[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Reset 开端

sugarplum892

mind blowing, bai jingting is very smart on choosing his project, I love the pace, love the story, how each episode reveal each passenger, from lead to supporting, all act so well in this drama, really wonder how they felt, filming same scene (like lu di bumping to king over and over again), the supporting also works hard as the main lead with this consistency :sweatingbullets:

I was actually n a phase of impatient on watching drama, where after 2-3 eps, ended up watching the last eps and didn't feel loss on the "process" in between, but this drama, keeps me in toe, getting curious on unfolding episode by episode, and I love how they end it as well, 2022 seems promising again, c-drama kekekekeke

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brooksmom said:

@the_sweetroadrecommended this drama in one of her comments somewhere, don't know which thread. So, I started to watch it. It reminds me of the movies Speed and Ground Hog Day.

Thanks for tagging me @brooksmom! I didn't know there was a thread on it. I need to backread and see what you all have been posting!

We just watched Episode 9 so we still have to catch up, but like you it definitely reminds me of Speed, Groundhog Day, The Edge of Tomorrow (Live, Die, Repeat) AND Run, Lola, Run. But all in Chinese! :) 

I'm enjoying it so far, especially the introduction of the side characters one at a time.

Like many Chinese films and TV shows, though, the backstories of some of the characters are so DEPRESSING. Life can be so hard. The acting is fantastic, though. I especially appreciate Sgt Zhang - he is a master at subtle facial expressions.

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Ahh! Just backread the thread and now I want to watch the remaining 6 episodes asap! There are TWO groups of people stuck in a loop? Wow. I haven't seen that coming at all.

Really good acting all around. And @flutterby06 those posters are quite compelling.

Thanks for putting the ending details under spoiler tags, everyone! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just finally finished this drama today. Loved it; what a great and wild ride it was. I was so invested in the characters at the end that I realized I was crying when the 8 passengers were awarded for their bravery and all the estranged family members were in the audience. And Lu Di's birthday party where he got that ugly cat from his parents was touching. :lol:

Glad to see that the police were completely clean and not protecting anyone shady, in closing the investigation into Wang Mengmeng's death so quickly. And as much as I liked the ML and FL, I started wanting Capt Zhang and Detective Jiang to come onscreen more. So glad it ended well for everyone in the final time loop and that Zhang didn't have to die.

I hadn't seen any of these actors in anything else but now am even more curious to watch Nirvana in Fire, where I see a couple of the actors have also appeared.

Do we know anything about this:

On 1/7/2022 at 3:07 AM, sugarplum892 said:

Unbeknownst to them, Song Bo Dao is a delivery man also stuck in a separate but connected time loop. He is tasked with finishing his deliveries for the day, but for some reason can never deliver all of them, especially a package to someone called Xiao He Yun. Along the way, he finds pets and people in need of help, and helps them over and over again every day. One of them is writer Qin Rou Rou, who is immediately taken by his story and decides to help him decipher the solution to the time loop. They begin to date and fall back in love every day as he delivers her cat food to her and re-tells to her their story.

Is this going to be a Season 2 of the series? Or did they decide to cut this storyline?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally found this thread....

I laughed so much regardless of all the explosions. :D ep 5

The bus loop is a little annoying but our clever couple always get some information out of it. 

All the passengers are suspicious to me and the driver is somehow unnaturally calm. 

I like the police officer Zhang. He seems open-minded and considerate.:unsure:

The ML is a little jealous of the masked guy. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWzYKqCY4jwIt01rgmNxm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9HX3YKsxfhyKsAhg37xl

Rudy is a good and smart boy but he is not in the time loop for now. 

The backstory of the man with the watermelons is sad. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyjeIbUur3HfOpc0oHpMf

:what!:

Spoiler

The woman in the gray shirt has a bomb in her bag. But she looks to me like a trained soldier and not 

like an ordinary ahjumma...:unsure:

Im glad XH and SQ hugged.  its all too much for the two of them. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh22jeNy7n1RAi2BtPFSX

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSAWwQu195P20rUirgRUk

the poster is funny... 

AVvXsEiSC3zr4JVYDNusOMGFuvDisp7cjQ-Dc9Mu

their relationship develops naturally ...from this seaside scene they are officially a couple.

Spoiler

Finally LS and XH discovered that the driver is involved in the bomb thing. But we saw in that

flashback that he is a kind man.  

That bus has exploded countless times so far. Its already a bit annoying. 

66ee047eb3247d598f3e75f4d429b449.jpg

they really stick together through thick and thin...   

This contains an image of:

They finally managed to threw the bomb into the river. 

Our couple, the police and the other passengers together.  :approves:

And the married couple can finally find their peace.

Their daughter's case was also solved. 

We have not seen the backstory of XH and LS... that is unusual for the main leads but I like it.. :D

The whole cast was great.  

67080ea9322c6888f0770e0ac31673127ce9becd

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK6O5cWj80-R37qm6LaHd

14bb09d9f38a9b85cd207b10a29fc20e.jpg