[Thai Drama 2022] Cheating Spouse, Pleng Bin Bai Ngiw, เพลงบินใบงิ้ว - Sat, Sun

partyon

On 2/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, Sowmya Iyer said:

I love this series. All the actors are so amazing. I feel bad for Ta as she craves for love but does stupid things and makes even more fool of herself. Plae and Prai are so amazing and even the tiniest scenes of them they share such good chemistry. Jom is a real idiot. Though he loves Nuan, he still married Plae. Wish they get back together. I wish Plae divorces him soon. Plae and Prai look amazing together. I just wish Ta realizes that you cannot force love on anyone. and What is Zee even doing here? He is all over the place and looks messed up.

yuanta drives me nuts but the actress is doing a good job of making her seem human. unless she takes accountability for her emotions and behaviour, she will not learn. she is forever blaming everyone for her unhappiness and pushing them away. then she gets mad when they reject her. it is a cycle she can't seem to break out of. so she has to end up completely alone and without money for her to break this cycle...

part of me does feel sad for both jom and nuan. he has been manipulated and pushed by his money crazy mom. he is happy with nuan but unable to admit it -- that would make him exactly like his dad. at the same time, he is ambitious and it is hard for him to see how having a partner like nuan would help. nuan is also pitiable. because of her past work, she can never gain the respect she desperately craves because everyone throws her past at her. no matter how much she says that she is now working a regular job, everyone defines her character by her past. so she is rejected by jom and his family and no matter how hard she tries, they are not going to let her forget it. 

On 2/28/2022 at 2:26 PM, Sowmya Iyer said:

Is this series taken from a novel? If so, where can I read it? Also, is there an English translation available?

that whats the notes say. it is actually a remake of an older lakorn. however, there are no comments on it either. so it is unclear how the original novel or the lakron actually ended. read a stray comment that the drama isn't a strict remake of the novel and there are some broad changes that have been made. perhaps, it was updated to lift the current times? who knows... 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Ep 17 was a big turning point in this drama. :glasses: Why? Because Plae decided to finally step 100% away from her husband and do what it takes to punish the people who had harmed her.

I was fairly certain Aunt Kate would die, because Plae needed a trigger to go on the revenge path. And now everyone is on her war path...

Be Afraid Jeff Goldblum GIF

Even though we saw less of Prai in this episode, even he has now fully taken on the role to not let Yuanta step on him anymore. He is giving her a dose of her own medicine.

My guess is that Plae will first be free of Jom (who btw was very icky in this episode) and she will then help Prai free himself from Yuanta. It will require team work.

I found it interesting that Prai already knew in his heart that he was falling for Plae, whereas Plae is not yet in that emotional space. But when she fell apart after her mom died, it was the most natural thing for her to fall into Prai's arms and let herself be comforted by him. That shows how much she already trusts him.

:fullofhearts:

PS. Yuanta has lost the plot. Pretending to throw "acid" in Plae's face? Pathetic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, partyon said:

PS. Yuanta has lost the plot. Pretending to throw "acid" in Plae's face? Pathetic.

it is just like yuanta. she believes there are no consequences for herself and so can act whatever way she feels like. it will be interesting to see how plae continues to move against yuanta. at the same time, it will be nice to see prae make some moves as well. it is beyond time that he gets out of the shadows and counters yuanta and her dad.. 

4 hours ago, partyon said:

But when she fell apart after her mom died, it was the most natural thing for her to fall into Prai's arms and let herself be comforted by him. That shows how much she already trusts him.

what I found most interesting is jom walking in and prae just looks at him and does not move. it is as if prae does not care what jom thinks and neither does he feel guilty for comforting plae. 

to be honest, was surprised that lee was so genuine in her grief. thought she would be worried more about her future. and she went from one extreme of keeping secrets to the other of blurting out the truth... 

and the bigger question -- will plae now stop wearing pink altogether? was wondering how many pink dresses can one gal have? every outfit was pale pink.. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

and the bigger question -- will plae now stop wearing pink altogether? was wondering how many pink dresses can one gal have? every outfit was pale pink.. ^_^

Pink and powder. :D She would look amazing in strong colors, yet the stylist dresses her in these frumpy colors.

When she throws out her husband, I hope she throws out these dresses too. :D

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what I found most interesting is jom walking in and prae just looks at him and does not move. it is as if prae does not care what jom thinks and neither does he feel guilty for comforting plae. 

Oh I just perceived it as if Prai didn't see Jom? Maybe he was too busy enjoying Plae's embrace to notice a jealous husband behind her. :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

Oh I just perceived it as if Prai didn't see Jom? Maybe he was too busy enjoying Plae's embrace to notice a jealous husband behind her. :D

re-watch the scene. he actually seems jom and embraces her tighter while giving a dirty look. it is rather amusing because I thought prae would be guilty and step away. nope! 

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

When she throws out her husband, I hope she throws out these dresses too.

in the final scene, she was dressed in white - ironic choice to go to battle. but so much better than wearing that same pink in every scene!!! ^_^

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

re-watch the scene. he actually seems jom and embraces her tighter while giving a dirty look. it is rather amusing because I thought prae would be guilty and step away. nope! 

I watched and it still doesn't seem like he sees Jom?

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

Maybe I need to get some glasses :D

EDIT:

@Lmangla okay, I watched again and yes it seems it's possible that he saw Jom. But he looks away so it almost made it seem like Prai is not paying any attention to Jom. It's like he's in his own world. I guess that's why I perceived it as Prai being in the moment only focusing on consoling Plae....

The scene is shot in a strange way.

@joccu You still with us, honey?

• LOL 2

@joccu Are you rooting for Plae and Prai to be together in the end?

I am feeling their gradually growing admiration and love for each other.

:fullofhearts:

Lee seemed genuinely sad that Aunt Kate passed away. I hope that is a trigger for her to do what is right.

But unfortunately I have a feeling she's gonna be really upset that Plae and Prai are becoming closer, and she will do everything in her power to keep them apart.

I just need Jom and Yuanta to get what's coming for them...

drag race no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@partyon  not really. I just hope that they find their happiness. And if it with each other that is also fine with me. 

Lee is still mystery for me. She was really sad about kate passing.but I honestly don’t thing she going to be happy seeing prai and plae being so close with each other. 

how would you like to see jom and yuanta  ending?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

awww, I feel sorry for nuan. did jom just ask her to go back to her old job when she crawled out of there and built a new life for herself? hope the girl has enough sense to stick up for herself and kick this man to the curb. this has gone beyond toxic... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

awww, I feel sorry for nuan. did jom just ask her to go back to her old job when she crawled out of there and built a new life for herself? hope the girl has enough sense to stick up for herself and kick this man to the curb. this has gone beyond toxic... 

Yes, he did. And I was appalled. :rage:

She's pregnant!

• Sad 2

@joccu @Lmangla @Sowmya Iyer Question:

Do you think that Yuanta and Jom can still be redeemed somehow? We know that Thai lakorns are often about redemption of all characters. But with only 6 episodes left and Jom & Yuanta not showing any kind of redeeming qualities so far (on the contrary, they're becoming worse), do you think we'll see them turn their lives around?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@partyon @joccu ~ I don't think jom or yuata will be able to save their marriages but it is possible they may be redeemed. the writer is showing that while these two are incredibly selfish, they are also being shown as flawed humans who are hurting. so perhaps redemption might end up looking different -- in the sense, they face the consequences of their actions with tragic results but they become human? 

• Blob 2