[Mainland Chinese Drama 2023 & 2024] Lost You Forever 长相思 S1 & S2

SC2019

• 3 weeks later...

complete this drama

I rate it 7.0/10 , slightly above average

voice dub : 10/10 , I think almost all the main characters using real voice except tushanjing ?

music 8.2/10 , good effort for the actor actress to sing , not enough romance as songs all sad regret theme

child actor : 8/10 ,  main duo appear in limited area only 7.5 , plus 0.5 more for flashback the cage slave scene. Fox brothers short flashback. All unable to trigger emotion.

costume 8.2/10 , does have the royal feel , above 8 score

outdoor setting 5.5/10 , limited outdoor scenes and heavy cgi , only the street in the filming town (theme park)

indoor setting 8.5/10 lots of little details on the tabletop props

Director's style is to move the camera on rails for indoor scene.

scenes which took a shortcut:

male lead 20k army , 2 guys meetup to talk about lacking food and cash , no scene of the troops or army base

chishui-fenglong always announce he convinced XX clan to support , never shown the process or who they are ,  doesn't show CSFL managing his clan as heir

Male lead when trapped by uncle enemies or assasination , will "all's well ends well" and say he had it planned only feign weakness.

This is repeated throughout the show from start to end , feels like taking the audience for the ride since nothing bad will happen to our invulnerable genius with level100 luck.

2 Uncle villian characters , feels very hollow without villian backstory development compared to other drama.

Best scenes of the drama :

xiangliu shapeshift into lady on boat

xiangliu helping female lead without recognition (heal, rescue , chop magic barrier , transfer blood , make bow)

female lead fighting for life in the forest

female lead torture scene with hands in bug box

The final few episodes of rebuilding the palace of subjugated state , emperor's abdication , were very mild and cannot provoke emotion. Sub-par quality ending if considered as standalone drama.

• 1 month later...

Why is this Thread so Deserted?   Why don't you all continue the discussion until S2 comes along? 

There is insufficient in-depth discussion for S1.  I would love to listen to more of everyone's opinions.

Is the Moderator going to create a new Thread for S2?  That is what you normally do right?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

@hush puppy Season 2 is scheduled for broadcast in July. Finally! Now is a good time to rewatch Season 1, say an average of 1 or 2 episodes per day, which will make it just in time for the start of Season 2. Shall we watch it together, and post our comments as we go along? All are welcome to join 

:hwaiting:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 6/5/2024 at 12:00 PM, omiki said:

@hush puppy Season 2 is scheduled for broadcast in July. Finally! Now is a good time to rewatch Season 1, say an average of 1 or 2 episodes per day, which will make it just in time for the start of Season 2. Shall we watch it together, and post our comments as we go along? All are welcome to join 

On 6/8/2024 at 2:05 AM, SilverDawn said:

Really?! Great news! Looking forward tot his one

@omiki  @SilverDawn   Sure.   

@omiki  You can kickstart the discussion.  I read that Part 2  will premiere on 10 July 2024  I have already rewatched it many times.  I am now at Ep 18.

@omiki  I am in a Different Camp from you.  I like Ye Shi Qi/ Tu Shan Jing.  

Edited on Saturday, 8 June 2024 for accuracy

• Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2023 & 2024] Lost You Forever 长相思 S1 & S2

@hush puppy @omiki @SilverDawn to keep things simple and easier to maintain (after all, it is meant to be one story, but broken into two parts to circumvent the regulation changes) I have changed the heading for this thread to Season 1 & 2. When Season 2 airs, you can all continue chatting here. 

• Like 2

While I am rewatching Season 1, this song is stuck in my mind all day. The lyrics were perfectly written for the drama, and the melody is very catchy. I wonder if they will make new songs for Season 2. Looking forward to Season 2!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Chinese Drama 2024] Lost You Forever 长相思 S2 (premieres 8 July) & Lost You Forever S1 (2023 drama)
On 12/3/2023 at 2:13 AM, hush puppy said:

Why is this Thread so Deserted?   Why don't you all continue the discussion until S2 comes along? 

There is insufficient in-depth discussion for S1.  I would love to listen to more of everyone's opinions.

Is the Moderator going to create a new Thread for S2?  That is what you normally do right?

Not that I’m posting anywhere else but I have been wondering why Soompi doesn’t have many active posters in any threads for some years now as opposed to Mydramalist or Reddit.  Maybe they moved over there because they can write anything they want since there isn’t any moderator of some sort.

Anyhow, I’m sticking to Soompi and looking forward to season 2 of this drama on July 8th.