Director: Nui Suttasit

Writer: Waasuthep Ketpetch

Network: CHANGE 2561, Amarin TV, Viu
Genre: Romance, Drama

Episodes: 24

Release Date: Jan 8, 2022

Runtime: 47 min

PLOT

Cheating Spouse highlights honesty, one of the most important values in a marriage. When a partner cheats, it will eventually destroy the family. The story revolves around two unworthy couples—a flirtatious social woman and her perfect husband, and a naive but optimistic woman and her ambitious husband who will do anything to succeed. The story gets complicated when these couples each get involved in a love triangle. Will pity turn into love?

CAST

Pae Arak Amornsupasiri as Naewprai/ "Prai"

Peak Pattarasaya Kreursuwansiri as Yuanta

Golf Anuwat Choocherdratana as Jomthorn / "Jom"

Wawwa Nicha Chokprajakchat as Praekeaw / "Plae"

Joy Chonticha Nuamsukon as Kathalee / "Lee"

Janis Janistar Phomphadungcheep as Saengnuan / "Nuan"

Zee Pruk Panich as Jaegun

PICTURES

k60Em_3m.jpg

dLLo0_3m.jpg

source: Mydramalist, IMDB

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

thanks for opening the thread @partyon -- hope more can join us. 

posting my thoughts from earlier -- 

ep 1-2: cinematography looks great and so does the resort. does anyone need a vacation?! 

ep 3-4: this drama is exceeding my expectations. based on the description and the title, I had minus expections but it turns out to have some depth. all the characters are drawn out including the villains.

am surprised to feel a bit sorry for both nuan as well as the cousin lee. nuan is hurting because of her past. it hurts her that she has no respect from jom and neither will he admit that he loves her. if he did, then she might be more willing to give up on him because she really wants to feel  whereas lee is also bitter but stuck. makes you wonder about her finances. how bad is it that she had to basically end up at her relatives? plae's mom treats her more like a servant she has to tolerate and there is a lot of disdain. lee is desperate to seek a better life for herself and so it makes sense that she would see a good potential in prai. he is going through a bad marriage just like her and they were classmates in university. weirdly, don't have such a bad impression of jom either. he is clearly stuck and feeling like he has to climb up the ladder. his mom is already coming across as a bit of leech and is determined to sell him off in some sense (nuan is right on that!) 

also, I like the voiceover of prai at the end of the episodes where he asks all these relationship questions. it is interesting to see two couples. one where things have fallen apart and another where things will fall apart later. prai has a lot more to lose as he is going to be losing his career in the process, something he has worked so hard. yuanta treats him badly and is actually shocked that he would consider leaving her. did she think that he would put up with her nonsense forever? it seems like she really wants as a punching bag around her and is going to miss him if he is not there. however, given her temperament, we should expect more meltdowns and craziness.

plae normally would annoy me with her naivete -- here it is not that she is blind but rather is unsure what to do with her gut feelings. as lee put it, plae has never experienced hardships. everything came easy to her. so to face a situation where things are going to go really wrong, she does not have the coping skills that someone like lee would have. it is going to be interesting -- am sure she will be defeated for quite a while because she stands up for herself. 

so surprisingly, am not using the FF button too much. the only characters that annoy me right now are the moms. they screatch too much. 

• Love 3

3 hours ago, joccu said:

Jom is awful.

one ep 6 and so far, he doesn't annoy me. he is a pretty tough lawyer when it comes to giving advice to prai. makes me wonder if divorce is tough to get in thailand....

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Are you guys hoping that Prai and Plae will join up together and take down their spouses? I am actually hoping they will have a happy ending together.

haven't gotten far enough to guess what is the direction of the story. maybe an open type ending where a beginning is just hinted?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@partyon  Yep.  I just been so wrong about these thing. especially in lakorns. :biubiu:

@Lmangla  don´t know about how tough it is get divorce in Thailand.  But just saw yesterday a news about one of retired Finnish NHL player not getting his divorce. he´s been fighting with his wife about the divorce for two years now.  

Jom also does not annoy me. but he´s just awful. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

haven't gotten far enough to guess what is the direction of the story. maybe an open type ending where a beginning is just hinted?

This drama is a remake, and I can't find any info about the original one. I wanna know.

Emotion Reaction GIF

4 minutes ago, joccu said:

@partyon  Yep.  I just been so wrong about these thing. especially in lakorns.

If there is one thing that I hope is that Jom and Yuanta don't get happy endings with their current spouses. :D

• Like 2

@partyon @joccu ~ more than jom, yuanta is the one that is starting to get my heckles. she is really nuts. what I find interesting is that prai is so calm and has a very clear handle on what is going on. he tells lee that they are at a dangerous point in their marriage where it is about hurting each other and yuanta just wants to win. this isn't about love in anyway is his estimate. all this time, she just thought he will sit there and continue to be her punching bag and now is shocked that he intends to leave. so I won't be surprised if she hatches a murder plot at some point. am interested to see how prai shifts his attention from lee (who he knows) to plae. maybe lee will get seriously injured or die???? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Just now, joccu said:

@Lmangla  Yuanta is just one crazy lady. I do wonder does she love anyone ele but herself?

no, it is the reverse. the problem is that she doesn't even love herself. she keeps saying "you don't make me happy" and mentions how unhappy she is with life. yet, she is super rich. she does not want for anything financially. she is constantly looking for something or someone to make her happy. however, happiness comes from within and is not dependant on the situation or the person you are with. she is a super unhappy person and will make everyone around her the same; she can't bear to be abandoned and takes out her anger and frustration on others. the more she does it, the more she alienates people and the only ones around her are those who need her for money. this further frustrates her because no one is true to her. thats partly why she is having a meltdown with prai. he put up with a lot of nonsense even though she despised him and now she is freaking out. prai is many ways a prisoner. this will not end well. she will kill herself or end up in jail or in the mental hospital. 

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  thank for your insight! :heart:

you can´t be happy with anyone if you don´t love yourself.  Yeah I can see Yuanta having really bad end. 

I actually feel nervous watching for prai. on one side, we have the wife who does not love him but will not let him go either. to do so would be to admit that she is unlovable and therefore, even more scary. on the other side, we have the father who is not going to let go of his cash making machine. so therefore orders him to make peace with yuanta. so prai can't really breathe anywhere and is a prisoner. hope he is making slow calculated plans towards his freedom. 

• Love 3

finished watching ep 7 and am shaking my head at plae. it is so obvious that she has never had to strive for anything, sacrifice any personal time in order to work or to hustle. so there is no way for her to understand jom's ambition. instead, she makes a faux pas by basically insisting on their lunch reservation when jom is trying to get work from prae. stupid gal! even if nuan wasn't in the picture, these two would have lots of issues because she doesn't understand the need to hustle, work hard or how easy she has. she wants a small house but like jom said, she has never lived in a small house. he on the other hand is very clear about his ambitions and climbing up. her mother picked him because he has hustle -- part of me thinks the mother assumes plae is too naive to survive on her own and therefore needs someone who is ambitious by her side. otherwise, two rich people who have no idea of the real world -- they will financially self-combust? 

and nuan mentioned something interesting -- she is wondering how long jom will hang in there as plae's mother is quite young and will live long. hmmm, does it mean that the mother will die at some point? will plae end up in financial distress and learn how to live by herself??? 

ep 8 (halfway through) -- found jom's conflict with his mom really interesting to watch. so he knows that he is being fleeced and his mom basically sold him out. so plae is even less a person and more like a plan. no wonder that now he no longer has to get her, he is going to get more and more annoyed with her. she isn't what he ever wanted but in order to keep his leech of ambitious mom happy, he went ahead with the marriage. now that jmom is onboard with nuan as long as she is getting paid, how long before she turns on plae because plae is unaware that she is supposed to cough up money for his family???? 

• Love 3

caught up to ep 10! so even I had to shake my head when yuanta said she wanted to do spa or resort business. the girl has such a nasty temper and all her housekeeping staff keep quitting and she wants to go into hospitality?? :joy:

no wonder, no one takes her seriously. at least choose a business that has minimal customer interfacing. 

5 hours ago, partyon said:

@joccu Did you see the way Prai looked at Plae in ep 10 when she entered the party? It almost looked like he was already in love with her. :wub:

You could see the admiration in his eyes....

he seemed impressed with her but don't think he is in love with her yet. rather she represents what he wishes he could have had with yuanta. plus she is so well behaved and someone who doesn't want anything from him in terms of favours. so he can be himself. he did seem happy to see her and she did look pretty. 

• Love 3

51 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

caught up to ep 10!

Sweetie, did you super FF? :joy:

51 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

he seemed impressed with her but don't think he is in love with her yet. rather she represents what he wishes he could have had with yuanta.

I think he's already smitten with her.

I'm off to watch ep 11 now!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@joccu @Lmangla I finished ep 11 and it was an intense episode! The acting was superb.

Some thoughts:

• Prai's and Yuanta's marriage has spun so out of control now that it is irreparable. Both resent each other and it's so toxic it's become dangerous for both parties. Neither really loves the other and are prisoners in their marriage now. The fact that Yuanta wants to have Prai killed and that Prai almost killed Yuanta is so messed up that they should have left each other already a long time ago. :bawling:
  • Yuanta's father has some of the worst parenting skills I've seen in a long time. His son-in-law wants to kill his cheating daughter. Instead of getting his daughter away from a dangerous man, he forces them to stay married so that the son-in-law can repay his debt!?!?! :scream:
    hot-mess.gif
  • Yes, I understand that Yuanta is traumatized because she feels unloved and betrayed by her dad, but she's a big girl now and needs to take responsibility for her actions. Please get some therapy and move on!
  • With regard to Plae, I feel quite sorry for her. From a successful business woman, she's now stuck in a huge house as a maid being totally controlled by Jom... If one good thing came out of this episode, it's that she now realizes what a scumbag her husband is. Can't wait for her to find out her husband is cheating on her too.
    At the rate this is going, I have a feeling that Plae is going to start helping Prai soon

What a mess chingus!

Gordon Ramsay Smh GIF by FOX TV

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Prai's and Yuanta's marriage has spun so out of control now that it is irreparable.

yet to watch the episode but am not surprised! prai says in a previous episode that they are at stage where they just want to hurt each other and therefore, dangerous for both. in fact, prai was already aware that he might be in danger if yuanta goes a bit nuts and so was taking precautions. 

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yuanta is traumatized because she feels unloved and betrayed by her dad

she is a bit of an idiot as you can see it is more complicated than that. the family was in dire financial straits enough to consider self-harm as a way out of their debts. in the middle of this meltdown, she felt 'unloved' because her parents and especially her dad didn't have enough time for her. one would think that as an adult, she would put context and try to understand what happened. as for him being continously dissapointed in her, who can blame him?! she is such a train wreck and purposely lashes out at people. then expects people to clean up after her and when they confront for her or ask her to take accountabilitly, she sees it as rejection and gets mad they don't love her. the girl seriously needs therapy. 

• Love 2
  • Blob 1