that something must have happened in the past. Was she in love with him in elementary school and she got upset that he didn't remember her? :D

We know that they're the same age, so for them to having been classmates could be in the stars.

I also like that the ML is standing up for himself and not letting her bully him around mindlessly.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Min Ah And Bae Hyun Sung Face The Fallout Of Their Night Together In “Gaus Electronics”

Get ready for romance to blossom in the workplace on the next episodes of “Gaus Electronics”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Gaus Electronics” is a new comedy about office romance and friendships, as well as the workplace struggles to which all office workers can relate.

Spoilers

Previously on “Gaus Electronics,” Geon Gang Mi (played by Kang Min Ah) and Baek Ma Tan (Bae Hyun Sung) shared a passionate night together after meeting at a pojangmacha (outdoor street food tent), then unexpectedly reunited as employees in Gaus Electronics’ marketing department. While Baek Ma Tan was unable to forget that fateful night, Geon Gang Mi was determined to erase it entirely from her memory.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episodes, the two co-workers share another encounter outside of the office. As Baek Ta Man looks at Geon Gang Mi with an unreadable expression, Geon Gang Mi strikes up a conversation with an intriguing glint in her eye, piquing curiosity as to what the two of them could be discussing.

Bae-Hyun-Sung-768x512.jpg

Kang-Min-Ah-768x512.jpg

Meanwhile, on the drama’s previous episode, Lee Sang Shik (Kwak Dong Yeon) and Cha Na Rae (Go Sung Hee) unintentionally found themselves in a situation where Lee Sang Shik’s crush Mo Hae Young (Lee So Hee) could mistake them for lovers.

After this unfortunate coincidence, the two co-workers—who are now neighbors as well—become further entangled outside the workplace.

With a new photo of Lee Sang Shik sitting sadly alone in a bear costume, an abandoned bouquet of flowers by his side, it remains to be seen how his unrequited love for Mo Hae Young will play out—and what kind of role Cha Na Rae will play in their story.

Spoiler

Kwak-Dong-Yeon-768x512.jpg

Go-Woori-Go-Sung-Hee-768x512.jpg

Episodes 3 and 4 of “Gaus Electronics” will be released on October 7.

Kang Min Ah And Bae Hyun Sung Face The Fallout Of Their Night Together In “Gaus Electronics” | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, partyon said:

We know that they're the same age, so for them to having been classmates could be in the stars.

and maybe they are childhood friends..  :D

12 hours ago, partyon said:

I also like that the ML is standing up for himself and not letting her bully him around mindlessly.

yep, he is well prepared...  ''Music that calms nasty boss temper''...:lol:

the new stills... I love the tense scene between Ma Tan and KM..

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

@rocher22 @agenth@4evrkdrama @the_sweetroad @Sleepy Owl Ep 3 was sooo funny! :D

I am liking it a lot more that the FL is showing some sympathy and nicer qualities towards Sang Sik here! She really looked out for him in her own way, when he was rejected by the girl who speaks of herself in the 3rd person.

The rich dude in the VIP luxury bus also cracked me up so much. :D

The thing that made me laugh the most is the guy in the marketing team who keeps stealing stuff from the company. The toilet paper and tissue scenes really made me laugh out loud. haha

Also, how adorbs is uri Kwakkie in a teddy bear suit. :wub:

Kwak-Dong-Yeon.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, partyon said:

Also, how adorbs is uri Kwakkie in a teddy bear suit. :wub:

Omo, what is this? :joy:

I finished Youth MT Ep 6 last night so have a bit more time now to watch this one. The bear suit is adorable! I don't know how actors keep a straight face while parading around in costumes like these.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

the drone scene..   :lol:

that was a fun fight with the pigeons...MT was impressed.. :D

Poor Sang Sik... Im glad NR came with that orange umbrella... and then the almost  romantic scene

was ruined by the wind...  :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

OMG ep 4 continued to make me laugh :D

Aziz is the real MVP in this drama, no? :coolshades:

Hae Young is just using Sang Sik and loved the way Aziz put her in her place - even though she is too dumb to understand it herself

:loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I'm enjoying Gaus more now that the bullying and screaming courtesy of NaRae toned down. This week's highlight goes to Sang Sik in a bear costume and Aziz. Sang Sik is surrounded by strong personalities, so I am looking forward to see how he deals with it going forward, now that he is involved in a fake relationship. 

Me whenever Hae Young appears:

34bb39e9f40ecb317db35015e20b5c3b89ce0a43

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Well, I was pooh-poohing this drama after the first episode but I've now watched through Ep 4 and it is so funny and creative. I'm actually surprised by how much of a romcom it is, and hardly any of it is about the actual inner workings of Gaus Electronics. :joy: Except for that hair-loss helmet.

- Cracking up every time the manager interprets something that Ma Tan does or says to mean that Ma Tan is destitute or starving. :lol:

- Ma Tan's mom is so manic, swinging from unfounded conclusions to being super kind to Kang Mi. The assistant's facial expressions are pretty solid, too.

- Aziz and Na Rae are the housemates/ roommates that would be hard to live with, but they have Sang Sik's back when it comes to Hae Young. Actually Na Rae is growing on me.

- Hae Young is awful! Not sure what Sang Sik sees in her.

- Kwakkie is such a lovelorn goofball in this show. He's doing such a good job. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I'm actually surprised by how much of a romcom it is, and hardly any of it is about the actual inner workings of Gaus Electronics. :joy: Except for that hair-loss helmet.

The commercials at the end of each episode make me laugh so much though. :joy:

I feel like Gaus Electronics sells EVERYTHING.

Did you guys notice that Sang Sik has a refrigerator from the brand Gaus? :loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 Reasons Why You Need To Watch The Best Comedy K-Drama In 2022 "Gaus Electronics"

Full article: https://www.kpopmap.com/4-reasons-why-you-need-to-watch-the-best-comedy-kdrama-in-2022-gaus-electronics/

gaus-4.jpg

It is very "The Office" meets "Friends". 

In a year filled with suspenseful thrillers that have giving fans anxiety, heart-aching melodramas, fast-paced action series, and sad healing dramas that might have taken viewers on an emotional rollercoaster ride, there came a series with the aim of providing a sense of relief and laughter to the hearts and minds of K-Drama fans. Its name is "Gaus Electronics". The office web drama might currently be in its 4th episode but that is already enough to make it one of the most hilarious and dare we say best K-Dramas released this year.

Simple yet full of life and hilarity, the web drama tells the story of the eccentric members of Marketing team 3 in the multinational conglomerate "Gaus Electronics". The underdogs of the company, this rag-tag team is set on changing their status from being "losers" to being the "prominent part" of the organization. With so many stumbling blocks on their path (mainly due to their silliness) will they be able to achieve their goals? And would a common interest and consistent interaction foster romantic connection amongst them? This questions will perhaps be answered in the most hilarious ways throughout the course of the series.

Haven't seen an episode yet? Here are 4 reasons why this deserves to be on your watch list.

1. The surprising cast

Looking at the majority of the cast line, this type of drama might not necessarily be their type set. From Kwak DongYeon who is known for his stellar roles in thriller dramas to Baek HyunJin, who has played predominantly villain roles in the last couple of years. Or Heo JungDo, who is also currently playing the role of one of the most annoying characters in the healing drama "Mental Coach Jegal". One wouldn't necessarily think they would do very well in a comedy but they truly excel brilliantly.

4 Reasons Why You Need To Watch The Best Comedy K-Drama In 2022 "Gaus Electronics"

Kwak DongHyeon's delivery in this series is truly awards-worthy. Even though it is a scripted series, his reactions and dialogues often feel so spontaneous and natural. He fully immerses himself into his character. Crazy, outrageous but still with a sense of sincerity and naivety that one might find innocent and charming. His banter with Cha NaRae (played by Ko SungHee) is truly comedic gold. Their scenes together always go from heart-fluttering moments to chaos in split seconds.

Bae HyeonSeok's character is another that is so humorous even though he is not trying to be. His persona as a rich but somewhat dumb son of a Chaebol is such a refreshing aspect of the series. He always has a climactic reaction to everything and his interactions with General Manager Wi (played by Baek HyunJin) is nothing but sheer comedy. His adorable and witty interactions with Geon KangMi (played by Kang MinAh) spark our interest in their budding romance story. The rest of the cast delivers accordingly as well. From their funny and chaotic subplots to their tiki-taka banter. The cast might have been unforeseen, but they fit perfectly.

Spoiler

2. The dialogue

It is filled with dark and witty humor that leaves you truly entertained and in a state of laughter with every scene. The drama doesn't expectantly try to be funny, perhaps, it would have lost its genuinity that way. Instead, it makes the interactions and actions of the characters so literal it comes off as a natural comedy.

So far, it has taken many famous K-Drama tropes and given them a comedic but realistic and relatable reaction. For example in the trope of the rich heir of a chaebol whose mother is disapproving of his relationship with a "poor" girl and offers her money, the water splash on the face, or the Kimchi slap.

3. The chemistry of the actors

One of the things that really make for a great series is the chemistry of the actors. And in this series, the chemistry between the cast and their characters is not lacking. Absolutely adorable and endearing, this is perhaps the one series where the chemistry doesn't just lie with the main leads alone but with all the cast as well.

4. No villain stress

If you need a series without the stress of watching the villain continuously harm or mistreat the hero, then this would be perfect for you. This year, the villains have been an even more prominent role in many series and genres, including the "healing dramas" and comedy as well. So, a series where there is no one to hate is truly refreshing. While villains serve as a valuable and important component of what makes for an interesting K-Drama, often, it is also good to take a break from the conniving and villainy actions of these characters and just have a great laugh.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2