[Drama 2022-2023] Trolley, 트롤리

larus

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Hyun Joo Is A Politician’s Wife With A Big Secret In New Drama “Trolley”

Kim Hyun Joo has shared her thoughts on her character in SBS’s upcoming drama “Trolley”!

“Trolley” is a new mystery romance drama about a politician’s wife who faces the biggest dilemma of her life after a secret she’s been hiding is unexpectedly revealed. Presented with difficult choices and no right answer, the characters in “Trolley” will be swept up in a whirlwind of confusion and conflict.

Kim Hyun Joo will star in the drama as Kim Hye Joo, the wife of National Assembly member Nam Joong Do (played by Park Hee Soon). Kim Hye Joo runs a book restoration shop, and because she wants to live a quiet, ordinary life, she chooses to stay out of the public eye despite being a politician’s wife. However, she winds up facing the biggest crisis of her life when, due to an unexpected incident, a secret she’s been hiding for a long time rises to the surface.

Newly released stills from the upcoming drama offer a glimpse of Kim Hye Joo’s peaceful life as she goes about her work at her book restoration shop—as well as the fear, anxiety, and sorrow that will ripple through her quiet life due to her secret.

Kim-Hyun-Joo-800x533.jpeg

Describing why she was so drawn to “Trolley,” Kim Hyun Joo recalled, “When I first encountered the script, I felt like I was reading a quiet and beautiful novel. But the more I read, the more new events unfolded in each episode, and the suspense never ended. I found it entertaining that from the very first episode, there was a subtle, hidden tension between the characters that unfolded in a fast-paced plot.”

“Kim Hye Joo is a character who isn’t capable of being fully happy,” she continued. “Due to feelings of guilt that stem from a series of incidents, she goes about living her life while feeling as though she doesn’t deserve to be happy. After meeting Nam Joong Do and starting a family, she is in the process of healing her wounds through love when she suddenly faces another round of trials and tribulations. She is a pitiful character that makes your heart ache.”

Kim Hyun Joo went on, “I hope that viewers will feel a precariousness from the very beginning of the drama. Although [Hye Joo] is smiling on the outside, I tried to constantly feel a sense of anxiety and nervousness over the fact that Hye Joo’s secret could be found out at any time.”

Kim-Hyun-Joo-2-800x533.jpeg

As for how else she prepared for the role, the actress revealed, “Because there are scenes in the drama that are related to Hye Joo’s work in book restoration, I went to an expert and learned directly from them, and I also practiced on my own. Because the profession itself is an uncommon one, I found it really appealing that it was a new job with which I had no previous experience.”

Spoiler

Kim-Hyun-Joo-3-800x533.jpeg

“Trolley” will premiere on December 19 at 10 p.m. KST.

Kim Hyun Joo Is A Politician’s Wife With A Big Secret In New Drama “Trolley” | Soompi

• Like 3

I am waiting for this drama. The articles make me anticipate this more.

'Trolley' Park Hee-soon becomes a politician... "To lead the world in the right direction"

EZTZ5PXF67SSJTX3NUSG5ADOTE.jpg

On the 30th, SBS' new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Trolley' (Screenplay Ryu Bo-ri, Director Kim Moon-gyo) released a still cut of Park Hee-soon, who transformed into 'Namjung-do', a politician with a soft charisma.

In the play, Park Hee-soon plays the role of 'Namjung-do', a member of the National Assembly who is about to run for her third term and the husband of Kim Hye-joo (Kim Hyun-joo). With the determination to make the world a better place, she has been working hard to represent the socially underprivileged since her days as a lawyer. Although her promise to her beloved wife took precedence over her dreams as a politician, Kim Hye-joo's past secrets are revealed and her Nam-jung-do's life is upheaval.

36S7XIWU76YN5C5PT6II7DGUYU.jpg

In this regard, the public photos contain the two faces of Nam Jung-do, a member of the National Assembly, arousing curiosity. First of all, the golden badge on the collar along with straight eyes and a gentle smile catches the eye. Recognized as a competent politician early on, it is a part that makes us look forward to his steps towards a better world.

On the other hand, the contrasting atmosphere also attracts attention. The figure of Kim Hye-joo holding her hand tightly while making eye contact with her shows her affectionate husband and at the same time foreshadows an unexpected 'accident' that befell them, amplifying her curiosity.

Regarding his impressions of the script for 'Trolley', Park Hee-soon said, "I thought it was a well-written script. The story the writer wanted to convey was clear and the message the work gave was clear. However, he did not force the viewers to participate in the story himself. He said, "I was attracted to the fact that it unfolds without hesitation from the first episode," stimulating anticipation.

Park Hee-soon, who explained the character of 'Namjung-do' as "a politician who does his best in his job as a member of the National Assembly to lead the world in the right direction, and a husband who loves and cherishes his wife," said Park Hee-soon, who said, "The character's emotional line is constantly swirling from the beginning. Because of this, I tried to maintain an appropriate line between 'Park Hee-soon' and 'Namjung-do', but it was not as easy as I thought because the more I immersed myself in the character, the more my real image was projected."

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/11/30/QNLRZQU3OLGF2IHFTQWRLAGWCE/

• Like 3

Park Hee-soon is shaken by Kim Hyun-joo’s Trolley secrets

by tccolb

sbs-tro-t-7.jpg

A beautiful and shadowy new teaser has dropped for SBS’s Trolley, showcasing the mystery melodrama’s troubled leads: Kim Hyun-joo (Hellbound), Park Hee-soon (A Model Family), and Kim Mu-yeol (Juvenile Justice).

Our heroine Kim Hye-joo (Kim Hyun-joo) lives a quietly happy life with her stalwart husband – Nam Joong-do (Park Hee-soon) – and has humbly remained out of the spotlight despite Joong-do’s rising political career. But Hye-joo has also been hiding a difficult secret from her past and the story follows the resulting ripple effect when that secret finally comes to light.

The video teaser opens on a rooftop where Joong-do stands with his trusted aide – Jang Woo-jae (Kim Mu-yeol) – and is asked the question: “If you had to choose between your wife and the world you dream of, which side would you choose?” In the sequence, we see moments from Joong-do’s happy marriage and Hye-joo lovingly reminds him that she is sharing her husband with the world.

We then cut to Hye-joo’s secret catching up with her and we hear a woman’s voice off-screen: “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it, Kim Hye-joo? Does your husband know your past as well?” Hye-joo begs her not to tell anyone, but it doesn’t take long for the press to arrive on her doorstep. Joong-do accepts that secrets can’t be hidden forever and Hye-joo apologizes for causing him trouble.

In a press conference, Joong-do delivers a formal apology to the public on her behalf and Woo-jae worries if Joong-do still trusts his wife. Returning to our couple, the teaser then closes on Joong-do’s reassurance to Hye-joo: “I trust you. Because it’s you.”

Written by Ryu Bo-ri (Do You Like Brahms) with directing helmed by PD Kim Moon-gyo (Lovers of the Red Sky, Stove League), SBS’s Trolley follows Cheer Up in the Monday-Tuesday slot with a December 19 premiere.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/11/park-hee-soon-is-shaken-by-kim-hyun-joos-trolley-secrets/

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Hee Soon Is A Hard-Working Politician And Loving Husband In New Drama “Trolley”

Upcoming drama “Trolley” has released new stills of Park Hee Soon!

“Trolley” is a new mystery romance drama about a politician’s wife who faces the biggest dilemma of her life after a secret she’s been hiding is unexpectedly revealed. Presented with difficult choices and no right answer, the characters in “Trolley” will be swept up in a whirlwind of confusion and conflict. Park Hee Soon will play politician Nam Joong Do, while Kim Hyun Joo will be taking on the role of his wife Kim Hye Joo.

Nam Joong Do is a member of the National Assembly who is soon to be running for his third term in office. He is a man with a very gentle kind of charisma, and he works tirelessly to achieve his goal of creating a better world. Before becoming a politician, he was a lawyer who fought hard to help and represent the socially disadvantaged, and it is his ideals that continue to drive him forward. His love for his wife always came before his dreams as a politician, but as Kim Hye Joo’s past secrets are revealed, Nam Joong Do is unable to avoid the major upheaval to which his life becomes subjected.

The newly released stills capture two sides of Nam Joong Do. First, there is Nam Joong Do the politician. His gentle smile and focused gaze give him the look of an experienced National Assembly member who can be trusted by citizens to fulfill his promise of creating a better world.

park-hee-soon-2-800x533.jpg

Then there is Nam Joong Do the loving and affectionate husband, who holds Kim Hye Joo’s hand tightly in his own as he looks at her with deep fondness and love. But there is also a darkness looming above them, seemingly foreshadowing the unexpected incidents that are about to take place.

kim-hyun-joo-park-hee-soon-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

park-hee-soon-1-800x533.jpg

Describing the appeal of “Trolley,” Park Hee Soon commented, “I think it’s a very well-plotted script. The story that the writer wanted to convey is clear and the message being conveyed by the work is clear. However, it doesn’t force its perspective on viewers, but rather gives them the space to participate in the story on their own.”

He went on to describe Nam Joong Do as “a politician who does his best in his role as a National Assembly member to lead society in the right direction, and a husband who loves and cherishes his wife.”

“Trolley” will premiere on December 19 at 10 p.m. KST.

Park Hee Soon Is A Hard-Working Politician And Loving Husband In New Drama “Trolley” | Soompi

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Trolley, 트롤리- Kim Hyun Joo & Park Hee Soon-Premieres on December 19th

Precarious couple Kim Hyun-joo and Park Hee-soon... ‘Trolley’ main poster revealed

116683209.1.jpg

116683211.1.jpg

The main poster of SBS' new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Trolley', which depicts the precarious melodrama of Kim Hyun-joo and Park Hee-soon, has been released.

'Trolley' is a mystery dilemma melodrama that depicts the story of a member of the National Assembly member's wife who lived with her past hidden and the secret revealed to the world. Director Kim Moon-gyo, who participated in “Stove League,” “Praise of Death,” and “Hongcheongi,” and writer Ryu Bo-ri, who wrote “Do you like Brahms?” While Kim Hyun-joo and Park Hee-soon are working together for the first time as a married couple, expectations are high, and the main poster released this time also attracts viewers with a fatal atmosphere.

First, Kim Hye-joo (played by Kim Hyeon-joo), who is embraced by her husband Nam Joong-do (played by Park Hee-soon), and the couple's mixed views are unusual. 'Tell me. i want you... Shouldn't have loved you?'

Another poster released together also contains the empty and lonely expressions of Kim Hye-joo and Nam Jung-do. Although they are looking at the same place, complex anguish and tangled emotions pass through their empty eyes. The answer, ‘It’s a secret that no one will know if only you close your eyes’, which follows closely here, also adds to the curiosity.

In “Trolley,” Kim Hyun-joo plays the role of Kim Hye-joo, a book repairer who fixes broken books and the wife of Nam Joong-do, a member of the National Assembly. There is no doubt about her feelings for her husband, but he, who wanted her to live a normal life, never appears outside as a politician's wife. However, she is a character who faces a crisis and upheaval in her life when her long-held secret emerges through an unexpected incident.

In addition, Park Hee-soon plays 'Namjung-do', a lawyer-turned-re-elected member of the National Assembly and Kim Hye-joo's husband. With her determination to make the world a better place, she has always worked hard to represent the socially underprivileged, but one day, Kim Hye-joo's secret is revealed to the world, and she is a character who meets another inflection point.In addition, Park Hee-soon plays 'Namjung-do', a lawyer-turned-re-elected member of the National Assembly and Kim Hye-joo's husband. With her determination to make the world a better place, she has always worked hard to represent the socially underprivileged, but one day, Kim Hye-joo's secret is revealed to the world, and she is a character who meets another inflection point.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20221125/116683216/1

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Trolley, 트롤리- Kim Hyun Joo & Park Hee Soon-Mon&Tue @22:00 KST-Premieres on December 19th

Seo Jeong-yeon cast in 'Trolley' and 'Understanding Love'

NISI20221205_0001145749_web.jpg?rnd=2022

Actress Seo Jeong-yeon has confirmed her appearances in the dramas 'Trolley' and 'Understanding Love'.

First of all, SBS TV's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Trolley' depicts the story of a member of the National Assembly member's wife who lived with her past hidden.

In the play, Seo Jeong-yeon has a relationship with 'Jung-do' (played by Park Hee-soon), and her wife 'Hye-joo' (played by Kim Hyeon-joo) is like 'Hyun Yeo-jin', a trustworthy supporter of the couple.

https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20221205_0002111551

• Like 2

Watch: Park Hee Soon Is A Level-Headed Politician Who Madly Loves His Wife Kim Hyun Joo In “Trolley”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 6, 2022
by S. Kim

SBS’s upcoming drama “Trolley” has dropped a new teaser!

“Trolley” is a new mystery romance drama about a politician’s wife who faces the biggest dilemma of her life after a secret she’s been hiding is unexpectedly revealed. Presented with difficult choices and no right answer, the characters in “Trolley” will be swept up in a whirlwind of confusion and conflict. Park Hee Soon will play politician Nam Joong Do, while Kim Hyun Joo will be taking on the role of his wife Kim Hye Joo.

The second teaser clip previews the secret surrounding Kim Hye Joo’s past. A sharp voice of a woman who says, “Kim Hye Joo, you should have lived in hiding. Did you think that nobody would recognize you?” brings Kim Hye Joo back the pieces of her memories that were scattered around. Nam Joong Do, who finds out about his wife’s past, promises to protect her, but his chief secretary Jang Woo Jae (Kim Moo Yeol) also advises him by saying, “Now is the time to focus on the general election.”

Meanwhile, the couple faces another crisis that shakes their lives. Kim Soo Bin (Jung Soo Bin), who appears in front of them, says, “Let me crash here. I’m threatening you right now,” making them nervous. Viewers are curious to find out what kind of story and relationship they have. Nam Joong Do’s icy cold gaze at Kim Hye Joo also draws viewers’ attention. He says, “If you touch her or hurt her, you won’t be able to handle what happens next,” raising tension between the two.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1557343wpp/watch-park-hee-soon-is-a-level-headed-politician-who-madly-loves-his-wife-kim-hyun-joo-in-trolley

• Like 3

December 6 2022

Two teaser posters & teaser trailer 2 for SBS drama “Trolley”

Trolley-tp02.jpg

Two teaser posters and teaser trailer 2 added for SBS drama series “Trolley” starring Kim Hyun-Joo and Park Hee-Soon. Caption on the poster below states “Your truth … my choice” and caption on the poster above sates “I didn’t think I could hide it forever.” The teaser posters features Park Hee-Soon as Nam Joong-Do, Kim Hyun-Joo as Kim Hye-Ju, Kim Moo-Yul as Jang Woo-Jae, and Chung Su-Bin as Kim Soo-Bin.

“Trolley” first airs December 19, 2022 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Joong-Do (Park Hee-Soon) and Hye-Ju (Kim Hyun-Joo) are a married couple. Joong-Do is a member of the National Assembly and he is driven to make the world a better place. His wife Hye-Ju runs a book repair shop. She hides a secret, which even Joong-Do does not know. Hye-Ju wants a peaceful and normal life. Even though her husband is a politician, Hye-Ju has never sought publicity or appeared in the media. Due to a case, Hye-Ju’s secret becomes public.

Trolley-tp01.jpg
  • Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Hyun Joo, Park Hee Soon, And More Face A Moral Dilemma In New Mystery Romance Drama “Trolley”

SBS has unveiled a new set of posters for its upcoming drama “Trolley”!

“Trolley” is a new mystery romance drama about a politician’s wife who faces the biggest dilemma of her life after a secret she’s been hiding is unexpectedly revealed. Presented with difficult choices and no right answer, the characters in “Trolley” will be swept up in a whirlwind of confusion and conflict.

Kim Hyun Joo will star in the drama as Kim Hye Joo, the wife of National Assembly member Nam Joong Do (Park Hee Soon). Kim Hye Joo runs a book restoration shop, and despite her sincere love for her husband, she chooses to stay out of the public eye instead of being active as a politician’s wife. However, she winds up facing the biggest crisis of her life when, due to an unexpected incident, a secret she’s been hiding for a long time rises to the surface.

Park Hee Soon will play Nam Joong Do, a National Assembly member preparing to run for his third term in office. A lawyer-turned-politician, Nam Joong Do has always done his best to protect the weakest members of society in the hopes of creating a better world, and as a loving husband, he has also tried to keep his promise to his wife.

Kim Moo Yeol will play the role of Nam Joong Do’s meticulous and quick-thinking chief of staff Jang Woo Jae, whom the politician trusts deeply, while Jung Soo Bin will play the mysterious Kim Soo Bin, an uninvited guest who cares more about her own safety and survival than anything else. When Kim Soo Bin suddenly walks into Kim Hye Joo and Nam Joong Do’s life, she turns the couple’s world upside down.

The newly released posters offer a glimpse of not only the four main characters, but also the quandary that lies ahead of them. In one poster, Kim Hyun Joo stares down the camera as the caption reads, “Your truth, my choice.”

Trolley-2-768x1097.jpg

In the other, Park Hee Soo is the one who stands at the forefront as his caption reads, “I didn’t think we’d be able to hide it forever.”

Notably, this second poster also reveals the meaning behind the drama’s title. The characters stand on lines that resemble diverging railroad tracks, with the fork-in-the-road imagery symbolizing an important choice that needs to be made.

The image specifically references the famous “Trolley Problem” that is often discussed in moral philosophy: if a runaway trolley is about to hit five people on a track and there are no brakes, is it more ethical to do nothing and hit those five people? Or to pull a lever and divert the trolley to a side track where it will kill only one person?

Trolley-3-1536x1071.jpg

The producers of “Trolley” teased, “Everything will start with Kim Hye Joo’s secret. Amidst a cataclysm of changing emotions, the relationships [between the characters] will unfold in intriguing ways.”

They went on to add, “You can safely look forward to the passionate acting and chemistry between trusted actors Kim Hyun Joo, Park Hee Soo, and Kim Moo Yeol, as well as Jung Soo Bin, a rising star you should keep an eye on.”

“Trolley” will premiere on December 19 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Kim Hyun Joo, Park Hee Soon, And More Face A Moral Dilemma In New Mystery Romance Drama “Trolley” | Soompi

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Hyun Joo, Park Hee Soon, And More Face Dilemma When Secrets Are Revealed In New Mystery Romance Drama “Trolley”

SBS has dropped a new set of posters for its upcoming drama “Trolley”!

The four character posters stimulate the viewers’ curiosity about the narratives and relationships between Kim Hye Joo (Kim Hyun Joo), Nam Joong Do (Park Hee Soon), Jang Woo Jae (Kim Moo Yeol), and Kim Soo Bin (Jung Soo Bin). The opaque expressions seen from the blurry silhouettes as well as the two curvy lines passing through the four characters catch attention.

First of all, Kim Hyun Joo has perfectly immersed into her character Kim Hye Joo, who has a secret that cannot be said. The text that reads, “You feel so unfamiliar to me right now,” conveys Kim Hye Joo’s complex feelings as she faces a new side of the person she loves.

trolley_01-1071x1536.jpeg

Park Hee Soon plays Nam Joong Do, Kim Hye Joo’s husband and a member of the National Assembly who is about to run for his third term. He is a person who has worked hard to represent the socially underprivileged since his days as a lawyer. Nam Joong Do loves his wife so much that he separates Hye Joo’s life from his political activities. The text that reads, “I love you. Don’t doubt this,” represents his strong affection for his wife Kim Hye Joo. However, Nam Joong Do will also encounter a secret of his wife that he did not know about.

trolley_02-1071x1536.jpeg

Kim Moo Yeol takes on the role of Jang Woo Jae, Nam Joong Do’s meticulous and quick-thinking chief of staff. His poker face that is difficult to read as well as the text that reads, “Why do you think I risked my life for you?” adds to the curiosity. Jang Woo Jae is a former reporter from the Social Affairs Department who entered the political world alongside Nam Joong Do and is a recognized political partner of him.

Spoiler

trolley_03-1071x1536.jpeg

Last but not least, Jung Soo Bin who plays the role of Kim Soo Bin catches attention with her unique charm and atmosphere. Growing up in a group home after her parents got divorced, she is a person who puts her own survival and comfort as a top priority. She appears in front of Kim Hye Joo and Nam Joong Do who are living in a completely different world from her, foreshadowing the beginning of a rift between the couple. The provocative text that reads, “Are you sure you won’t regret it?” adds to the viewers’ curiosity to find out what she is up to.

Spoiler

trolley_04-1071x1536.jpeg

The production team remarked, “The complicated and subtle relationships between the characters who have their own secrets and narratives will unfold in an interesting way. Please look forward to the flawless performances and synergy between the actors.”

“Trolley” premieres on December 19 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Kim Hyun Joo, Park Hee Soon, And More Face Dilemma When Secrets Are Revealed In New Mystery Romance Drama “Trolley” | Soompi

• Like 2

Yoon Sa-bong appeared in SBS 'Trolley'... Acting with Kim Hyun-joo, Park Hee-soon, and Kim Moo-yeol

2022120910124505512d3244b4fed18217218513

Actress Yoon Sa-bong appears in SBS' new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Trolley'.

Yoon Sa-bong returns to the home theater through 'Trolley', which will be broadcast for the first time on the 19th. 'Trolley' is a mystery dilemma melodrama that depicts the story of a member of the National Assembly member's wife who lived with her past hidden and the secret revealed to the world. It delicately and meticulously unravels the complex inner worlds of the characters faced with unanswerable choices.

Yoon Sa-bong takes on the role of Kim Bit-na, a 5th-grade secretary among Nam Jung-do's (Park Hee-soon) assistants. She wanted to directly change the world through legislative activities, so she joined the National Assembly as a 9th-level administrative secretary and rose to the 5th-level secretary. She has the ability to move from room to room according to the policy.

She is a character who can meet Yun Sa-bong's smart side, and expectations are rising for her new appearance with her solid acting skills. Not only she, but she also works with Kim Hyun-joo, Park Hee-soon, and Kim Moo-yeol to complete her lineup that she believes and sees, raising expectations for her.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202212090249

• Like 2

Kim Hyun-joo confronts her past in latest Trolley teaser

by solstices

http://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/trolley_1.jpg

What would you do if you harbored a secret that could threaten your beloved spouse’s entire career? That’s exactly the question that assemblyman’s wife Kim Hye-joo — played by Kim Hyun-joo (Hellbound) — has to contend with when her long-buried past gets dredged up in SBS’s upcoming thriller Trolley.

The drama’s second teaser opens with a warning to Hye-joo, sneering that she should have lived in hiding — did she think no one would recognize her? The voiceover is accompanied with brief glimpses of bloody hands and a girl running, and it looks like both the past incident and the present threat have left Hye-joo deeply shaken.

Thankfully, Hye-joo has a solid support system in her husband. Assemblyman Nam Jung-do, played by Park Hee-soon (A Model Family), is a loving spouse who constantly reassures Hye-joo that he’ll stay by her side. When reporters besiege a distraught Hye-joo, Jung-do protectively shields her from their barrage of questions.

However, his aide Jang Woo-jae — played by Kim Mu-yeol (Juvenile Justice) — isn’t exactly on the same page. Someone has to keep an eye on Jung-do’s political career, and Woo-jae does that with a solemn reminder to Jung-do that he ought to focus solely on the upcoming general elections.

That won’t be easy, though, when there’s an unpredictable variable thrown into the mix. Jung Soo-bin (Revenge of Others) plays Kim Soo-bin, who gets entangled with Hye-joo and Jung-do through an unexpected chain of events. She’s someone who prioritizes her own survival above all else, which makes her a loose cannon.

It’s not clear who she’s addressing, but Soo-bin declares in a voiceover that she’s making a threat. She seems willing to make good on it too, judging by how she’s snooping around in Hye-joo’s room. Yet it seems like Soo-bin may have met her match. Cornering her in a stairwell, Woo-jae tells her to live as if she’s dead — or, well, it’s also fine if she dies. Whoa there.

The teaser ends with Jung-do gently coaxing Hye-joo to just forget the past, but judging by her tearful reaction, it doesn’t seem like it’ll be that simple. Whatever happened back then has clearly left an indelible scar, and it remains to be seen whether Hye-joo will be able to overcome it, or whether it’ll send both her and Jung-do’s lives careening down in a devastating spiral.

Directed by Kim Moon-gyo (Lovers of the Red Sky) and written by Ryu Bo-ri (Do You Like Brahms), Trolley premieres on December 19.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/kim-hyun-joo-confronts-her-past-in-latest-trolley-teaser/

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Hyun Joo And Park Hee Soon Clash Over Their Missing Daughter In Suspenseful Trailer For “Trolley”

SBS has shared an intriguing new sneak peek of its upcoming drama “Trolley”!

“Trolley” is a new mystery romance drama about a politician’s wife who faces the biggest dilemma of her life after a secret she’s been hiding is unexpectedly revealed. Kim Hyun Joo will star as Kim Hye Joo, the wife of National Assembly member Nam Joong Do (Park Hee Soon), who chooses to stay out of the public eye instead of being active as a politician’s wife.

The newly released trailer begins with Kim Hye Joo’s daughter Nam Yoon Seo (Choi Myung Bin) asking her an altered version of the famous “Trolley Problem” from moral philosophy, after which the drama’s title is named. “There’s a trolley,” she says. “Because the brakes aren’t working, if the trolley continues on its path, it will hit and kill five people. But if you change the trolley’s [path] to a different track, the trolley will turn and kill only one person. Mom, what would you do if that one person is someone I love?”

After glimpses of Kim Hye Joo’s happy family life flash by, things take an ominous turn when she reunites with a furious Jin Seung Hee (Ryu Hyun Kyung), who warns her with barely concealed rage, “From now on, no matter what I do, don’t blame me. Because you brought it all upon yourself.”

Nam Yoon Seo then suddenly goes missing, which leads to a fissure forming between her once happily married parents. After frantically searching for their daughter, Nam Joong Do tells the police to treat their case just like any other, without giving him special treatment for being an elected official. An upset Kim Hye Joo argues, “But you’re Yoon Seo’s father first, before a National Assembly member.”

Nam Joong Do looks conflicted as someone asks him, “For whom are you pursuing politics?” Meanwhile, Kim Hye Joo breaks down in tears as she says, “I’m so frightened and afraid that another tragedy will happen.” Nam Joong Do, who was once a devoted husband, seems to be changing as he tells someone, “Please keep this a secret from my wife.” He then meets the mysterious Kim Soo Bin (Jung Soo Bin), an uninvited guest whom he asks, “Will you be able to take responsibility for this?”

Finally, Nam Joong Do’s trusty chief of staff Jang Woo Jae (Kim Moo Yeol) tells his boss, “Betting my life on you, Assemblyman, will definitely become the best choice I could have made.”

“Trolley” will premiere on December 19 at 10 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new trailer below!

Watch: Kim Hyun Joo And Park Hee Soon Clash Over Their Missing Daughter In Suspenseful Trailer For “Trolley” | Soompi

• Like 2